Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Norway's mass killer Breivik declared sane

• Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

#31    Leonardo

Leonardo

Awake

• 15,336 posts

• Hell is a guilty conscience

Posted 13 April 2012 - 06:25 PM

View PostHelen of Annoy, on 13 April 2012 - 06:14 PM, said:

http://en.wikipedia....iki/Psychopathy

Not delusional, but definitely not sane.
He, who went hunting lesser beings, is actually severely damaged and, according to his morality, therefore the one that is lesser.

Interesting detail is that he had more than one plastic surgery, so he actually does feel inferior.

In short: typicall right-winger issues. Run over by their own fantasies since mid 1940s.

The psychiatric view of psychopathy is that it is a neurological disorder, but that it is not an insanity. That might seem contradictory, but it is not when you consider that to be insane, a person must be judged to be irrational and/or cognitively impaired such that their actions are not based on a generally accepted view of reality.

Breivik is rational, not cognitively impaired and his actions were fully reasoned by him within the same generally accepted view of reality that most of us share.

In the book of life, the answers aren't in the back. - Charlie Brown

"It is a profound and necessary truth that the deep things in science are not found because they are useful; they are found because it was possible to find them."  - J. Robert Oppenheimer; Scientific Director; The Manhattan Project

"talking bull**** is not a victimless crime" - Marina Hyde, author.

#32    and then

and then

Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

• 13,641 posts

• Because what came before never seems enough...

Posted 13 April 2012 - 08:04 PM

View PostLeonardo, on 13 April 2012 - 06:25 PM, said:

The psychiatric view of psychopathy is that it is a neurological disorder, but that it is not an insanity. That might seem contradictory, but it is not when you consider that to be insane, a person must be judged to be irrational and/or cognitively impaired such that their actions are not based on a generally accepted view of reality.

Breivik is rational, not cognitively impaired and his actions were fully reasoned by him within the same generally accepted view of reality that most of us share.

Which is what makes him evil, regardless your definition. And in most States in the US he would probably be found insane.  In those that shared your view he most likely would be executed.

We've cast the world, we've set the stage,
  for what could be, the darkest age...

#33    Helen of Annoy

Helen of Annoy

devil's aunt

• 21,746 posts

• Where there's a will
    there's a way.

Posted 13 April 2012 - 08:52 PM

View PostLeonardo, on 13 April 2012 - 06:25 PM, said:

Partial amen to that, since severe psychopathy can land people in institutions, where they are drugged into less aggressive and destructive mood. There’s the common psychopath, found anywhere, mostly lives and dies unnoticed, and severely screwed up psycho like Breivik.
He knows what are the limits he’s expected never to cross, but he can’t control himself. Sane? No.  

Partial amen also because you can’t say that the guy who spent so much time grooming the ideal homoerotic/narcissist version of himself is exactly rational and aware of reality as we perceive it. It’s one thing to play a Crusader on line or in bedroom and something completely else to actually buy weapons and turn an island full of kids into shooting range.
He chose unarmed, underage, unprepared targets to play war and domination on them. Maybe he believes it was a battle in the racial war, but realistically, he projected the image of his enemy onto the target. And he chose kids because that way he was sure he’ll “win” that "battle".
Or his mind was stuck somewhere in puberty, so he’s unaware his opponents should be grownups. Guy used cheat codes in real life. Again, that’s not very mentally healthy.  

But don’t get me wrong. Just because I’m convinced his mind is the showcase of how a human mind shouldn’t work, doesn’t mean I think he shouldn’t be put on trial like countless other psychopaths before him.  
Being screwed up in the head can’t mean you have a permit to go around destroying actual people and suffer no consequences. Because you're screwed up. Everyone is, in one or another way. But not everyone is that evil.
Do I know what evil actually is? Can I explain it? No.  
Blah blah.
I’m annoying myself already.
Damn b****** wanted attention and I’m giving him the attention. ****.

