Jump to content




Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.


- - - - -

Freaky dreams that seem really real!


  • Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1    littlemonster92

littlemonster92

    Alien Embryo

  • Member
  • Pip
  • 37 posts
  • Joined:04 Jan 2012
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:UK

Posted 08 April 2012 - 01:19 AM

My dream the other night has really got me thinking so I decided to start a topic to see if anyone has experienced similar dreams to me.

I had a recent dream that I would class as more of a nightmare. I always have weird dreams which I put down to my crazy sleeping pattern and drinking a lot (not to mention the amount of horror movies I watch) but this particular dream was like no other I have experienced and I was completely sober before I went to bed.

In my dream I awoke in the middle of the night, and I was in my own room which looked exactly the same as it does now (everything was in such detail).
However, I was aware of the fact that I couldn't move. No matter how hard I tried it was too much effort to move, it felt like my body was still asleep. My body felt really heavy and I realised there was something or someone sitting on top of me, holding me down.

When I opened my eyes which was a massive effort, I saw something sitting on my chest. It's very hard to describe what I saw, all I can really say was that it was a person (i.e it had a face, and a human body) but it's body and face was completely smoky, and shadow like (if that makes sense) and even though this sounds silly, I am not joking when I say it had little horns. It didn't say or do anything apart from sit there and look back at me. I don't even know if it was male or female.

That is all I remember, I think I just went back to sleep but it was very vivid the next day.

Probably the most freaky dream I have had in a LONG time!!!


#2    _Only

_Only

  • Member
  • 6,666 posts
  • Joined:24 Oct 2008
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Northern California

  • Did you ever grow anything in the garden of your mind? You can grow ideas, in the garden of your mind. - Mr. Rogers

Posted 08 April 2012 - 01:24 AM

Sounds like you experienced sleep paralysis. Surprisingly common thing, even down to the shadow pushing down on your chest. Check out some threads on here that mention sleep paralysis/shadow people. Pretty interesting stuff, especially for you.

I love to make mashups! Click here to hear!
I also love taking pictures! Click here to see!
I love to play drums, too! Whatever you do, don't click here!

#3    White Crane Feather

White Crane Feather

    Forum Divinity

  • Member
  • 12,120 posts
  • Joined:12 Jul 2010
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:California

  • Potter: " is this real or is this in my mind?"

    Dumbledore: " Of course it's in your mind....., but that dosn't mean it's not real."

Posted 08 April 2012 - 01:30 AM

 littlemonster92, on 08 April 2012 - 01:19 AM, said:

My dream the other night has really got me thinking so I decided to start a topic to see if anyone has experienced similar dreams to me.

I had a recent dream that I would class as more of a nightmare. I always have weird dreams which I put down to my crazy sleeping pattern and drinking a lot (not to mention the amount of horror movies I watch) but this particular dream was like no other I have experienced and I was completely sober before I went to bed.

In my dream I awoke in the middle of the night, and I was in my own room which looked exactly the same as it does now (everything was in such detail).
However, I was aware of the fact that I couldn't move. No matter how hard I tried it was too much effort to move, it felt like my body was still asleep. My body felt really heavy and I realised there was something or someone sitting on top of me, holding me down.

When I opened my eyes which was a massive effort, I saw something sitting on my chest. It's very hard to describe what I saw, all I can really say was that it was a person (i.e it had a face, and a human body) but it's body and face was completely smoky, and shadow like (if that makes sense) and even though this sounds silly, I am not joking when I say it had little horns. It didn't say or do anything apart from sit there and look back at me. I don't even know if it was male or female.

That is all I remember, I think I just went back to sleep but it was very vivid the next day.

Probably the most freaky dream I have had in a LONG time!!!
It would be wise to take a self reflective look at your lifestyle. Let me know if you need any help.



