Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * - - - 1 votes

The teacher who took six years off on full

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1    itsnotoutthere

itsnotoutthere

Telekinetic

• 7,170 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 09:58 AM

A Teacher who lied about an accident at work and took six years off sick on full pay has been lambasted by an employment judge.

Anna Yerrakalva, who had brought an unfair dismissal claim in 2010, yesterday won the case on a technicality but was told she would receive no compensation because of her lies.

However, the case has cost taxpayers  around 300,000.
Mrs Yerrakalva, a widow and mother of two, went off sick after her alleged accident in November 2003.

An investigation by Dearne Carrfield Primary School in Bolton-on-Dearne, South Yorkshire, concluded the accident never happened. She briefly returned to work there, only to be struck by a bus in June 2004, and has never worked since.

She was on full pay of about 30,000 a year until she was suspended in 2009 and was finally sacked the following January for gross misconduct.

link :- http://www.dailymail...rs-300-000.html

God, only in the public sector. These people wouldn't last a week in the real world. A lot of these public sector 'workers' (soon to be ex workers) must be sh***ing themselves at the thought of doing a real job.

“Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies.”
― Groucho Marx

#2    Paracelse

Paracelse

Government Agent

• 4,074 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 10:52 AM

So what next, she's gonna collect unemployment?

Those who would sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither Benjamin Franklin
République No.6
It's time for a sixth republic.

#3    itsnotoutthere

itsnotoutthere

Telekinetic

• 7,170 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 11:17 AM

View PostParacelse, on 04 April 2012 - 10:52 AM, said:

So what next, she's gonna collect unemployment?

And disability benefit.
After working & paying income tax & national insurance since i was 17 (33 years), last year (because my boss had a severe stroke) i was made unemployed for a period of 10 weeks (no redundancy money by the way) in that period i received the grand total from 'the state' of
£38.00  The day after receiving that amount i had a nice letter from the 'benefits' office informing me that i would be taxed on that amount. Unfortunately i didn't know how to 'work the system' unlike some.

p.s. can anybody think of a private company that would (or could afford to) give an employee six years off work on full pay?
But hey, the good ol' tax payer is picking up the bill, so why worry right?

Edited by itsnotoutthere, 04 April 2012 - 11:36 AM.

“Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies.”
― Groucho Marx

#4    itsnotoutthere

itsnotoutthere

Telekinetic

• 7,170 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 11:46 AM

p.p.s.

576017-System__Resources__Big_Image-638218.gif

Is it any wonder people are hanging from underneath lorries to get into this country.

Edited by itsnotoutthere, 04 April 2012 - 11:48 AM.

― Groucho Marx

#5    Paracelse

Paracelse

Government Agent

• 4,074 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 12:22 PM

View Postitsnotoutthere, on 04 April 2012 - 11:17 AM, said:

And disability benefit.
After working & paying income tax & national insurance since i was 17 (33 years), last year (because my boss had a severe stroke) i was made unemployed for a period of 10 weeks (no redundancy money by the way) in that period i received the grand total from 'the state' of
38.00  The day after receiving that amount i had a nice letter from the 'benefits' office informing me that i would be taxed on that amount. Unfortunately i didn't know how to 'work the system' unlike some.

p.s. can anybody think of a private company that would (or could afford to) give an employee six years off work on full pay?
But hey, the good ol' tax payer is picking up the bill, so why worry right?
Have you read my blog?

Those who would sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither Benjamin Franklin
République No.6

#6    itsnotoutthere

itsnotoutthere

Telekinetic

• 7,170 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 01:05 PM

View PostParacelse, on 04 April 2012 - 12:22 PM, said:

Have you read my blog?

Yes, very interesting. Seems that in both countries whatever you have paid into the system counts for nothing when you yourself need help. Never mind, perhaps i'll get lucky & be reincarnated as a black, one legged, single parent, lesbian muslim & never have to work again.

― Groucho Marx

#7    Paracelse

Paracelse

Government Agent

• 4,074 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 05:59 PM

View Postitsnotoutthere, on 04 April 2012 - 01:05 PM, said:

Yes, very interesting. Seems that in both countries whatever you have paid into the system counts for nothing when you yourself need help. Never mind, perhaps i'll get lucky & be reincarnated as a black, one legged, single parent, lesbian muslim & never have to work again.
Thanks but no thanks I still have some pride.

