Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Crowd Beats, Strips & Robs Tourist

• Please log in to reply
86 replies to this topic

#16    H.H. Holmes

H.H. Holmes

Rebel Without A Cause

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,672 posts

• I'm going platinum...

Posted 09 April 2012 - 04:58 PM

View PostLeonardo, on 09 April 2012 - 01:26 PM, said:

There is absolutely no justification for suggesting these people committed the offence simply because they are black - which is what your OP amounts to accusing them of.

This is exactly the sort of profiling that fosters the sort of hatred and behaviour witnessed in the video.

How do you know if this was racially motivated or revenge for racial profiling? There is no evidence of that from the video. It looked more like an assault and robbery to me, it could have happened to anyone out there who happened to be an easy target. How many robberies happen in downtown Baltimore? Probably a huge number, this is just one of those that happened to be caught on tape and involved a white person (which probably isn't the normal victim, most violence committed by blacks is against other blacks). Even if it was somekind of retaliation for discrimination, it doesn't make their actions any more acceptable.

Anyways, this man was an idiot. I don't know how he got himself in that kind of situation, but he should have known better being the only white man in that whole group. He didn't even look like he was from around the same area or from the same local sub-culture, which makes him even more of a target. White and middle-class being downtown surrounded by people with a gang mentality is bad, almost like a black man going into certain parts of the deep south all gangstered out. I bet this whole thing was planned from the get go, it was very coordinated. He was just such an easy target to rob and commit violence upon, he had absolutely noone on his side.

Edited by H.H. Holmes, 09 April 2012 - 04:59 PM.

Knowledge Speaks, Wisdom Listens- Jimi Hendrix
Admiration for a quality or an art can be so strong that it deters us from striving to possess it.-Friedrich Nietzsche
The day which we fear as our last is but the birthday of eternity.-Lucius Annaeus Seneca
You must not lose faith in humanity. Humanity is an ocean; if a few drops of the ocean are dirty, the ocean does not become dirty.-Mohandas Gandhi

#17    eqgumby

eqgumby

Telekinetic

• 7,576 posts

• If you have genuine psi-powers, you can change the world overnight. So do it, or stop playing Dragon-Ball Z with my brain!

Posted 09 April 2012 - 05:04 PM

View Postconspiracybeliever, on 09 April 2012 - 04:38 PM, said:

Actually you don't have to live in the hood anymore. There is profiling being done all over the country. Vermont may be only 1% black but we have plenty of ******s. It is in the form of single mothers and children. Apparently it's working out for most just like the profiling of blacks.
Right, single mothers and children are profiled...
#whitepeopleproblems

Credentials/Background<--This is a link!

It's not about tolerance and it's certainly not about searching for truth. It's about the chic of the intelligentsia. ---  Harmon-E Cherry
http://chzgifs.files...chucknorris.gif

#18    eqgumby

eqgumby

Telekinetic

• 7,576 posts

• If you have genuine psi-powers, you can change the world overnight. So do it, or stop playing Dragon-Ball Z with my brain!

Posted 09 April 2012 - 05:07 PM

If that had been a black guy, you KNOW Rev's Jesse and Sharpton would have been on the first flight out of Florida! NO doubt!

It's not about tolerance and it's certainly not about searching for truth. It's about the chic of the intelligentsia. ---  Harmon-E Cherry

#19    Clyde the Glyde

Clyde the Glyde

Psychic Spy

• 1,861 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 05:20 PM

Racial tensions sure have been heating up as of late.

It kind of makes you wonder if there are those who actually want a race war.

#20    H.H. Holmes

H.H. Holmes

Rebel Without A Cause

• 1,672 posts

• I'm going platinum...

Posted 09 April 2012 - 05:22 PM

View Posteqgumby, on 09 April 2012 - 05:07 PM, said:

If that had been a black guy, you KNOW Rev's Jesse and Sharpton would have been on the first flight out of Florida! NO doubt!

If that was a group of white guys ambushing a black man like that, then there would be riots in the streets and Al Sharpton would be all over it with 24/7 coverage and commentary.

It is the hypocrisy of the so-called "civil rights" activists that remain today to fan the flames of racial divide.

