Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Conflicter virus

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1    Oki_The_Brave

Oki_The_Brave

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 04:08 AM

I Didn't post this for certain discussions but what i need to know is whether or not my family member has just gotten nailed by the April fools Virus Conflicter.

My mom goes to a site where she can watch any shows she missed on TV she goes to this website and suddenly this error message on her screen comes up and says Administrate canada has find your iep in violation of Child por
and terrorist threats and now her IEP is blocked and her computer is no longer working i want to know if this was Possibly the work of the Conflicter Virus and if it is how do we get rid of it?

Plz Help if you know cause i read up on conflicter and it no longer only activates on the first of april plz if you have anything ide like to here it.

Also i need to add that she cant even turn the laptop off because it froze her there and aswell if her IEP address got Frozen wouldnt that mean my desktop in the same building would also get hit with this?

Edited by Oki_The_Brave, 10 April 2012 - 04:10 AM.

#2    DieChecker

DieChecker

I'm a Rogue Scholar

• 23,867 posts

• Hey, I'm not wrong. I'm just not completely right.

Posted 10 April 2012 - 04:49 AM

Sounds like like some kind of virus. What usually happens is that the virus is downloaded by clicking on a popup, or on a link in a unsafe website. Then the virus gets past your firewall/antivirus. Then it immediately disables your anti-virus. Then it takes control of your computer and uses it for its own ends, usually hosting illegal files, or as a proxy for illegal IP boucing activities, or possibly just as a bot for processor ability and sending out spam mail. Or, it allows others into your computer to look for files, pictures, bank account info, etc...

Generally the best thing to do is get off the internet. Disconnect your cable and power off your computer, then take it in to an expert who can boot it up with the proper tools and clean it up.

There are some governments that can block specific internet sites, and possibly could shut down specific IP addresses, but unless you live in a Red communist country, or a completely corrupt one, this is unlikely.

Here at Intel we make processors on 12 inch wafers. And, the individual processors on the wafers are called die. And, I am employed to check these die. That is why I am the DieChecker.

At times one remains faithful to a cause only because its opponents do not cease to be insipid. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Qualifications? This is cryptozoology, dammit! All that is required is the spirit of adventure. - Night Walker

#3    Simbi Laveau

Simbi Laveau

Overlord A. Snuffleupagus

• 8,266 posts

• ~So what's all this then ?!

Posted 10 April 2012 - 04:53 AM

Ive gotten a nasty virus from one of those tv websites.I had to do a system restore to a point before it happend.
If the computer is totally messed up,try to do it in safe mode
Once it was working again,I did a full scan,and got all the bugs out .
It's still quirky since this incident,and I lost any saved material.
I never downloaded shows,but that might be what it does.
I lost all saved music,photos,and written documents.

Miss me?

#4    DieChecker

DieChecker

I'm a Rogue Scholar

• 23,867 posts

• Hey, I'm not wrong. I'm just not completely right.

Posted 10 April 2012 - 05:01 AM

View PostSimbi Laveau, on 10 April 2012 - 04:53 AM, said:

Ive gotten a nasty virus from one of those tv websites.I had to do a system restore to a point before it happend.
If the computer is totally messed up,try to do it in safe mode
Once it was working again,I did a full scan,and got all the bugs out .
It's still quirky since this incident,and I lost any saved material.
I never downloaded shows,but that might be what it does.
I lost all saved music,photos,and written documents.
That sucks! I got hit by a nasty virus a couple years ago when my wife accidentally hit X on a suspicious popup. It was disabling everything faster then I could install it. I ended up saving all my photos to CDs then reformating. I later learned there was an easier way to get the anti-virus software to work, but I'd already lost a large amount of stuff to the reformat.

Here at Intel we make processors on 12 inch wafers. And, the individual processors on the wafers are called die. And, I am employed to check these die. That is why I am the DieChecker.

At times one remains faithful to a cause only because its opponents do not cease to be insipid. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Qualifications? This is cryptozoology, dammit! All that is required is the spirit of adventure. - Night Walker

#5    Rafterman

Rafterman

Telekinetic

• 7,409 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 12:29 PM

View PostOki_The_Brave, on 10 April 2012 - 04:08 AM, said:

I Didn't post this for certain discussions but what i need to know is whether or not my family member has just gotten nailed by the April fools Virus Conflicter.

My mom goes to a site where she can watch any shows she missed on TV she goes to this website and suddenly this error message on her screen comes up and says Administrate canada has find your iep in violation of Child por
and terrorist threats and now her IEP is blocked and her computer is no longer working i want to know if this was Possibly the work of the Conflicter Virus and if it is how do we get rid of it?

Plz Help if you know cause i read up on conflicter and it no longer only activates on the first of april plz if you have anything ide like to here it.

Also i need to add that she cant even turn the laptop off because it froze her there and aswell if her IEP address got Frozen wouldnt that mean my desktop in the same building would also get hit with this?

There are several good forums out there where the owners specialize in helping folks clean their systems.  I've had very good luck with them over the years when my wife or I have picked up a virus here and there.

"For me, it is better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring."
                                                                                                                                           - Carl Sagan, The Demon-Haunted World:  Science as a Candle in the Dark

#6    skylight1

skylight1

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 362 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 05:33 AM

Try starting the computer in safe mode and running a full virus scan from there.

UFO =/= ALIEN SPACECRAFT
( It would be nice if people knew the difference but sadly most people don't )

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users