République No.6

#8    DieChecker

DieChecker

I'm a Rogue Scholar

• 23,867 posts

• Hey, I'm not wrong. I'm just not completely right.

Posted 04 April 2012 - 07:50 PM

View Postitsnotoutthere, on 04 April 2012 - 11:46 AM, said:

p.p.s.

Attachment 576017-System__Resources__Big_Image-638218.gif

Is it any wonder people are hanging from underneath lorries to get into this country.
Does it count as a welfare State before the free money reaches 50%?  :devil:

If I was a European and wanted to collect welfare, I'd probably establish residency in like 4 or 5 countries, since you probably don't even have to be a citizen to collect the welfare, just proove residency.

Here at Intel we make processors on 12 inch wafers. And, the individual processors on the wafers are called die. And, I am employed to check these die. That is why I am the DieChecker.

At times one remains faithful to a cause only because its opponents do not cease to be insipid. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Qualifications? This is cryptozoology, dammit! All that is required is the spirit of adventure. - Night Walker

#9    Paracelse

Paracelse

Government Agent

• 4,074 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 08:24 PM

View PostDieChecker, on 04 April 2012 - 07:50 PM, said:

Does it count as a welfare State before the free money reaches 50%?  :devil:

If I was a European and wanted to collect welfare, I'd probably establish residency in like 4 or 5 countries, since you probably don't even have to be a citizen to collect the welfare, just proove residency.
Dude technically EU is broke so tell me where I should go.  PS I'm a man and I'm white two key points against me getting anything.

République No.6

#10    skookum

skookum

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,800 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 09:07 PM

Typical Civil service.  One rule, pay scale, pension and working rights for them.  Another for the rest of the country.

Posted Image

#11    Eldorado

Eldorado

Unforgiven

• 11,911 posts

• I reckon so.

Posted 05 April 2012 - 12:39 PM

View Postskookum, on 04 April 2012 - 09:07 PM, said:

Typical Civil service.  One rule, pay scale, pension and working rights for them.  Another for the rest of the country.

Remember this?

Police spend £3million on tea and biscuits!
http://www.dailymail...a-biscuits.html

From the above article...
"A police insider said: 'It just goes to show how hard officers are working to try to reduce crime rates."

lol

Edited by Eldorado, 05 April 2012 - 12:55 PM.

#12    Paracelse

Paracelse

Government Agent

• 4,074 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 12:48 PM

View PostEldorado, on 05 April 2012 - 12:39 PM, said:

Remember this?

Police spend 3million on tea and biscuits!
http://www.telegraph...d-biscuits.html

Sorry Eld you link doesn't work or at least I can't reach it

République No.6

#13    Eldorado

Eldorado

Unforgiven

• 11,911 posts

• I reckon so.

Posted 05 April 2012 - 12:53 PM

View PostParacelse, on 05 April 2012 - 12:48 PM, said:

Sorry Eld you link doesn't work or at least I can't reach it

Thanks, Paracelse.  I've sorted it now, I hope. :)

#14    Paracelse

Paracelse

Government Agent

• 4,074 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 02:50 PM

View PostEldorado, on 05 April 2012 - 12:53 PM, said:

Thanks, Paracelse.  I've sorted it now, I hope. :)
Fascinating numbers, at least US cops buy their own donuts :P  Unfortunately there are no numbers on French spending in the police force but I know for a fact in the town I live in now if one would commit a crime he would only to wait 10:30 am when the on duty cops use the patrol car to get the fresh bread at the bakery for the entire compound.

République No.6

#15    Child of Bast

Child of Bast

Queen of the UM Asylum

• 6,157 posts

• The Mad Hatter: "Have I gone mad?"
    Alice: "I'm afraid so. You're entirely bonkers.But I'll tell you a secret: all the best people are."

Posted 05 April 2012 - 04:05 PM

View Postitsnotoutthere, on 04 April 2012 - 01:05 PM, said:

Really? It's a shame that I'm a hard working lesbian. I guess the combination has to be everything that offends you in order to get out of work.

No great mind has ever existed without a touch of madness. ~ Aristotle

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users