Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

What is your favorite instrumental song?

_Only

What's your favorite song with no lyrics?

I love music, and like to listen to it to calm me down before resting. Bot often songs with lyrics kind of get my mind busy, which I feel doesn't always help in meditation. Any kind of song; I just like finding new songs and music.

I love acoustic guitar. James Taylor's FIRE AND RAIN

I have so many favourites I couldn't possibly pick one. Here is a selection of favs though.

On guitar, Eric Johnson, Cliffs of Dover.

On Keyboard, Anything by Vangelis, Rick Wakeman or Jean Michele Jarre.

On any instrument, anything by Mike Oldfield.

Orchestra. J.S.Bach. Brandenburg Concerto #3 in G Major (first movement)

:)

edit,,,almost forgot,......on synth....me.....A Walk in Space :innocent:

Edited by Englishgent

Not only is this one of my favorite examples of instrumental mastery (12-string guitar), it also has what must be the best song title ever.

The imagery on this video is just a slide show, unfortunately -afaik there is no decent video of him performing it.

I really enjoy good instrumentals... Far too many to name as my favorite, but here a few:

Emerson, Lake And Palmer: "Fanfare for the Common Man"

Edited by Taun

Moonlight Sonata is my favourite for sure, has been since I was little. There are many more though, if you are into post rock, Explosions In The Sky and God is an Astronaut (Forever Lost, A Deafening Distance, Suicide by Star, Dust and Echos)are really good, tons of great instrumental songs. NIN Leaving Hope and A Warm Place are nice, too.

The Brazilian - Genesis

:P I am also pretty partial to this guy's instrumental stuff as well. :w00t:

This one is from a Syrian Series, the name of this music piece is "rumination"

Great stuff. I like how there are a lot of different types of music. Even some I've heard before, but hadn't remembered. Thanks all; keep them coming. I have a habit of enjoying anything I hear, and hopefully others find something they like here, too.

Edited by _Only

A couple more, definitely relaxing. After listening again just now, especially to the second one, I'm definitely ready for a nap.

Edited by sarah_444

these guys are awesome I think - soft/heavy emotive instrumental rock.......so much atmosphere and ambience.

double post

Edited by _Only

these guys are awesome I think - soft/heavy emotive instrumental rock.......so much atmosphere and ambience.

Well that's definitely a provocative band name. Almost scared to listen to it, heh.