Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

Please give your advice on psychic abilities

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1    AkashicPath

AkashicPath

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 21 posts

• AkashicPath

Posted 06 April 2012 - 11:07 AM

I am no psychic, but I believe I have a very fine tuned intuition. And I would love to learn how to better listen to it.

What is your advice for getting in touch, learning and developing your psychic abilities?

Thank you for sharing!

www.AkashicPath.com
Discover your soul path and how to live your purpose in life to the fullest.

#2    John from Lowell

John from Lowell

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,913 posts

• Self Love Unlocks the Magic Inside

Posted 06 April 2012 - 04:13 PM

We are all intuitive(psychic) to some extent. This skill is exercised by using your imagtination in the following way.

Consider that your inner wisdom is present and always listening for you to speak to it. When you ask yourself a question, with the intention that this wisdom will respond. your imagined responce(the first inclination that you receive) will be from this aspect of you. Most likely the next set of thoughts will come from your logical mind to distract you from this wisdom.

As you practice this skill your ability to use it will increase. It is always best to put these insights into some practicle use. The more you think about it the easier it is for your logical mind, the most insecure aspect of you, you get you to ignore your inner wisdom.

I hope my brief thoughts on this will be helpful.

John

What We Are Never Changes !!

Who We Are Is Always Changing !!!

#3    Ryu

Ryu

Born to fail.

• 4,495 posts

• If not watched closely, the seed of violence can utterly consume you.

Posted 06 April 2012 - 04:25 PM

Intuition is not nearly as reliable as most books would have you believe. Many will claim that first impressions are always right or that your intuition never steers yo wrong. This is one of the most damaging pieces of tripe to be circulated.

Intuition needs to be tempered with reason and logic and not by snap decisions and/or ignorance nor should it be guided by what you want or wish the truth to be.
Our minds do not always know what is right nor do our bodies which is why we have the wonderful ability to read books and learn real stuff instead of relying on animal instincts.

Intuition is nice but it doesn't operate on its own.

#4    Beany

Beany

Government Agent

• 3,789 posts

• If music is the most universal language just think of me as one whole note. Nikki Giovanni

Posted 07 April 2012 - 03:09 AM

There are a couple of authors, Carolyn Myss comes to mind, who believe that intuition functions at a high level when combined with experience & knowledge. i.e. the more one knows about a particular topic, the higher the accuracy of intuition. The idea is that intuition is more than just an inner knowing, that there are several important factors involved.

Edited by Beany, 07 April 2012 - 03:10 AM.

#5    White Crane Feather

White Crane Feather

Seeker79

• 12,999 posts

• Potter: " is this real or is this in my mind?"

Dumbledore: " Of course it's in your mind....., but that dosn't mean it's not real."

Posted 07 April 2012 - 09:21 PM

View Postgoldpine, on 06 April 2012 - 11:07 AM, said:

I am no psychic, but I believe I have a very fine tuned intuition. And I would love to learn how to better listen to it.

What is your advice for getting in touch, learning and developing your psychic abilities?

Thank you for sharing!
Meditation, trust in self, kindness to others, and working with people on intimate levels. Intuitions are apart of experience. The longer you work around people, the more you will see the patterns. Evenchually it will feel like you just know everyone while leaving room for varieance. A novice thinks, and adept reacts, an expert thinks while reacting , a master flows.

"I wish neither to possess, Nor to be possessed. I no longer covet paradise, more important, I no longer fear hell. The medicine for my suffering I had within me from the very beginning, but I did not take it. My ailment came from within myself, But I did not observe it until this moment. Now I see that I will never find the light.  Unless, like the candle, I am my own fuel, Consuming myself. "
Bruce Lee-

#6    Beany

Beany

Government Agent

• 3,789 posts

• If music is the most universal language just think of me as one whole note. Nikki Giovanni

Posted 08 April 2012 - 02:59 AM

Seeker covered it all, as usual. Meditation was important to me, as was learning to trust myself instead of giving that over to the "experts." I also verified the information I was getting when circumstances allowed, as a way of measuring accuracy. The other aspect that was and is important to me is using it in a way that is helpful, which doesn't always mean sharing my intuitive thoughts with someone, but instead using it as tool to help me better understand so that I can act or speak in a helpful, supportive way.

#7    AkashicPath

AkashicPath

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 21 posts

• AkashicPath

Posted 08 April 2012 - 12:38 PM

Thank you everyone!

Your advice is very helpful. My biggest problem is that I get floods of thoughts entering my mind and tend to overthink and overanalyze everything. Which makes it difficult to separate intuitive feelings from my logical and/or wishful thinking ;-)

www.AkashicPath.com
Discover your soul path and how to live your purpose in life to the fullest.

#8    White Crane Feather

White Crane Feather

Seeker79

• 12,999 posts

Dumbledore: " Of course it's in your mind....., but that dosn't mean it's not real."

Posted 08 April 2012 - 02:07 PM

View Postgoldpine, on 08 April 2012 - 12:38 PM, said:

Thank you everyone!

Your advice is very helpful. My biggest problem is that I get floods of thoughts entering my mind and tend to overthink and overanalyze everything. Which makes it difficult to separate intuitive feelings from my logical and/or wishful thinking ;-)
The creative trick is to follow both at the same time. More often than not they coincide.

