Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * - - - 1 votes

UFO Encounter Revealed After Almost 40 Years

• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

#1    1963

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,097 posts

• When the day is through,and the nightsky shades the blue,and the swallows cease to sing as they fly!.......

Posted 04 April 2012 - 12:40 AM

UFO Encounter Revealed After Almost 40 Years By Ex-Military Pilot:
Hi all!

I just thought that I would share this interesting article from the Huffington Post about distinguished and decorated Vietnam Veteran Squadron Capt. Larry Jividen and his UFO encounter in 1975.
...and before anyone cries "only anecdotal"..let me say that "I know it is", but it is the kind of mighty interesting and reasonably compelling recounting of a eminently respectable witness that tends to grab my attention!
There's also a couple of decent video clips in the link..the first one features a couple of pilot close encounters with UFOs, and the second one is one that has the NASA scientist Richard Haines describing a pilot encounter with a spectacular triangular UFO whilst on route from southern Florida to north Carolina....

http://www.huffingto..._n_1396078.html

Cheers.
GORT...KLAATU BARADA NIKTO.

When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth.

#2    keninsc

keninsc

Poltergeist

• Validating
  • 3,234 posts

• The problem with people who have no vices is that generally you can be pretty sure they're going to have some pretty annoying virtues. Liz Taylor

Posted 04 April 2012 - 01:26 AM

View Post1963, on 04 April 2012 - 12:40 AM, said:

UFO Encounter Revealed After Almost 40 Years By Ex-Military Pilot:
Hi all!

I just thought that I would share this interesting article from the Huffington Post about distinguished and decorated Vietnam Veteran Squadron Capt. Larry Jividen and his UFO encounter in 1975.
...and before anyone cries "only anecdotal"..let me say that "I know it is", but it is the kind of mighty interesting and reasonably compelling recounting of a eminently respectable witness that tends to grab my attention!
There's also a couple of decent video clips in the link..the first one features a couple of pilot close encounters with UFOs, and the second one is one that has the NASA scientist Richard Haines describing a pilot encounter with a spectacular triangular UFO whilst on route from southern Florida to north Carolina....

http://www.huffingto..._n_1396078.html

Cheers.
GORT...KLAATU BARADA NIKTO.
There are a lot of very credible pilots who've been reporting UFO's since before WWII. Interestingly, the German pilot who saw them thought the Allies had a new super weapon and Allied pilots reported the same thing. This carried over into the ensuing cold war and we still today have these things being reported. I can't say what they are exactly but I don't think the belief in alien visitors holds a great deal of water either. My pet theory is maybe they're some natural manifestation related to the Earth's coronal energy, but I could be wrong.

#3    Simbi Laveau

Simbi Laveau

Overlord A. Snuffleupagus

• 8,266 posts

• ~So what's all this then ?!

Posted 04 April 2012 - 02:08 AM

Thank you .Interesting stuff .

Miss me?

#4    ohio state buckeyes

ohio state buckeyes

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,563 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 02:57 AM

I think the bigger story is that there are pilots that view UFOs ( whatever they are ) as a threat to their aircraft   but fear coming forward.

#5    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 30,853 posts

• If you stop to think, Remember to start again

Posted 04 April 2012 - 06:54 AM

View Postohio state buckeyes, on 04 April 2012 - 02:57 AM, said:

I think the bigger story is that there are pilots that view UFOs ( whatever they are ) as a threat to their aircraft   but fear coming forward.

They can only fear their own tales. Pilots do not get reprimanded for reporting UFO's.

Reminds me of Skyeagle and his sighting in Vietnam. I have PM'd him and asked him if he would like to have a look at the article and perhaps comment. His sighting was geographically and timed close to this one from memory. (6 years earlier?) Interesting read. Thanks for the link.

Edited by psyche101, 04 April 2012 - 07:09 AM.

Things are what they are. - Me Reality can't be debunked. That's the beauty of it. - Capeo 'If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants.' - Sir Isaac Newton. "Let me repeat the lesson learned from the Sturrock scientific review panel: Pack up your old data and forget it. Ufology needs new data, new cases, new rigorous and scientific methodologies if it hopes ever to get out of its pit." Ed Stewart. Youtube is the last refuge of the ignorant and is more often used for disinformation than genuine research.  There is a REASON for PEER REVIEW... - Chrlzs. Nothing is inexplicable, just unexplained. - Sir Wearer of Hats.

