Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Santorum to quit presidential race: sources

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1    acidhead

acidhead

Were Not Your Slaves!

• 10,357 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 06:29 PM

Santorum to quit presidential race: sources

GETTYSBURG, Pennsylvania | Tue Apr 10, 2012 2:22pm EDT
http://www.reuters.c...E8341DU20120410
(Reuters) - Republican presidential candidate Rick Santorum will say he is dropping out of the White House race on Tuesday, two sources familiar with the decision told Reuters.

The conservative former senator from Pennsylvania was scheduled to speak in Gettysburg on Tuesday afternoon.

Santorum is lagging Republican front-runner Mitt Romney in opinion polls and in the fight for the 1,144 party delegates needed to win the nomination to face President Barack Obama in the November 6 general election.

"there is no wrong or right - just popular opinion"

#2    and then

and then

Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

• 13,233 posts

• Because what came before never seems enough...

Posted 10 April 2012 - 06:36 PM

So we're several months and millions of dollars into the process and the predictions made at the outset are proven true.  Romney had the biggest budget and he will be the nominee.  I'm not sure why they go through the motions any longer.  Just prove who has the deepest pockets and give him the go ahead.  Short of an economic meltdown or regional mideast war Obama looks to be in line for another four.  All I can say is God help us.

We've cast the world, we've set the stage,
  for what could be, the darkest age...

#3    Corp

Corp

Telekinetic

• 6,950 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 07:00 PM

Good. Hate to see what would happen to America's rep under president ass juice.

War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things: the decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth a war, is much worse...A man who has nothing which he is willing to fight for, nothing which he cares more about than he does about his personal safety, is a miserable creature who has no chance of being free, unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.

#4    Admiral Rhubarb

Admiral Rhubarb

Often Unsatisfactory

• 23,799 posts

• Vampires are people too.

Posted 10 April 2012 - 07:05 PM

This is probably not a bad thing, since the fellow did seem to have some, er, individual views about things .... :unsure2:

Life is a hideous business, and from the background behind what we know of it peer daemoniacal hints of truth which make it sometimes a thousandfold more hideous.

H. P. Lovecraft.

Posted Image

#5    questionmark

questionmark

Cinicus Magnus

• 35,081 posts

• In a flat world there is an explanation to everything.

Posted 10 April 2012 - 07:07 PM

View Post747400, on 10 April 2012 - 07:05 PM, said:

This is probably not a bad thing, since the fellow did seem to have some, er, individual views about things .... :unsure2:

Not so individual, those views are favored by more than a dozen in the US.

A skeptic is a well informed believer and a pessimist a well informed optimist
The most dangerous views of the world are from those who have never seen it. ~ Alexander v. Humboldt
If you want to bulls**t me please do it so that it takes me more than a minute to find out

about me

#6    Clyde the Glyde

Clyde the Glyde

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,861 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 07:39 PM

View Postand then, on 10 April 2012 - 06:36 PM, said:

So we're several months and millions of dollars into the process and the predictions made at the outset are proven true.  Romney had the biggest budget and he will be the nominee.  I'm not sure why they go through the motions any longer.  Just prove who has the deepest pockets and give him the go ahead.  Short of an economic meltdown or regional mideast war Obama looks to be in line for another four.  All I can say is God help us.

Sad but true.  Big Money wins.  

And then those Big Money donors and corporations all expect to get paid back when their guy wins the presidency. Everyone knows how they get paid back.    Politics sure is a dirty game.

#7    DieChecker

DieChecker

I'm a Rogue Scholar

• 16,784 posts

• Hey, I'm not wrong. I'm just not completely right.

Posted 10 April 2012 - 07:51 PM

View Postand then, on 10 April 2012 - 06:36 PM, said:

No. The primaries still serve a good purpose. The debates and media coverage dig up all the dirt and throw it, so that when the Main Event happens, there is less ammo for the other side to fire. Obama is going to be hurting in the debates, because Romney has been debating his platform now for like 6 months and can answer most questions, while Obama has had no practice and no questions asked of him. I see Romney eating Obama's lunch in any debating that goes on.

Here at Intel we make processors on 12 inch wafers. And, the individual processors on the wafers are called die. And, I am employed to check these die. That is why I am the DieChecker.

