Jump to content




Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.


* * * * * 1 votes

NHS cutbacks !


  • Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1    itsnotoutthere

itsnotoutthere

    Telekinetic

  • Member
  • 7,137 posts
  • Joined:03 Aug 2006
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Royston Vasey

  • “Life is a whim of several billion cells to be you for a while”

Posted 04 April 2012 - 09:48 AM

Strange, i seem to be told on a regular basis by M.Ps that the NHS needs to save money, er...obviously that's not the case.

NHS boss behind £20bn cuts racks up expenses worth £5,000 a month

The Health Service chief who has ordered hospitals and trusts to save £20billion is blowing more than £5,000 a month on taxpayer-funded expenses.

Sir David Nicholson racked up almost £16,000 in three months on restaurant bills, hotel costs, first-class train tickets and a chauffeur-driven car.

He is receiving this generous travel allowance on top of a £210,000 a year salary, one of the highest in the public sector.

And already he has accrued a gold-plated pension worth £1.6million that will pay out retirement sums of £100,000 a year.


link :- http://www.dailymail...-000-month.html

“Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies.”
― Groucho Marx

#2    Yes_Man

Yes_Man

    hi

  • Member
  • 8,662 posts
  • Joined:22 Apr 2006
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Portsmouth

Posted 04 April 2012 - 09:59 AM

They get paid way too much and when the small strike happened, one of the nurses was was worried about getting enough money rather than saving someone's life.


#3    Eldorado

Eldorado

    Unforgiven

  • Member
  • 10,722 posts
  • Joined:29 Oct 2008
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Scotland

  • I reckon so.

Posted 04 April 2012 - 10:45 AM

"No question, now, what had happened to the faces of the pigs. The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which."


#4    and then

and then

    Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

  • Member
  • 15,223 posts
  • Joined:15 Dec 2011
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Land's End

  • Because what came before never seems enough...

Posted 04 April 2012 - 11:39 AM

View PostEldorado, on 04 April 2012 - 10:45 AM, said:

"No question, now, what had happened to the faces of the pigs. The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which."

Some animals are just more "equal" than others.   <_<

  We've cast the world, we've set the stage,
  for what could be, the darkest age...
“This is like playing poker with a guy who cheated you twice before. You know who does that, a moron.

#5    smurf0852

smurf0852

    Extraterrestrial Entity

  • Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 484 posts
  • Joined:21 Jan 2010
  • Gender:Male

Posted 05 April 2012 - 10:03 PM

View PostErix, on 04 April 2012 - 09:59 AM, said:

They get paid way too much and when the small strike happened, one of the nurses was was worried about getting enough money rather than saving someone's life.
yes and when care is dictated by ability to pay instead of medical need like the tories want a nurse will be expected to check your wallet before they put on the defibrillator.but that will be ok if you have money wont it.
yes the managers in the nhs are over paid and nursing has went from a vocation to a to posh to wash graduate job but does anyone seriously want to scrap the nhs so rich people live and workers die because they cant afford treatment. seriously i thought this victorian snobbish stupidity was long gone from british society .i was obviously wrong.


#6    Still Waters

Still Waters

    Deeply Mysterious

  • 40,128 posts
  • Joined:01 Jun 2008
  • Gender:Female

  • Sometimes it's better to keep the mystery unexplained.

Posted 08 April 2012 - 03:52 PM

I'm thankful we have the NHS in this country. Imagine what we'd have to pay for without it! I don't think we do that bad compared to countries like the US where they have to pay for every kind of medical treatment, including even Dr's appointments (I think). Private dentist fees are bad enough here.

Posted Image

#7    Mr Right Wing

Mr Right Wing

    Poltergeist

  • Banned
  • 2,924 posts
  • Joined:16 Nov 2011
  • Gender:Not Selected

Posted 08 April 2012 - 09:05 PM

View Postitsnotoutthere, on 04 April 2012 - 09:48 AM, said:

Strange, i seem to be told on a regular basis by M.Ps that the NHS needs to save money, er...obviously that's not the case.

NHS boss behind £20bn cuts racks up expenses worth £5,000 a month

The Health Service chief who has ordered hospitals and trusts to save £20billion is blowing more than £5,000 a month on taxpayer-funded expenses.

Sir David Nicholson racked up almost £16,000 in three months on restaurant bills, hotel costs, first-class train tickets and a chauffeur-driven car.