At least I hope he started to realise what he has done. No, not from his victims' point, he's unable of that, I hope he's not happy with his image created by media and I hope it will get worse. This post is my modest contribution to the real Breivik exposed. Pathetically immature, cowardly egomaniac. Would not touch with 10 foot pole.

Posted Image

The 5 millionth post was Junior Chubb's fault :D
Donnie Darko did nothing, but I had to mention him too.

#34    King Fluffs

King Fluffs

The Resident Misanthrope

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,111 posts

• Shadows protect my angel in white...

Posted 14 April 2012 - 06:44 AM

I assume he will get either a very, very lengthy prison sentence (maybe even life) or they might execute him.

#35    and then

and then

Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

• 13,641 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 07:45 AM

View PostKing Fluffs, on 14 April 2012 - 06:44 AM, said:

I assume he will get either a very, very lengthy prison sentence (maybe even life) or they might execute him.
They are much too enlightened in Norway to take an eye for an eye.  And I think the maximum sentence was less than life.  So he gets a trial to stand and spew his hate.  And then can do so again when he gets out, or sooner if the Norwegians are willing to observe his rights to free speech :wacko:

#36    ShadowSot

ShadowSot

Stinky Cheese

• 6,874 posts

• Oops.

Posted 14 April 2012 - 08:15 AM

View Postand then, on 14 April 2012 - 07:45 AM, said:

They are much too enlightened in Norway to take an eye for an eye.  And I think the maximum sentence was less than life.  So he gets a trial to stand and spew his hate.  And then can do so again when he gets out, or sooner if the Norwegians are willing to observe his rights to free speech :wacko:

Did you ever get around to reading Garbage Man's link he replied to you?

View PostGarbage man, on 10 April 2012 - 06:00 PM, said:

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.
-Terry Pratchett

#37    Still Waters

Still Waters

Deeply Mysterious

• 38,032 posts

• "Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better." - Albert Einstein

Posted 15 April 2012 - 03:37 PM

Norway killer Anders Behring Breivik barred from reading 'new manifesto' in court

http://www.telegraph...o-in-court.html

Posted Image

#38    Mr Right Wing

Mr Right Wing

Poltergeist

• Banned
  • 2,924 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 04:42 PM

View PostStill Waters, on 15 April 2012 - 03:37 PM, said:

Norway killer Anders Behring Breivik barred from reading 'new manifesto' in court

http://www.telegraph...o-in-court.html

They are planning to switch the cameras off whenever he says something which might influence the Norweigen population.

#39    and then

and then

Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

• 13,641 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 06:01 PM

View PostShadowSot, on 14 April 2012 - 08:15 AM, said:

Did you ever get around to reading Garbage Man's link he replied to you?
I did not until now.  Thanks for reminding me.  This system seems altogether sensible and will serve this exact situation well.

#40    TheLastLazyGun

TheLastLazyGun

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,144 posts
  • Location:The edge of the West Pennine Moors, Northern England

Posted 16 April 2012 - 12:43 PM

Of course, it's not all as cut and dry as "Norway's mass killer Breivik declared sane."

That's because on Sky News earlier today, which was showing the trial live, a reporter said that it is actually disputed whether or not Breivik is sane.  Despite the second evaluation which declared him sane, contradicting the first evaluation, there are still many psychiatrists who believe that he is actually insane.

If he is insane then he will not be criminally responsible for his actions and instead of going to prison will instead receive psychiatric care.

Edited by TheLastLazyGun, 16 April 2012 - 12:47 PM.

#41    Still Waters

Still Waters

Deeply Mysterious

• 38,032 posts

• "Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better." - Albert Einstein

Posted 16 April 2012 - 01:44 PM

Norway mass-murder suspect admits killings, claims self-defense

http://edition.cnn.c...rial/?hpt=wo_c1

Posted Image

#42    Simbi Laveau

Simbi Laveau

Overlord A. Snuffleupagus

• 8,266 posts

• ~So what's all this then ?!

Posted 16 April 2012 - 02:10 PM

View PostStill Waters, on 16 April 2012 - 01:44 PM, said:

Norway mass-murder suspect admits killings, claims self-defense

http://edition.cnn.c...rial/?hpt=wo_c1
Look,he cried boo boo boo....
My heart bleeds for him

http://news.yahoo.co...topstories.html

Miss me?

