- Doesn't actually need blood to live, but it will make him stronger and younger-looking
- Doesn't eat regular food
- No shadow
- No reflection in mirror
- "has the strength of many of his hand"
- can become a wolf, a bat, or "come on moonlight rays as elemental dust", or he can become mist, but the "mist is limited, and it can only be round himself". However, if "he be not at the place whither he is bound ( i.e. "his earth-home, his coffin-home, his hell-home, the place unhallowed"), he can only change himself at noon or at exact sunrise or sunset."
- Can become small ( i.e. can "slip through a hairbreadth space at the tomb door" )
- "can, when once he find his way, come out from anything or into anything, no matter how close it be bound or even fused up with fire"
- can see in the dark
- can't enter a place unless invited
- becomes powerless in daylight (but doesn't necessarily die or burst into flames)
- "can only pass running water at the slack or the flood of the tide"
- in the presence of garlic or a crucifix, "he take his place far off and silent with respect"
- he is confined to his coffin if the branch of a wild rose is placed on
- can be killed be a wooden stake, decapitation, or a shot from a "sacred bullet"
(also he can control animals, but I couldn't find the quote)
full passage below ...
How did Dracula become a vampire?
Edited by Illuminerdi, 11 April 2012 - 06:46 PM.