Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

2012 - Not the End of the World

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1    Time Spy

Time Spy

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 352 posts

• Examining history delivers a clearer perspective on tomorrow, while providing a closer focus on the most important moment of all, right here and now.

Posted 07 April 2012 - 03:45 AM

I realize everyone has heard so many crazy stories and predictions on the 2012 doomsday event.  Hollywood, numerous authors, and so many others have sought to profit from such intake and hype.  However we must not dismiss the fact that the date of 12-21-2012 is a significant representation of a calendar event from an ancient civilization that had been studying the stars for thousands of years.  It was also the only date supposed by them as the last of the 'long count' predictions, and had nothing to do with any of the many others that have come and gone without the world exploding, imploding, or twisting into oblivion.  However, as easy as it is to dismiss altogether, while to be another silly notion and fantastic far out apocalyptic crazy, it could still prove to be incorrect to do so.  Nevertheless, as irritating as it may get to some to discuss this topic, if you would give me a moment, I would like to suppose and explanation somewhat different from any of the doomsday scenarios, as of yet, that may shed some light on the reason this date was derived.

Much like Easter Island, when first discovered by the Europeans, the Central American cultures encountered in the New World were long since passed their 'Golden Age'.  They had digressed from both astronomical observations, and building the amazing monolithic structures and temples found throughout the regions, whether endowed by the help of E.T. or God or not, and had resorted to savage disgusting ways of life.  Still, their incredible evidence in craftsmanship and knowledge, engraved in stone of time throughout the cosmos is an obvious and somewhat eerie fact.  To suppose there was reasoning in their synopsis upon arriving at the last date of a calendar, while to me only proves that it simply starts over to repeat itself, next week, next month, next year, next long count…  I propose this only as an example, as I know that is not exactly how it works.  

It is my opinion that the physics of the planet Earth within its relationship inside the solar system proved in the far distant past to have changed and altered its course of solar orbit, due to a lunar impact with asteroid fragments from a planet that once orbited between Jupiter and Mars.  This was observed by the ancient astronomers at the beginning of the ‘Mayan calendar’ as time itself changed in reference to the length of both the year and day as well.  Since then the observations and recordings of the long counts within the entire calendar references have foreseen solar, lunar and even eclipses of Mercury and Venus.  This June, we will witness Venus as it passes in front of the sun once more as it did a few years ago, although it only happens in paired increments of nearly 300 year spans.  This eclipse of Venus, while exactly one half year before the doomsday date, will show Mercury just barely missing an eclipse at that exact time period (which only happens every 200,000 years).  Then, in December as Venus races around twice to realign in a near eclipse once more, Mercury aligns at the opposite 180 degrees, and all the other planets as well.  This is like a hand of the clock in our solar system as time reappears at the point to where the alignment throughout the solar system with the galactic core is alike to that during the time when the calendar first began.  Any significance to happenstance or doomsday possibilities remains mere predictions, writing materials, and movie making madness.  However, the point still remains that THIS is what the Mayans were trying to point out, the hand of the stellar clock only in its entirety with reference to an event that will probably never happen again.  If the alarm sounds, well…?  We have already contemplated the possibilities.  No need to go there.

Nevertheless, just to make my opinion known and to be heard clearly, (so when everyone witnesses that I was indeed right), I am predicting that the length of the day and the year will drastically change in the year 2013.  However, it is also my opinion that it is not the end of the world, nor did the Mayans ever say that it would be.

#2    Simbi Laveau

Simbi Laveau

Overlord A. Snuffleupagus

• 8,266 posts

• ~So what's all this then ?!

Posted 07 April 2012 - 04:02 AM

I don't Think the world ends,but I think a new era of war and civil unrest begins,and many die before the golden age begins.

Edited by Simbi Laveau, 07 April 2012 - 04:03 AM.

Miss me?

#3    Drums

Drums

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 72 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 05:33 AM

Very interesting, I agree with you that the Mayans did not view 2012 as the end of the world, but I do think that something might happen.  There are actually a few things that are happening around the time of December 21 2012, besides what you already stated.  The earth will also be in front of a part of the sun  that is showing very high activity in solar flares, which funny enough is suppose to be at its peak point in solar activity as it faces the earth on 12,21,2012.  Also the Earth will be in alignment of the "13 zodiac" around that time as well, which is the center of our galaxy.  The most interesting thing about that is if the center of a galaxy is truly a massive black hole (as some scientist believe)then we would have to wonder whether that would cause any displacement of the earth, or even the moon, from its original rotation.  There are many other theories besides these, but in the end all we can do is wait, and hope for the best, after all nothing might happen at all.

#4    Abramelin

Abramelin

-

• 18,109 posts
  • Location:"Here the tide is ruled, by the wind, the moon and us."

• God created the world, but the Dutch created the Netherlands

Posted 07 April 2012 - 08:42 AM

If 'anything' will happen, it will happen in 2220, not 2012:

http://www.unexplain...showentry=24067

#5    Jeffertonturner

Jeffertonturner

Hero Squad

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,091 posts

• I may not be the smartest, or the best looking, or the most successful but...what was I saying? I'm depressed.

