Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Question for believers.

• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

#1    orangepeaceful79

orangepeaceful79

Poltergeist

• Closed
  • 2,461 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 07:17 PM

This is a question for the believers in the group mostly.  Which cryptids (if any) DON'T you believe in?  Why?

#2    Yes_Man

Yes_Man

hi

• 8,052 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 07:50 PM

I would say the Jersey Devil because there is no photo of it and there is no evidence of any animal or demon that exists.

#3    Rlyeh

Rlyeh

Omnipotent Entity

• 8,928 posts

• Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Posted 08 April 2012 - 08:15 PM

The hyrax that can imitate anything, even apparently human speech.

#4    Tia

Tia

The Naughty Angel.

• 6,272 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 10:36 AM

Basically I'd question everything except for Hairy Guys and that's because of first hand experience with them.

Edited by Tia, 10 April 2012 - 10:38 AM.

First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win. Gandhi.
HEY I WON!

#5    designer

designer

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 238 posts

• I believe.

Posted 10 April 2012 - 12:50 PM

Jersey devil, the discriptions sound too much like a large bat or owl. there are many that I don't believe are real animals, but more like interdimensional beings coming and going.

Carol in NC

Posted Image
EMMA
Give a shelter dog a chance. They'll give you their heart.

#6    Javid86

Javid86

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 45 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 01:21 PM

Id have to say the most famous one I dont believe in is the Loch ness monster. Theres only so many places that thing can hide and we havent found it.

The mediator between the mind and hands must be the heart.

#7    SeekerSeekerTruth

SeekerSeekerTruth

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 10:10 AM

View PostJavid86, on 10 April 2012 - 01:21 PM, said:

Id have to say the most famous one I dont believe in is the Loch ness monster. Theres only so many places that thing can hide and we havent found it.

You should find it interesting to google Loc ness in scottland and  ocean underground tunnel system in America and all over the world, and or Ancient Native American Indian Legends.
The Loc ness has been around and if it exist,which could be the shapeshifters, this Loc ness may have family and there may be more than one.
I think there have been sightings in SF Bay, too.
Check YouTube!

#8    orangepeaceful79

orangepeaceful79

Poltergeist

• Closed
  • 2,461 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 02:07 PM

View PostSeekerSeekerTruth, on 11 April 2012 - 10:10 AM, said:

You should find it interesting to google Loc ness in scottland and  ocean underground tunnel system in America and all over the world, and or Ancient Native American Indian Legends.
The Loc ness has been around and if it exist,which could be the shapeshifters, this Loc ness may have family and there may be more than one.
I think there have been sightings in SF Bay, too.
Check YouTube!
Say what now?  This thread isn't to debate cryptids, just to find out if there are any that people don't find credible enough to believe in.

#9    Conrad Clough

Conrad Clough

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 144 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 02:38 PM

I question chupacabra (as a distinct species and not a miss-identification).

While I would like to believe in most lake monsters (nessie, champ, oggopogo, etc.) I have a hard time overcoming the objections (mainly food supply limits, minimum population density, and the fact that if they are not fish of some sort, they would need to breach the surface to breath much more often and thus be seen a lot more than they are).

#10    Anne-Marie

Anne-Marie

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 20 posts

• All credibility, all good
    conscience, all evidence of
    truth come only from the
    senses. Friedrich Nietzsche

Posted 11 April 2012 - 02:54 PM

I'm going with Jersey Devil, Mothman, Loveland Frog etc.

But I know of one cryptid that definitely exists. The little goblin who keeps messing up the house every time I turn my back. He likes raiding the fridge too. *sigh* good thing I love the li'l devil.

#11    JohnnyRico

JohnnyRico

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 09:34 PM

View Postorangepeaceful79, on 08 April 2012 - 07:17 PM, said:

This is a question for the believers in the group mostly.  Which cryptids (if any) DON'T you believe in?  Why?

Excellent topic Orange.

And I applaud the honesty of any believer who replies.  As a non-believer, I find it fascinating what people choose to believe in or not.

