Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

please help me explain this one!

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1    hans2323

hans2323

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 11:21 AM

this is hands down the strangest and most unexplainable event in my life.  I was in front of my dad's house in Seattle, Wa sometime around midnight smoking a cig next to my car. Suddenly I heard a noise coming from above and saw something falling down towards my car so I ducked. what happened next is hard to describe properly but it sounded like hundreds of huge drops of something smacking my car all at once, kind of like a gattling gun. When I turned around to face my car, I saw it was covered from headlight to taillight with over 500 spots of what looked like bird poop.  I still can't find any explination for what it was or how it happened. I thought maybe bats all go at the same time but I haven't heard of that happening. I would love to hear a good explanation for what the hell happened that night. thanx

#2    Yes_Man

Yes_Man

hi

• 8,244 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 12:04 PM

Could be paintballs

#3    NatureBoff

NatureBoff

SandersonHapgood

• Banned
  • 3,491 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 12:25 PM

View Posthans2323, on 13 April 2012 - 11:21 AM, said:

this is hands down the strangest and most unexplainable event in my life.  I was in front of my dad's house in Seattle, Wa sometime around midnight smoking a cig next to my car. Suddenly I heard a noise coming from above and saw something falling down towards my car so I ducked. what happened next is hard to describe properly but it sounded like hundreds of huge drops of something smacking my car all at once, kind of like a gattling gun. When I turned around to face my car, I saw it was covered from headlight to taillight with over 500 spots of what looked like bird poop.  I still can't find any explination for what it was or how it happened. I thought maybe bats all go at the same time but I haven't heard of that happening. I would love to hear a good explanation for what the hell happened that night. thanx
Very interesting. I did a quick search and found this Mystery poop!. Any similarity by any chance? (See attached)

I'm convinced it's a bird dropping but it has me totally bamboozled. The conformity shows a small gut but a large mass, perhaps from a bird that's sitting on eggs.

Here's something which sounds about right Small City Invaded by Feathered Fans of Hitchcock

Until recently, the strange claim to fame for La Grange, Kentucky, was having railroad tracks running through the pavement of downtown making freight trains mingle with rush hour traffic. But for the past three months, the city has turned into a scene straight out of The Birds. Thousands of blackbirds descend upon three miles of woodland near La Grange on a nightly basis for no known reason. Toward dawn, the thick fog of birds lifts and flies away. No one has been pecked to death by a murder of crows (or, more properly starlings, as suggested by wildlife experts) yet, but some locals have taken to carrying umbrellas even on sunny days… just to avoid being buried alive in bird poop.

Aside from dodging these bird bombs – and cleaning cars a whole lot more often – some of the 8,082 residents have blamed the birds for a mysterious outbreak of respiratory problems, though there hasn’t been any concrete evidence connecting the two. Try as they might, the birds can’t seem to be scared away by loud noises or other deterrents. When the thick black cloud of pooping mystery will be over is anyone’s guess.

Wow, here's a video of the same thing!Mysterious Goo Found on Cars, Driveways

Attached Files

Edited by tailormaneinafog, 13 April 2012 - 12:33 PM.

The object, known by the locals as "Bicho Voador" (Flying Animal), or "Bicho Sugador" (Sucking Animal), has the shape of a rounded ship and attacks people in isolation.

#4    Sakari

Sakari

tohi

• 12,358 posts
  • Location:Safford, Arizona...My heart and soul are still on the Oregon Coast.

• Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Posted 13 April 2012 - 05:25 PM

Have to tell you, and sorry if it sounds mean, but this made me laugh picturing it......I can just see the WTF !!!!! expression........

I am sure it is not Paranormal, so start off by what does fly at night......

Were you near light sources?...I live on the Oregon Coast, and work on a Bay, I see Sea Gulls flying around all night.......My sister and brother in  law had one crap on their car while driving, they had to pull over right away to wash off windshield........Maybe a few Sea Gulls, they can really un-load.

Edit : forgot, that bird may have vomited on them, not pooped....

Edited by Sakari, 13 April 2012 - 05:29 PM.

Our Wolf's Memorial Page

http://petsupports.com/a04/sakari.htm

#5    Sakari

Sakari

tohi

• 12,358 posts

• Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Posted 13 April 2012 - 07:21 PM

If you come back........

Read and watch this.....

http://www.theindych...357/detail.html

Our Wolf's Memorial Page

#6    LadyB

LadyB

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 29 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 08:55 PM

Something very similar happen to me and my mother many years ago. It was when we were out running errands. We got to wherever it was were going and parked under this small tree. We ran into the store and came out in less than five minutes, when we got back to the care it was covered in bird poop. I mean every single inch of it... YUCK!!!!

