Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Upside down trees

• Please log in to reply
54 replies to this topic

#31    Night Walker

Night Walker

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,046 posts

• We're all storytellers. We all live in a network of stories. There isn't a stronger connection between people than storytelling.

J.M. Smith

Posted 09 April 2012 - 12:35 PM

View PostRlyeh, on 09 April 2012 - 10:42 AM, said:

Maybe bigfoot shot JFK too?

You may be onto something -  Bigfoot is also known to use displays of aggression in order to defend its territory and Texas is a known habitat of Bigfoot...

Perhaps it is the 'footers who are conspiring to suppress the truth:

Posted Image
http://www.unexplain...ic=225034&st=75

Posted Image Yes! Canada's most fearsome predator. The Kodiak Marmoset – it's the world's largest smallest primate. "My God! He's killing us..."

The Yowie-ocalypse is upon us...

#32    Sakari

Sakari

tohi

• 11,999 posts

• Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Posted 09 April 2012 - 06:06 PM

View PostNight Walker, on 09 April 2012 - 12:35 PM, said:

That right there makes me, well, speechless.................

Our Wolf's Memorial Page

http://petsupports.com/a04/sakari.htm

#33    orangepeaceful79

orangepeaceful79

Poltergeist

• Closed
  • 2,461 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 06:14 PM

View PostSakari, on 09 April 2012 - 06:06 PM, said:

That right there makes me, well, speechless.................
Somebody probably told somebody that somebody was blabbing her mouth and skirting the edges of her NDA, so the OP had to request to have it taken down.  lol  the funny part is that everything is all right there...just nobody can add anything else.  So maybe it was all for drama's sake to begin with - a clever ruse to drum up interest in the supposed disclosure.  If Bigfoot existed this whole thing would smell like squatch scat to me.

#34    Sakari

Sakari

tohi

• 11,999 posts

• Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Posted 09 April 2012 - 06:23 PM

View Postorangepeaceful79, on 09 April 2012 - 06:14 PM, said:

Somebody probably told somebody that somebody was blabbing her mouth and skirting the edges of her NDA, so the OP had to request to have it taken down.  lol  the funny part is that everything is all right there...just nobody can add anything else.  So maybe it was all for drama's sake to begin with - a clever ruse to drum up interest in the supposed disclosure.  If Bigfoot existed this whole thing would smell like squatch scat to me.

Well , to me it was someone wanting attention, and lying to get it..........

And they are getting exactly what they wanted......

Maybe I have a friend with information on area 51 :blush:

Our Wolf's Memorial Page

http://petsupports.com/a04/sakari.htm

#35    QuiteContrary

QuiteContrary

BugWhisperer

• 4,649 posts

• "I'm an optimistic, don't know." Onslow

Posted 09 April 2012 - 07:40 PM

View PostRlyeh, on 09 April 2012 - 10:42 AM, said:

Maybe bigfoot shot JFK too?

If you think that hasn't been bandied about by footers, you'd be wrong.
I believe the theory is alien assassination.  :wacko:

As far as Ms. DNA kit closing her thread, I think she may have bit off more than she could chew (answer).

Edited by QuiteContrary, 09 April 2012 - 07:42 PM.

Keep your eyes wide open and don't run!

P.S. Just to be clear, because sometimes I am not. I do not believe...
in the existence of a large previously unknown undiscovered hairy biped roaming North America.
But I like to hear the accounts, read the books, watch the shows, discuss and argue about the phenomenon.

#36    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 30,719 posts

• If you stop to think, Remember to start again

Posted 09 April 2012 - 10:47 PM

Here I was thinking this would be a boaboa thread. Check this link - Redwood National park LINK - go to the last picture on the page. It seems to be more common than not. I know some tree ferns have an extended rhizome and are planted upside down when being relocated.

The Tree fern I find markedly interesting as well as very aesthetically pleasing. They have also long been associated with mystical animals. The tree fern Cibotium barometz, from China and Malaysia, is a short fern with a distinctive furry trunk. The rhizome, which is turned upside down, was mistaken early on as the "vegetable lamb", a strange beast that was thought to be half animal and half plant.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Things are what they are. - Me Reality can't be debunked. That's the beauty of it. - Capeo 'If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants.' - Sir Isaac Newton. "Let me repeat the lesson learned from the Sturrock scientific review panel: Pack up your old data and forget it. Ufology needs new data, new cases, new rigorous and scientific methodologies if it hopes ever to get out of its pit." Ed Stewart. Youtube is the last refuge of the ignorant and is more often used for disinformation than genuine research.  There is a REASON for PEER REVIEW... - Chrlzs. Nothing is inexplicable, just unexplained. - Sir Wearer of Hats.

#37    QuiteContrary

QuiteContrary

BugWhisperer

• 4,649 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 01:32 AM

@ psyche101

Yes, I found several images of the upside down tree in Fern Canyon. Apparently it tumbled down and impaled itself in the creek bed.
Thanks for the link.
Another explanation and no bigfoot involved.
Those "gorillas" on Prince of Wales Island must be up to something else besides tree flipping.

in the existence of a large previously unknown undiscovered hairy biped roaming North America.
But I like to hear the accounts, read the books, watch the shows, discuss and argue about the phenomenon.