At times one remains faithful to a cause only because its opponents do not cease to be insipid. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Qualifications? This is cryptozoology, dammit! All that is required is the spirit of adventure. - Night Walker

#8    and then

and then

Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

• 13,233 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 08:20 PM

View PostDieChecker, on 10 April 2012 - 07:51 PM, said:

No. The primaries still serve a good purpose. The debates and media coverage dig up all the dirt and throw it, so that when the Main Event happens, there is less ammo for the other side to fire. Obama is going to be hurting in the debates, because Romney has been debating his platform now for like 6 months and can answer most questions, while Obama has had no practice and no questions asked of him. I see Romney eating Obama's lunch in any debating that goes on.
I see your logic and certainly hope you are correct.  I think we will see some of the most creative, vile and disgusting politics of the modern era in the next few months.  And all that energy, time and money will be spent to convince or at least emotionally sway less than ten percent of the voting public.  The all knowing INDEPENDENTS.  Didn' they used to just be called fence sitters? :rolleyes:

#9    Corp

Corp

Telekinetic

• 6,950 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 08:27 PM

http://www.cnn.com/2....html?hpt=hp_t1

And it's official.

War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things: the decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth a war, is much worse...A man who has nothing which he is willing to fight for, nothing which he cares more about than he does about his personal safety, is a miserable creature who has no chance of being free, unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.

#10    questionmark

questionmark

Cinicus Magnus

• 35,081 posts

• In a flat world there is an explanation to everything.

Posted 10 April 2012 - 08:29 PM

View PostCorp, on 10 April 2012 - 08:27 PM, said:

Anf I gotta say: made a better figure quitting than running :devil:

A skeptic is a well informed believer and a pessimist a well informed optimist
The most dangerous views of the world are from those who have never seen it. ~ Alexander v. Humboldt
If you want to bulls**t me please do it so that it takes me more than a minute to find out

about me

#11    psychoticmike

psychoticmike

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 618 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 10:07 PM

ha ha, maybe its time to tell my neighbors down the street to take down their signs. I'm glad this nut is quiting.
Now the next nut needs to stand down (romney)and make room for the only real candidate up there, Ron Paul!!!

#12    Imaginarynumber1

Imaginarynumber1

I am not an irrational number

• 4,101 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 10:09 PM

View Postquestionmark, on 10 April 2012 - 07:07 PM, said:

Not so individual, those views are favored by more than a dozen in the US.

That's what's so scary. It's like half of the US wants to live in the 16th century.  Posted Image

"A cat has nine lives. For three he plays, for three he strays, and for the last three he stays."

July 17th, 2008 (Full moon the next night)

RAPTORS! http://www.unexplain...pic=233151&st=0

#13    and then

and then

Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

• 13,233 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 10:24 PM

View PostImaginarynumber1, on 10 April 2012 - 10:09 PM, said:

That's what's so scary. It's like half of the US wants to live in the 16th century.  Posted Image
I don't think it's quite that bad.  It's just that people in general are overwhelmed with the pace of change and the obvious moral decline in our country.  Regardless the rhetoric of people who think that Christians are trying to force their morality on the rest of the country, the truth is that as a country we are growing farther away from Biblical morality every day.  Public discourse is coarsened as is communication among politicians and the people.  At a cultural level if you were to compare the America of the '40s to modern America it would leave you astounded.
There was a time in the past 50 years that even an enemy would stop to help you if you were in trouble.  Now it's even difficult to find someone to help that calls themselves a friend.

#14    THE MATRIX

THE MATRIX

Poltergeist

• Closed
  • 2,304 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 10:47 PM

At least we won't lose our Hardcore p0rne now.

Edited by THE MATRIX, 10 April 2012 - 10:47 PM.

#15    TK0001

TK0001

THIMK!!!

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,806 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 01:45 PM

View PostImaginarynumber1, on 10 April 2012 - 10:09 PM, said:

Half the US population wants to give back America to the natives and go back to their ancestral homelands? I was not aware of that.

Although, now that I think about it....

View Postand then, on 10 April 2012 - 10:24 PM, said:

I don't think it's quite that bad.  It's just that people in general are overwhelmed with the pace of change and the obvious moral decline in our country.  Regardless the rhetoric of people who think that Christians are trying to force their morality on the rest of the country, the truth is that as a country we are growing farther away from Biblical morality every day.  Public discourse is coarsened as is communication among politicians and the people.  At a cultural level if you were to compare the America of the '40s to modern America it would leave you astounded.
There was a time in the past 50 years that even an enemy would stop to help you if you were in trouble.  Now it's even difficult to find someone to help that calls themselves a friend.

Well said.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users