Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * - 1 votes

Billionaires should be allowed to buy planets

• Please log in to reply
95 replies to this topic

#16    JGirl

JGirl

Pajama Goddess

• 9,016 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 05:25 AM

how arrogant humans are.

#17    King Fluffs

King Fluffs

The Resident Misanthrope

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,111 posts

• Shadows protect my angel in white...

Posted 06 April 2012 - 01:16 PM

It's an idiotic idea, if you ask me.

#18    RazielKTB

RazielKTB

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 151 posts

• :D

Posted 06 April 2012 - 02:46 PM

The anwser is NO. Nobody should own planets. :lol:

#19    Mbyte

Mbyte

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 771 posts

• Your scepticism disturbs me

Posted 06 April 2012 - 05:48 PM

There is a guy who sold plots on the moon and in now a millionaire because of it. You go to his website and buy a plot and a certificate is sent to you in the mail. Two former American presidents have bought a site on the moon. He is literally a millionaire because he sold imagination, an idea. There was a woman in spain who legally claimed the sun some how and wanted to charge the world for the use of the sun, what she didn't think through was that people could sue her for getting skin cancer. All this **** is completely retarded. If there was something of real value like a substance to provide energy like helium 3 on the moon which can be used as a more stable gas in nuclear fission then America certainly won't be buying it. They'd kill anyone else trying to get it first and protect it from anyone else. If they do that well then they own it. You put a random barrier around anything then claim that, it's yours. If you can do that, keep telling people it's yours and protect it then people will think it's yours. It's no more yours than it is mine. It's nobody property.

You think you own that dog? it's a novelty of the ego. Banks suck you dry of the concept of ownership. They are like that **** of a kid who makes up random rules in his own favor because he too lazy and stubborn to play the rules of the game everyone is playing. The banks just add interest on borrowed money. Loan money away and make more when it comes back. Economics is just an over complicated game of monopoly that people take too seriously. Some people commit suicide because of it. It's ****ing ridiculous. There is no money. Utilize the positives of money can bring, the negative don't exist.

"Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance."

#20    JayMark

JayMark

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 941 posts

• Our universe was created out of a desire. A desire to experiment, interact and evolve within a multitude of planes of consciousness.

Posted 06 April 2012 - 08:29 PM

I'll buy a land on Jupiter.

Anybody here has experitse in building houses on 10 000 K liquid metallic hydrogen and 200 GPa of atmospheric pressure?

I guess I'll need a good air filter. Damn methane and ammonia. Don't want to breath on that stuff. It could be dangerous.

Bartender says: "Sorry, we don't serve faster-than-light neutrinos here."

So you have these two faster-than-light neutrinos walking into a bar...

#21    minera

minera

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 560 posts

• There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,: Than are dreamed of in your philosophy. Act II, scene 2:.. Hamlet

Posted 06 April 2012 - 08:47 PM

That is the most ridiculous idea I have ever heard. The planets if they are habitable are most likely all read owned by their inhabitants. It is like haveing an alien lay claim to OUR planet, as they 'Purchased' it, and probably decided the native inhabitants are in the way of the wealth they could get from this planet, and we are conveniently exterminated. I doubt aliens on other planets give a toot about earthling laying claim on their world, and those rich bozos would probably end up in their zoo or lunch for some alien beast.
Just who will be the seller? I think the more money some have the less their braincells become.

#22    minera

minera

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 560 posts

• There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,: Than are dreamed of in your philosophy. Act II, scene 2:.. Hamlet

Posted 06 April 2012 - 08:53 PM

View PostJGirl, on 06 April 2012 - 05:25 AM, said:

how arrogant humans are.
I wholly agree with you.

#23    Sundew

Sundew

Psychic Spy

• 1,781 posts

• Sic Gorgiamus Allos Subjectos Nunc

Posted 07 April 2012 - 02:21 AM

"There's a sucker born every minute." (attributed to P.T. Barnum)

#24    Alienated Being

Alienated Being

Government Agent

• Banned
  • 4,163 posts

• "The best way to predict the future is by inventing it."

"Record

Posted 07 April 2012 - 05:01 AM

I think it's funny. We think that we are so goddamned powerful, so unstoppable, that we can lay claim to anything we wish.

I fear the day (if it comes) when an extraterrestrial civilization much more powerful and technologically advanced than our own completely mops the floor with our primitive technologies.

Edited by Alienated Being, 07 April 2012 - 05:01 AM.

#25    nohands

nohands

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 805 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 05:09 AM

buying is not an issue if we as individual can fly to other planets.......as long we arrive there first

#26    ShadowSot

ShadowSot

Stinky Cheese

• 6,874 posts

• Oops.

Posted 07 April 2012 - 05:32 AM

People already sell stars. It's not as if they actually own it or anything, it's a scam to fleece money out of gullible people.

Give me 30 bucksand I'll ship you a certificate that says you own the Earth.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.
-Terry Pratchett

#27    Timonthy

Timonthy

Placid

• 1,783 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 05:34 AM

Can I buy a crappy cheap planet?

Posted Image

#28    ShadowSot

ShadowSot

Stinky Cheese

• 6,874 posts

• Oops.

Posted 07 April 2012 - 05:36 AM

View PostTimonthy, on 07 April 2012 - 05:34 AM, said:

Can I buy a crappy cheap planet?
Wel... due to thelack of the element Amazium on earth, I'llit go for oh... 1,000 bucks.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.
-Terry Pratchett

#29    Timonthy

Timonthy

Placid

• 1,783 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 08:34 AM

View PostShadowSot, on 07 April 2012 - 05:36 AM, said:

Wel... due to thelack of the element Amazium on earth, I'llit go for oh... 1,000 bucks.
Oh that's not so bad. I'll take 3.

Posted Image

#30    godnodog

godnodog

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 209 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 08:46 AM

:w00t: I just builded an interstellar highway that happens to pass just next to your new space property, and remember you need to pay tolls, if you have a problem :devil: , pull aside and go out and use the emergency telephone.  :lol:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users