Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Is this a secret base of some kind?

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1    Rolci

Rolci

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 542 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 01:28 PM

I have tried looking on the net but did not find anything at all as to what this might be. It's 64 54 n 87 52 w here's a picture of it.

Posted Image

First impression is that it's a giant magnet, you can see the forcefield around it, also note that to the north and south, just inside the circles the water is frozen for some reason, whereas everywhere else, e.g. to the west no trace of ice is to be found. There is a national park to the north, so there must be a way to get there. Anyone living nearby or being able to drive there? :D Or any ideas?

Edited by Rolci, 07 April 2012 - 01:31 PM.

Best piece of truth I have found so far: http://llresearch.or...of_one_pdf.aspx
A truly free society: https://sites.google...t-economy-today
The true history of our planet: http://www.floating-...rth_history.htm
Dialogues with The Absolute: unveiledsecretsandmessagesoflight.blogspot (dot) co (dot) uk/2011/08/eon-11aug2010.html
A wealth of metaphysical readings with a surprisingly high ratio of truth content: soulwise (dot) net/index-00.htm

#2    Lilly

Lilly

Forum Divinity

• 14,666 posts

• "To thine own self be true" William Shakespeare

Posted 07 April 2012 - 01:45 PM

My guess: It's a JPEG artifact see wiki explanation here.

"Ignorance is ignorance. It is a state of mind, not an opinion." ~MID~

"All that live must die, passing through nature into eternity" ~Shakespeare~ Posted Image

#3    .AKUMA.

.AKUMA.

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 818 posts

• The True Warrior Enters The Arena with all his powers
    At the Ready.

Posted 07 April 2012 - 01:49 PM

View PostRolci, on 07 April 2012 - 01:28 PM, said:

I have tried looking on the net but did not find anything at all as to what this might be. It's 64 54 n 87 52 w here's a picture of it.

Posted Image

First impression is that it's a giant magnet, you can see the forcefield around it, also note that to the north and south, just inside the circles the water is frozen for some reason, whereas everywhere else, e.g. to the west no trace of ice is to be found. There is a national park to the north, so there must be a way to get there. Anyone living nearby or being able to drive there? :D Or any ideas?

:blink: How did you manage to perceive a blurry strip of unmapped terrain to be a giant magnet with force fields?

One World, One Order

The Greatest Accomplishment of the Devil, Was Convincing the world he doesn't Exist.

#4    mrbusdriver

mrbusdriver

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,430 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 01:50 PM

That's a real stretch there...

It's northern Canada, where lakes are frozen over most of the year. Probably a lot of snow around as well. That the rectangle is out of focus doesn't mean anything, there are lots of those anomolies around in GE.
I was actually stationed up in those cold climes for a year (Cape Dyer), beautiful area, but cold.
I wouldn't get worked up over it...

#5    Eldorado

Eldorado

Unforgiven

• 9,247 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 02:12 PM

BINGO!

"There are a few most likely reasons for this.

1- No high resolution imagery has been taken of the area in question. First of all, satellites have different quality capabilities. Also, the companies that take the images are not going to take and process high resolution images of areas unless they believe enough people/companies will want to buy them.

2- High resolution images were taken of an area but came out poorly due to cloud cover. (if you ever turn on GE's weather cloud layer, you'll see that on any given day, a lot of the earth is covered by clouds.)

3-High resolution images of an area exist but whatever company or entity  owns them wants too much money from Google to license them. You have to keep in mind that GE is provided free by Google to most users.

Also, the very clear/close pictures that you see of certain areas are usually shot from airplanes, not satellites, as a special purchase."
http://groups.google...ors/Pq8L-6SbRvE

#6    Colonel Rhubarb

Colonel Rhubarb

Scrupulously Polite

• 22,255 posts

• Vampires are people too.

Posted 07 April 2012 - 02:24 PM

That'sprobably just a patch that's at lower resolution than the rest of it, there's probably nothing there to make it worth zooming in on.

