Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Healthy polar bear count confounds doomsayers

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#16    cerberusxp

cerberusxp

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,098 posts

• We all look for truth, however when we find it, some times we wish we hadn't. R. Burch

Posted 09 April 2012 - 11:03 PM

Optimum plant growth requires 800 to 1,800 ppm CO2! Below 275 plants begin to show stress. Go here  LINKY  and watch the video! Enjoy!

What we say and do unto others while here on earth are the vessels of our glory or undoing EXCUSE ME WHILE I KISS THE SKY
credentials http://www.unexplain...amp;pid=2291684

" I want the people of America to work less for the Government and more for themselves" Calvin Coolidge 1924
If one were to try and pigeon hole me I'd say I was a Jeffersonian liberal.

#17    cerberusxp

cerberusxp

Psychic Spy

• 1,098 posts

• We all look for truth, however when we find it, some times we wish we hadn't. R. Burch

Posted 09 April 2012 - 11:07 PM

View PostIs it for real, on 09 April 2012 - 06:52 PM, said:

Yet another tall tale of the left being debunked one fact at a time...

Ditto, the land of the pixie dust mentality.

What we say and do unto others while here on earth are the vessels of our glory or undoing EXCUSE ME WHILE I KISS THE SKY

" I want the people of America to work less for the Government and more for themselves" Calvin Coolidge 1924

#18    cerberusxp

cerberusxp

Psychic Spy

• 1,098 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 11:13 PM

View PostDieChecker, on 09 April 2012 - 08:21 PM, said:

No. No. No. I've seen many videos and "experts" who showed videos and pictures of smimming polar bears as proof. What doubt can there be?? Less ice = less polar bears. Al Gore told me they can't live on land.

(Sarcasm)

http://wattsupwithth...-investigation/

LOL I know in one report and video they showed bears supposedly drowning but, were actually PLAYING in the water. I love it when they OMIT what is really happening to further an agenda, then lo and behold wham they get caught in  their own WEB. :P

Edited by cerberusxp, 09 April 2012 - 11:34 PM.

#19    dharma warrior

dharma warrior

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 264 posts

• "Life is hard, it's harder if you're stupid.

Posted 10 April 2012 - 02:24 AM

Polar bears all look the same. They're probably just counting the same bears over and over again.

#20    DieChecker

DieChecker

I'm a Rogue Scholar

• 23,867 posts

• Hey, I'm not wrong. I'm just not completely right.

Posted 10 April 2012 - 02:42 AM

View Postfarandaway, on 09 April 2012 - 09:28 PM, said:

I've seen video of polar bears struggling to find food.  Couldn't it be that the warmer (?) weather makes food more readily available, hence more bears?  Or maybe it's something even more simple.  That in the search for food the bears tend to migrate to areas where they are more easily seen, hence the illusion of more bears?
Hopefully the migrating polar bears drive the bigfoots south so we can catch some of them. :tu:

Here at Intel we make processors on 12 inch wafers. And, the individual processors on the wafers are called die. And, I am employed to check these die. That is why I am the DieChecker.

At times one remains faithful to a cause only because its opponents do not cease to be insipid. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Qualifications? This is cryptozoology, dammit! All that is required is the spirit of adventure. - Night Walker

#21    Wickian

Wickian

Doppelganger

• 4,609 posts

• Save it for Queen Doppelpoppellus!

Posted 10 April 2012 - 06:18 AM

Ever since hunting was put into check, polar bear populations have increased.

#22    angi chiesa

angi chiesa

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 273 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 07:09 AM

Good luck you polar bears..What are the bare essentials of life?  Well I hope we leave you a few fish in the sea and in the rivers.  Of course polar bears can live on land and raid rubbish heaps ,and if they are 'smarter than the average bear ,you gotta pick a picnic basket or two.

