Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * - - - 1 votes

Did dinosaurs live in the water ?

• Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

#31    sasquatchturd

sasquatchturd

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 2 posts

• Dont Mention The Giant Bats Surrounding us. He Will see them soon enough

Posted 04 April 2012 - 01:24 AM

this is ridiculous

#32    3.0

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 132 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 01:29 AM

I just saw a elephant and a rhinoceros swim bye!  ;)

#33    DieChecker

DieChecker

I'm a Rogue Scholar

• 20,408 posts

• Hey, I'm not wrong. I'm just not completely right.

Posted 04 April 2012 - 04:21 AM

Saru, on 03 April 2012 - 08:45 AM, said:

A startling new theory suggests that dinosaurs were simply too big and cumbersome to live on land.
Perhaps was this theory put out on April first? Seems too stupid and naive to be a real professionally developed idea.

Arbitran, on 03 April 2012 - 10:25 AM, said:

The most absurd theory of paleontology I've heard in recent years. What will they dream up next? That sauropods walked with their legs sprawled like a lizard? Oh, yes... They debunked that a century ago as well.
I'm in the position of agreeing with Arbitran... Someone help me!

Here at Intel we make processors on 12 inch wafers. And, the individual processors on the wafers are called die. And, I am employed to check these die. That is why I am the DieChecker.

At times one remains faithful to a cause only because its opponents do not cease to be insipid. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Qualifications? This is cryptozoology, dammit! All that is required is the spirit of adventure. - Night Walker

#34    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 33,948 posts

• If you stop to think, Remember to start again

Posted 04 April 2012 - 07:32 AM

DieChecker, on 04 April 2012 - 04:21 AM, said:

Perhaps was this theory put out on April first? Seems too stupid and naive to be a real professionally developed idea.

I'm in the position of agreeing with Arbitran... Someone help me!

Hrrmzz I wondered the same thing. Apparently not. April 3rd the article states. Maybe the announcement was on the 1st and he forgot to tell people?

I wish I could help you, but we all seem to be in the same boat on this one. Professor Ford does not say what sort of Dinosaur either. I have mentioned in other threads that a Sauropod in the Congo is not possible due to the foot structure, and that Sauropods have arranged digits as opposed to a metacarpal spread. I wonder what his answer to that might be? They floated?

Things are what they are. - Me Reality can't be debunked. That's the beauty of it. - Capeo If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants. - Sir Isaac Newton Let me repeat the lesson learned from the Sturrock scientific review panel: Pack up your old data and forget it. Ufology needs new data, new cases, new rigorous and scientific methodologies if it hopes ever to get out of its pit. - Ed Stewart Youtube is the last refuge of the ignorant and is more often used for disinformation than genuine research.  There is a REASON for PEER REVIEW... - Chrlzs Nothing is inexplicable, just unexplained. - Dr Who

#35    spud the mackem

spud the mackem

Spud the Mackem

• 3,878 posts

• man who ask for nothing shall never be disappointed

Posted 04 April 2012 - 08:12 AM

gentai, on 03 April 2012 - 11:22 PM, said:

sorry spud. i shouldve said they dont do shallows often. unless theres temperature problems. then they will hang out in the beach water. some dinos did appear to have shark weapons. big heavy size, big teeth, big claws, big horns and large numbers.

Hi Gentai,Thanks for coming back,I sort of got very interested in sharks after I found myself in the water with one,a long time ago..and have not been in the sea since,not even paddling,people dont realise that on the surface swimming ,you cant see whats within 20 yards of you under the surface,but a shark or barracuda can sense your vibrations from a long way off,and if they are hungry,you become dinner.(I used up one of my 9 lives that day).ha ha ..

(1) try your best, ............if that dont work.
(2) try your second best, ........if that dont work
(3) give up you aint gonna win

#36    gentai

gentai

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 191 posts

• life is evolution. love is acceptance. god is consciousness.

Posted 04 April 2012 - 12:43 PM

i have been to afraid to beach swim anymore for those same reasons.

#37    OverSword

OverSword

Forum Divinity

• 14,445 posts

• I love chocolate

Posted 04 April 2012 - 02:29 PM

I prefer the expanding earth theory.

If this were the case then possibly the gravity of the planet would have been less when the planet was smaller making larger life forms viable.

#38    Gaden

Gaden

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,049 posts

• simple but not simple minded

Posted 04 April 2012 - 05:31 PM

OverSword, on 04 April 2012 - 02:29 PM, said:

If this were the case then possibly the gravity of the planet would have been less when the planet was smaller making larger life forms viable.

Rediculous, I am so sick of these kinds of people. I don't suppopse erosion of the coastline of the land masses would explain anything.
So. I guess a comic book writer has more credibility than the thousands of geologists who make this kind of thing their life's work?
The earth is creating mass in it's core... yeah, right.

Edited by Gaden, 04 April 2012 - 06:27 PM.

I'm trying to see things from your point of view, I just can't get my head that far up my butt

#39    lightly

lightly

metaphysical therapist

• 6,305 posts

• "The future ain't what it used to be"
    Yogi Berra

Posted 04 April 2012 - 06:15 PM

DieChecker, on 04 April 2012 - 04:21 AM, said:

:lol:    .. that reminds me !  i was going to post a new "DISCOVERY" on April 1st.
.. but i forgot :huh:    ... now i'll have to wait a year!

Anyway...  sure,  some dinosaurs lived in the water...  some lived on land ,  and some did both, as there were amphibious dinosaurs too.

Important:  The above may contain errors, inaccuracies, omissions, and other limitations.

#40    SameerPrehistorica

SameerPrehistorica

Paranormal Investigator

• Closed
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 785 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 03:50 AM

May be some dinosaurs lived in water, not all.And they can't completely live in water.Like hippo they have to come to land.

#41    Taun

Taun

A dashing moose about town...

• 6,406 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 04:46 PM

OverSword, on 04 April 2012 - 02:29 PM, said:

So... um... If the Earth were smaller... and all the landmasses touched.. and there were no seas only shallow lakes...  Where did all the danged water come from?...

Edited by Taun, 06 April 2012 - 04:46 PM.

#42    Arbitran

Arbitran

Post-Singularitan Hyperturing Synthetic Intelligence

• 2,767 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 12:13 AM

Taun, on 06 April 2012 - 04:46 PM, said:

So... um... If the Earth were smaller... and all the landmasses touched.. and there were no seas only shallow lakes...  Where did all the danged water come from?...

Um... perhaps you should study plate tectonics, continental drift, and the physics of the movement of water. That's a start...

Try to realize it's all within yourself / No-one else can make you change / And to see you're really only very small / And life flows on within you and without you. / We were talking about the love that's gone so cold and the people / Who gain the world and lose their soul / They don't know they can't see are you one of them? / When you've seen beyond yourself then you may find peace of mind / Is waiting there / And the time will come / when you see we're all one and life flows on within you and without you. ~ George Harrison

#43    Kopernicus

Kopernicus

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 01:52 AM

The Earth's surface gravity was lower during the reign of the dinosaurs but not due to Earth Expansion. To understand how surface gravity has fluctuated in strength go to www.dinoextinct.com and click on 'The Gravity Theory of Mass Extinction' to a view a PDF summary of the theory.

#44    einfopedia

einfopedia

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 27 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 07:59 AM

its depend on the research so that i don't think so that they are live in a water...because its a different mammals.

#45    angi chiesa

angi chiesa

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 273 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 09:13 AM

Sure they spent most of their time bouyed up by water. I was taught this at school 50years ago.. WOW some new theory.Lots of green food in water,good place to be if they are big eaters

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users