Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Do Intelligent Dinosaurs Really Rule

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#1    sean6

sean6

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 408 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 02:10 AM

Do Intelligent Dinosaurs Really Rule Alien Worlds?

It sounds like the ultimate science fiction storyline: what if the dinosaurs weren't wiped-out by an asteroid impact 65 million years ago? Perhaps they'd still be alive today, in an advanced evolutionary state, developing their space program and their own asteroid impact mitigation strategies. Sadly for us, this would have probably meant that mammals wouldn't have gotten a foothold and the fledgling human race would have become glorified dino-chum.

http://blogs.discove...64f2b2fe970b-pi

http://blogs.smithso...urs-from-space/

i fine this Interesting and POSSIBLE, maybe not here on earth  but elsewhere in the  universe  ? who says Aliens have to look like us.

Edited by sean6, 12 April 2012 - 02:42 AM.

#2    tangledweb16

tangledweb16

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 33 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 02:22 AM

No.

#3    Mentalcase

Mentalcase

Space Cadet

• 5,369 posts

• Most Thugish Member of the Six Worst Men of the Apfelschnaps

Posted 12 April 2012 - 02:25 AM

Are you suggesting that multiple species of dinosaurs left Earth? I think it would be more plausible to say, maybe one. Although, since we know they were nowhere near that level of intelligence, the answer is no. Boring I know!

http://ancientaliensdebunked.com/  <~Ancient Aliens DEBUNKED!
I think that it is much more likely that the reports of flying saucers are the results of the known irrational characteristics of terrestrial intelligence than of the unknown rational efforts of extra-terrestrial intelligence ~Richard Feynman http://www.myspace.com/7leafclover

#4    StarMountainKid

StarMountainKid

Cheese

• 5,319 posts

• We have problems because we stray from what is innocent and pure.

Posted 12 April 2012 - 03:08 AM

Why could dinosaurs not have evolved into and intelligent species if they had not been wiped-out? After the dinosaur era ended, I think it would be impossible to predict human beings would have evolved from the mammals that survived the meteor impact.

I think it would be equally impossible to predict what species, if any, would have evolved intelligence had that catastrophic event not have happened.

Intelligent Dinosaur.jpg

The acceptance of authority does not lead to intelligence.
A mind untouched by thought...the end of knowledge.
To see reality loose your opinions.

#5    Mentalcase

Mentalcase

Space Cadet

• 5,369 posts

• Most Thugish Member of the Six Worst Men of the Apfelschnaps

Posted 12 April 2012 - 04:05 AM

View PostStarMountainKid, on 12 April 2012 - 03:08 AM, said:

Why could dinosaurs not have evolved into and intelligent species if they had not been wiped-out? After the dinosaur era ended, I think it would be impossible to predict human beings would have evolved from the mammals that survived the meteor impact.

I think it would be equally impossible to predict what species, if any, would have evolved intelligence had that catastrophic event not have happened.

Attachment Intelligent Dinosaur.jpg
I can agree with that logic. I don't think it is impossible for them to evolve this way. Only that they didn't. If they did, we have yet to see any evidence. It is rather strange how fast humans evolved.

http://ancientaliensdebunked.com/  <~Ancient Aliens DEBUNKED!
I think that it is much more likely that the reports of flying saucers are the results of the known irrational characteristics of terrestrial intelligence than of the unknown rational efforts of extra-terrestrial intelligence ~Richard Feynman http://www.myspace.com/7leafclover

#6    psyche101

psyche101

The Customer.

• 37,164 posts

• If you stop to think, Remember to start again

Posted 12 April 2012 - 04:23 AM

View PostStarMountainKid, on 12 April 2012 - 03:08 AM, said:

Attachment Intelligent Dinosaur.jpg

:D Dale Russell's Dinosauroid!

Very few scientists agree with this extrapolation, if any. Naish I believe put up quite a decent debate opposing Russell's conception, he  argued that a large-brained, highly intelligent troodontid would retain a more standard theropod body plan, with a horizontal posture and long tail, and would probably manipulate objects with the snout and feet in the manner of a bird, rather than with human-like “hands”

Ronald Breslow is just blowing hot air I think. There might be a billion planets with intelligent Dinosaurs, there might be none. Not a one ever got that far so was have no way of making comparisons. The Dinosaurs were in the throes of dying out when the meteor hit. It is not even certain that the meteor changed all that much after all.

Massive volcanoes, meteorite impacts delivered one-two death punch to dinosaurs

Princeton-led researchers found that a trail of dead plankton spanning half a million years provides a timeline that links the mass extinction to large-scale eruptions of the Deccan Traps, a primeval volcanic range in western India that was once three times larger than France. A second Princeton-based group uncovered traces of a meteorite close to the Deccan Traps that may have been one of a series to strike the Earth around the time of the mass extinction, possibly wiping out the few species that remained after thousands of years of volcanic activity.