"I wish neither to possess, Nor to be possessed. I no longer covet paradise, more important, I no longer fear hell. The medicine for my suffering I had within me from the very beginning, but I did not take it. My ailment came from within myself, But I did not observe it until this moment. Now I see that I will never find the light.  Unless, like the candle, I am my own fuel, Consuming myself. "
Bruce Lee-

#4    rudeboymikee

rudeboymikee

    Alien Embryo

  • Member
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Joined:03 Dec 2010
  • Gender:Male

Posted 08 April 2012 - 02:59 AM

Definitely sleep paralysis! And nice video seeker!


#5    _Only

_Only

  • Member
  • 6,666 posts
  • Joined:24 Oct 2008
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Northern California

  • Did you ever grow anything in the garden of your mind? You can grow ideas, in the garden of your mind. - Mr. Rogers

Posted 08 April 2012 - 03:57 AM

Except for the cheesy Exorcist music and scary first 2 minutes that would probably turn away about 60% of scared viewers who recently experienced this. And not that important, but "alians"? Bit harder to be taught something by someone who misspells a common word like that, but maybe it's just me. Definitely could've left out the creepy music in the beginning, though.

Edited by _Only, 08 April 2012 - 03:58 AM.

I love to make mashups! Click here to hear!
I also love taking pictures! Click here to see!
I love to play drums, too! Whatever you do, don't click here!

#6    White Crane Feather

White Crane Feather

    Forum Divinity

  • Member
  • 12,120 posts
  • Joined:12 Jul 2010
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:California

  • Potter: " is this real or is this in my mind?"

    Dumbledore: " Of course it's in your mind....., but that dosn't mean it's not real."

Posted 08 April 2012 - 04:37 AM

 _Only, on 08 April 2012 - 03:57 AM, said:

Except for the cheesy Exorcist music and scary first 2 minutes that would probably turn away about 60% of scared viewers who recently experienced this. And not that important, but "alians"? Bit harder to be taught something by someone who misspells a common word like that, but maybe it's just me. Definitely could've left out the creepy music in the beginning, though.
Haha sorry... There are a bunch of other things wrong with it to. I made it in twenty minutes in bed on my iPhone splice app I don't proof read much if you can't tell. Considering it was made on my phone, it's not that bad. I used that music and format because it's exactly how another video starts on YouTube using some similar imagry  that's full of BS about demons trying to control you and such. I mirrored their format even the song then changed the tune mostly in mockery.

I have a successful business partially built on my marketing skills. Anyone searching the net to discover will be drawn in by the drama. We are naturally attracted to negativity. Mistakes like the one mentioned also have a psychological affect of unprofessionalism which makes people at ease with relationships because they know you are not trying to sell them on something. This  is exactly the message I intend to send. My business has nothing to do with sleep paralysis. The video came about as a simple way to help people with the problem without going into lengthy private messages nearly 5 times a week. As I stated I ripped it out so fast  mostly because I kept thinking about it and I had to get it out before I could sleep.

It's to bad you judge people based on spelling. I have extensive experience and dozens of thank you letters from people that have conquered this problem in their life.

By the way your own paragraph is full of simple errors especially the lak of subjects in your sentences. Simple sentence structure is pretty easy to understand, unless you are speaking mandarin or similar highly contextual language that uses implied subjects and consistant passive voice like you do ;) don't worry I do it all the time and worse as you pointed out :).  ( wo shou edian putong hua. yinggi shwei ba) I think I butchered that to, but it's an example of implied subjects in mandarin.

It's just odd Somone would have bad grammar while criticising Somone on grammar. It makes me question the motivations behind posting it in the first place.

Edited by Seeker79, 08 April 2012 - 04:54 AM.

"I wish neither to possess, Nor to be possessed. I no longer covet paradise, more important, I no longer fear hell. The medicine for my suffering I had within me from the very beginning, but I did not take it. My ailment came from within myself, But I did not observe it until this moment. Now I see that I will never find the light.  Unless, like the candle, I am my own fuel, Consuming myself. "
Bruce Lee-

#7    _Only

_Only

  • Member
  • 6,666 posts
  • Joined:24 Oct 2008
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Northern California

  • Did you ever grow anything in the garden of your mind? You can grow ideas, in the garden of your mind. - Mr. Rogers

Posted 08 April 2012 - 05:20 AM

My post would probably make more sense if I had quoted the above, which I was replying to. But, honestly, I was going to get rid of that alian part, but figured no one would mind. Was kidding. If I'd have known someone in the thread made the video, I wouldn't have written it.

