Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Results of the Russian LAH Group Expeditions

• Please log in to reply
104 replies to this topic

#1    ancientpolygon

ancientpolygon

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 81 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 12:13 PM

This is a video which I recently translated and narrated from Russian. If you are not familiar with the Laboratory of Alternative History, they are a group of Russian scientists, mathematicians, physicists and historians which travels around the world in search of traces left by an advanced ancient civilization. Here, their leading researcher Andrey Sklyarov gives a talk (with photos) detailing evidence of an advanced ancient civilization which existed on Earth in ancient times. This evidence was collected and photographed from 2004 to 2011 in the countries of Egypt, Peru, Mexico and Bolivia among many others. Some of the evidence discussed here details the use of advanced machining methods used in construction and the fabrication of various ancient objects.

Depending on how this video is received, I may translate some of their other videos and lectures including a whole series on Peru and Bolivia as well as Egypt.

Subtitles are available for those interested in spelling of the various names. Click on CC in the video player.

Video:

Watch it and let me know what you think.

Edited by ancientpolygon, 12 April 2012 - 12:14 PM.

#2    Abramelin

Abramelin

-

• 18,108 posts
  • Location:"Here the tide is ruled, by the wind, the moon and us."

• God created the world, but the Dutch created the Netherlands

Posted 12 April 2012 - 01:16 PM

Thanks for the video and of course, your translation, Ancientpolygon.

I am not a stone mason - and these things have been discussed for ages on this site - but it was one of the most fascinating videos I have seen for a long time.

I would certainly love to see the other translated videos.

++

Forgot to welcome you to this site, lol. Well, with a video like that, no surprise eh?

Edited by Abramelin, 12 April 2012 - 01:33 PM.

#3    ancientpolygon

ancientpolygon

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 81 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 03:12 PM

Thank you very much Abramelin, and thank you for the welcome as well!!

#4    lilthor

lilthor

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 335 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 05:15 PM

View Postancientpolygon, on 12 April 2012 - 12:13 PM, said:

Watch it and let me know what you think.

Excellent video.  Please do share the others.

Tool marks like those shown are hard evidence that prove diorite pounders and bow-drills are explanations only for those who refuse to open their eyes.

Well done.

Edited by lilthor, 12 April 2012 - 05:28 PM.

#5    Abramelin

Abramelin

-

• 18,108 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 06:46 PM

View Postlilthor, on 12 April 2012 - 05:15 PM, said:

Excellent video.  Please do share the others.

Tool marks like those shown are hard evidence that prove diorite pounders and bow-drills are explanations only for those who refuse to open their eyes.

Well done.

Like I said, I'm no stone mason, so my opinion about the video isn't worth that much.

I do know there are people posting on this board who do have experience with sculpting stone, and I hope they show up in this thread.

What I liked about the video - despite, heh, ancient super-advanced civilizations and maybe even 'aliens' entering the picture - is the sober way of presenting.

For once, no loony bull to wade through.

#6    jules99

jules99

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,035 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 09:27 PM

View Postancientpolygon, on 12 April 2012 - 12:13 PM, said:

This is a video which I recently translated and narrated from Russian. If you are not familiar with the Laboratory of Alternative History, they are a group of Russian scientists, mathematicians, physicists and historians which travels around the world in search of traces left by an advanced ancient civilization.
Hi ancientpolygon;
Thanks for doing the work translating and welcome to UM.
I love to see the ancient peoples still have us guessing how they achieved what they did with stone.
More translations would be great thanks when you have time. That fine tube of nephrite has me curious, does anyone know anymore about it?

#7    questionmark

questionmark

Cinicus Magnus

• 35,293 posts

• In a flat world there is an explanation to everything.

Posted 12 April 2012 - 09:46 PM

View PostAbramelin, on 12 April 2012 - 06:46 PM, said:

Like I said, I'm no stone mason, so my opinion about the video isn't worth that much.

I do know there are people posting on this board who do have experience with sculpting stone, and I hope they show up in this thread.

What I liked about the video - despite, heh, ancient super-advanced civilizations and maybe even 'aliens' entering the picture - is the sober way of presenting.

It is the old song: a harder material cannot be shock formed by a softer one (ye right, how is it that water can make holes in there?) and it is impossible to grind diamonds because there is nothing harder....

And fingers touching the central column of the Portico de La Gloria (Cathedral of Jacob the Elder, Santiago de Compostela) does not form stone either:Posted Image

As this image shows so clearly.