"I wish neither to possess, Nor to be possessed. I no longer covet paradise, more important, I no longer fear hell. The medicine for my suffering I had within me from the very beginning, but I did not take it. My ailment came from within myself, But I did not observe it until this moment. Now I see that I will never find the light.  Unless, like the candle, I am my own fuel, Consuming myself. "
Bruce Lee-

#9    John from Lowell

John from Lowell

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,913 posts

• Self Love Unlocks the Magic Inside

Posted 08 April 2012 - 03:16 PM

View Postgoldpine, on 08 April 2012 - 12:38 PM, said:

Thank you everyone!

Your inner wisdom(intuitive feelings) will be physically felt as worthwhile. The logical and/or wishful thinking will not resonate that way with your physical body.

What We Are Never Changes !!

Who We Are Is Always Changing !!!

#10    Mr Walker

Mr Walker

Forum Divinity

• 19,342 posts

• Sometimes the Phantom leaves the jungle, and walks the streets of the city like an ordinary man.

Posted 10 April 2012 - 06:39 AM

I win a lot of trivia evenings by utilising the ability mentioned above. Be aware of the first intuitive thought that comes into your mind.  It usually IS right. (at least in my experince) Your brain can process much faster than you can consciously think, and so will provide you, almost instantly, with the right answer. Wheras, thinking it through takes a slightly longer period of time. Thus, by going for your first/immediate thought, you learn which are your intuitive responses,  rather than your logical and reasoned ones. For example if someone asks me, "how high is mt everest?" my intuitive answer is 29029 feet. it is an easy answer to just know intuitively, without thought, because of its symmetry. Your mind knows a lot of stuff but it may not be able to consciously recall much of it. However with practice, using intuitive recall, you can recall anything you have ever seen heard read or know, from within your mind, basically instantly. The brain rarely loses any information stored within it, except during aging or injury. Likewise the mind, processes, analyses, and extraplates unconsciously, creating new understandings in our mind, and this ability can be used to intuit many solutions and answers which we do not factually know and have not individually learned..

Edited by Mr Walker, 10 April 2012 - 06:51 AM.

You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars; you have a right to be here. And whether or not it is clear to you, no doubt the universe is unfolding as it should.

Therefore be at peace with God, whatever you conceive Him to be, and whatever your labors and aspirations, in the noisy confusion of life keep peace with your soul.

With all its sham, drudgery and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world..

Be cheerful.

Strive to be happy.

#11    charmcph

charmcph

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 164 posts

• Life is a gift .. use it wisely!

Time is wasted while young...Time is important while old!

Thoughts are contagious

Posted 13 April 2012 - 12:53 PM

I know a lot of people say to meditate or whatever. I'm not patient enough for this nor can I calm my thoughts long enough lol

Cause I really don't know what it is that I'm really doing, other than I have information that belongs to other people. shrugs

For me it was about knowing whom my thoughts was for?

I bring a notebook with me where ever i go, and when I am next to people and  I start getting thoughts ....that I know isn't for me.... I would write down whatever thoughts came... and then if I was brave enough would ask the person that I would feel it was for. Both I and they was very surprised at what I had written down. This not only helped me getting to know whom the info was for but how it felt to pin point whom the info was for. I have gotten to know a lot of people this way, and now friends with.

It's strange, cause I'm not a people person lol. I'd rather stay away from people but now I have to read my thoughts when I get around people and my thoughts won't let be until I give my messages to whom ever they belong too. If that makes since lol.

As I said before, I'm not sure what it is I do, other then get thoughts for other people, that's what I call it...... thoughts for people.... lol
I don't think I'm psychic or anything... just know I need to purged myself a lot or it would drive me crazy not too.

hope this helps
char

~Char~

#12    krystaleyes

krystaleyes

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 08:38 AM

View PostSeeker79, on 07 April 2012 - 09:21 PM, said:

Meditation, trust in self, kindness to others, and working with people on intimate levels. Intuitions are apart of experience. The longer you work around people, the more you will see the patterns. Evenchually it will feel like you just know everyone while leaving room for varieance. A novice thinks, and adept reacts, an expert thinks while reacting , a master flows.
i beleive totaly in intuition,and have done since a young age,some call it a gut feeling,i have found when first waking up,that first thought is important,intuition to me is a knowing,a feeling that never goes away,no matter how much you want it to,so i suggest to listen to that first thought,and the thought that never goes away,and act on it,lovekrystaleyes

#13    Homan34

Homan34

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 152 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 11:21 AM

Meditation is very important to develop your psychic powers. You need to meditate daily to develop your psychic abilities. Nice thread.

Flying on the aerospace. :)

#14    Beany

Beany

Government Agent

• 3,789 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 02:32 AM

When I get a flood of information I just let it flow. I know that sooner or later the information I need or am supposed to have will make itself known as the chatter dies down. My approach is to trust the process instead of attempting to guide it or manipulate it. That works for me, as it keeps my head/mind out of the game. You know, the monkey brain that wants to direct everything and listens to no one.

#15    White Crane Feather

White Crane Feather

Seeker79

• 12,999 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 03:03 PM

View PostBeany, on 18 April 2012 - 02:32 AM, said:

When I get a flood of information I just let it flow. I know that sooner or later the information I need or am supposed to have will make itself known as the chatter dies down. My approach is to trust the process instead of attempting to guide it or manipulate it. That works for me, as it keeps my head/mind out of the game. You know, the monkey brain that wants to direct everything and listens to no one.
Yes. I have also learned to simply act impulsively, I'll have a thought then I'll just follow it to see where it goes. In the woods I do a walking meditation where I spend my time with my mind blank but just reacting impulses, it's very interesting the things you learn. Then you start to apply the same thing to other things. It's quite an excercise.

Bruce Lee-

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users