Jump to content




Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.


- - - - -

Re: astral projections/OBE


  • Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1    Ja9dreame

Ja9dreame

    Alien Embryo

  • Member
  • Pip
  • 60 posts
  • Joined:01 Sep 2011
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Oregon

  • "when life gives you a lemon, grab the tequila and call me over ;) "

Posted 11 April 2012 - 05:47 AM

i am very interested in what an astral projection is and how to do both. I have been meditating for awhile and come to a point where I get this tingly/fuzzy feeling. It's very wonderful to feel to be honest. Like I'm making a strong connection to my inner self and I noticed my life having positive effects by it. I am always, however looking to strenghen my experiences and move into other places of my mind and body. I see that you have made several references regarding this and am interested in your opinion of whether you believe that I would find the satisfaction that I'm seeking (based on what I have told you my interest in expanding my knowledge in this area and my equal interest in trying to grow myself as a whole) for lack of better term off the top of my head my apologies. Thank you in advance. I love learning new things of the mind! Janine


I apologize Seeker79 you were unable to receive any new messages through your profile so I had to go this route :rofl:  you must be a very busy person!


#2    Ja9dreame

Ja9dreame

    Alien Embryo

  • Member
  • Pip
  • 60 posts
  • Joined:01 Sep 2011
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Oregon

  • "when life gives you a lemon, grab the tequila and call me over ;) "

Posted 11 April 2012 - 06:26 AM

I also wanted to mention that when I meditate I'm always lying extremely still on my back. And normally before sleep. Not sure if this will help with my request :)


#3    White Crane Feather

White Crane Feather

    Seeker79

  • Member
  • 12,999 posts
  • Joined:12 Jul 2010
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:California

  • Potter: " is this real or is this in my mind?"

    Dumbledore: " Of course it's in your mind....., but that dosn't mean it's not real."

Posted 11 April 2012 - 09:03 AM

View PostJa9dreame, on 11 April 2012 - 05:47 AM, said:

i am very interested in what an astral projection is and how to do both. I have been meditating for awhile and come to a point where I get this tingly/fuzzy feeling. It's very wonderful to feel to be honest. Like I'm making a strong connection to my inner self and I noticed my life having positive effects by it. I am always, however looking to strenghen my experiences and move into other places of my mind and body. I see that you have made several references regarding this and am interested in your opinion of whether you believe that I would find the satisfaction that I'm seeking (based on what I have told you my interest in expanding my knowledge in this area and my equal interest in trying to grow myself as a whole) for lack of better term off the top of my head my apologies. Thank you in advance. I love learning new things of the mind! Janine


I apologize Seeker79 you were unable to receive any new messages through your profile so I had to go this route :rofl:  you must be a very busy person!
O crap, my box must be full. Yeah lots of people need help with sleep paralysis. It really is a big problem out there that doctors and psycologists don't seem to have any real therapies for other than antidepressant. My message box is jammed with conversations trying to help people through. For some it's like living in a nightmare world and they are afraid to sleep, some are just teens, I can't stand to watch them suffer.  I even created a cheesy little video to try and lighten the load a bit.

Yes... When you start training on OBEs you can learn incredible things. Not just about spiritual things either. It's a deep self reflective process. It's not always smooth sailing. There are growing.... Issues. But not everyone it depends on your own internal make up.

Start here. My tutorial is the second post.
http://www.unexplain...0

Tge biggest mistake I think people make is trying to be astral tourists with actually being spiritual people extended to others.

You should be able to pm me now :)

Edited by Seeker79, 11 April 2012 - 09:08 AM.

"I wish neither to possess, Nor to be possessed. I no longer covet paradise, more important, I no longer fear hell. The medicine for my suffering I had within me from the very beginning, but I did not take it. My ailment came from within myself, But I did not observe it until this moment. Now I see that I will never find the light.  Unless, like the candle, I am my own fuel, Consuming myself. "
Bruce Lee-

#4    _Only

_Only

  • Member
  • 6,782 posts
  • Joined:24 Oct 2008
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Northern California

  • Did you ever grow anything in the garden of your mind? You can grow ideas, in the garden of your mind. - Mr. Rogers

Posted 13 April 2012 - 05:05 AM

View PostJa9dreame, on 11 April 2012 - 05:47 AM, said:

i am very interested in what an astral projection is and how to do both. I have been meditating for awhile and come to a point where I get this tingly/fuzzy feeling.