Your slightly camouflaged bullet successfully hit, though. Merely a flesh wound.

You said in your video what the presence in sleep paralysis isn't, but not what it is. I've never heard anyone give an opinion on what that chest/neck holding being is, besides the usual demon explanation.

I love to make mashups! Click here to hear!
I also love taking pictures! Click here to see!
I love to play drums, too! Whatever you do, don't click here!

#8    White Crane Feather

White Crane Feather

    Forum Divinity

  • Member
  • 12,120 posts
  • Joined:12 Jul 2010
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:California

  • Potter: " is this real or is this in my mind?"

    Dumbledore: " Of course it's in your mind....., but that dosn't mean it's not real."

Posted 08 April 2012 - 06:11 AM

 _Only, on 08 April 2012 - 05:20 AM, said:

My post would probably make more sense if I had quoted the above, which I was replying to. But, honestly, I was going to get rid of that alian part, but figured no one would mind. Was kidding. If I'd have known someone in the thread made the video, I wouldn't have written it.

Your slightly camouflaged bullet successfully hit, though. Merely a flesh wound.

You said in your video what the presence in sleep paralysis isn't, but not what it is. I've never heard anyone give an opinion on what that chest/neck holding being is, besides the usual demon explanation.
Sorry only, I guess you struck my competitive side, ( not hard to do actually) and i suppose if it bothers me, I should actually take the time to proofered and re upload it. Actually I was kind of expecting it evenchually. I suppose if I want to defend the merits of the material, I should not give any major footholds like that against possible critics. Thanks for the opportunity to reflect on that.

As to what the thing actually is. Well I don't post my opinion on the video because no matter what people say, it's unverifiable. My methods are sound and I know what it is not by shere experience.

The dynamics of altered state realities/spiritworld/deep trance.... Whatever someone wants to call it, are not intuitive, often have very complex duel meanings, and are never what they at first apear to be. In mental spaces and quite possibly inner dimentions labels and egos begin to evaporate. Human parallels hint more at our connectedness rather than the subjectiveness of Human experience.

This is an exoerienced opinion only. The "entity" in question on a lower level of understanding is a challenger. It's job is to hold you back, if you have not conquered your fears.

On a higher level of awareness it is a self imposed challenge that only really goes away after you have taken responsibility for it.

On a materialist level of thinking, it's most likely a universal genetic response to being animals that sleep. Animals are most vulnerable while sleeping. It makes perfect sense that there is a deep evolutionary program that we fear being attacked in our sleep. Why it has such prallel manifestations is beyond me. Cultural influance is easily ruled out.

Take your pic. As with all altered state experiences, the interpretations are as varied as the wind. It would be a mistake to narrow one definition because it simply is not known.

"I wish neither to possess, Nor to be possessed. I no longer covet paradise, more important, I no longer fear hell. The medicine for my suffering I had within me from the very beginning, but I did not take it. My ailment came from within myself, But I did not observe it until this moment. Now I see that I will never find the light.  Unless, like the candle, I am my own fuel, Consuming myself. "
Bruce Lee-

#9    _Only

_Only

  • Member
  • 6,666 posts
  • Joined:24 Oct 2008
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Northern California

  • Did you ever grow anything in the garden of your mind? You can grow ideas, in the garden of your mind. - Mr. Rogers

Posted 08 April 2012 - 07:03 AM

 Seeker79, on 08 April 2012 - 06:11 AM, said:

This is an exoerienced opinion only. The "entity" in question on a lower level of understanding is a challenger. It's job is to hold you back, if you have not conquered your fears.

On a higher level of awareness it is a self imposed challenge that only really goes away after you have taken responsibility for it.

