Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

A question about aliens

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#16    Paxus

Paxus

Poltergeist

• 2,743 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 01:36 PM

View Postitsnotoutthere, on 08 April 2012 - 06:20 PM, said:

Why are all aliens naked?
Especially, why are the aliens in that abortion 'Signs'(movie), naked (When they are an ADVANCED race capable of stealth technology and interstellar travel but will DIE if they come in contact with water and are VISITING A WATER PLANET)??

#17    Rlyeh

Rlyeh

Forum Divinity

• 10,566 posts

• Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Posted 09 April 2012 - 02:31 PM

View PostPaxus, on 09 April 2012 - 01:36 PM, said:

Especially, why are the aliens in that abortion 'Signs'(movie), naked (When they are an ADVANCED race capable of stealth technology and interstellar travel but will DIE if they come in contact with water and are VISITING A WATER PLANET)??
Seems a bit silly they even left their ships as the atmosphere also contains water vapor.

#18    Otto von Pickelhaube

Otto von Pickelhaube

A complete moral vacuum

• 30,126 posts

• Vampires are people too.

Posted 09 April 2012 - 06:04 PM

View PostPaxus, on 09 April 2012 - 01:36 PM, said:

Jim Kirk never had that problem, did he; every planet they came to not only had an oxygen-rich atmosphere, but just the right amount of Gravity. Do you suppose they checked these things first before beaming down? It might have been a bit unfortunate if they didn't, since they never seemed to possess anything like a spacesuit ...

If, as it seems, we are in the process of becoming a totalitarian society in which the state apparatus is all-powerful, the ethics most important for the survival of the true, free, human individual would be: cheat, lie, evade, fake it, be elsewhere, forge documents, build improved electronic gadgets in your garage that’ll outwit the gadgets used by the authorities.

- Philip K. Dick.

#19    itsnotoutthere

itsnotoutthere

Telekinetic

• 7,170 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 06:20 PM

View Post747400, on 09 April 2012 - 06:04 PM, said:

Jim Kirk never had that problem, did he; every planet they came to not only had an oxygen-rich atmosphere, but just the right amount of Gravity. Do you suppose they checked these things first before beaming down? It might have been a bit unfortunate if they didn't, since they never seemed to possess anything like a spacesuit ...

Interesting point & one that makes 'Star Wars' & many other sci-fi films look a bit lame.

p.s. I just finished reading a book about the birth of the planet earth & how we evolved & was interested to note that the precise mixture of elements, chemicals & gases in our atmosphere are so necessary to human life that a change in the mixture of just a few percent either way would mean we would not exist.

Edited by itsnotoutthere, 09 April 2012 - 06:32 PM.

“Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies.”
― Groucho Marx

#20    Andromedan StarSeed

Andromedan StarSeed

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 939 posts

• Technician of the sacred

Posted 09 April 2012 - 08:06 PM

The materials are mostly interceller micro fabric, people use the word term of alien to label due to other meanings like out of country that come in to USA aslo same menaing as well as from distant star systems. Even though there are similar labels people used instead of alien. Other then that trinthakias I’m only here for time being until further notices.

Isnotoutthere that’s best of my ability to spell in English other words I haven’t used my original language on these forums.

I channel in order to dream, Inspiring intuition.
I seal the input of abundance, With the resonant tone of attunement.
I am guided by the power of vision.

#21    Sensible Logic

Sensible Logic

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 746 posts

• If I alter the reality to fit the fantasy I can prove anything.

Posted 09 April 2012 - 08:12 PM

No but they did have a smashing beekeeper suit

Posted Image

The sheer odds of a civilization advancing, developing space travel, deciding to search our little corner of the galaxy, arriving at just the right time and actually helping us is so huge, you would have a greater chance of winning several lotteries in a single year. - SensibleLogic

#22    Rlyeh

Rlyeh

Forum Divinity

• 10,566 posts

• Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Posted 10 April 2012 - 08:11 AM

View PostAndromedan StarSeed, on 09 April 2012 - 08:06 PM, said:

The materials are mostly interceller micro fabric, people use the word term of alien to label due to other meanings like out of country that come in to USA aslo same menaing as well as from distant star systems. Even though there are similar labels people used instead of alien. Other then that trinthakias I'm only here for time being until further notices.

Isnotoutthere that's best of my ability to spell in English other words I haven't used my original language on these forums.
Does the psychiatric ward have internet access?

