Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * - - 2 votes

Girl's obsession to look like 'living doll'

• Please log in to reply
52 replies to this topic

#31    Eldorado

Eldorado

Unforgiven

• 10,505 posts

• I reckon so.

Posted 05 April 2012 - 07:52 PM

Remember those "cabbage-patch dolls"?  My neighbours daughter looks like that.  Unintentionally, I hope.

Hope the girl in the OP has good luck finding her action-man.

#32    Andami

Andami

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 283 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 01:40 AM

View PostPurplos, on 05 April 2012 - 01:56 PM, said:

This isn't that new or unique even. Japanese school-girls all lolita'd up have been around for years. (And of course other nationalities too, I just see a lot of pics of them from Japan.) This really isn't that different.
Pretty much this, and I don't see anything wrong with this style either. It's no different from any other "style."

#33    Jester Harlot

Jester Harlot

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 606 posts

• "The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and science."
    ALBERT EINSTEIN

Posted 06 April 2012 - 11:04 AM

AWW! I think she is so cute!

#34    Its Mii

Its Mii

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 679 posts

• I'm not like them,
    but I can pretend.
    The sun is gone,
    but I have a light .
    The day is done,
    but I'm having fun.

Posted 06 April 2012 - 12:29 PM

A little creepy but whatever she could be doing a lot worse with her time. It's good for her that there's a career she can put her passion into.... she's young she can start now and go into movie make-up one day. That would me an awesome job!

Don't mistake coincidance for fate.

#35    Winter Summer

Winter Summer

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 191 posts

• You're not where you left yourself.

Posted 07 April 2012 - 01:00 AM

OMG!  She's 15 and she's living as a 5 year old.

Silence often says much more
Than trying to say what's been said before.

#36    and then

and then

Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

• 13,973 posts

• Because what came before never seems enough...

Posted 07 April 2012 - 01:56 AM

View PostEldorado, on 05 April 2012 - 07:52 PM, said:

Remember those "cabbage-patch dolls"?  My neighbours daughter looks like that.  Unintentionally, I hope.

Hope the girl in the OP has good luck finding her action-man.
"Ball Jointed" no less   :w00t:

We've cast the world, we've set the stage,
  for what could be, the darkest age...

#37    Robbie333

Robbie333

"Seek and you shall find"

• 2,790 posts

• Do not stand at my grave and weep
    I am not there; I do not sleep.

Posted 07 April 2012 - 02:45 PM

View PostEldorado, on 05 April 2012 - 12:45 PM, said:

Here's me when I was younger.......

Attachment Mario-Luigi-Cosplay.jpg

LOL, a ladies man even back  then huh? LOL Nice stach.

Robbie James

#38    MissMelsWell

MissMelsWell

Cosmic Baker

• 13,258 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 04:28 PM

View PostMichelle, on 05 April 2012 - 12:00 AM, said:

She isn't following a fad...she's made her own. That is the sign of a true individual.

It is kind of a fad actually. It's born out of the Lolita trend. My daughter has been dressing like this for years, not every day, but for fun and she gets really excited to dress up and go to events like Comicon and Sakuricon(sp). She spends a lot of time making her costumes, hair pieces, working with make-up etc... Some people actually see it as a icky fetish, but after talking seriously to her about it, I realize that in her mind, it's actually quite the opposite. Here's a picture of her dressed like rather gotic babydoll. LOL this was taken before Comicon last weekend  LOL.

1. Shes not blonde, and in fact she has nearly black hair. That's a goofy wig. 2. She imported the dress from Japan (I think she has others that are nicer that she made herself) 3. it's really hard to believe she's almost 25 years old looking at that picture! LOL.

Posted Image

Usually her face is a lot paler than it is in this picture... I think it's bad lighting. She also has natural adorable little freckles that are hard to arfully cover with powder. LOL.

Edited by MissMelsWell, 07 April 2012 - 04:41 PM.

"It's time for the American people to stand up and shrug off the shackles of our government at TSA at the airport"  Ron Paul

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin

#39    Michelle

Michelle

Forum Divinity

• 15,025 posts

• Eleanor Roosevelt: Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.

Posted 07 April 2012 - 04:57 PM

I guess I don't watch enough TV or something, MissMel. I'm familiar with Lolita, but in all of my travels I don't think I've ever seen a living doll walking around and I'm a big people watcher. There was a Comicon convention in town last year and we sat at the brew pub next door watching all of the people. Now that was interesting!

Your daughter is adorable!

#40    willowdreams

willowdreams

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 966 posts

• Never let the facts get in the way of the truth- heard during an episode of 'Lie to Me' by Dr. Cal Lightman

Posted 07 April 2012 - 09:31 PM

better then some *shudders* dress styles.

Bet if she wears pants, at least they will be over her rear end and not showing her undies.

That style some  boys wear just makes me cringe.

Posted Image

#41    willowdreams

willowdreams

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 966 posts

• Never let the facts get in the way of the truth- heard during an episode of 'Lie to Me' by Dr. Cal Lightman

Posted 07 April 2012 - 09:35 PM

View PostMichelle, on 05 April 2012 - 12:00 AM, said:

She isn't following a fad...she's made her own. That is the sign of a true individual.

actually, if she sees anime and such, she herself will know she did not create/make a fad of her own.

in japan for YEARS school girls has been trying to look like living dolls/anime figures. boys too

Posted Image

#42    Michelle

Michelle

Forum Divinity

• 15,025 posts

• Eleanor Roosevelt: Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.

Posted 07 April 2012 - 10:27 PM

View Postwillowdreams, on 07 April 2012 - 09:35 PM, said:

actually, if she sees anime and such, she herself will know she did not create/make a fad of her own.

in japan for YEARS school girls has been trying to look like living dolls/anime figures. boys too

I realize that now. I grew up in the late hippy era, and all of the adults hated it. It's just something I am not accustomed to and haven't seen.

I don't see anything wrong with it.

#43    MissMelsWell

MissMelsWell

Cosmic Baker

• 13,258 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 02:39 AM

View PostMichelle, on 07 April 2012 - 10:27 PM, said:

I realize that now. I grew up in the late hippy era, and all of the adults hated it. It's just something I am not accustomed to and haven't seen.

I don't see anything wrong with it.

As my daughter explained it, it's about innocence and "girly-ish-ness?" mixed with a liberal dose of Neo-Rococo styling. I know that several years ago she wrote a very well spoken article for a gaming magazine about "Lolita" and the wronful sexualization of the fad. I'll ask her where I can find that again, I think it was published in a couple of places but she published it under a pseudonym. I'll see if I can dig that up from her. It's really very interesting.

"It's time for the American people to stand up and shrug off the shackles of our government at TSA at the airport"  Ron Paul

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin

#44    None of the above

None of the above

Psychic Spy

• Closed
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,418 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 09:25 AM

LOL, Japanese kids have been dressing like this for years. It's no different from any other teenage craze.
When I was her age I was a punk! Anyone remember what teenage 'new age romantic' fans in the 80s looked like?
MY best friend in college was a goth, he wore more make-up than she does!
The most shocking thing for me was her voice! I wasn't expecting her to sound like that.

#45    B'Elanna

B'Elanna

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 144 posts

• "We don't know what this drone will turn into.

It will become what we help it to become.

Oh how Starfleet of you. "

Posted 08 April 2012 - 10:12 AM

OMG I couldn't listen to that voice for more than 5 seconds!! She looks like death warmed up!:no:

Posted Image

The Worm: 'Allo'

Sarah: Did you say 'hello'?

The Worm: No I said 'allo', but that's close enough

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users