Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Marine Sgt. Gary Stein faces discharge

• Please log in to reply
69 replies to this topic

#16    Dredimus

Dredimus

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 868 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 05:24 PM

View PostCassea, on 06 April 2012 - 04:19 PM, said:

When you join the military you are the property of the military and all civilian rights go out the window.   In fact if you were to kill a member of the military as a civilian you would charged with damaging military property as well.  So this guy knows this, he's an idiot and deserves to be discharged.

So you are saying this guy deserves to have his entire life ruined over this?

#17    eqgumby

eqgumby

Telekinetic

• 7,576 posts

• If you have genuine psi-powers, you can change the world overnight. So do it, or stop playing Dragon-Ball Z with my brain!

Posted 06 April 2012 - 06:20 PM

View PostDredimus, on 06 April 2012 - 05:24 PM, said:

From what I can see, he kind of pushed the envelope, and went beyond just being a guy on facebook, that happened to be in the military, that was interested in politics and expressed an opinion. There is a difference between stating he wouldn't obey an un-lawful order from a president, and basically calling out Obama, as well as his affiliation with political parties not just as a citizen, but as a military member.

Slippery slope kind of stuff.

Credentials/Background<--This is a link!

It's not about tolerance and it's certainly not about searching for truth. It's about the chic of the intelligentsia. ---  Harmon-E Cherry
http://chzgifs.files...chucknorris.gif

#18    Dredimus

Dredimus

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 868 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 07:53 PM

View Posteqgumby, on 06 April 2012 - 06:20 PM, said:

From what I can see, he kind of pushed the envelope, and went beyond just being a guy on facebook, that happened to be in the military, that was interested in politics and expressed an opinion. There is a difference between stating he wouldn't obey an un-lawful order from a president, and basically calling out Obama, as well as his affiliation with political parties not just as a citizen, but as a military member.

Slippery slope kind of stuff.

Never mind that he is still a citizen of the united states... that has fought for the united states... we can leave that aside... but you think he should have his whole life destroyed over his expressed opinions? A Dishonorable Discharge is no joke... he will never be able to work in a field that requires a security clearance... and most employers see that on your DD-214 and its an automatic No Hire.

#19    Realm

Realm

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,901 posts

• "The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination."
    Albert Einstein

Posted 06 April 2012 - 09:19 PM

I can't agree to his punishment, but if he had brains he wouldn't be in this predicament. The President, whether he like its or not, is the highest
Military authority. He is the Commander in Chief.

#20    Sixth

Sixth

Poltergeist

• 2,274 posts

• Scientists get funky about having their research poached

Posted 06 April 2012 - 09:25 PM

View PostDredimus, on 06 April 2012 - 01:24 PM, said:

We in the military do not serve the president... we serve our country.

Oh, so your country didn't vote him into office? Interesting.

do your palms ever itch?

#21    FurthurBB

FurthurBB

Government Agent

• 3,357 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 09:46 PM

View PostEldorado, on 06 April 2012 - 03:39 PM, said:

Saying you hate your boss in public gets you fired!

And?

I actually know someone who got fired for saying bad things about the university they worked at on facebook.  I agreed with some of what they were saying, but come on, you have a PhD and don't know enough to not post crap like that on facebook.

#22    FurthurBB

FurthurBB

Government Agent

• 3,357 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 09:48 PM

View PostDredimus, on 06 April 2012 - 07:53 PM, said:

Never mind that he is still a citizen of the united states... that has fought for the united states... we can leave that aside... but you think he should have his whole life destroyed over his expressed opinions? A Dishonorable Discharge is no joke... he will never be able to work in a field that requires a security clearance... and most employers see that on your DD-214 and its an automatic No Hire.

Sometimes being an idiot costs more than you think.  The civilian I know that had a similar thing happen to her used to have a tenured position at a decent university and now teaches adjunct at community college.

#23    Contract Killer Romeo

Contract Killer Romeo

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 484 posts

• "I don't know about angels, but it's fear that gives men wings."