Edited by questionmark, 12 April 2012 - 09:46 PM.

A skeptic is a well informed believer and a pessimist a well informed optimist
The most dangerous views of the world are from those who have never seen it. ~ Alexander v. Humboldt
If you want to bulls**t me please do it so that it takes me more than a minute to find out

about me

#8    Abramelin

Abramelin

-

• 18,108 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 09:57 PM

That is no way near to the images I saw in that video.

Watch the goddamn video.

#9    lilthor

lilthor

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 335 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 10:32 PM

View PostAbramelin, on 12 April 2012 - 06:46 PM, said:

I'm not a stone cutter (per se) either, but I do have an extensive background in advanced machining.  These Russian investigators (and Dunn too) know what they're talking about when it comes to the value of tool marks as trace evidence.

And if we get another sketch of a couple of skinny AE hunched over a bow drill as 'evidence' that precision stone machining was common in 2,500BC Egypt, I'll say it's only evidence that there's fringe at both ends of this carpet.

Btw, the image in the video of the guy with his reflection on the underside of granite box lid is astonishing.

#10    Abramelin

Abramelin

-

• 18,108 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 10:39 PM

View Postlilthor, on 12 April 2012 - 10:32 PM, said:

I'm not a stone cutter (per se) either, but I do have an extensive background in advanced machining.  These Russian investigators (and Dunn too) know what they're talking about when it comes to the value of tool marks as trace evidence.

And if we get another sketch of a couple of skinny AE hunched over a bow drill as 'evidence' that precision stone machining was common in 2,500BC Egypt, I'll say it's only evidence that there's fringe at both ends of this carpet.

Btw, the image in the video of the guy with his reflection on the underside of granite box lid is astonishing.

And if we get another sketch of a couple of skinny AE hunched over a bow drill as 'evidence'

Be honest, they didnt show you that in this video.

This guy was blunt honest, no fringe crappola, just facts and an a dry account of what he saw with his own eyes.

I am longing for more.

#11    questionmark

questionmark

Cinicus Magnus

• 35,293 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 10:40 PM

View PostAbramelin, on 12 April 2012 - 10:39 PM, said:

This guy was blunt honest, no fringe crappola, just facts and an a dry account of what he saw with his own eyes.

I am longing for more.

Then go out get yourself a hunk of rock and see for yourself if it possible.

The most dangerous views of the world are from those who have never seen it. ~ Alexander v. Humboldt
If you want to bulls**t me please do it so that it takes me more than a minute to find out

about me

#12    lilthor

lilthor

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 335 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 10:58 PM

View PostAbramelin, on 12 April 2012 - 10:39 PM, said:

No...and I didn't mean to suggest they did.  Such inane sketches ARE put forth by others from time to time here on UM as 'proof' though.  Hall of Ma'at comes to mind.

No, this video is very down-to-earth insofar as the physical evidence goes.

I think it's a huge and most intriguing mystery.

#13    lilthor

lilthor

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 335 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 11:03 PM

View Postquestionmark, on 12 April 2012 - 09:46 PM, said:

It is the old song: a harder material cannot be shock formed by a softer one (ye right, how is it that water can make holes in there?) and it is impossible to grind diamonds because there is nothing harder....

And fingers touching the central column of the Portico de La Gloria (Cathedral of Jacob the Elder, Santiago de Compostela) does not form stone either:Posted Image

As this image shows so clearly.

That looks like the result of a bad meal, not precision machining.

#14    PersonFromPorlock

PersonFromPorlock

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,338 posts

• Few things do more harm than the belief that life should be Dramatic.

Posted 12 April 2012 - 11:06 PM

OK, if the question is if a hard material can be worked with a softer one, it's pretty well established that if two materials of different hardness are rubbed together, the harder one is worn away. The reason for this counter-intuitive result is that atmospheric dust, which is both sharp and very hard, embeds in the softer surface which then abrades the harder one like a sanding block.

#15    questionmark

questionmark

Cinicus Magnus

• 35,293 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 11:07 PM

View Postlilthor, on 12 April 2012 - 11:03 PM, said:

That looks like the result of a bad meal, not precision machining.

true, but as you can see here, and all around Angkor Wat you don't need any rocket science to "precision machine rock". A few yards of rope and some trees suffice:

Posted Image

Edit: Garble

Edited by questionmark, 12 April 2012 - 11:10 PM.

about me

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users