Admiration for a quality or an art can be so strong that it deters us from striving to possess it.-Friedrich Nietzsche
The day which we fear as our last is but the birthday of eternity.-Lucius Annaeus Seneca
You must not lose faith in humanity. Humanity is an ocean; if a few drops of the ocean are dirty, the ocean does not become dirty.-Mohandas Gandhi

#21    eqgumby

eqgumby

Telekinetic

• 7,576 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 05:27 PM

View PostH.H. Holmes, on 09 April 2012 - 05:22 PM, said:

If that was a group of white guys ambushing a black man like that, then there would be riots in the streets and Al Sharpton would be all over it with 24/7 coverage and commentary.

It is the hypocrisy of the so-called "civil rights" activists that remain today to fan the flames of racial divide.
Unfortunately, it's big-business for these people too.

#22    Dis Pater

Dis Pater

Alien Embryo

• Closed
  • Pip
  • 76 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 05:33 PM

View PostH.H. Holmes, on 09 April 2012 - 04:58 PM, said:

How do you know if this was racially motivated or revenge for racial profiling? There is no evidence of that from the video. It looked more like an assault and robbery to me, it could have happened to anyone out there who happened to be an easy target. How many robberies happen in downtown Baltimore? Probably a huge number, this is just one of those that happened to be caught on tape and involved a white person (which probably isn't the normal victim, most violence committed by blacks is against other blacks). Even if it was somekind of retaliation for discrimination, it doesn't make their actions any more acceptable.

Anyways, this man was an idiot. I don't know how he got himself in that kind of situation, but he should have known better being the only white man in that whole group. He didn't even look like he was from around the same area or from the same local sub-culture, which makes him even more of a target. White and middle-class being downtown surrounded by people with a gang mentality is bad, almost like a black man going into certain parts of the deep south all gangstered out. I bet this whole thing was planned from the get go, it was very coordinated. He was just such an easy target to rob and commit violence upon, he had absolutely noone on his side.

Being an idiot for getting himself in that situation is one thing.......how many of those in that scene have possibly instigated that situation for the benefit of themselves  to belitlle,rob and abuse that poor guy off camera....id say quite a high percentage which does not make it right...regardless of colour...

Edited by Dis Pater, 09 April 2012 - 05:45 PM.

#23    and then

and then

Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

• 12,827 posts

• Because what came before never seems enough...

Posted 09 April 2012 - 05:42 PM

View Postconspiracybeliever, on 09 April 2012 - 04:38 PM, said:

Actually you don't have to live in the hood anymore. There is profiling being done all over the country. Vermont may be only 1% black but we have plenty of ******s. It is in the form of single mothers and children. Apparently it's working out for most just like the profiling of blacks.
Not to find fault with you CB, really, but do you realize that at some point in nearly every thread you post in you have a comment or complaint about the ill treatment of single mothers and children?  I can understand AND empathize about mistreatment of that particular group, having grown up in just that situation, but how does it relate to the behavior of people who are acting like thugs and don't even seem angry?  These people are getting off on hurting and humiliating this guy.

Imagination is the power in the turn of a phrase.

#24    randym23

randym23

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 808 posts

• the question IS the answer

Posted 09 April 2012 - 05:52 PM

this has very little to do with race and more to do with the poverty that's growing in this country. people without a sense of hope or justice to animalistic things. Not to mention how the educational system is going down the tubes.

and visit my site:
Posted Image

#25    H.H. Holmes

H.H. Holmes

Rebel Without A Cause

• 1,672 posts

• I'm going platinum...

Posted 09 April 2012 - 05:58 PM

View PostDis Pater, on 09 April 2012 - 05:33 PM, said:

Being an idiot for getting himself in that situation is one thing.......how many of those in that scene have possibly instigated that situation for the benefit of themselves  to belitlle,rob and abuse that poor guy off camera....id say quite a high percentage which does not make it right...regardless of colour...

Maybe calling him an idiot is too strong of a word, but some people need to have some street smarts. You don't just wonder around downtown Baltimore by your lonesome without keeping a watch of your surroundings, especially a person who looks like that. I am not being racist, I am just being practical. Tourists, like this man, are always at a high risk of robbery and assault when visiting areas of high-crime. He might as well have been roaming the streets of Bangkok or the favelas of Rio De Janeiro because he was totally out of his element in that kind of situation with that kind of crowd. Like you said, I'm sure he was lured into such a vulnerable position by many of those people in the video, probably acting like they were just wanting to show a non-local a good time or some such B.S. These type of groups know exactly how to bait unsuspecting people into positions where they have very little ability to defend themselves or seek help while they act like animals and theives.

