Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

What is your favorite instrumental song?

• Please log in to reply
101 replies to this topic

#61    Aim4TheHead

Aim4TheHead

Government Agent

• 3,979 posts

• This tragedy is all my fault.

Posted 26 June 2012 - 02:56 AM

#62    Left-Field

Left-Field

Government Agent

• Banned
  • 3,489 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 04:47 AM

I'm not sure if it's been listed already, but Richie Valen's Sleepwalk is my favorite instrumental.

#63    SCFan

SCFan

ISA 62:2; 65:15; HOS 1:10; 2:23; MATT 21:43; ACTS 11:26

• 2,621 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 10:26 AM

Okay so it has vocalizations, so sue me.

Or rather this cover too.

Edited by dside, 27 June 2012 - 10:34 AM.

"I charge thee in the sight of God, who giveth life to all things, and of Christ Jesus, who before Pontius Pilate witnessed the good confession; that thou keep the commandment, without spot, without reproach, until the appearing of our Lord Jesus Christ: which in its own times he shall show, WHO IS THE BLESSED AND ONLY POTENTE, KING OF KINGS, AND LORD OF LORDS; who only hath immortality, dwelling in light unapproachable; whom no man hath seen, nor can see: to whom be honor and power eternal. Amen" (I Tim 6:13-16).

#64    Feanor

Feanor

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,199 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 03:35 PM

For the love of God - By Steve Vai

IMO, best instrumental song ever.

#65    didymusclairvoyant

didymusclairvoyant

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 126 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 06:04 AM

• 4a. Advertising: Do not use your signature or profile to promote commercial products, services or web sites.
  • 4b. Image Size: Signatures should be no larger than 500x150 pixels. Images used in signatures or avatars should not exceed 100k.
  • 4c. Distracting images: Please avoid the use of flashing or overly distracting animated signature or avatar images.

#66    Wilmeister

Wilmeister

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 27 posts

• "Does man really know what's at the bottom of any ocean, What's deep in the amazon, or What's really out in space?"

Posted 30 June 2012 - 03:38 AM

1) Johann Sebastian Bach-Toccata and Fugue

2)Vangelis-Titles

#67    Taun

Taun

A dashing moose about town...

• 7,570 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 04:22 AM

This next one has a synthesized "voice".. does that still count as an instrumental?

#68    _Only

_Only

• 6,782 posts

• Did you ever grow anything in the garden of your mind? You can grow ideas, in the garden of your mind. - Mr. Rogers

Posted 08 July 2012 - 06:57 AM

Just found this one from Friedman. I never would have guessed.

"I think there may be "ghost phenomenon" that may be still not fully understood or dismissed, but that doesn't make it spirits of the dead, anymore than "UFO" means "spaceship" or even "UFO" or "spaceship" is directly related to aliens, or anything else. There is way too much assumption and a baseless reliance on anecdotal lore, like when people assert this or that about the spirit world or the astral plane or Ouija board demons, or religion. I say 'says WHO?'" - Paranormalcy

#69    EllJay

EllJay

Government Agent

• 3,688 posts

• Today We Are Creating Tomorrow's Yesterday

Posted 08 July 2012 - 11:34 AM

Gary Moore.
We want more, but R.I.P.

"Opinions are like a**holes - everyone seems to have one" - Dirty Harry

"All those who believe in psychokinesis, raise my hand... "

"I have a black belt in Feng Shui, the subtle martial art. I go home to you and move a lamp and a chair... twelve years later you lay there on the floor with broken kneecaps and destitute."

#70    MissMelsWell

MissMelsWell

Cosmic Baker

• 13,520 posts

Posted 08 July 2012 - 09:24 PM

Ok I'm not known to be much of a patriot by any stretch of the imagination, nor am I much of a military supporter. BUT, I think this is one of my all time favorite pieces of music ever.

I dare you listen to this and abstain from conducting an imaginary brass band in your livingroom! You can't do it.

Edited by MissMelsWell, 08 July 2012 - 09:28 PM.

"It's time for the American people to stand up and shrug off the shackles of our government at TSA at the airport"  Ron Paul

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin

#71    Iron_Lotus

Iron_Lotus

Fudge

• 6,682 posts

Posted 08 July 2012 - 09:41 PM

never been big on buckethead but his softer songs are pretty amazing if i may say so

edit: also wanted to post this. cause its awesome, move along.....

Edited by Iron_Lotus, 08 July 2012 - 09:59 PM.

The misery that is now upon us is but the passing of greed, the bitterness of men who fear the way of human progress. The hate of men will pass and dictators die and the power they took from the people, will return to the people and so long as men die liberty will never perish... Soldiers don't give yourselves to brutes, men who despise you, enslave you, who regiment your lives, tell you what to do, what to think or what to feel, who drill you, diet you, treat you like cattle, use you as cannon fodder... Don't give yourselves to these unnatural men, machine men, with machine minds and machine hearts.  You are not machines. You are not cattle. You are men. You have the love of humanity in your hearts.

#72    _Only

_Only

• 6,782 posts

• Did you ever grow anything in the garden of your mind? You can grow ideas, in the garden of your mind. - Mr. Rogers

Posted 08 July 2012 - 10:04 PM

View PostIron_Lotus, on 08 July 2012 - 09:41 PM, said:

Thanks, why have I never imagined these two things together in raw form like this before?

"I think there may be "ghost phenomenon" that may be still not fully understood or dismissed, but that doesn't make it spirits of the dead, anymore than "UFO" means "spaceship" or even "UFO" or "spaceship" is directly related to aliens, or anything else. There is way too much assumption and a baseless reliance on anecdotal lore, like when people assert this or that about the spirit world or the astral plane or Ouija board demons, or religion. I say 'says WHO?'" - Paranormalcy

#73    MissMelsWell

MissMelsWell

Cosmic Baker

• 13,520 posts

Posted 08 July 2012 - 10:11 PM

View PostIron_Lotus, on 08 July 2012 - 09:41 PM, said:

Wow, that's all kinds of awesome!

"It's time for the American people to stand up and shrug off the shackles of our government at TSA at the airport"  Ron Paul

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin

#74    Iron_Lotus

Iron_Lotus

Fudge

• 6,682 posts

Posted 08 July 2012 - 10:12 PM

should check out his youtube page username vadrum he has some more pieces on there and his cd is pretty amazing, never been huge on classical music but throw in a really talented drummer it just kicks it up a few notches.

The misery that is now upon us is but the passing of greed, the bitterness of men who fear the way of human progress. The hate of men will pass and dictators die and the power they took from the people, will return to the people and so long as men die liberty will never perish... Soldiers don't give yourselves to brutes, men who despise you, enslave you, who regiment your lives, tell you what to do, what to think or what to feel, who drill you, diet you, treat you like cattle, use you as cannon fodder... Don't give yourselves to these unnatural men, machine men, with machine minds and machine hearts.  You are not machines. You are not cattle. You are men. You have the love of humanity in your hearts.

#75    Iron_Lotus

Iron_Lotus

Fudge

• 6,682 posts

Posted 08 July 2012 - 10:17 PM

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users