That's what I thought the experience was, but oddly haven't seen anyone say that around here before.

I love to make mashups! Click here to hear!
I also love taking pictures! Click here to see!
I love to play drums, too! Whatever you do, don't click here!

#10    jules99

jules99

    Psychic Spy

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,052 posts
  • Joined:07 Oct 2009

Posted 08 April 2012 - 08:09 AM

 _Only, on 08 April 2012 - 07:03 AM, said:

That's what I thought the experience was, but oddly haven't seen anyone say that around here before.
Thanks _Only and Seeker79;
When I was a teenager I had a couple of these type dreams and they do stay with you. Admittedly I had no idea though I had seen the demon image B4 and heard of succubus and incubus and read up a bit of historical info etc..
Youve both led me to a better understanding..

Edited by jules99, 08 April 2012 - 08:11 AM.


#11    Mr Walker

Mr Walker

    Forum Divinity

  • Member
  • 16,066 posts
  • Joined:09 Nov 2005
  • Gender:Not Selected
  • Location:Australia

  • Sometimes the Phantom leaves the jungle, and walks the streets of the city like an ordinary man.

Posted 08 April 2012 - 12:22 PM

its a well known physicla phenomenum which I have never encountered in 60 years of lucid dreaming and Obeing It is called the Old hag syndrome
http://paranormal.ab...ag-Syndrome.htm

i have read the modern medical explanation for it, but i will have to search again for it. It is basically because your body is stil partly in "sleep mode" or operating subconsciously (there is a close interface between conscious and subconscious thought at the edge of sleep and awakening which can be  connected, so that you operate on both levels) In the "old hag" it seems that, while you are conscious, your subconscious is still in control of your body. Your consciousness is telling you to move but your subconscious is not letting you. Once you fully wake up and are in conscious control of your body the sensation ceases.
One medical argument is that the brain switches off the interface between thought and movement in sleep, so that we do not actaully move, as our body dreams.  This prevents us form hurting ourself during sleep, and is an evolved response.

If we happen to wake up while our body is still "switched off" from our brain, we can be conscious, but unable to move. We may also encounter dream symbologies like demons etc., consciously, rather than just in our subconscious (dream state) because, again, we are still largely in a dream state, yet conscious.

In reversing this condition, you can take command of your subconscious and begin obeing at will, as well as constructing dreamscapes and fully controlled lucid dreaming.In other words your conscious mind controls, or at least cooperates with, your subconscious thought processes, and allows you to deliberately  create the symbolic imagery which makes up dreams, at will. You become a "dream artist" creating worlds characters and storylines.

I can only imagine how terrifying such an experience could be, but hopefully knowing it has a mundane physical cause helps a bit. And you might even seize the ability to link your conscious and subconscious minds to help yourself with lucid dreaming and obeing.

The syndrome is often associated with bouts of lucid draming although, as i said, i have never experienced it, and i  undertake controlled lucid dream every night.

Edited by Mr Walker, 08 April 2012 - 12:36 PM.

You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars; you have a right to be here. And whether or not it is clear to you, no doubt the universe is unfolding as it should.

Therefore be at peace with God, whatever you conceive Him to be, and whatever your labors and aspirations, in the noisy confusion of life keep peace with your soul.

With all its sham, drudgery and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world..

Be cheerful.

Strive to be happy.

#12    littlemonster92

littlemonster92

    Alien Embryo

  • Member
  • Pip
  • 37 posts
  • Joined:04 Jan 2012
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:UK

Posted 08 April 2012 - 09:59 PM

Thanks for the feedback and nice video seeker!

After researching sleep paralysis it makes sense what I'm experiencing. I do put it down to my hectic lifestyle at the moment, as I have only been experiencing sleep paralysis since starting Uni and my sleeping patterns are really messed up. Not to mention I'm out most nights! I will try and take into account the video though and maybe try out some of the techniques when I next experience sleep paralysis, who knows what will happen :)





0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users