#7    George Ford

George Ford

smile

• 2,823 posts

• "Quickly, I require your fingers."

Posted 14 April 2012 - 09:46 PM

How long did the 'downpour' last was it over just a few seconds or was in instant? How big was the impact area i.e Was it just the car or all around. Please give more details.

“Extraordinary claims require extraoardinary evidence”

~
Carl Sagan

#8    Rafterman

Rafterman

Telekinetic

• 6,709 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 01:08 PM

If I were to speculate, I would say that you parked under a tree that had some kind of bird flock roosting in it for the night and that your car was already pretty well covered in poo and you just didn't notice it until you heard several hit at one time.

"You can't have freedom of religion without having freedom from the religious beliefs of other people."

#9    SolarPlexus

SolarPlexus

Warrior of Light

• 3,871 posts

• .....This moment contains all moments.....

...You dont have a Soul. You are a Soul. You have a body.....

Posted 16 April 2012 - 12:41 AM

When I turned around to face my car, I saw it was covered from headlight to taillight with over 500 spots of what looked like bird poop.

A flock of pigeons took a dump?

"In questions of science, the authority of a thousand is not worth the humble reasoning of a single individual."
Galileo Galilei
Posted Image
"Who never walks save where he sees men's tracks makes no discoveries."J.G. Holland

#10    Enchntress

Enchntress

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 28 posts

• No good deed goes unpunished.

Posted 16 April 2012 - 04:56 PM

Maybe a prankster bird has discovered the "Brown Note". *pictures a young, Cartman-like bird finally hitting the perfect tone and pitch while tweeting* :P

Like others have said, it most likely IS bird poo. We've all heard of strange weather phenomenon where frogs, snails, stones, fish etc., fall from the sky in large as well as relatively small areas. Meteorologist explain these weird events by pointing out what sometimes happens with hail - it may start out very small, but during certain weather conditions, it just kind of swirls around up there like a mini cyclone, clumping together until it gets too heavy and gravity takes over.

I'm thinking along those same lines, but bird ka-ka instead. Maybe all the poo off-loaded by a flock in flight was caught up in one of these mini cyclones?? It's possible and I would prefer this explaination to a rogue, "Cartman Bird" out to cover the world in poo!! Gives a whole new meaning to the phrase "Flying Deus", eh?!!?

Let's all celebrate the fact that elephants don't fly.... :unsure2:

#11    hans2323

hans2323

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 10:36 PM

View Postbulveye, on 14 April 2012 - 09:46 PM, said:

How long did the 'downpour' last was it over just a few seconds or was in instant? How big was the impact area i.e Was it just the car or all around. Please give more details.

I read the replies and all are thoughts i've considered and none fit the event.

It happened in an instant, less than a second. It covered almost every square inch of my car with well over 500 milky white spots, each with a dark spot, almost like a yoke. There were 2 or 3 spots that hit the ground within a foot or so of my car. other than that they all hit my car. It would have taken an extreme amount of skill to place them the way they were. I'd really like some peace of mind if anyone has an answer.

#12    Mr Right Wing

Mr Right Wing

Poltergeist

• Banned
  • 2,924 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 10:39 PM

I think maybe a plane dumped its toilet load on you lol.

#13    rogue trooper

rogue trooper

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 9 posts

• Belief is the enemy

Posted 27 April 2012 - 01:14 PM

Are you sure it's guano, not some other substance?

#14    Sakari

Sakari

tohi

• 12,358 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 03:56 AM

View Posthans2323, on 26 April 2012 - 10:36 PM, said:

I read the replies and all are thoughts i've considered and none fit the event.

It happened in an instant, less than a second. It covered almost every square inch of my car with well over 500 milky white spots, each with a dark spot, almost like a yoke. There were 2 or 3 spots that hit the ground within a foot or so of my car. other than that they all hit my car. It would have taken an extreme amount of skill to place them the way they were. I'd really like some peace of mind if anyone has an answer.

So, the car had around 500 perfectly placed pieces of **** on it.....3 on the ground.

And it happened in a matter of seconds......

That is pretty damn efficient......What are the odds?

I am wondering if the car is not the only thing full of **** here.....  :blush:

Edited by Sakari, 28 April 2012 - 03:57 AM.

Our Wolf's Memorial Page

#15    sickpuppy

sickpuppy

tinfoil

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,353 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 04:57 PM

some birds like miners will congregate in a tree for the night, it's not uncommon for something to spook them and they'll all fly off haphazardly, looking for another roost. most animals also will evacuate their bowels in a situation like that (fight or flight, which for humor purposes i've reworked into crap or attack)

/shrugs

My contribution is deciding how giant mutant space goats travel in space.
Newton's Second Law: For every action there is a equal and opposite reaction. They fart themselves around.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users