#6    quillius

quillius

52.0839 N, 1.4328 E

• 4,983 posts

• A man should look for what is, and not for what he thinks should be.
    Albert Einstein

Posted 04 April 2012 - 08:59 AM

View Postpsyche101, on 04 April 2012 - 06:54 AM, said:

They can only fear their own tales. Pilots do not get reprimanded for reporting UFO's.

Hey Psyche, maybe they dont get reprimanded, I know we struggle to find evidence of this. However there is a definite 'stigma' attached to any pilot reporting a UFO, their sanity is questioned. I do think this stems from the amount of people (especially historically) that define UFO to be ET.
you only have to look at the comments such as 'UFO's arent real' or 'UFO's do not exist' to understand that this association is far too common.

Reminds me of Skyeagle and his sighting in Vietnam. I have PM'd him and asked him if he would like to have a look at the article and perhaps comment. His sighting was geographically and timed close to this one from memory. (6 years earlier?) Interesting read. Thanks for the link.

I do hope Sky returns ....:)

nice post as usual by the way 1963  :tu:

#7    DBunker

DBunker

Government Agent

• 3,485 posts

• I prefer to know, not just to believe.

Posted 04 April 2012 - 09:03 AM

View Postquillius, on 04 April 2012 - 08:59 AM, said:

He is over at the moonhoax and 911 conspiracy section..... kicking the believers butts these days.

Who would have ever guessed...

Now that communications technology has made it possible to give global reach to the bizarre and archive it forever, it is essential for men and women of reason resolutely to counter the delusions of the fringe element. James S. Robbins

#8    quillius

quillius

52.0839 N, 1.4328 E

• 4,983 posts

• A man should look for what is, and not for what he thinks should be.
    Albert Einstein

Posted 04 April 2012 - 09:11 AM

View PostDBunker, on 04 April 2012 - 09:03 AM, said:

He is over at the moonhoax and 911 conspiracy section..... kicking the believers butts these days.

Who would have ever guessed...

I know I have been following the two main 9-11 threads.....

I dont think its strange at all....he knows 9-11 was a terrorist attack so defends the government....and he knows the government has information on ET so he attacks the government...  :alien:

If we were to have one of the 'main' debunkers of the ETH go across and support the CT's on 9-11 ...now that would be shocking :)

Edited by quillius, 04 April 2012 - 09:12 AM.

#9    keninsc

keninsc

Poltergeist

• Validating
  • 3,234 posts

• The problem with people who have no vices is that generally you can be pretty sure they're going to have some pretty annoying virtues. Liz Taylor

Posted 04 April 2012 - 08:47 PM

View Postohio state buckeyes, on 04 April 2012 - 02:57 AM, said:

There use to be a real fear of being grounded or your career coming to a standstill if you reported it. That's not the case any more, they just don't want you talking to the press about it.

#10    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 30,853 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 09:59 PM

Hey Psyche, maybe they dont get reprimanded, I know we struggle to find evidence of this. However there is a definite 'stigma' attached to any pilot reporting a UFO, their sanity is questioned. I do think this stems from the amount of people (especially historically) that define UFO to be ET.
you only have to look at the comments such as 'UFO's arent real' or 'UFO's do not exist' to understand that this association is far too common.

Hi Quillius

I would think that might be related to the tale itself. The wilder the claim and the amount of proof would determine the amount of ridicule. Many also keep saying that scientists do not speak out about ET, but ignore Professor Hawking. As many say UFO's are real as those that say not, and I think these days the majority would be in the positive. Pilots who report ET might get more flak than those that report a UFO I would suspect. Overall, I do wonder just how much truth there is in the legend of pilots fearing to report anomalies and of so, what those circumstance were. The UFO's aren't real comments are mostly quite old opinions. I think most people today realise the UFO phenomena exists, it is just the conclusion these days that is the source of debate.

nice post as usual by the way 1963  :tu:

Well, I asked him so lets see, I personally am interested to see if this has any similarities that might help validate Sky's encounter.

Cheers.