Posted 07 April 2012 - 12:22 PM

View PostSimbi Laveau, on 07 April 2012 - 04:02 AM, said:

I don't Think the world ends,but I think a new era of war and civil unrest begins,and many die before the golden age begins.
Lol, the past is full of war and civil unrest of great magnitude. Are we a golden age now?

~Life goes by pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while -and do whatever you want all the time -you can miss it.~

#6    Ghostdancer

Ghostdancer

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 381 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 06:47 PM

Yes, this was featured a week ago on Coast to Coast; was listening to it on the radio as I was driving back to town that night.

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace." - Jimi Hendrix

#7    Blue Star

Blue Star

Telekinetic

• 7,298 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 07:41 PM

Edited by Blue Star, 07 April 2012 - 08:35 PM.

#8    Painnsufferin

Painnsufferin

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 73 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 03:13 AM

View PostJeffertonturner, on 07 April 2012 - 12:22 PM, said:

Lol, the past is full of war and civil unrest of great magnitude. Are we a golden age now?

Must be, I would hate to see the crap that is supposedly coming.

#9    ZaraKitty

ZaraKitty

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,202 posts

• I can see it in their eyes, they've already died.

Posted 17 April 2012 - 03:07 AM

As long as it doesn't end with idiots ruling the world.. oh wait.

The internet is a series of tubes, and those tubes are full of cats.

#10    Time Spy

Time Spy

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 352 posts

• Examining history delivers a clearer perspective on tomorrow, while providing a closer focus on the most important moment of all, right here and now.

Posted 22 April 2012 - 01:36 AM

View PostZaraKitty, on 17 April 2012 - 03:07 AM, said:

As long as it doesn't end with idiots ruling the world.. oh wait.

Yeah, good point. Will we ever get out of the dark ages?

#11    DarkCreed

DarkCreed

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 26 posts

• What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters of what lies within us...

Posted 22 April 2012 - 10:29 PM

I don't believe in the world ending on that exact day, but I truly do believe the world will end. It won't stay here forever..

Edited by DarkCreed, 22 April 2012 - 10:29 PM.

#12    Time Spy

Time Spy

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 352 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 03:24 AM

View PostDarkCreed, on 22 April 2012 - 10:29 PM, said:

I don't believe in the world ending on that exact day, but I truly do believe the world will end. It won't stay here forever..

I am not a student of prophecy, nor do I pretend to know the future.  I believe that in order to properly prepare a better game plan for tomorrow we must look through the past and learn from yesterdays mistakes, so that we can ready at all times for the most important moment of all, which is right here and now.

The way I see it, no man knows the day nor the hour, when the sky will role back like a scroll and the trumpet will sound judgment day.  The way I read it, come that day, whenever it may be, the Earth will end in fire.

#13    Mazz123

Mazz123

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 07:38 PM

Interesting read. There are many positive theories out there regarding 12/21/12 which considers dormant DNA activation, consciousness shifts, dimensional upgrades,galactic super waves, etc. You can find certain amount of truth in each of of them, but again no one really knows what or if anything will happen.

#14    and then

and then

Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

• 13,671 posts

• Because what came before never seems enough...

Posted 24 April 2012 - 01:41 AM

I don't believe this coming winter solstice will bring anything with it.  It may arrive while the world is in yet another war or maybe some natural disaster will have overtaken a part of the globe but I don't think the date has anything to do with it.  It's just the next thing....
My Christian faith tells me the world never ends.  But the present age of human government will finally die out after a cataclysmic war that will kill over half the population of the planet and destroy a huge amount of the eco system.  But the earth will be healed and people will finally be shown - whether they believed or not - how to live in peace.  We will have finally seen proof of where self will leads us.  And the "mysteries" of who/what God is will finally be solved.  This is what I believe the Bible says if one takes the time to read it.

We've cast the world, we've set the stage,
  for what could be, the darkest age...

#15    Time Spy

Time Spy

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 352 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 12:57 AM

View Postand then, on 24 April 2012 - 01:41 AM, said:

I don't believe this coming winter solstice will bring anything with it.  It may arrive while the world is in yet another war or maybe some natural disaster will have overtaken a part of the globe but I don't think the date has anything to do with it.  It's just the next thing....
My Christian faith tells me the world never ends.  But the present age of human government will finally die out after a cataclysmic war that will kill over half the population of the planet and destroy a huge amount of the eco system.  But the earth will be healed and people will finally be shown - whether they believed or not - how to live in peace.  We will have finally seen proof of where self will leads us.  And the "mysteries" of who/what God is will finally be solved.  This is what I believe the Bible says if one takes the time to read it.

It seems there are many 'beliefs' on what will transpire in the future.  I have heard such thoughts of millinial reigns and Christ setting up a new world both here or somewhere else.  It is tough to actually fully understand or comply with the countless different opinions.  I do not mean to 'diss' your thoughts, just pointing out that many denominations call their faith 'Christian' but differ so on prophetic translations.  I must admit that I have always thought that the new heaven and new world would be a major physical change in both the planet and the star, whether here or there, but I don't understand when or how.

In your opinion is there and 'after life' for those who have died and those who will die before the end of this age.  Will the new age of peace include all who believe?   Christ said we must be born again to enter the kingdom of heaven, and he was going to prepare a place for us.  Would that be Eden reborn, here or there?  Wouldn't that be a form of reincarnation, even if it was just a one time thing?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users