Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Disappearing topic?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1    Leah G.

Leah G.

Poltergeist

• 2,966 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 06:24 PM

I posted in a topic the other day and I went to check to see if there were any other posts today and the topic is gone, not closed or moved, just gone. Why would that happen?

Thanks,
Hatch.

#2    Saru

Saru

Site Webmaster

• 20,078 posts

• "The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious." - Albert Einstein

Posted 02 April 2012 - 07:19 PM

There are several reasons why we might remove a topic, such as if it's a spam advertisement or contains offensive material.

If you have a query about a specific thread removal PM me the details and i can take a look for you.

#3    Leah G.

Leah G.

Poltergeist

• 2,966 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 09:46 PM

View PostSaru, on 02 April 2012 - 07:19 PM, said:

There are several reasons why we might remove a topic, such as if it's a spam advertisement or contains offensive material.

If you have a query about a specific thread removal PM me the details and i can take a look for you.

Thank you Saru, I believe it was something you mentioned although, I doubt it was true spam. It smelled funny to me too. I was just curious, I didn't expect it to disappear but it seems like a good practice.

Hatch.

#4    Knight Of Shadows

Knight Of Shadows

Shadow Dancer

• 5,251 posts

• Rest In Peace A.B

Posted 03 April 2012 - 09:17 PM

woudn't be better if a mod removed post or topic to notify the member about the reason
so the member can avoid the same thing again ?

by the name of Allah the Gracious the Merciful
Say, "I seek refuge in the Lord of daybreak From the evil of that which He created
And from the evil of darkness when it settles And from the evil of the blowers in knots
And from the evil of an envier when he envies"
truthful was Allah The Most High And Great

#5    Saru

Saru

Site Webmaster

• 20,078 posts

• "The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious." - Albert Einstein

Posted 03 April 2012 - 11:01 PM

Yes, however Hatch isn't the OP of the thread in question so she wouldn't have been privy to that.

#6    Leah G.

Leah G.

Poltergeist

• 2,966 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 02:47 AM

Oh no, not me, I'd never take the chance of getting booted from this forum, I love it here!!! But if I see something smelly, I'll say so, not necessary to the mods because I don't want to get anyone in trouble unduly and I'm no one's judge but on the topic, yes, I'll say something. Oh my, what a run on sentence..... Anyway, thanks for the info....

Gracie Hatchet.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users