Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Man jailed for 14 yrs now standing for mayor

Still Waters

A businessman who was jailed for 14 years for stabbing a man is now standing for the position of local mayor.

Paul Massey, 52, is one of ten candidates competing for the role in Salford after being released from prison, despite never having voted before.

He said his priorities were to improve rehabilitation programmes, opportunities for the young and ridding the streets of drugs, and claimed he “lives, sleeps and eats Salford.”

Mr Massey, a father-of-five, is known locally for being dubbed “Mr Big” in a 1992 council meeting, during discussions on civil disturbances.

arrow3.gifRead more...

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• itsnotoutthere

• Still Waters

• Eldorado

• Mr Right Wing

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

His life experiences may make him ideal for tackling crime and he might prove to have valuable insight into rehabilitation.

I think he should be allowed to stand.

Nothing wrong with him having a criminal record for assault. Least it ain't a fraud conviction... like a lot of MPs should have.

but hasn't everybody in Salford stabbed somebody at some time.....

Wow,I dont think that's possible in the USA.

Im thinking of cops and judges really.Im pretty sure they cannot have a felony record ,but politics,what's a few murders.

Who knows. :lol:

He paid for his crime. He seems to have come out the other side of it a better citizen who really wants to help. I would vote for someone like that instead of a person who'd made a career of politics

His life experiences may make him ideal for tackling crime and he might prove to have valuable insight into rehabilitation.

I think he should be allowed to stand.

This

The mob rule process demands he be allowed to stand.