#26    Dis Pater

Dis Pater

Alien Embryo

• Closed
  • Pip
  • 76 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 06:19 PM

View PostH.H. Holmes, on 09 April 2012 - 05:58 PM, said:

Maybe calling him an idiot is too strong of a word, but some people need to have some street smarts. You don't just wonder around downtown Baltimore by your lonesome without keeping a watch of your surroundings, especially a person who looks like that. I am not being racist, I am just being practical. Tourists, like this man, are always at a high risk of robbery and assault when visiting areas of high-crime. He might as well have been roaming the streets of Bangkok or the favelas of Rio De Janeiro because he was totally out of his element in that kind of situation with that kind of crowd. Like you said, I'm sure he was lured into such a vulnerable position by many of those people in the video, probably acting like they were just wanting to show a non-local a good time or some such B.S. These type of groups know exactly how to bait unsuspecting people into positions where they have very little ability to defend themselves or seek help while they act like animals and theives.

Its just not a nice thing to see or to see people trying to explain it away.That comment is not directed at you by the way..just in general.The guy has been enticed into a situation and taken advantage of,regardless of colour...had it been a mob of any other ethnic persuasion then i would have felt the same.I apologize if it came across as if i was getting at you H.H because it was not directed at you personally

Edited by Dis Pater, 09 April 2012 - 06:19 PM.

#27    conspiracybeliever

conspiracybeliever

Telekinetic

• Banned
  • 7,078 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 06:23 PM

I wonder why there is so little being said about this:

http://www.unexplain...howtopic=225178

Five Shot,Three Killed in the same OK. neighborhood

Do you think there is anything racial about this? All you people slamming blacks for being violent? Why aren't you on that thread talking about white men?

#28    eqgumby

eqgumby

Telekinetic

• 7,576 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 06:31 PM

View Postconspiracybeliever, on 09 April 2012 - 06:23 PM, said:

Do you think there is anything racial about this? All you people slamming blacks for being violent? Why aren't you on that thread talking about white men?
Nice diversion.

#29    H.H. Holmes

H.H. Holmes

Rebel Without A Cause

• 1,672 posts

• I'm going platinum...

Posted 09 April 2012 - 06:40 PM

View Postconspiracybeliever, on 09 April 2012 - 06:23 PM, said:

Blacks make up roughly 12% of the population, but commit 37% of the murders in this country. I would say that is cause for concern that the black community as a whole is in a downward spiral, instead of the deeds of a few misguided individuals. You need to take a look at the big picture, then you will see that black violence is not just an isolated problem, but one that permeates a whole group of people. You will not see the same levels of violence amongst whites or any other ethnic group in the states, so I think pointing out the highly disproportionate levels of violence committed by blacks is definitely called for when compared to other ethnicities.

http://www2.fbi.gov/...hrtable_03.html

Edited by H.H. Holmes, 09 April 2012 - 06:40 PM.

#30    Leonardo

Leonardo

Awake

• 14,851 posts

• Hell is a guilty conscience

Posted 09 April 2012 - 06:42 PM

View PostH.H. Holmes, on 09 April 2012 - 04:58 PM, said:

I don't know the motive for the attack, as none is given. My point in posting was to bring attention to the way the video was presented in the OP, with the by-line - "This is why black people are racially profiled - because black people are violent." which is itself incredibly bigotted.

The people in the video weren't violent because they were black, they were violent because their sub-culture venerates violence. But sub-cultures which venerate violence are not limited to a few among black people.

You will not see the same levels of violence amongst whites or any other ethnic group in the states,...

What colour of skin was the shooter at Columbine? How about any other mass-shooting?

You are close to making the mistake of narrowing your definition of violence to "violence committed by black people".

Edited by Leonardo, 09 April 2012 - 06:45 PM.

In the book of life, the answers aren't in the back. - Charlie Brown

"It is a profound and necessary truth that the deep things in science are not found because they are useful; they are found because it was possible to find them."  - J. Robert Oppenheimer; Scientific Director; The Manhattan Project

"talking bull**** is not a victimless crime" - Marina Hyde, author.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users