Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Tornado pic shows ufo

• Please log in to reply
59 replies to this topic

#16    rickyslick

rickyslick

Alien Embryo

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 41 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 03:18 PM

View PostImaginarynumber1, on 05 April 2012 - 11:07 PM, said:

Well it won't shut me up. That's one nice plane you have there.

well offer some evidence/reasons/analysis then how you arrived at your conclusion? Explain pls?  Dont just say its a plane...if it was obviously a plane I wouldn't have posted it.

Edited by rickyslick, 06 April 2012 - 03:22 PM.

#17    rickyslick

rickyslick

Alien Embryo

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 41 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 03:19 PM

View PostImaginarynumber1, on 05 April 2012 - 11:24 PM, said:

Posted Image

who mentioned aliens? Not me thats for sure, its unidentified, until proven otherwise

#18    rickyslick

rickyslick

Alien Embryo

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 41 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 03:20 PM

View PostRealm, on 06 April 2012 - 03:51 AM, said:

If it was unidentified when you took it, it certainly won't magically turn into a flying saucer in these forums.

And if you even bothered to read the OP and the link provided, 'I' did not take the pic, its public domain

#19    Rafterman

Rafterman

Telekinetic

• 7,409 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 03:31 PM

View Postrickyslick, on 06 April 2012 - 03:18 PM, said:

well offer some evidence/reasons/analysis then how you arrived at your conclusion? Explain pls?  Dont just say its a plane...if it was obviously a plane I wouldn't have posted it.

It's obviously a plane to me - you can clearly see the wings and that the sun is hitting it above and from the left side of the aircraft.  Hence why the bottom of the wings is darker than the fuselage.  That's also consistent with the shadows being cast by the two guys and the debris.

Frankly, it looks so much like a plane in the original photo, I don't even understand why anyone would feel the need to blow it up.

Edited by Rafterman, 06 April 2012 - 03:33 PM.

"For me, it is better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring."
                                                                                                                                           - Carl Sagan, The Demon-Haunted World:  Science as a Candle in the Dark

#20    Taun

Taun

A dashing moose about town...

• 7,568 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 03:41 PM

Rickyslick...

Visually examining the photo is the only research that can be done unless the time of the picture (day hour min) is known, and the loctation...

Then the FAA could be queried as well as local TV stations to see what aircraft may have been in the area...

So if you have that info, let us know and someone MIGHT take the time to check it out...

Otherwise... While you are certainly free to think it is 'Unidentified'... To everyone one else, it HAS been identified...

Please think of using Occam's Razor....  "It is a principle urging one to select among competing hypotheses that which makes the fewest assumptions and thereby offers the simplest explanation of the effect."

Or in other words.... The simplist solution is most often the correct solution...

#21    arenee

arenee

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,594 posts

• I wish I was more witty; then this might say something funny.

Posted 06 April 2012 - 05:54 PM

May I pose the idea that a UFO does not mean aliens.  It means UNIDENTIFIED FLYING OBJECT.  Not necessarily a space ship or flying saucer. Nor does it mean aliensor beings from outer space.  Maybe it is a plane but until you know absolutely, technically it's a UFO.  

And for the record, I believe this to be some sort of plane.  I just wanted to clarify.

"A valuable contributor to UM! Always enjoy her clever and often original outlook. - Paxus"

#22    Imaginarynumber1

Imaginarynumber1

I am not an irrational number

• 7,762 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 05:55 PM

View Postrickyslick, on 06 April 2012 - 03:18 PM, said:

Because it looks just like a plane. Seems pretty explanatory to me.

"You do not teach the paths of the forest to an old gorilla."

"It's a little like wrestling a gorilla. You don't quit when you're tired - you quit when the gorilla is tired."

RAPTORS! http://www.unexplain...pic=233151&st=0

#23    Sakari

Sakari

Rob Lester

• 14,442 posts
  • Location:Safford, Arizona...My heart and soul are still on the Oregon Coast.

• Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Posted 06 April 2012 - 06:41 PM

View Postrickyslick, on 06 April 2012 - 03:19 PM, said:

who mentioned aliens? Not me thats for sure, its unidentified, until proven otherwise

Who says it is a UFO?

What if it is falling debris, or something on the camera lens, or a trick of light?

How do you know it is flying?

Personally, I think it is a ship from the future, coming back to look and study tornado's, cuss they don't happen in the future.

Our Wolf's Memorial Page

http://petsupports.com/a04/sakari.htm

#24    arenee

arenee

Psychic Spy

• 1,594 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 06:45 PM

View PostSakari, on 06 April 2012 - 06:41 PM, said:

Who says it is a UFO?

What if it is falling debris, or something on the camera lens, or a trick of light?

How do you know it is flying?

Personally, I think it is a ship from the future, coming back to look and study tornado's, cuss they don't happen in the future.
The title of the thread is "Tornado pic shows ufo"

"A valuable contributor to UM! Always enjoy her clever and often original outlook. - Paxus"

#25    Sakari

Sakari

Rob Lester

• 14,442 posts

• Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Posted 06 April 2012 - 07:33 PM

View Postarenee, on 06 April 2012 - 06:45 PM, said:

The title of the thread is "Tornado pic shows ufo"

Edited to remove : because I did not get the joke :)

Edited by Sakari, 06 April 2012 - 07:47 PM.

Our Wolf's Memorial Page

#26    arenee

arenee

Psychic Spy

• 1,594 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 07:35 PM

View PostSakari, on 06 April 2012 - 07:33 PM, said:

Yes, I know that......

I was quoting the OP, and asking a question......Not going to explain :)
And I thought you'd know I was joking too.   :blush:

#27    Sakari

Sakari

Rob Lester

• 14,442 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 07:47 PM

View Postarenee, on 06 April 2012 - 07:35 PM, said:

And I thought you'd know I was joking too.   :blush:

Nah, sorry...My bad...I am about 2 hours away from a 14 hour shift, and on 3 hours sleep.....My mind is not all here......Sorry...

Our Wolf's Memorial Page

#28    arenee

arenee

Psychic Spy

• 1,594 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 07:49 PM

View PostSakari, on 06 April 2012 - 07:47 PM, said:

Nah, sorry...My bad...I am about 2 hours away from a 14 hour shift, and on 3 hours sleep.....My mind is not all here......Sorry...
No worries, get some sleep Mister! <_<

#29    Shiloh17

Shiloh17

The Last.

• Closed
  • 2,584 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 07:53 PM

View Postrickyslick, on 06 April 2012 - 03:20 PM, said:

And if you even bothered to read the OP and the link provided, 'I' did not take the pic, its public domain

I read it all yesterday and saw my mistakelast night, however, it still won't turn into a flying saucer in these forums,
regardless of who took the pic. It is unidentified and entirely inconclusive as evidence except something "unidentified".

#30    DONTEATUS

DONTEATUS

Forum Divinity

• 19,031 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 07:24 PM

I think its was a Red Tail flying outta the past thru a wormhole ! I.E  Texas Twister ! :rolleyes:

Attached Thumbnails

• Thorny_Devil_crop.jpg

This is a Work in Progress!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users