Things are what they are. - Me Reality can't be debunked. That's the beauty of it. - Capeo 'If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants.' - Sir Isaac Newton. "Let me repeat the lesson learned from the Sturrock scientific review panel: Pack up your old data and forget it. Ufology needs new data, new cases, new rigorous and scientific methodologies if it hopes ever to get out of its pit." Ed Stewart. Youtube is the last refuge of the ignorant and is more often used for disinformation than genuine research.  There is a REASON for PEER REVIEW... - Chrlzs. Nothing is inexplicable, just unexplained. - Sir Wearer of Hats.

#11    booNyzarC

booNyzarC

Forum Divinity

• Closed
  • 13,536 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 10:25 PM

View Postquillius, on 04 April 2012 - 09:11 AM, said:

If we were to have one of the 'main' debunkers of the ETH go across and support the CT's on 9-11 ...now that would be shocking :)
I wouldn't hold my breath on that one if I were you... :lol:

#12    Lilly

Lilly

Forum Divinity

• 15,884 posts

• "To thine own self be true" William Shakespeare

Posted 04 April 2012 - 10:53 PM

View Postquillius, on 04 April 2012 - 09:11 AM, said:

...If we were to have one of the 'main' debunkers of the ETH go across and support the CT's on 9-11 ...now that would be shocking :)

The problem with this idea is that those who demand evidence for ET contact are most likely going to demand evidence for the existence of 9/11 conspiracy theory as well.  :yes:

"Ignorance is ignorance. It is a state of mind, not an opinion." ~MID~

"All that live must die, passing through nature into eternity" ~Shakespeare~ Posted Image

#13    DONTEATUS

DONTEATUS

Forum Divinity

• 17,190 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 12:34 AM

Skyeagle  Im almost positive he saw what he described back then. Ive talked to Him in person on this ! And I have been known to Fly an occasionley aircraft and My sighting was in the 80`s Too real still to this day ! I would have to say All people that are at least half awake at the Stick,should not be discounted !
Sky`s an Alright Guy remember He has served our country for many,Many years ! Hats Off Sky ! :tu:

This is a Work in Progress!

#14    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 30,853 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 01:22 AM

View PostDONTEATUS, on 05 April 2012 - 12:34 AM, said:

Skyeagle  Im almost positive he saw what he described back then. Ive talked to Him in person on this ! And I have been known to Fly an occasionley aircraft and My sighting was in the 80`s Too real still to this day ! I would have to say All people that are at least half awake at the Stick,should not be discounted !
Sky`s an Alright Guy remember He has served our country for many,Many years ! Hats Off Sky ! :tu:

Do you think this might sound like his experience at all, or perhaps he even crossed paths with this chap at some point?? It would be nice to know if you can drag him over here to have a look see.

Sky and I have had some heated discussion in the past, and we have both been uncomplimentary to each other due to our passionate stances, but as a person, his turnaround was something we can all look at as a good example to follow. I even received a nice email from him which made me feel bad about how personal some debates got. I would like to not debate this sighting with Sky, but for a change, discuss it. I would normally not have taken such a close look, but it may well bear some similarities to what Sky experienced. As such, the personal touch makes the case all the more intriguing. As you know, I have always been a big fan of collaboration.
And yes, everyone who served for a better life for everybody deserves a hats of. Great people from all ranks and places.

Posted Image

Edited by psyche101, 05 April 2012 - 01:23 AM.

#15    DONTEATUS

DONTEATUS

Forum Divinity

• 17,190 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 02:10 AM

View Postpsyche101, on 05 April 2012 - 01:22 AM, said:

Do you think this might sound like his experience at all, or perhaps he even crossed paths with this chap at some point?? It would be nice to know if you can drag him over here to have a look see.

Sky and I have had some heated discussion in the past, and we have both been uncomplimentary to each other due to our passionate stances, but as a person, his turnaround was something we can all look at as a good example to follow. I even received a nice email from him which made me feel bad about how personal some debates got. I would like to not debate this sighting with Sky, but for a change, discuss it. I would normally not have taken such a close look, but it may well bear some similarities to what Sky experienced. As such, the personal touch makes the case all the more intriguing. As you know, I have always been a big fan of collaboration.
And yes, everyone who served for a better life for everybody deserves a hats of. Great people from all ranks and places.

Posted Image

Love that attitude ! And the Gold Greetings Bot ! Would you believe I have the Game too !

Attached Files

This is a Work in Progress!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users