Life is a hideous business, and from the background behind what we know of it peer daemoniacal hints of truth which make it sometimes a thousandfold more hideous.

H. P. Lovecraft.

Posted Image

#7    booNyzarC

booNyzarC

Forum Divinity

• Closed
  • 13,536 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 02:30 PM

Oh drat, you've found my secret base.  I guess I'll have to move again.

Curse you Google Earth!!!

:P

#8    bLu3 de 3n3rgy

bLu3 de 3n3rgy

sit vis vobiscum

• 11,868 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 02:52 AM

View Post747400, on 07 April 2012 - 02:24 PM, said:

That'sprobably just a patch that's at lower resolution than the rest of it, there's probably nothing there to make it worth zooming in on.

Or it's exactly why it's patched out because it is of interest to someone either protecting what is there or deemed senstive. If you have ever requested your property be removed from Google Maps, that's what they 'have' to do. Patch/blur it out lol. Just saying.

Edited by AnVil, 08 April 2012 - 02:56 AM.

The Astral Projection Techniques Thread Here
*Golden rule, anything you extract, fill with light -- the universe doesn't like voids to be left.
Posted Image

#9    Coffey

Coffey

Majestic 12 Operative

• 5,670 posts

• "Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts." - Winston Churchill

Posted 26 April 2012 - 10:41 PM

If there was a secret base anywhere in the world that someone didn't want you to know about... You wouldn't be able to tell from google maps. Think about it.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.

#10    Obviousman

Obviousman

Spaced out and plane crazy

• 1,530 posts

• "Truth needs no defence. Nobody - NOBODY - can ever take the footsteps I made on the surface of the Moon away from me."
    Gene Cernan, Apollo 17

Posted 27 April 2012 - 03:25 AM

View PostCoffey, on 26 April 2012 - 10:41 PM, said:

If there was a secret base anywhere in the world that someone didn't want you to know about... You wouldn't be able to tell from google maps. Think about it.

Exactly. If there are "secret bases" (and there probably are few by various governments) then they are well aware of satellite photography and will have their installations well hidden. You be looking right at it with Google and not realise you are looking at anything of interest.

Blurring out a spot on Google is like saying "Look At Me!".

Edited by Obviousman, 27 April 2012 - 03:25 AM.

#11    Czero 101

Czero 101

Earthshattering Kaboom

• 5,004 posts

• We are all made of thermonuclear waste material

Posted 27 April 2012 - 03:37 AM

View PostObviousman, on 27 April 2012 - 03:25 AM, said:

Exactly. If there are "secret bases" (and there probably are few by various governments) then they are well aware of satellite photography and will have their installations well hidden. You be looking right at it with Google and not realise you are looking at anything of interest.

Blurring out a spot on Google is like saying "Look At Me!".

True... but then again, the US Gov't didn't acknowledge that "Area 51" even existed until June 2003, despite aerial and satellite imagery of the Groom Lake area showing details of the base being publicly available at the time.

;)

Cz

"Thinking is critical, because sense is not common..." - GreaterSapien
"Enquiring and doubting the "official story" are also good things .... However when these doubts require you to ignore the evidence, to dishonestly cherry pick evidence and claim it supports your case when it doesn't, when you operate a double standard; demanding proof of that which is already proven whilst making unsupported statements and personal opinions to back your own case and when you deny the truth simply because it IS the official story then you are no longer acting in a rational way. This is not the behaviour of a "different thinker", this is the behaviour of a "believer" who chooses not to rationally think about the evidence at all." - Waspie Dwarf

#12    Obviousman

Obviousman

Spaced out and plane crazy

• 1,530 posts

• "Truth needs no defence. Nobody - NOBODY - can ever take the footsteps I made on the surface of the Moon away from me."
    Gene Cernan, Apollo 17

Posted 27 April 2012 - 06:21 AM

Well, Area 51 might be called a bit of an exemption. It was known for years, people could look at it from the mountains. It is  an interesting discussion point, though.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users