Is that tingly/fuzzy feeling a really good, happy feeling all over? Or a weird vibrating, shaky feeling? Or do you get both? Just curious.

"I think there may be "ghost phenomenon" that may be still not fully understood or dismissed, but that doesn't make it spirits of the dead, anymore than "UFO" means "spaceship" or even "UFO" or "spaceship" is directly related to aliens, or anything else. There is way too much assumption and a baseless reliance on anecdotal lore, like when people assert this or that about the spirit world or the astral plane or Ouija board demons, or religion. I say 'says WHO?'" - Paranormalcy

#5    Ja9dreame

Ja9dreame

    Alien Embryo

  • Member
  • Pip
  • 60 posts
  • Joined:01 Sep 2011
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Oregon

  • "when life gives you a lemon, grab the tequila and call me over ;) "

Posted 15 April 2012 - 02:37 AM

View Post_Only, on 13 April 2012 - 05:05 AM, said:

Is that tingly/fuzzy feeling a really good, happy feeling all over? Or a weird vibrating, shaky feeling? Or do you get both? Just curious.


Good question. When I experience it it is all over my body. It is a fuzzy feeling in my head and tingling all over my body. It's not at all terrifying. It feels very good. It is not at all sexual in case that gets misinterpreted. I guess "happy" wasn't the best description for at the time but when I choose to come out of this deep meditation I feel very happy, content and relaxed. I have a time or two even felt energized..this made it very difficult to fall asleep until wee hours of the early morning but is not the norm. I can usually turn to my side and fall asleep very quickly. I have once experienced this feeling while lying on my left side and only one time have experienced this feeling while sitting up. But it is not typical for me. The norm is I have to be lying on my back, meditating. Hope that answered the questions correctly to how you were asking them. If not or even if I have, I am very happy to describe or answer anymore questions :)


#6    Ja9dreame

Ja9dreame

    Alien Embryo

  • Member
  • Pip
  • 60 posts
  • Joined:01 Sep 2011
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Oregon

  • "when life gives you a lemon, grab the tequila and call me over ;) "

Posted 15 April 2012 - 02:39 AM

You know vibrating/tingling I'd say it could be considered both. It is a fuzzy feeling (not warm and fuzzy) but fuzzy and deep into myself in my head area.


#7    bLu3 de 3n3rgy

bLu3 de 3n3rgy

    sit vis vobiscum

  • Member
  • 11,987 posts
  • Joined:22 Apr 2006
  • Gender:Female

Posted 15 April 2012 - 02:58 AM

As you are connecting to your inner self, you feel your energy body and potential expand/vibrate at a higher level. Doing some light chakra energy work in your meditations might interest you.

Attached Thumbnails

  • Chakraperson.jpg

The Astral Projection Techniques Thread Here
*Golden rule, anything you extract, fill with light -- the universe doesn't like voids to be left.
Posted Image

#8    Ja9dreame

Ja9dreame

    Alien Embryo

  • Member
  • Pip
  • 60 posts
  • Joined:01 Sep 2011
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Oregon

  • "when life gives you a lemon, grab the tequila and call me over ;) "

