Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

U.S. Tightens Rules on Livestock Antibiotics

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1    questionmark

questionmark

Cinicus Magnus

• 39,142 posts

• In a flat world there is an explanation to everything.

Posted 11 April 2012 - 08:48 PM

www.nytimes.com said:

Farmers and ranchers will for the first time be required to get a prescription from a veterinarian before using antibiotics in cattle, pigs, chickens and other animals, federal food regulators announced on Wednesday. Officials hope the move will slow the indiscriminate use of the drugs, which has made them increasingly ineffective in humans.

Farmers and ranchers will for the first time be required to get a prescription from a veterinarian before using antibiotics in cattle, pigs, chickens and other animals, federal food regulators announced on Wednesday.

Posted Image Read more...

Wow, after 40 years of preaching and presenting evidence they finally react. Good job guys... and start loosing hope for global warming!

A skeptic is a well informed believer and a pessimist a well informed optimist
The most dangerous views of the world are from those who have never seen it. ~ Alexander v. Humboldt
If you want to bulls**t me please do it so that it takes me more than a minute to find out

about me

#2    Simbi Laveau

Simbi Laveau

Overlord A. Snuffleupagus

• 8,266 posts

• ~So what's all this then ?!

Posted 12 April 2012 - 04:56 AM

Didn't I comment on this ?
Ahh well,I hope its all good.I mean it is the FDA.
I trust their good intentions about as much as a trust a school of piranha to not eat me if I dive into their pool,but I will be optimistic.
*tell self to be optimistic*

Miss me?

#3    glorybebe

glorybebe

Omnipotent Entity

• 8,891 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 10:51 PM

View PostSimbi Laveau, on 12 April 2012 - 04:56 AM, said:

Didn't I comment on this ?
Ahh well,I hope its all good.I mean it is the FDA.
I trust their good intentions about as much as a trust a school of piranha to not eat me if I dive into their pool,but I will be optimistic.
*tell self to be optimistic*

LOL, I know!  well, let's hope this catches on.

Save the Earth! It's the only planet with chocolate!

#4    MissMelsWell

MissMelsWell

Cosmic Baker

• 13,510 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 06:19 AM

So I wonder what kind of "deal" the FDA made with the drug companies? Where is their kick back going to come from since they actually made a decision that was healthy for the population? Wonder if they agreed to let pharma quadruple their prices. It's got to be something. Just haven't figured out what yet.

"It's time for the American people to stand up and shrug off the shackles of our government at TSA at the airport"  Ron Paul

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users