He is receiving this generous travel allowance on top of a £210,000 a year salary, one of the highest in the public sector.

And already he has accrued a gold-plated pension worth £1.6million that will pay out retirement sums of £100,000 a year.


link :- http://www.dailymail...-000-month.html

Uk Socialst Budget Spending -

Personal Social Services - £29bn
Public Order and Safety - £36bn
Education - £88bn
Health - £119bn
Soical Protection - £190bn
Total - £462bn

If the Socialism was stripped out, we executed everyone in prison and kicked dumb kids out of school at 12 then I recon that could be reduced to £20bn. Imagine no income tax, no VAT on fuel and low corporation tax to start an economic miracle.

Source - http://en.wikipedia...._Kingdom_budget

Edited by Mr Right Wing, 08 April 2012 - 09:10 PM.


#8    and then

and then

    Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

  • Member
  • 15,223 posts
  • Joined:15 Dec 2011
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Land's End

  • Because what came before never seems enough...

Posted 08 April 2012 - 10:08 PM

View PostMr Right Wing, on 08 April 2012 - 09:05 PM, said:

Uk Socialst Budget Spending -

Personal Social Services - £29bn
Public Order and Safety - £36bn
Education - £88bn
Health - £119bn
Soical Protection - £190bn
Total - £462bn

If the Socialism was stripped out, we executed everyone in prison and kicked dumb kids out of school at 12 then I recon that could be reduced to £20bn. Imagine no income tax, no VAT on fuel and low corporation tax to start an economic miracle.

Source - http://en.wikipedia...._Kingdom_budget

It sounds a lovely solution for a totalitarian hell.  Free people just can't live that way and remain free.  Waste and stupidity have to be tackled but killing everyone in prison amounts to a worse situation than paying excessive taxes.  What good is it to have a pocket full of money but no soul?

  We've cast the world, we've set the stage,
  for what could be, the darkest age...
“This is like playing poker with a guy who cheated you twice before. You know who does that, a moron.

#9    Mr Right Wing

Mr Right Wing

    Poltergeist

  • Banned
  • 2,924 posts
  • Joined:16 Nov 2011
  • Gender:Not Selected

Posted 08 April 2012 - 10:43 PM

View Postand then, on 08 April 2012 - 10:08 PM, said:

It sounds a lovely solution for a totalitarian hell.  Free people just can't live that way and remain free.  Waste and stupidity have to be tackled but killing everyone in prison amounts to a worse situation than paying excessive taxes.  What good is it to have a pocket full of money but no soul?

99% of those in prison have no soul.

Do you even know what totalitarianism is because your reply says you dont. Totalitarianism is left wing extremism where the Government owns, regulates and controls every aspect of the state. Its Socialism gone too far and a perfect example is North Korea.

I am propsing exactly the opposite which is getting rid of socialist burdons on the state to create a Capitalist Utopia. One where I dont have to pay taxes to fund others benefits, comfy prison cells, heart transplants or retirement pensions. If individuals want these things then they should take out private insurance. The savings from these expensive acts of socialism can then be reduced off everybodies taxes.

I also have no sympathy for any criminal. Throw them to the dogs the scumbags.

Edited by Mr Right Wing, 08 April 2012 - 10:43 PM.


#10    smurf0852

smurf0852

    Extraterrestrial Entity

  • Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 484 posts
  • Joined:21 Jan 2010
  • Gender:Male

Posted 09 April 2012 - 06:15 PM

View PostMr Right Wing, on 08 April 2012 - 09:05 PM, said:

Uk Socialst Budget Spending -

Personal Social Services - £29bn
Public Order and Safety - £36bn
Education - £88bn
Health - £119bn
Soical Protection - £190bn
Total - £462bn

If the Socialism was stripped out, we executed everyone in prison and kicked dumb kids out of school at 12 then I recon that could be reduced to £20bn. Imagine no income tax, no VAT on fuel and low corporation tax to start an economic miracle.

Source - http://en.wikipedia...._Kingdom_budget
you really never stop suprising me with the utter drivel you spout.this is almost as idiotic as your lets nuke people we dont like crap.i could go on about this post but i really cant be botherd to take the time over an idividual so obviously in need of mental health support.
what i would really like to do is go to a really rough area near where i live to hand out copies of the stuff you write then deliver you to said area and stand back and watch what happend.





0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users