10 -You vigorously deny the existence of thousands of gods claimed by other religions, but feel outraged when someone denies the existence of yours. - I do deny the existence of other gods, but I do not feel outraged when someone denies the existence of mine. 0 points.
9 -You feel insulted and "dehumanized" when scientists say that people evolved from other life forms, but you have no problem with the Biblical claim that we were created from dirt. - I am a Theistic Evolutionist and therefore have no problem with the scientific explanation of life, and that evolution (if that is how we came to be) is a process that was guided by God. 0 points.
8 -You laugh at polytheists, but you have no problem believing in a Triune God. - I do not laugh at polytheists, but I do believe in one God who is comprised of a triune element. 1/2 point.
7 -Your face turns purple when you hear of the "atrocities" attributed to Allah, but you don't even flinch when hearing about how God/Jehovah slaughtered all the babies of Egypt in "Exodus" and ordered the elimination of entire ethnic groups in "Joshua" including women, children, and trees! - I often defend the Qu'ran under the same "out of context" view as people use against the Bible. But I do defend the "atrocities" (including the evil done against trees, lol) in the Bible as necessary actions. 1/2 point.
6 -You laugh at Hindu beliefs that deify humans, and Greek claims about gods sleeping with women, but you have no problem believing that the Holy Spirit impregnated Mary, who then gave birth to a man-god who got killed, came back to life and then ascended into the sky. - I do not laugh at Hindu or Greek claims about their gods. But I do believe that Jesus is fully 100% God. 1/2 point.
5 -You are willing to spend your life looking for little loopholes in the scientifically established age of Earth (few billion years), but you find nothing wrong with believing dates recorded by Bronze Age tribesmen sitting in their tents and guessing that Earth is a few generations old. - I have no problem believing the age of the earth to be billions of years. 0 points.
4 -You believe that the entire population of this planet with the exception of those who share your beliefs --though excluding those in all rival sects -will spend Eternity in an infinite Hell of Suffering. And yet consider your religion the most "tolerant" and "loving." - I do not believe that non-Christians will suffer for eternity, but I do believe there are eternal consequences for not believing. For the sake of argument I give a full 1 point for this, because I do believe in consequences for rejecting Jesus.
3 -While modern science, history, geology, biology, and physics have failed to convince you otherwise, some idiot rolling around on the floor speaking in "tongues" may be all the evidence you need to "prove" Christianity. - I'm not a Pentacostal/Charismatic, I don't put stock in Tongues and rolling on the floor. 0 points.
2 -You define 0.01% as a "high success rate" when it comes to answered prayers. You consider that to be evidence that prayer works. And you think that the remaining 99.99% FAILURE was simply the will of God. - I believe God answers 100% of prayers. He may not always answer them in the way we want him to, but he answers all. 0 points.
1 -You actually know a lot less than many atheists and agnostics do about the Bible, Christianity, and church history -but still call yourself a Christian. - I don't want to sound like I'm boasting, but I think I have a fairly good grasp of the Bible, Christianity, and church history. And I still call myself a Christian. 0 points.
Total - 2.5/10
Where in this list do you feel I should be more "Christian" in my belief?
Edited by Paranoid Android, 13 April 2012 - 06:42 AM.