Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

All aliens look like humans?

• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

#1    Magicjax

Magicjax

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 556 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 07:22 PM

I was browsing around on line. I stumbled upon images of various life forms on earth. Here are just a few of them.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

It seems strange to me that with so much variety in life forms most people only picture aliens to look similar to humans or insects.

Just a thought to ponder.

Edited by Magicjax, 03 April 2012 - 07:24 PM.

Man in suit!

Posted Image

#2    Yes_Man

Yes_Man

hi

• 7,586 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 07:37 PM

They are still the same.

#3    Colonel Rhubarb

Colonel Rhubarb

Scrupulously Polite

• 22,235 posts

• Vampires are people too.

Posted 03 April 2012 - 07:42 PM

An obvious answer might be that single-celled organisms or small sea creatures would probably be unlikely to develop technological civilisations that would enable them to construct interstellar spacecraft. Therefore, you might expect the higher forms of life (in terms of evolution, at least) to be the ones that would be most likely to visit another planet, if that was indeed at all likely.

Life is a hideous business, and from the background behind what we know of it peer daemoniacal hints of truth which make it sometimes a thousandfold more hideous.

H. P. Lovecraft.

Posted Image

#4    Sir Wearer of Hats

Sir Wearer of Hats

Knight of Sarcasm

• 8,743 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 09:12 PM

IIRC the argument is - "predators need to adapt more quickly to survive, therefore they're more likely to become the apex creature, and therefore develop intelligence at a faster rate. Predators on the whole have binocular vision(forward facing eyes). They have aparatus for sensing smell and sound all centrally located near the eyes and mouth. A mouth on a neck means you can position your body securely on land but get into a kill and to move the head without moving the body means you can be a better stalker. Being bipedal means you can dedicate some of your paws to other uses such as making and carrying tools"

Any bipedal creature with manipulative extremities and sensory input features on a head are going to look humanish because we have hands and a head with eyes, ears and noses.

#5    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 28,243 posts

• If you stop to think, Remember to start again

Posted 04 April 2012 - 12:21 AM

View PostMagicjax, on 03 April 2012 - 07:22 PM, said:

I was browsing around on line. I stumbled upon images of various life forms on earth. Here are just a few of them.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

It seems strange to me that with so much variety in life forms most people only picture aliens to look similar to humans or insects.

How do you feel one of those creatures would kick of an Industrial revolution?

Things are what they are. - Me Reality can't be debunked. That's the beauty of it. - Capeo 'If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants.' - Sir Isaac Newton. "Let me repeat the lesson learned from the Sturrock scientific review panel: Pack up your old data and forget it. Ufology needs new data, new cases, new rigorous and scientific methodologies if it hopes ever to get out of its pit." Ed Stewart. Youtube is the last refuge of the ignorant and is more often used for disinformation than genuine research.  There is a REASON for PEER REVIEW... - Chrlzs. Nothing is inexplicable, just unexplained. - Sir Wearer of Hats.

#6    DONTEATUS

DONTEATUS

Forum Divinity

• 16,153 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 01:45 AM

View Postpsyche101, on 04 April 2012 - 12:21 AM, said:

How do you feel one of those creatures would kick of an Industrial revolution?
YOu know its  actually possible were just too busy to look ,or was it Were too broke to pay to Look ? :innocent:

This is a Work in Progress!

#7    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 28,243 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 03:14 AM

View PostDONTEATUS, on 04 April 2012 - 01:45 AM, said:

YOu know its  actually possible were just too busy to look ,or was it Were too broke to pay to Look ? :innocent:

Hi Big D

I can't see one of these things even making a decent BBQ though, can you? They have no way to smelt metals and manipulate objects. I think they are adapted to suit their environment where as we adapt our environment to suit us.

