Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Aliens exsist or not?

• Please log in to reply
92 replies to this topic

#1    1Ophelia

1Ophelia

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 31 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 11:46 AM

I'm asking for everyone's opinion wether or not you believe any other life source exsists beyound planet earths atmosphere?

#2    mandu

mandu

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 2 posts

• Power of the bushes and nan also adverse bumpy.

Posted 12 April 2012 - 12:05 PM

Yes. There is many source beyound.

/|˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚|\
<{˘˘˘˘˘˘˘˘}>

\/^\/^\/^\/^\/

#3    Lilly

Lilly

Forum Divinity

• 19,271 posts

• "To thine own self be true" William Shakespeare

Posted 12 April 2012 - 12:09 PM

My opinion is that the odds are very high (just about certain) that there's some type of life elsewhere in the Universe. Now, as for there being advanced highly intelligent life, the odds decrease. As for this advanced highly intelligent life visiting the Earth, the odds become lesser yet (most likely not). Just my personal 2 cents worth on the subject.

"Ignorance is ignorance. It is a state of mind, not an opinion." ~MID~

Posted Image

#4    1Ophelia

1Ophelia

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 31 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 12:18 PM

The way I understand IT is that the universe is simply just to big for there not to be any other life source out there! =) As simple as that.

Thoughts...

#5    grendals_bane

grendals_bane

Master Procrastinator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,066 posts

• I have a great mind to believe in Christianity for the mere pleasure of fancying I may be damned. - Byron

Posted 12 April 2012 - 12:46 PM

There is most likely some form of alien life somewhere in the universe.

As to aliens advanced enough to visit us, I seriously doubt.

"There is no such thing as good and evil, just various shades of grey."

#6    itsnotoutthere

itsnotoutthere

Telekinetic

• 7,170 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 12:51 PM

I'll go with 'not'.

“Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies.”
― Groucho Marx

#7    Mallaliak

Mallaliak

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 237 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 01:19 PM

I will say.. Maybe. Would be quite a dissapointment if there wasn't even a one-celled organism existing out there.

"Actually I would consider predator detection a major driving factor, being eaten has major disadvantages to spreading your genes." - Mattshark

#8    Jacques Terreur

Jacques Terreur

Poltergeist

• 2,444 posts

• "I'm Garth Marenghi.
    Author. Dreamweaver. Visionary. Plus Actor."

Posted 12 April 2012 - 01:49 PM

i'm convinced that there are at least some microbes out there and it's a matter of time until science will prove it. If there will be / was any attempt of contact with our species by an intelligent lifeform keeps me fascinated for years, but it's a 50/50 chance at its best. If they're out there and REALLY intelligent, they better avoid us....;)

#9    DBunker

DBunker

Government Agent

• 3,486 posts

• I prefer to know, not just to believe.

Posted 12 April 2012 - 03:27 PM

Im sure of it. Im also sure that its just a matter of time until we will find aliens (microbial) on Mars, Titan, Europa.

As for intelligent ETs..... probably, somewhere out there.

Now that communications technology has made it possible to give global reach to the bizarre and archive it forever, it is essential for men and women of reason resolutely to counter the delusions of the fringe element. James S. Robbins

#10    Conrad Clough

Conrad Clough

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 148 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 03:34 PM

Yes I believe there is life elsewhere in the universe besides this rather insignificant planet, I am, however, very skeptical of the idea that aliens come here in flying saucers to probe around in hillbilly butts.

#11    Arbitran

Arbitran

Post-Singularitan Hyperturing Synthetic Intelligence

• 2,767 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 01:13 AM

View Post1Ophelia, on 12 April 2012 - 11:46 AM, said:

I'm asking for everyone's opinion wether or not you believe any other life source exsists beyound planet earths atmosphere?

Absolutely yes. Every place where life can take root, it will evolve and adapt to that environment. Not all life results in intelligent life; and not all intelligent life results in space-faring races. But even so, there are millions of space-faring races; far more intelligent species; and billions upon countless billions of worlds where the seeds of life have sprouted.

Try to realize it's all within yourself / No-one else can make you change / And to see you're really only very small / And life flows on within you and without you. / We were talking about the love that's gone so cold and the people / Who gain the world and lose their soul / They don't know they can't see are you one of them? / When you've seen beyond yourself then you may find peace of mind / Is waiting there / And the time will come / when you see we're all one and life flows on within you and without you. ~ George Harrison

#12    Macroramphosis

Macroramphosis

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 319 posts

• "The clever men at Oxford
    Know all that there is to be knowed.
    But they none of them know one half as much
    As intelligent Mr. Toad!"

Posted 13 April 2012 - 01:34 AM

It would be typically egotistical of the human race to say no to this question, when it fact nothing can be proved or disproved.  But numerically, any odds are better than there being life on just one planet, as we are the undeniable proof that "it" can happen.

Personally, I am quite happy to think that there are many intelligent life-forms out there  -  as Lily says, quite how many are competent at space travel is a different matter, but if you imagine that humans will be happily burning through the galaxies within a few more hundred or thousand years, then there should be no logical barrier to assuming that somewhere out there a life-form much older than us is already doing it.

I'd hazard a guess that such a lifeform will be something beyond our comprehension, and their method of travel will be something far removed from our mechanical limitations. And we are really only considering this dimension too, when we discuss this. I believe that there are other dimension to be discovered and it may be that one of these dimensions may be the key to space travel. It may be the key to understanding the whole of everything, too.

Anyway, 42's the real answer. We all know that.

“You can't stay in your corner of the Forest waiting for others to come to you. You have to go to them sometimes.”

#13    itsnotoutthere

itsnotoutthere

Telekinetic

• 7,170 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 07:13 PM

View PostArbitran, on 13 April 2012 - 01:13 AM, said:

Absolutely yes. Every place where life can take root, it will evolve and adapt to that environment. Not all life results in intelligent life; and not all intelligent life results in space-faring races. But even so, there are millions of space-faring races; far more intelligent species; and billions upon countless billions of worlds where the seeds of life have sprouted.

said with such conviction but pure conjecture for all that.

“Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies.”
― Groucho Marx

#14    Arbitran

Arbitran

Post-Singularitan Hyperturing Synthetic Intelligence

• 2,767 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 01:16 AM

View Postitsnotoutthere, on 13 April 2012 - 07:13 PM, said:

said with such conviction but pure conjecture for all that.

You only say that because you are for some reason convinced that it couldn't be the case. Why?

Try to realize it's all within yourself / No-one else can make you change / And to see you're really only very small / And life flows on within you and without you. / We were talking about the love that's gone so cold and the people / Who gain the world and lose their soul / They don't know they can't see are you one of them? / When you've seen beyond yourself then you may find peace of mind / Is waiting there / And the time will come / when you see we're all one and life flows on within you and without you. ~ George Harrison

#15    badeskov

badeskov

Forum Divinity

• 12,650 posts

• Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please - Mark Twain

Posted 14 April 2012 - 01:27 AM

View PostArbitran, on 14 April 2012 - 01:16 AM, said:

You only say that because you are for some reason convinced that it couldn't be the case. Why?

Because you state as fact what has no evidence whatsoever to support it - that is conjecture. Pure and simple.

Cheers,
Badeskov

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention to arrive safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming: Wow!! What a ride!". Said to to Dean Karnazes by a running buddy.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users