For example, some people in my circle don't believe in Bigfoot, yet choose to believe in the big guy upstairs.  Yet, both entities have appeared throughout recorded history for roughly the same length of time (albiet, Bigfoot was described as a wildman in some past cultures).  I would even argue that there is more proof for the existence of Bigfoot than an almighty deity.  "Footers" can at least point to some grainy footage and footprints.  What can the deists offer as proof - the sky above us?

#12    orangepeaceful79

orangepeaceful79

Poltergeist

• Closed
  • 2,461 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 09:59 PM

View PostJohnnyRico, on 11 April 2012 - 09:34 PM, said:

Excellent topic Orange.

And I applaud the honesty of any believer who replies.  As a non-believer, I find it fascinating what people choose to believe in or not.

For example, some people in my circle don't believe in Bigfoot, yet choose to believe in the big guy upstairs.  Yet, both entities have appeared throughout recorded history for roughly the same length of time (albiet, Bigfoot was described as a wildman in some past cultures).  I would even argue that there is more proof for the existence of Bigfoot than an almighty deity.  "Footers" can at least point to some grainy footage and footprints.  What can the deists offer as proof - the sky above us?
Thanks.  I just thought it would be interesting to see the diversity in beliefs.  I think that our separate camps, skeptics and believers, tend to polarize the other side, lumping them all together under one umbrella or another.  I just figured that there was probably more of a spectrum of belief and wanted to see if I was right.  Thanks to everyone who has posted so far.

#13    Farmer77

Farmer77

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,610 posts

• "Science has done its utmost to prevent whatever science has done" - Charles Fort

Posted 11 April 2012 - 10:01 PM

I believe in possibilities, not necessarily absolutes. Still I guess that makes me a believer on a certain level.

IMO the majority of the Asian and African cryptids seem to be much more a spiritual metaphor than tales of an actual creature. (Mokele mbembe being the exception)

As for the majors: BF,Yeti, Nessie, iliamna lake monster,  heck even el Chupacabra (as originally described not the mangy K9's) all seem to be possibilities based on historical, anthropological and eyewitness testimony IMO.

I don't suffer from insanity, I rather enjoy it

#14    SeekerSeekerTruth

SeekerSeekerTruth

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 10:22 PM

Yes, awesome subject..
As I grew up I thought it was strange to have such a living thing on the land of this world... Kinda scary!
But as I've read so much history, and stumbled upon the many different views of our secret socities it has given me a different view and a wider range of sure possibilities where these things can very much exist.
It is important to keep our minds open for these mere possibilities that can be a reality.
One thing I know today is we are living a fantasy life right now, and our past and our future are the true realities in our time.
Because of the possibility of ET or UFO sitings and their existence we have to wonder are they here already? Have they been here? Do they come and go?
These bigfoots, Yeti's, sausquach... They could be Alien's protecting a magical land where the Lumerian beings live.
They are supposedly the survivors of the Atomic war 13,500 years ago between Lumeria and Atlantis. That is when the continents divided.
The Sierra Desert is dead because of that Bomb.

So to me It's interesting that this planet has already been smart enough to build that and end up using it. To me it seems the Aliens are the ones sharing the information all
through time.
So, yes. It is possible 100% these things exist. Only because a certain path of our History points in this direction!
There are many mysteries in our World, and it's not all accounted for until the puzzle pieces fall together.
It does have a lot to do with the past 4,000 years of our history....and of course it goes back to the beginning of time.
Hyroglifics galore in Egyptian and many Native tribes explaining UFO intelligence.
Also,
The bible mentions Chariots of Fire a few times!
Take Care!!!
George Washington,
Ben Franklin,
Thomas Jefferson,
Thomas Paine to name a few were Diest.
Believing in things in the outer realm. Not believing in any certain religion.
All for good cause, too. Because what if that's true?
These were men who started off our country. And our country is huge on religion.
And speaks of the Fallen Angels.
All these things point to Alien involvement and with this in the

#15    SeekerSeekerTruth

SeekerSeekerTruth

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 10:25 PM

Con't from last post!

Picture... Anything is possible!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users