Posted 06 April 2012 - 10:58 PM

especially in today's navy where they are booting people left and right, its extremely important to know who you can trust if you want to discuss politics. Its easier just to go about it in a more....incognito way. This is my background on my work desk for instance.
http://brianjnoggle....fx/cthulhu2.png

#24    Cassea

Cassea

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,064 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 05:56 PM

View PostDredimus, on 06 April 2012 - 05:24 PM, said:

When it comes to blatant stupidity I have no problem with someone's life being ruined.  What did he think was going to happen?  All in the news there have been stories of people getting called on what they posted on their facebook page.  The military oath is

502. Enlistment oath: who may administer
(a) Enlistment Oath. Each person enlisting in an armed force shall take the following oath:
"I, XXXXXXXXXX, do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; and that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and the orders of the officers appointed over me, according to regulations and the Uniform Code of Military Justice. So help me God."
(B) Who May Administer. The oath may be taken before the President, the Vice-President, the Secretary of Defense, any commissioned officer, or any other person designated under regulations prescribed by the Secretary of Defense.

Understanding Traumatic Brain Injury communication issues.   http://www.asha.org/.../#comm_problems

#25    Babe Ruth

Babe Ruth

Non-Corporeal Being

• 7,861 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 06:36 PM

Great story!  Kinda like Oath Keepers.  :yes:

It's good to see the citizen stand up to the govt.  As a soldier he did not have to accept an illegal order, as it were.

But it goes to show the Obama Unitary Executive prowess!

He serves the same people Bush did, is my bet.  :P

#26    preacherman76

preacherman76

Humble Servent

• 10,558 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 12:11 PM

View Postquestionmark, on 06 April 2012 - 03:15 PM, said:

Which means that there is already a discipline problem.

Agreed. This government has no discipline what so ever. Its sad that people in our armed forces even have to have these conversations. Many of them are very concerned about the unconstitutional over reach of power.

Its funny that there are folks who think this guy did something that deserves punnishment. And at the same time defend a government who is constantly passing/and or trying to pass legislation that directly violates the highest laws of the land. Many would rather kill the messanger (so to speak) then to confront the real criminals. Why do people feel the law should be applied to everyone and anyone, accept for the people who create and enforce them?

Some things are true, even if you dont believe them.

#27    preacherman76

preacherman76

Humble Servent

• 10,558 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 12:19 PM

View PostBabe Ruth, on 07 April 2012 - 06:36 PM, said:

Great story!  Kinda like Oath Keepers.  :yes:

It's good to see the citizen stand up to the govt.  As a soldier he did not have to accept an illegal order, as it were.

But it goes to show the Obama Unitary Executive prowess!

He serves the same people Bush did, is my bet.  :P

Well said.

There is no question 0bama serves the same people Bush did. Just look at both of thier campaign donors. They are both sold out globalist scum. To bad people dont hold this government to the same standards as they do little guys like this soldier. Who didnt even really break any laws at all.

#28    Babe Ruth

Babe Ruth

Non-Corporeal Being

• 7,861 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 01:28 PM

Long live Ehren Watada!  :yes:

#29    questionmark

questionmark

Cinicus Magnus

• 34,029 posts

• In a flat world there is an explanation to everything.

Posted 08 April 2012 - 01:30 PM

View Postpreacherman76, on 08 April 2012 - 12:11 PM, said:

Agreed. This government has no discipline what so ever. Its sad that people in our armed forces even have to have these conversations. Many of them are very concerned about the unconstitutional over reach of power.

Its funny that there are folks who think this guy did something that deserves punnishment. And at the same time defend a government who is constantly passing/and or trying to pass legislation that directly violates the highest laws of the land. Many would rather kill the messanger (so to speak) then to confront the real criminals. Why do people feel the law should be applied to everyone and anyone, accept for the people who create and enforce them?

You never were in a situation where you had to keep people functioning come hell or high water without squabbling, have you? Else you would know exactly what I mean by "discipline problem".

A skeptic is a well informed believer and a pessimist a well informed optimist
The most dangerous views of the world are from those who have never seen it. ~ Alexander v. Humboldt
If you want to bulls**t me please do it so that it takes me more than a minute to find out

about me

#30    preacherman76

preacherman76

Humble Servent

• 10,558 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 03:54 PM

View Postquestionmark, on 08 April 2012 - 01:30 PM, said:

You never were in a situation where you had to keep people functioning come hell or high water without squabbling, have you? Else you would know exactly what I mean by "discipline problem".

Keep people functioning?? THEY are the law breakers.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users