Posted 15 April 2012 - 03:15 AM

Thank you. I was always interested to know what exactly was happening when I get to that state. If I wasn't able to get to a certain place while meditating (in my opinion when I have a less successful time reaching a deeper meditation but of course didn't have the ability to prove this is what was really happening, jmo) then I felt less relaxed and content but it could just be me having expectations. I like that you posted about chakras. I actually begin every meditation with a cleansing of them of sorts..imagining that at the top of my head (sorry I'm not familiar with what all the chakras are, just where they are located) is open to an energy flow (I imagine it as a bright white light for myself) and I breathe in for 4 counts and as I do I imagine the where the light would travel in my body starting from the entrance point (being the top of my head) and work my way down. Ensuring that I do not finish until my whole body (and all chakras) have been cleansed with this energy. I guess it could be important to an outsider to know that my breathing pattern of choice is in for 4 secs making sure it's a deep breath that raises my stomach (Not chest breaths-not looking to cause any panic attacks here haha) then out for 8 secs expelling all the air and in my mind as the energy is traveling down it is expelling any negative out the soles of my feet. If I alter my breathing at all say I breathe in for 5 secs I then just adjust my exhale to 10 secs. I just make sure that however it is for me I double the number of secs I inhale to exhale all that matters is I am relaxing and accomplishing what I set out to do.

I'm not sure if this something familiar to anyone else or not, but it has made a ginormous difference in my life and my happiness and over all health. I never go into a meditation anymore without doing this first. I find my session less fulfilling to my body if I don't.

Funny if anyone would have told me this even a few yrs ago I probably wouldve said it's all in their heads.. Ironically I guess that where for me it starts ;)

I will read your thread Anvil, I'd love to learn more about this! I appreciate your suggestion. :)


#9    bLu3 de 3n3rgy

bLu3 de 3n3rgy

    sit vis vobiscum

  • Member
  • 11,987 posts
  • Joined:22 Apr 2006
  • Gender:Female

Posted 15 April 2012 - 03:48 AM

View PostJa9dreame, on 15 April 2012 - 03:15 AM, said:



I'm not sure if this something familiar to anyone else or not, but it has made a ginormous difference in my life and my happiness and over all health. I never go into a meditation anymore without doing this first. I find my session less fulfilling to my body if I don't.

Funny if anyone would have told me this even a few yrs ago I probably wouldve said it's all in their heads.. Ironically I guess that where for me it starts ;)

I will read your thread Anvil, I'd love to learn more about this! I appreciate your suggestion. :)

There is no wrong way to do it, some techniques with breathing counts and rates and directing energy flow in certain ways can help a person achieve certain states/effects or for certain purposes. But going ad-lib and doing what feels natural/right to you with your energy work is also a great and very healing thing to do.

Breathing properly is key, most people do not breath properly at all, but real good stomach connected breaths is what moves and ignites your energy. I'm so glad you have noticed the difference between applying this kind of energy/breath work and not. By doing it you are connecting yourself to all your subtle bodies, including astral body.

Quote

Funny if anyone would have told me this even a few yrs ago I probably wouldve said it's all in their heads.. Ironically I guess that where for me it starts ;)

Yep its a normal reaction but understandable if someone has no concept of what it feels like to feel their energy/energy field. But once they do it changes everything because it opens up another layer of awareness. A lot of people pass on the energy work exercises which is a shame since it comes into it's own with astral projection sooner or later.

Ever tried anything like reiki ? i don't normally say this but you have a very healing energy field, you are very green and calming :tu:

The Astral Projection Techniques Thread Here
*Golden rule, anything you extract, fill with light -- the universe doesn't like voids to be left.
Posted Image

#10    _Only

_Only

  • Member
  • 6,782 posts
  • Joined:24 Oct 2008
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Northern California

  • Did you ever grow anything in the garden of your mind? You can grow ideas, in the garden of your mind. - Mr. Rogers

Posted 15 April 2012 - 04:31 AM

View PostJa9dreame, on 15 April 2012 - 02:37 AM, said:

Good question. When I experience it it is all over my body. It is a fuzzy feeling in my head and tingling all over my body. It's not at all terrifying. It feels very good. It is not at all sexual in case that gets misinterpreted. I guess "happy" wasn't the best description for at the time but when I choose to come out of this deep meditation I feel very happy, content and relaxed. I have a time or two even felt energized..this made it very difficult to fall asleep until wee hours of the early morning but is not the norm. I can usually turn to my side and fall asleep very quickly. I have once experienced this feeling while lying on my left side and only one time have experienced this feeling while sitting up. But it is not typical for me. The norm is I have to be lying on my back, meditating. Hope that answered the questions correctly to how you were asking them. If not or even if I have, I am very happy to describe or answer anymore questions :)

Thanks, I was just wondering since I've felt both a great, "fuzzy all over" feeling before, and also the usual shaky buzzy feeling all over that people often describe. Still can't figure out which you mean, but that's okay, heh. Was just being nosy.