#38    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 30,719 posts

• If you stop to think, Remember to start again

Posted 11 April 2012 - 07:16 AM

View PostQuiteContrary, on 10 April 2012 - 01:32 AM, said:

@ psyche101

Yes, I found several images of the upside down tree in Fern Canyon. Apparently it tumbled down and impaled itself in the creek bed.
Thanks for the link.
Another explanation and no bigfoot involved.
Those "gorillas" on Prince of Wales Island must be up to something else besides tree flipping.

Most welcome :D

I actually wondered if that was how that particular tree ended up like that. Funny, that was what I was thinking.

Gee, they would want to be some decent sized gorillas wouldn't they!

Things are what they are. - Me Reality can't be debunked. That's the beauty of it. - Capeo 'If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants.' - Sir Isaac Newton. "Let me repeat the lesson learned from the Sturrock scientific review panel: Pack up your old data and forget it. Ufology needs new data, new cases, new rigorous and scientific methodologies if it hopes ever to get out of its pit." Ed Stewart. Youtube is the last refuge of the ignorant and is more often used for disinformation than genuine research.  There is a REASON for PEER REVIEW... - Chrlzs. Nothing is inexplicable, just unexplained. - Sir Wearer of Hats.

#39    Farmer77

Farmer77

Psychic Spy

• 1,610 posts

• "Science has done its utmost to prevent whatever science has done" - Charles Fort

Posted 11 April 2012 - 08:31 PM

View Postorangepeaceful79, on 09 April 2012 - 03:12 AM, said:

BtAK....what is your thinking with the avalanche zone or chute thing?  Got knocked over by avalanche/rockslide you mean?

Yeah , while its doubtful that a tree would land upside down like that as a result of an avalanche, it would mean that the tree's roots had been dislodged therefore neither super strength nor machinery would be required to place them upside down. Just a couple of drunk teens could pull that off just fine.

I don't suffer from insanity, I rather enjoy it

#40    bamdotslamshot

bamdotslamshot

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 12:39 AM

Same community, society, or group of elite, creative, and wealthy people who have nothing better to do with their time and money pull the strings necessary to pull off these pranks and hoaxes.  Crop circles, UFO sightings, strange sounds, you name it.  They are a  "Hollywood-like" production organization and they are doing nothing more than making their own entertainment for the masses "us" to wonder if there is more to life than the boring and mundane.

#41    DKO

DKO

Ω is Futile.

• 1,830 posts

• When you hear hoofbeats behind you, don't expect to see a zebra - Unless you're in Africa...

Posted 13 January 2013 - 04:41 AM

View Postbamdotslamshot, on 13 January 2013 - 12:39 AM, said:

Same community, society, or group of elite, creative, and wealthy people who have nothing better to do with their time and money pull the strings necessary to pull off these pranks and hoaxes.  Crop circles, UFO sightings, strange sounds, you name it.  They are a  "Hollywood-like" production organization and they are doing nothing more than making their own entertainment for the masses "us" to wonder if there is more to life than the boring and mundane.

Why do you think the wealthy 'elite' are doing these things? I doubt they could be bothered to go out and rip trees out of the ground then re-plant them upside down, or to make crop circles.

All the videos of people making crop circles look like average Joe's, not super wealthy.

The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe it. - Neil DeGrasse Tyson

Confucius Says:

Man who runs behind car gets exhausted.

Man who wants pretty nurse must be patient.

#42    PlanB

PlanB

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 726 posts

• Find out what you love and let it kill you.

Posted 13 January 2013 - 04:54 AM

View PostDKO, on 13 January 2013 - 04:41 AM, said:

Why do you think the wealthy 'elite' are doing these things? I doubt they could be bothered to go out and rip trees out of the ground then re-plant them upside down, or to make crop circles.

All the videos of people making crop circles look like average Joe's, not super wealthy.

That's what the Illuminati/Reptilians/Hollywood wants you to believe.

#43    DKO

DKO

Ω is Futile.

• 1,830 posts

• When you hear hoofbeats behind you, don't expect to see a zebra - Unless you're in Africa...

Posted 13 January 2013 - 05:55 AM

View PostPlanB, on 13 January 2013 - 04:54 AM, said:

That's what the Illuminati/Reptilians/Hollywood wants you to believe.

Damn. They got to me.

The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe it. - Neil DeGrasse Tyson

Confucius Says:

Man who runs behind car gets exhausted.

Man who wants pretty nurse must be patient.

#44    Rafterman

Rafterman

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,387 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 02:05 PM

View Postbamdotslamshot, on 13 January 2013 - 12:39 AM, said:

Funny, the last time I saw a crop circle created, it was by two rednecks with a 2x4 and some rope.

Not really a wealthy and elite society.

"You can't have freedom of religion without having freedom from the religious beliefs of other people."

#45    QuiteContrary

QuiteContrary

BugWhisperer

• 4,649 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 05:31 PM

View PostDKO, on 13 January 2013 - 05:55 AM, said:

Damn. They got to me.

DKO, your avatar cracks me up! Looks like I feel most days...
What is it? A young ostrich?

Edited by QuiteContrary, 13 January 2013 - 05:32 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users