#43    Mr Right Wing

Mr Right Wing

Poltergeist

• Banned
  • 2,924 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 04:11 PM

View PostTheLastLazyGun, on 16 April 2012 - 12:43 PM, said:

Of course, it's not all as cut and dry as "Norway's mass killer Breivik declared sane."

That's because on Sky News earlier today, which was showing the trial live, a reporter said that it is actually disputed whether or not Breivik is sane.  Despite the second evaluation which declared him sane, contradicting the first evaluation, there are still many psychiatrists who believe that he is actually insane.

If he is insane then he will not be criminally responsible for his actions and instead of going to prison will instead receive psychiatric care.

I noticed one of two instances where I think he was being a little psycho.

I believe his defence team will be presenting evidence that the Knights Templar still exist which will be interesting.

#44    Helen of Annoy

Helen of Annoy

devil's aunt

• 21,746 posts

• Where there's a will
    there's a way.

Posted 16 April 2012 - 05:09 PM

View PostMr Right Wing, on 16 April 2012 - 04:11 PM, said:

I noticed one of two instances where I think he was being a little psycho.

I believe his defence team will be presenting evidence that the Knights Templar still exist which will be interesting.
People who think they have recreated that order definitely exist, several not convincing and those even less convincing successors, at least one suing Vatican for assets ( :lol: ) but with all my wild and often perverted imagination I can’t see how that can possibly justify execution of unarmed kids.

Off topic:  
Speaking of Templars, Vatican should sue for unauthorized use of Templar name, especially since they (The Catholic Church, that is) officially dropped the accusation of blasphemy and few other things, declaring the Knights innocent. It took only 7 centuries.  
Half on-topic:
Rival more-less self-proclaimed Templars should sue Breivik too, for ruining the reputation of the name.  

Back on topic:
I saw some crap about “self-defence” being mentioned, but couldn’t be bothered to read it, it’s just too retarded to try to extend self-defence on shooting kids like clay pigeons.    

Breivik keeps repeating he wants to use the trial for popularization of his ideas, I still think he’s psychopath in the first place who wants to use the trial for popularization of his own insecure self-adorning egocentric shallow ass, either way the defence doesn’t really matter to him, as long as he’s on the front pages.
May the almighty media lose interest in him and publish only modest updates in weird news sections, titled “Self-proclaimed Templar claims self-defence”. If it wasn’t so damn tragic, it would be hilarious.

Posted Image

The 5 millionth post was Junior Chubb's fault :D
Donnie Darko did nothing, but I had to mention him too.

#45    Leonardo

Leonardo

Awake

• 15,336 posts

• Hell is a guilty conscience

Posted 16 April 2012 - 05:37 PM

View PostHelen of Annoy, on 16 April 2012 - 05:09 PM, said:

Breivik keeps repeating he wants to use the trial for popularization of his ideas, I still think he’s psychopath in the first place who wants to use the trial for popularization of his own insecure self-adorning egocentric shallow ass, either way the defence doesn’t really matter to him, as long as he’s on the front pages.

From what I understand, legal defence in Norway acts on the instruction of the defendant, not the other way 'round (as it is in the US, for example.) So, his legal team's hands are tied to trying to present his case for self-defence - rather than use legal 'tricks' to get him off the hook. In some ways, the Norwegian system is better in that the defendant has to make their case from their own perspective of why they did what they did, and so is more 'honest' in that regard.

But I agree that Breivik's intention is to use the trial as a platform for espousing his ideology. I expect it will only end up showing us how pathetic a human being he really is.

In the book of life, the answers aren't in the back. - Charlie Brown

"It is a profound and necessary truth that the deep things in science are not found because they are useful; they are found because it was possible to find them."  - J. Robert Oppenheimer; Scientific Director; The Manhattan Project

"talking bull**** is not a victimless crime" - Marina Hyde, author.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users