Things are what they are. - Me Reality can't be debunked. That's the beauty of it. - Capeo 'If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants.' - Sir Isaac Newton. "Let me repeat the lesson learned from the Sturrock scientific review panel: Pack up your old data and forget it. Ufology needs new data, new cases, new rigorous and scientific methodologies if it hopes ever to get out of its pit." Ed Stewart. Youtube is the last refuge of the ignorant and is more often used for disinformation than genuine research.  There is a REASON for PEER REVIEW... - Chrlzs. Nothing is inexplicable, just unexplained. - Sir Wearer of Hats.

#8    DONTEATUS

DONTEATUS

Forum Divinity

• 16,153 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 03:19 AM

View Postpsyche101, on 04 April 2012 - 03:14 AM, said:

Hi Big D

I can't see one of these things even making a decent BBQ though, can you? They have no way to smelt metals and manipulate objects. I think they are adapted to suit their environment where as we adapt our environment to suit us.
Maybe we just cant see the subatomic B.B.Q grill on one of the planets orbiting inside of one of the electrons that make up one of those creatures ? OR was that MIB movie I was watching just a movie ? LoL.
One thing is for sure ! I think the Aliens were flying all thru Texas today !  I seent-em ! :innocent:

Attached Files

This is a Work in Progress!

#9    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 28,243 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 03:36 AM

View PostDONTEATUS, on 04 April 2012 - 03:19 AM, said:

Maybe we just cant see the subatomic B.B.Q grill on one of the planets orbiting inside of one of the electrons that make up one of those creatures ? OR was that MIB movie I was watching just a movie ? LoL.
One thing is for sure ! I think the Aliens were flying all thru Texas today !  I seent-em ! :innocent:

I reckon they just stick around volcanic vents and cook up prawns! Why move from that, it's a perfect life!

That is AWESOME and even that is an understatement. I love the Shuttle car! Is that where you and MID parked it when Sally let you take it for a spin? You gotta lay of the He3!

#10    booNyzarC

booNyzarC

Forum Divinity

• Closed
  • 13,536 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 03:43 AM

There may be a wide range of different alien species, but they all look the same to me. :alien:

#11    DBunker

DBunker

Government Agent

• 3,469 posts

• I prefer to know, not just to believe.

Posted 04 April 2012 - 06:40 AM

View PostbooNyzarC, on 04 April 2012 - 03:43 AM, said:

There may be a wide range of different alien species, but they all look the same to me. :alien:

:yes:

S P E C I E S : These are the most common species normally encountered.

http://www.ufos-alie...smicspecies.htm

Now that communications technology has made it possible to give global reach to the bizarre and archive it forever, it is essential for men and women of reason resolutely to counter the delusions of the fringe element. James S. Robbins

#12    Karyotype

Karyotype

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 100 posts

• No Good Deed Goes Unpunished!

Posted 05 April 2012 - 02:20 AM

If there really are aliens, perhaps we are the aliens and that would be why they resemble us.
just a thought

"Democracy is two wolves deciding what to eat for dinner.  Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote."
-Thomas Jefferson-

#13    Rlyeh

Rlyeh

Non-Corporeal Being

• 8,069 posts

• Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Posted 05 April 2012 - 06:12 AM

View PostDBunker, on 04 April 2012 - 06:40 AM, said:

:yes:

S P E C I E S : These are the most common species normally encountered.

http://www.ufos-alie...smicspecies.htm
Those coyotes with mange have the ability to fly now?

#14    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 28,243 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 06:37 AM

View PostRlyeh, on 05 April 2012 - 06:12 AM, said:

Those coyotes with mange have the ability to fly now?

Posted Image

:D

#15    Paxus

Paxus

Poltergeist

• 2,689 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 07:57 AM

View PostMagicjax, on 03 April 2012 - 07:22 PM, said:

In a sci-fi movie, i don't remember which one now, it was suggested that many races look the same because like a rain drop is the most efficient form for falling water to assume, this humanoid shape is likewise, the most efficient one to form....
*shrugs*

i don't really agree.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users