Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Rasputin

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1    UM-Bot

UM-Bot

News, media and articles

• 6,196 posts

• Beep Boop

Posted 06 April 2012 - 01:27 PM

<strong class='bbc'>Image credit: Alan Wood</strong>
Image credit: Alan Wood
William B Stoecker: At about eleven in the morning on 6/28/1914 the Austrian Archduke Franz Ferdinand and his wife Sophie, Duchess of Hohenberg, were riding in the Bosnian city of Sarajevo when a young Bosnian Serb, Gavrilo Princip shot and killed them both. This led to an Austrian ultimatum upon Serbia and then a declaration of war. Russia then came in on the side of Serbia, and Germany rushed to aid their ally, Austria. Fearing that France might attack while Germany was engaged in the fight against Russia, the German leaders invaded France, hoping to knock the French out of the war before the Russians could mobilize.

Posted Image View: Full Article

This is an official comment thread for a main site news story, article or video.
Please keep comments civil and on topic.
Thank you.

#2    DieChecker

DieChecker

I'm a Rogue Scholar

• 16,377 posts

• Hey, I'm not wrong. I'm just not completely right.

Posted 07 April 2012 - 07:04 PM

Is it just me or does the picture with the article look a little like Ashton Kucher?

Here at Intel we make processors on 12 inch wafers. And, the individual processors on the wafers are called die. And, I am employed to check these die. That is why I am the DieChecker.

At times one remains faithful to a cause only because its opponents do not cease to be insipid. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Qualifications? This is cryptozoology, dammit! All that is required is the spirit of adventure. - Night Walker

#3    Simbi Laveau

Simbi Laveau

Overlord A. Snuffleupagus

• 8,245 posts

• ~So what's all this then ?!

Posted 07 April 2012 - 09:51 PM

View PostDieChecker, on 07 April 2012 - 07:04 PM, said:

Is it just me or does the picture with the article look a little like Ashton Kucher?
:lol: :lol:

Miss me?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users