#23    quillius

quillius

52.0839° N, 1.4328° E

• 5,590 posts

• A man should look for what is, and not for what he thinks should be.
    Albert Einstein

Posted 10 April 2012 - 08:13 AM

I think there has been many cases where the 'spacesuit/clothes' are skin tight which could easily = naked with no reproductive organs.

#24    psyche101

psyche101

The Customer.

• 38,300 posts

• If you stop to think, Remember to start again

Posted 11 April 2012 - 06:04 AM

View Post747400, on 09 April 2012 - 08:38 AM, said:

That's actually a reasonable point. What are the reasons Humans usually wear clothes? For protection from cold, as a practical use, and to conceal the regenerative organs, because of cultural prejudices originating from religious grounds. The Greys don't seem to have reproductive organs, do they; perhaps they have some other method of reproducing, or perhaps they reproduce through genetic engineering. So probably they don't have cultural prejudices against nudity.

With Greys, it might be a big all in one suit. That might explain those big black eyes?

Things are what they are. - Me Reality can't be debunked. That's the beauty of it. - Capeo If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants. - Sir Isaac Newton Let me repeat the lesson learned from the Sturrock scientific review panel: Pack up your old data and forget it. Ufology needs new data, new cases, new rigorous and scientific methodologies if it hopes ever to get out of its pit. - Ed Stewart Youtube is the last refuge of the ignorant and is more often used for disinformation than genuine research.  There is a REASON for PEER REVIEW... - Chrlzs Nothing is inexplicable, just unexplained. - Dr Who

#25    psyche101

psyche101

The Customer.

• 38,300 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 06:07 AM

Posted Image

Things are what they are. - Me Reality can't be debunked. That's the beauty of it. - Capeo If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants. - Sir Isaac Newton Let me repeat the lesson learned from the Sturrock scientific review panel: Pack up your old data and forget it. Ufology needs new data, new cases, new rigorous and scientific methodologies if it hopes ever to get out of its pit. - Ed Stewart Youtube is the last refuge of the ignorant and is more often used for disinformation than genuine research.  There is a REASON for PEER REVIEW... - Chrlzs Nothing is inexplicable, just unexplained. - Dr Who

#26    quillius

quillius

52.0839° N, 1.4328° E

• 5,590 posts

Albert Einstein

Posted 11 April 2012 - 08:12 AM

View Postpsyche101, on 11 April 2012 - 06:04 AM, said:

With Greys, it might be a big all in one suit. That might explain those big black eyes?

:yes:

ET (the film) does slightly work against this theory  :lol:

#27    psyche101

psyche101

The Customer.

• 38,300 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 01:08 AM

View Postquillius, on 11 April 2012 - 08:12 AM, said:

:yes:

ET (the film) does slightly work against this theory  :lol:

Ahh, but he does not have those big black eyes! It might be more along the lines of that old joke about the husband commenting to his wife about her birthday suit needing ironing :D

Posted Image

Greys on the other hand:

Posted Image

Look very smooth and featureless like a suit :D

#28    quillius

quillius

52.0839° N, 1.4328° E

• 5,590 posts

Albert Einstein

Posted 12 April 2012 - 08:30 AM

View Postpsyche101, on 12 April 2012 - 01:08 AM, said:

Ahh, but he does not have those big black eyes! It might be more along the lines of that old joke about the husband commenting to his wife about her birthday suit needing ironing :D

Posted Image

Greys on the other hand:

Posted Image

Look very smooth and featureless like a suit :D

:w00t:  :lol: excellent.

Maybe ETs blue eyes came from a lonely nordic type and a lonely grey type stuck on a planet alone for some time...I am sure you get the picture  :P

#29    Sensible Logic

Sensible Logic

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 746 posts

• If I alter the reality to fit the fantasy I can prove anything.

Posted 12 April 2012 - 04:20 PM

View Postquillius, on 10 April 2012 - 08:13 AM, said:

I think there has been many cases where the 'spacesuit/clothes' are skin tight which could easily = naked with no reproductive organs.

That reminds me of the Forbidden Planet swim scene

The sheer odds of a civilization advancing, developing space travel, deciding to search our little corner of the galaxy, arriving at just the right time and actually helping us is so huge, you would have a greater chance of winning several lotteries in a single year. - SensibleLogic

#30    quillius

quillius

52.0839° N, 1.4328° E

• 5,590 posts

Albert Einstein

Posted 12 April 2012 - 04:35 PM

View PostSensible Logic, on 12 April 2012 - 04:20 PM, said:

That reminds me of the Forbidden Planet swim scene

:lol:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users