Things are what they are. - Me Reality can't be debunked. That's the beauty of it. - Capeo If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants. - Sir Isaac Newton Let me repeat the lesson learned from the Sturrock scientific review panel: Pack up your old data and forget it. Ufology needs new data, new cases, new rigorous and scientific methodologies if it hopes ever to get out of its pit. - Ed Stewart Youtube is the last refuge of the ignorant and is more often used for disinformation than genuine research.  There is a REASON for PEER REVIEW... - Chrlzs Nothing is inexplicable, just unexplained. - Dr Who

#7    psyche101

psyche101

The Customer.

• 37,164 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 04:28 AM

View PostMentalcase, on 12 April 2012 - 04:05 AM, said:

I can agree with that logic. I don't think it is impossible for them to evolve this way. Only that they didn't. If they did, we have yet to see any evidence. It is rather strange how fast humans evolved.

??

The Toumai example is 6-7 million years old?

Things are what they are. - Me Reality can't be debunked. That's the beauty of it. - Capeo If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants. - Sir Isaac Newton Let me repeat the lesson learned from the Sturrock scientific review panel: Pack up your old data and forget it. Ufology needs new data, new cases, new rigorous and scientific methodologies if it hopes ever to get out of its pit. - Ed Stewart Youtube is the last refuge of the ignorant and is more often used for disinformation than genuine research.  There is a REASON for PEER REVIEW... - Chrlzs Nothing is inexplicable, just unexplained. - Dr Who

#8    Jacques Terreur

Jacques Terreur

Poltergeist

• 2,408 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 05:18 AM

it's probably slightly off topic, but given an infinitive number of parallel universes, that actually HAPPENED. Also,there is one parallel world where i'm just riding a dinosaur...cool...

#9    psyche101

psyche101

The Customer.

• 37,164 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 06:04 AM

View PostJacques Terreur, on 12 April 2012 - 05:18 AM, said:

it's probably slightly off topic, but given an infinitive number of parallel universes, that actually HAPPENED. Also,there is one parallel world where i'm just riding a dinosaur...cool...

Where are these parallel Universes, and how do you know they actually happened?  To the best of my knowledge, paralel universes have not been proven to exist?

#10    Rlyeh

Rlyeh

Forum Divinity

• 10,297 posts

• Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Posted 12 April 2012 - 07:03 AM

View PostJacques Terreur, on 12 April 2012 - 05:18 AM, said:

And one you're being mauled by a dinosaur, but how do you know they happened? Parallel universes are theoretical.

#11    Jacques Terreur

Jacques Terreur

Poltergeist

• 2,408 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 08:17 AM

View Postpsyche101, on 12 April 2012 - 06:04 AM, said:

Where are these parallel Universes, and how do you know they actually happened?  To the best of my knowledge, paralel universes have not been proven to exist?

i didn't claim they're actually there, i was just being hypothetically...trying to throw in a scenario where the whole post at least kind of makes sense! ;)

#12    quillius

quillius

52.0839° N, 1.4328° E

• 5,546 posts

• A man should look for what is, and not for what he thinks should be.
    Albert Einstein

Posted 12 April 2012 - 08:35 AM

quick question, the dinosaurs had the physical presence to dominate a land full of food, why would they have needed intelligence?

Did we not evolve intelligence to enable us to be the dominant species?

#13    Jacques Terreur

Jacques Terreur

Poltergeist

• 2,408 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 09:07 AM

View PostRlyeh, on 12 April 2012 - 07:03 AM, said:

And one you're being mauled by a dinosaur, but how do you know they happened? Parallel universes are theoretical.

i know, i know....but so are most of the discussions/theories here, too. Here, it was 5 in the morning when i posted that, you cannot expect me to be elaborate at that time!! ;)

#14    itsnotoutthere

itsnotoutthere

Telekinetic

• 7,168 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 01:02 PM

There is something you seem to have overlooked. Dinosaurs were around for approximately 135 million years & never became intelligent.
We as 'intelligent' homo sapiens have been around for approximately 250 thousand years. Dinosaurs hardly jumped off the starting blocks to become intelligent did they? In fact it seems they didn't hear the starting gun.

“Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies.”
― Groucho Marx

#15    TerryZ

TerryZ

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 01:47 PM

View Postsean6, on 12 April 2012 - 02:10 AM, said:

Do Intelligent Dinosaurs Really Rule Alien Worlds?

It sounds like the ultimate science fiction storyline: what if the dinosaurs weren't wiped-out by an asteroid impact 65 million years ago? Perhaps they'd still be alive today, in an advanced evolutionary state, developing their space program and their own asteroid impact mitigation strategies. Sadly for us, this would have probably meant that mammals wouldn't have gotten a foothold and the fledgling human race would have become glorified dino-chum.

http://blogs.discove...64f2b2fe970b-pi

http://blogs.smithso...urs-from-space/

i fine this Interesting and POSSIBLE, maybe not here on earth  but elsewhere in the  universe  ? who says Aliens have to look like us.

It's possible but purely speculative. The earth and it's place in the galaxy were quite different 65 plus million years ago. The stellar neighborhood shifts in that time frame as the solar system moves around the center of the galaxy. It's possible that they may have moved and settled other planets with the help of others.

I happen to have written a novel on just this topic and I've supported the storyline with references from current scientific publications. if you are interested look for "Nodal Convergence" on Amazon or at the web site for the novel:

http://gravidynamics.net/Books.htm

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users