Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

iPhone app can manipulate your dreams

• Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

#46    human_eraser

human_eraser

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 148 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 04:19 PM

View Post_Only, on 15 April 2012 - 01:26 AM, said:

Pain? Yes, the idea is to stop thinking about it.

I know, not everyone in the world does. We can't be forced so easily, just pushed.

That makes sense, that we can be "pushed" to do something, but... we can't be turned into zombies like in the movies. But even if you are pushed, you still can choose...

#47    lindsea

lindsea

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 03:44 AM

I tried with an open mind as I'm very interested in sleep, dreams, etc. I tried placing my phone in different places around me as I slept and.. hmm. Balogna.

The only time it fired (played the clip), my dreams were quite the opposite. The other few times, it said I never went into a deep sleep. My Zeo band claimed otherwise. So did my refreshed, I-had-a-deep-sleep feeling.

#48    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 31,559 posts

• If you stop to think, Remember to start again

Posted 04 May 2012 - 06:03 AM

Hrrmmz, Reading this thread, I just downloaded, this, and then I remembered, I never remember my dreams!

Edited by psyche101, 04 May 2012 - 06:04 AM.

Things are what they are. - Me Reality can't be debunked. That's the beauty of it. - Capeo If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants. - Sir Isaac Newton Let me repeat the lesson learned from the Sturrock scientific review panel: Pack up your old data and forget it. Ufology needs new data, new cases, new rigorous and scientific methodologies if it hopes ever to get out of its pit. - Ed Stewart Youtube is the last refuge of the ignorant and is more often used for disinformation than genuine research.  There is a REASON for PEER REVIEW... - Chrlzs Nothing is inexplicable, just unexplained. - Dr Who

#49    _Only

_Only

• 6,593 posts

• Did you ever grow anything in the garden of your mind? You can grow ideas, in the garden of your mind. - Mr. Rogers

Posted 04 May 2012 - 07:04 AM

View Postlindsea, on 04 May 2012 - 03:44 AM, said:

I tried with an open mind as I'm very interested in sleep, dreams, etc. I tried placing my phone in different places around me as I slept and.. hmm. Balogna.

The only time it fired (played the clip), my dreams were quite the opposite. The other few times, it said I never went into a deep sleep. My Zeo band claimed otherwise. So did my refreshed, I-had-a-deep-sleep feeling.

You should try this site out some time.

Be it effective triggering of brain waves through tones, a placebo effect, or the both combined, they work quite effectively for me. It has multiple tones for dreams, including lucid dreaming. I used the lucid tone, and was surprised when the next morning I realized in my dream that I was dreaming... but that woke me up. :/ Nevertheless, I've used multiple tone "sessions" on there, to some noteworthy results (including the behavior changing one to help me quit smoking; it's been almost 7 days without a cigarette :)).

http://iso-tones.com/

edit: And Psyche, you should try listening to one of the dream ones before you go to bed.

Edited by _Only, 04 May 2012 - 07:05 AM.

I love to make mashups! Click here to hear!
I also love taking pictures! Click here to see!
I love to play drums, too! Whatever you do, don't click here!

#50    Mikko-kun

Mikko-kun

New life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,475 posts

• Observation, individual resourcefulness... what would we be without them?

Posted 04 May 2012 - 08:14 AM

I think this is the most irresponsible phone application ever. I can already see someone doing a harmful version of this and using to give people twisted dreams or brainwash. By the way, I been living without a phone now, for a month soon, just a wireless internet... it may not be the phone, but my dreams have changed during that time. I didn't have an iphone though.

Seriously, I can't understand why someone would want their dreams manipulated. I have dreamed and remembered at least one dream which I wouldn't want manipulated, and you never know when that dream of yours come to you.

One thing that bothers me even more about this is, that this is an application, not a new phone in itself. Doesn't this mean they've already had the potential to mess with our dreams?

I've been born again 31,8,2014 approximately 21:35 local time. A moment free of clutter in the mind, emancipating myself like an escapist, allowing myself to breathe life in a stronger, less physical level... though it does resonate to physical world. It's the oomph.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users