Hope you get some help trying to do what you want to here. I thought about attempting to learn how to take astral trips, but I've decided that can wait for awhile. Though the starting point electric buzzing has happened to me 3 times recently. And even last night, I was listening to a half hour binaural beat backed meditation tune, and I drifted off, but was woken up by my head pushing forward a bit, like I was getting up really fast, then go back down, and I woke up. But it was a weird thing I've never experienced before. I recognized the head moving forward, but also recognized my actual head still on the pillow. First time that type of thing has ever happened.

Anyway, good luck.

"I think there may be "ghost phenomenon" that may be still not fully understood or dismissed, but that doesn't make it spirits of the dead, anymore than "UFO" means "spaceship" or even "UFO" or "spaceship" is directly related to aliens, or anything else. There is way too much assumption and a baseless reliance on anecdotal lore, like when people assert this or that about the spirit world or the astral plane or Ouija board demons, or religion. I say 'says WHO?'" - Paranormalcy

#11    Ja9dreame

Ja9dreame

    Alien Embryo

  • Member
  • Pip
  • 60 posts
  • Joined:01 Sep 2011
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Oregon

  • "when life gives you a lemon, grab the tequila and call me over ;) "

Posted 15 April 2012 - 04:59 AM

View PostAnVil, on 15 April 2012 - 03:48 AM, said:

There is no wrong way to do it, some techniques with breathing counts and rates and directing energy flow in certain ways can help a person achieve certain states/effects or for certain purposes. But going ad-lib and doing what feels natural/right to you with your energy work is also a great and very healing thing to do.

Breathing properly is key, most people do not breath properly at all, but real good stomach connected breaths is what moves and ignites your energy. I'm so glad you have noticed the difference between applying this kind of energy/breath work and not. By doing it you are connecting yourself to all your subtle bodies, including astral body.

Thank you I agree about the importance of making sure you're breathing correctly. It was actually something I learned when I was a child taking music lessons for my clarinet. I have to be honest that I was too young to understand why, I just simply followed instructions cause it was important to me to be the best with my instrument I could and it worked :) a few yrs ago I learned that many people actually don't realize that the way that they are breathing makes a difference in their mental health as well as bodily health. So I always try to make sure that i pay attention to breathing techniques and it has helped my pain tolerance (since it is human nature to hold your breath when you feel pain but breathing through pain of any sort actually helps it to pass more easily. Learned in a class I took (not for labor no lol) ) so thank you for bringing that up.



Yep its a normal reaction but understandable if someone has no concept of what it feels like to feel their energy/energy field. But once they do it changes everything because it opens up another layer of awareness. A lot of people pass on the energy work exercises which is a shame since it comes into it's own with astral projection sooner or later.

Ever tried anything like reiki ? i don't normally say this but you have a very healing energy field, you are very green and calming :tu



To be honest, I'm not sure what reiki is. I have heard of it but couldn't explain what it was if my 8 yr old asked haha. I'd be very interested in learning about this :) also, I'd love to learn more of what you found in my aura and what more it means to me. I think it's fascinating. Thank you


#12    Ja9dreame

Ja9dreame

    Alien Embryo

  • Member
  • Pip
  • 60 posts
  • Joined:01 Sep 2011
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Oregon

  • "when life gives you a lemon, grab the tequila and call me over ;) "

Posted 15 April 2012 - 05:10 AM

View Post_Only, on 15 April 2012 - 04:31 AM, said:

Thanks, I was just wondering since I've felt both a great, "fuzzy all over" feeling before, and also the usual shaky buzzy feeling all over that people often describe. Still can't figure out which you mean, but that's okay, heh. Was just being nosy.

