Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Psychedelic Origin of Man

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1    Salami Swami

Salami Swami

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 217 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 12:14 AM

Hello, somewhere I heard a theory that said that ancient men started evolving thanks to a psychedelic substance, like mushrooms. I find it kind of plausible given the effects of those substances, maybe early humans had the brain capacity and that was their boost.

What do you all think?

Posted Image

#2    gnostic-deity

gnostic-deity

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 438 posts

• We are each of us angels with only one wing, and we can only fly by embracing one another. -Luciano de Crescenzo

Posted 11 April 2012 - 12:29 AM

well, i dont know about evolving..but one can come out "changed" from some trips i suppose.

oh what a tangled web we weave when first we practice to deceive

#3    shpongled

shpongled

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 23 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 12:42 AM

Your thinking of the stoned-ape theory of Terence McKenna's which he talks about in his book food of the gods, and other places

Terence is a pretty amazing individual, i love his talks.. but there doesn't seem to be too much evidence of the mushroom idea as of yet. There is a different, updated version of the theory out now which is pretty astonishing. Here's an article on it http://www.disinfo.c...th-tony-wright/

Terences brother Dennis (who both admit fueled Terence's ideas for 25 years and probably was a huge influence in the stoned-ape theory, if not its originator) wrote a great forward to the book talked about in that link

theres a thread discussing it in this subforum actually

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users