#23    RightInTheStatisticals

RightInTheStatisticals

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 96 posts

• Do, or do not, there is no try. ~ A little green alien

Posted 11 April 2012 - 08:19 PM

View Postdharma warrior, on 10 April 2012 - 02:24 AM, said:

Polar bears all look the same. They're probably just counting the same bears over and over again.

This bears repeating.

#24    Wickian

Wickian

Doppelganger

• 4,609 posts

• Save it for Queen Doppelpoppellus!

Posted 11 April 2012 - 09:48 PM

View PostRightInTheStatisticals, on 11 April 2012 - 08:19 PM, said:

This bears repeating.
The last thing we need are some unbearable puns.

#25    Harte

Harte

Supremely Educated Knower of Everything in Existence.

• 11,487 posts

• Skeptic

Posted 12 April 2012 - 12:35 PM

View PostBrandOfAmber, on 09 April 2012 - 05:03 PM, said:

Yes, fantastic.  

Let's just ignore 60 plus years of recorded carbon increase in the atmosphere.

Let me ask, and seriously, can anyone here (talking to you folk who don't believe in man-made climate change) even know what ppm stands for?

Science suffers not for your willful ignorance.  The world marches on...

- Brand
I thought the topic was polar bear populations.

AFAIK, neither an increase nor a decrease in said population is any indicator of anything at all about GW.

Harte

Posted Image
See the new Harte Mark III
And the Mayan panoramas on my pyramid pajamas haven't helped my little problem. - The Alan Parsons Project
Most people would die sooner than think; in fact, they do so. - Bertrand Russell
Anybody like Coleridge?

#26    Sundew

Sundew

Poltergeist

• 2,508 posts

• Sic Gorgiamus Allos Subjectos Nunc

Posted 13 April 2012 - 01:47 AM

View PostOverSword, on 09 April 2012 - 03:01 PM, said:

Cute???  Terifiying is the word i would use.  Scariest animal on the face of the earth, hands down.

Sorry that title goes to Marxist politicians. They tend to have a more direct effect on people's lives then a few icebound carnivores.

#27    Heroic Bishop

Heroic Bishop

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 126 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 08:45 AM

This is just another article proving the new religion of Environmentalism is riddled with hysteria, inaccuracy and coincidence, and a whole lot of facts twisted to fit THEIR truth...

How many of the true scientific facts about climate change will it take for eco-mentalist (sic) people to stop and say, hang on a minute...

Posted Image

"Yea though I walk through the Valley of Death... I shall fear no evil. For I am at 80,000 feet and climbing." - Psalm of the SR-71

#28    Zaphod222

Zaphod222

Psychic Spy

• 1,614 posts

• When the gods wish to punish us, they answer our prayers.
    (Oscar Wilde)

Posted 14 April 2012 - 01:13 PM

And since when do we confront religious beliefs with facts? They are unrelated. The Church Of Global Warming teaches that the polar bears are disappearing, so the faithful believe it.

"The moment you declare a set of ideas to be immune from criticism, satire, derision, or contempt, freedom of thought becomes impossible." (Salman Rushdie)

#29    Erudite Celt

Erudite Celt

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 294 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 04:01 AM

I wonder if the Bears have a sense of survival mode. If they are aware that they are under threat do they breed more to increase survival chances? Humans also have this characteristic sense. Did you know that more children are conceived and born during times of extreme threat to life such as war and famine! Here's a typical scenario often portrayed in comical drama. Your in a bar or public area and a newsflash appears on a television "AN MASSIVE ASTEROID IS HEADED FOR EARTH, ONE HOUR TO IMPACT!!!" Our instinct or reaction to such an event would be to procreate with the first willing partner! The Polar Bears are feeling under threat, thus they are breeding in anticipation for decimation!

#30    cerberusxp

cerberusxp

Psychic Spy

• 1,098 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 04:40 AM

How to make a GW Marxist go bananas! Save the Polar bears feed them more baby seals.

Edited by cerberusxp, 26 July 2012 - 04:41 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users