Hope you get some help trying to do what you want to here. I thought about attempting to learn how to take astral trips, but I've decided that can wait for awhile. Though the starting point electric buzzing has happened to me 3 times recently. And even last night, I was listening to a half hour binaural beat backed meditation tune, and I drifted off, but was woken up by my head pushing forward a bit, like I was getting up really fast, then go back down, and I woke up. But it was a weird thing I've never experienced before. I recognized the head moving forward, but also recognized my actual head still on the pillow. First time that type of thing has ever happened.

Anyway, good luck.


Lol let's see I think that a fuzzy/buzzing feeling is exactly the way to describe how I felt as well! I would say based on what you have described what you have felt, it is close to if not exact to what I was trying to describe as well. It did feel good to me. It wasn't scary to me at all. It wasn't a shock type vibration I guess is what I didn't want anyone to think :)

Have you described that feeling of your head lifting the pillow at all to seeker79? I'm not a pro by any means of AP but it sounds like you may have been starting the process even if unintentionally from the way it felt compared to what I've read of others experiences. Maybe since you had already gotten to the "vibrational" stage if I read correctly, then maybe your body was ready and started to try? I have read that people have unintentionally had the experience. Maybe seeker79 can offer something on it to tell you for sure? How awesome. Did it startle you at all? I have to be honest. I'm getting comfortable with the idea, but you know how the unknown can be intimidating! I haven't gotten the courage to get that far :) Not knowing what you experienced for sure, are you able to tell me what you thought of the situation after becoming more conscience and realizing what you had just experienced?



#13    _Only

_Only

  • Member
  • 6,782 posts
  • Joined:24 Oct 2008
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Northern California

  • Did you ever grow anything in the garden of your mind? You can grow ideas, in the garden of your mind. - Mr. Rogers

Posted 15 April 2012 - 05:45 AM

View PostJa9dreame, on 15 April 2012 - 05:10 AM, said:

Lol let's see I think that a fuzzy/buzzing feeling is exactly the way to describe how I felt as well! I would say based on what you have described what you have felt, it is close to if not exact to what I was trying to describe as well. It did feel good to me. It wasn't scary to me at all. It wasn't a shock type vibration I guess is what I didn't want anyone to think :)

Have you described that feeling of your head lifting the pillow at all to seeker79? I'm not a pro by any means of AP but it sounds like you may have been starting the process even if unintentionally from the way it felt compared to what I've read of others experiences. Maybe since you had already gotten to the "vibrational" stage if I read correctly, then maybe your body was ready and started to try? I have read that people have unintentionally had the experience. Maybe seeker79 can offer something on it to tell you for sure? How awesome. Did it startle you at all? I have to be honest. I'm getting comfortable with the idea, but you know how the unknown can be intimidating! I haven't gotten the courage to get that far :) Not knowing what you experienced for sure, are you able to tell me what you thought of the situation after becoming more conscience and realizing what you had just experienced?


It's hard to say the situation around the head popping up like that. I was listening to a very powerful binaural beat tune (first time I ever have), and it basically had completely zoned me out. What popped me out of that was the head lifting up quickly. In the split second this happened and I became aware of it, it went back down, or "in". And I was fully conscious again, which just happened to be right as the tune ended. I took a second or two to become fully aware, and noticed the song go into its fading ending. I hadn't noticed any buzzing before the heady experience, because I was basically zoned out. Maybe it happened just before I popped up, but who knows.

Here's the video of the tune I listened to, in case you're interested in checking it out. It's 30 minutes, and it was very effective. Curious if you or any others may experience a similar experience right before the song fades to end. Or at least coming back to full consciousness at the same moment I did.



"I think there may be "ghost phenomenon" that may be still not fully understood or dismissed, but that doesn't make it spirits of the dead, anymore than "UFO" means "spaceship" or even "UFO" or "spaceship" is directly related to aliens, or anything else. There is way too much assumption and a baseless reliance on anecdotal lore, like when people assert this or that about the spirit world or the astral plane or Ouija board demons, or religion. I say 'says WHO?'" - Paranormalcy




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users