Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Is this a Parrot on Mars

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#1    anonemus9

anonemus9

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 08:33 PM

http://news.discover...ars-120411.html

Weblink to the article on discover.com above.

Pretty crazy discovery, maybe some disclosure will start now?

#2    Jeffertonturner

Jeffertonturner

Hero Squad

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,091 posts

• I may not be the smartest, or the best looking, or the most successful but...what was I saying? I'm depressed.

Posted 11 April 2012 - 08:43 PM

Disclosure about what??

It is sand that sort of looks like a parrot....

~Life goes by pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while -and do whatever you want all the time -you can miss it.~

#3    Conrad Clough

Conrad Clough

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 144 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 08:46 PM

The answer to the title of this thread is 'no'.

#4    Imaginarynumber1

Imaginarynumber1

I am not an irrational number

• 4,278 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 08:47 PM

"A cat has nine lives. For three he plays, for three he strays, and for the last three he stays."

July 17th, 2008 (Full moon the next night)

RAPTORS! http://www.unexplain...pic=233151&st=0

#5    JesseCuster

JesseCuster

Secret Jesus

• 2,963 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 08:54 PM

They spent six years working on this and concluded that's artwork of a parrot on Mars?

I weep for humanity.

"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself and you are the easiest person to fool." - Richard P. Feynman

#6    Still Waters

Still Waters

Deeply Mysterious

• 37,800 posts

• Que Sera, Sera - Whatever will be, will be..

Posted 11 April 2012 - 08:55 PM

"This is a good example of the phenomena 'pareidolia,' where we see things (such as animals) that aren't really there," University of Arizona planetary geologist Alfred McEwen wrote in an update posted on the university's HiRISE website.

It's the same as this -

http://www.unexplain...howtopic=225292

Posted Image

#7    Robbie333

Robbie333

"Seek and you shall find"

• 2,790 posts

• Do not stand at my grave and weep
    I am not there; I do not sleep.

Posted 11 April 2012 - 08:57 PM

View Postanonemus9, on 11 April 2012 - 08:33 PM, said:

They have crackers on Mars? Cool

Robbie James

#8    _Only

_Only

• 6,515 posts

• Did you ever grow anything in the garden of your mind? You can grow ideas, in the garden of your mind. - Mr. Rogers

Posted 11 April 2012 - 08:59 PM

View PostStill Waters, on 11 April 2012 - 08:55 PM, said:

"This is a good example of the phenomena 'pareidolia,' where we see things (such as animals) that aren't really there," University of Arizona planetary geologist Alfred McEwen wrote in an update posted on the university's HiRISE website.

It's the same as this -

http://www.unexplain...howtopic=225292

I would've gone with this, one of my favorite threads: http://www.unexplain...howtopic=213870

Long live Birdman. They don't have to believe for you to exist! ^_^

I love to make mashups! Click here to hear!
I also love taking pictures! Click here to see!
I love to play drums, too! Whatever you do, don't click here!

#9    Child of Bast

Child of Bast

Queen of the UM Asylum

• 4,967 posts

• The Mad Hatter: "Have I gone mad?"
    Alice: "I'm afraid so. You're entirely bonkers.But I'll tell you a secret: all the best people are."

Posted 11 April 2012 - 09:06 PM

Sure it's a parrot! Just like this is an elephant on Mars. It's a typical habit of our eyes and brains making recognisable patterns out of anything.

'A phantom,' said my Uncle Mycroft, who had just materialised, 'is essentially a heteromorphic wave pattern that gains solidity when the apparition converts thermal energy from the surroundings to visible light. It's a fascinating process and I'm amazed no one has thought of harnessing it - a holographic TV that could operate from the heat given off by an average-size guinea pig.' ~ First Among Sequels, Jasper Fforde

#10    grendals_bane

grendals_bane

Master Procrastinator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,058 posts

• I have a great mind to believe in Christianity for the mere pleasure of fancying I may be damned. - Byron

Posted 11 April 2012 - 11:00 PM

View Postanonemus9, on 11 April 2012 - 08:33 PM, said:

Disclosure about what exactly? That an alien with a jumbo box of crayons is drawing really bad pictures on Mars?

"There is no such thing as good and evil, just various shades of grey."

#11    anonemus9

anonemus9

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 11:24 PM

2 Reasons I posted it

1."an anatomically correct, three-dimensional rendering of a parrot on Mars that is too accurate for chance.

So concludes an independent team of two geologists, three veterinarians and a sculptor"

2. "avian-shaped formation that exhibits a unique set of proportional features"

News.discovery.com doesn't usually write things like that unless they're decently backed.

That is all, rest of the posts are on you. I'm done on this one.

#12    anonemus9

anonemus9

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 11:32 PM

_Only...thanks for the link to the other post, awesome info.

Go figure, more hate and narrow mindedness on that post too.

for others...I put a comment on disclosure on there to rile you up (of course there is no such thing at this moment, nor will our government do it even if it were possible)...looks like you took the bait, suckers.

#13    Aus Der Box Skeptisch

Aus Der Box Skeptisch

apologist by opinion

• 2,766 posts
  • Location:arizona (originally the wisconsin/minnesota area eh!)

• Holding on to anger is like grasping a hot coal with the intent of throwing it at someone else; you are the one who gets burned. ―Siddhārtha Gautama

Posted 11 April 2012 - 11:35 PM

Paredolia.... the last picture shows all if it was a sculpture then no high resolution would be necessary.  Also the person pushing the subject is writing a book for profit. Seems like he has reason to convince people of the farce. Well that's my two bits worth anyways....

"Though I stand in opposition to you, I am not opposed to you. Night and Day stand in opposition to each other, but they are not opposed to each other -they are merely two halves of the same coin."

#14    Aus Der Box Skeptisch

Aus Der Box Skeptisch

apologist by opinion

• 2,766 posts
  • Location:arizona (originally the wisconsin/minnesota area eh!)

• Holding on to anger is like grasping a hot coal with the intent of throwing it at someone else; you are the one who gets burned. ―Siddhārtha Gautama

Posted 11 April 2012 - 11:41 PM

View Postanonemus9, on 11 April 2012 - 11:32 PM, said:

_Only...thanks for the link to the other post, awesome info.

Go figure, more hate and narrow mindedness on that post too.

for others...I put a comment on disclosure on there to rile you up (of course there is no such thing at this moment, nor will our government do it even if it were possible)...looks like you took the bait, suckers.
Was any of this post necessary ... no need to be defensive. You shared an article and it was discussed. I apologize for the discussion not going the way you had hoped but all in all it was discussed. Thank you for sharing the article.

"Though I stand in opposition to you, I am not opposed to you. Night and Day stand in opposition to each other, but they are not opposed to each other -they are merely two halves of the same coin."

#15    anonemus9

anonemus9

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 11:58 PM

View PostAus Der Box Skeptisch, on 11 April 2012 - 11:41 PM, said:

Was any of this post necessary ... no need to be defensive. You shared an article and it was discussed. I apologize for the discussion not going the way you had hoped but all in all it was discussed. Thank you for sharing the article.

Understandable, but if being defensive is unnecessary, so is making a mockery of the post. Two wrongs don't make a right.

Therefore, if one is okay, the other has to be too. So you decide, either only serious responses or the poster has the right to defend their position in a way they see fit. It can't be mockery and no response.

Also, if you saw my only other thread, it was brutal immediately, and I tried an experiment with the disclosure comment. I was just saying, it worked. Didn't need the suckers, though. I would apologize for calling them suckers, but they are the ones making a mockery of the post, relating to my prior point. Was it necessary in the first place.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users