Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Am I Just Seeing Things?

vinyljunkie

So the other day I was taking a video of my son on my iPhone and this orb of white light shot up towards the ceiling in the video. It wasn't a light reflection or anything. I am a HUGE believer that we are not alone, so I showed my boyfriend (he is a believer after being with me for almost 6 years). He saw it too! We just moved into this place at the beginning of this month... so weird!

BUT the REAL reason I have signed up on these forums is because of an unexplainable picture I took just last night. I hear banging noises all the time usually late at night, but also during the day as well. My boyfriend told me after seeing that orb in the video, that if I heard any weird noises to start snapping pics. I heard them last night at around 2 am and started snapping pics with my iPhone. I took about 10 or so of my kitchen and stairwell, and when I looked back them, I saw an image of some sort of being with a big head, slit's for eyes, and a sinister looking smile with what looks like it's arm up by it's mouth like it's snickering or something. It freaked me out to say the very least! I want to get everyone's opinion of the pic, just so I can be validated. It looks like a gremlin or something to me. I have zoomed in and tried to sharpen it so you can see it better. It is directly below the white light switch, you will see a pic of my son right above the switch.

post-128004-0-54686200-1334090815_thumb.

Do you see what I see?? If so, what do you think it is? Do you think it will it be harmful to my son? He is almost 3 now... Any feedback is greatly appreciated!

Edited by vinyljunkie

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JesseCuster

• vinyljunkie

• Keel M.

• thisismeee

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just likes a very vague pattern in camera sensor noise to me.

Maybe, but out of all the pics I took, this was the only one that had the image of this thing in it...

You look at enough patterns of random noise, eventually you're going to find vague patterns that resemble something or other.

Phone cameras have very small sensors which has the side effect of producing much more image noise than bigger cameras with bigger sensors. This is especially noticable in indoor pics taken without a flash - the sensor sensitivity is automatically raise and the result is more noise. You'll probably notice that your outdoor pics taken during the day lack the graininess of the indoor pics from the iPhone.

As with any random generated patterns, there will be all sorts of oddities and shapes formed, and because of the human mind's natural and inbuilt tendency to make sense of the world we see around us, we tend to see things in random things (like clouds, wood grain, etc.) that aren't actually there. We have a special innate tendency to see faces. This is an everyday phenomenon that we are all aware of. Note that you aren't seeing a clear face in a noiseless image, you are seeing a very vague face in random generated noise, it took me a while to make out what you were talking about.

I think you can rest easy knowing that this is not any sort of malevolent entity.

I thought one of the huge benefits of an iPhone was that they're supposed to take crystal clear photos because of the higher resolution than a normal cell phone camera. This looks like it was taken on an old phone or other cheap camera.

Higher resolution doesn't help much when you've got a tiny sensor and you're taking pictures in poor light without a flash.

My DSLR is six years old and has a 6mp sensor (less than the iPhone camera), yet it still takes far better pictures in low light situations than any phone camera I've seen despite being relatively ancient technology as digital cameras go. That's because it has a nice big sensor that can capture far more light than any phone camera and as a result operates much better at higher ISO settings.

The amount of megapixels in a camera is only one of the things to look out for, and considering that just about every camera on the market today has more resolution than the vast majority of people need, it's actually one of the least important specs of a camera, but because people associate more megapixels with better pictures, it's heavily touted as an important feature.

I thought one of the huge benefits of an iPhone was that they're supposed to take crystal clear photos because of the higher resolution than a normal cell phone camera. This looks like it was taken on an old phone or other cheap camera.

Yes it does take very clear pics, but I used Photoscape (photo editing software) to zoom in, and I darkened and sharpened it so it could be seen a little better. You can see it clear as day when you zoom in on my iPhone, but when I transferred it to the computer it wasn't as clear.

I also realize that everyone tries to debunk everything as if there is a logical explanation, but like I said before, white orb in my video over the weekend, mysterious banging noises mostly at night and I have only been here almost 2 weeks. This is an old area of the city I live in, so I cannot dismiss this pic as what you described Archimedes. It MAY be possible, but I would like to see what other people think first before dismissing it as that. :)

Could be a bug, dust, or camera. If you catch a floating ball of light that goes through your living room or basement then you got something.

Welcome to UM.

I thought I saw faint outline of something but the picture was so blurry it could be because of that. I can't really say there is something there. That doesn't mean what you are experiencing isn't real though. I saw ghost one time so I'm not a skeptic.