Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

please help me explain this one!

hans2323

this is hands down the strangest and most unexplainable event in my life. I was in front of my dad's house in Seattle, Wa sometime around midnight smoking a cig next to my car. Suddenly I heard a noise coming from above and saw something falling down towards my car so I ducked. what happened next is hard to describe properly but it sounded like hundreds of huge drops of something smacking my car all at once, kind of like a gattling gun. When I turned around to face my car, I saw it was covered from headlight to taillight with over 500 spots of what looked like bird poop. I still can't find any explination for what it was or how it happened. I thought maybe bats all go at the same time but I haven't heard of that happening. I would love to hear a good explanation for what the hell happened that night. thanx

this is hands down the strangest and most unexplainable event in my life. I was in front of my dad's house in Seattle, Wa sometime around midnight smoking a cig next to my car. Suddenly I heard a noise coming from above and saw something falling down towards my car so I ducked. what happened next is hard to describe properly but it sounded like hundreds of huge drops of something smacking my car all at once, kind of like a gattling gun. When I turned around to face my car, I saw it was covered from headlight to taillight with over 500 spots of what looked like bird poop. I still can't find any explination for what it was or how it happened. I thought maybe bats all go at the same time but I haven't heard of that happening. I would love to hear a good explanation for what the hell happened that night. thanx

Very interesting. I did a quick search and found this Mystery poop!. Any similarity by any chance? (See attached)
I'm convinced it's a bird dropping but it has me totally bamboozled. The conformity shows a small gut but a large mass, perhaps from a bird that's sitting on eggs.

Here's something which sounds about right Small City Invaded by Feathered Fans of Hitchcock

Until recently, the strange claim to fame for La Grange, Kentucky, was having railroad tracks running through the pavement of downtown making freight trains mingle with rush hour traffic. But for the past three months, the city has turned into a scene straight out of The Birds. Thousands of blackbirds descend upon three miles of woodland near La Grange on a nightly basis for no known reason. Toward dawn, the thick fog of birds lifts and flies away. No one has been pecked to death by a murder of crows (or, more properly starlings, as suggested by wildlife experts) yet, but some locals have taken to carrying umbrellas even on sunny days… just to avoid being buried alive in bird poop.

Aside from dodging these bird bombs – and cleaning cars a whole lot more often – some of the 8,082 residents have blamed the birds for a mysterious outbreak of respiratory problems, though there hasn’t been any concrete evidence connecting the two. Try as they might, the birds can’t seem to be scared away by loud noises or other deterrents. When the thick black cloud of pooping mystery will be over is anyone’s guess.

Wow, here's a video of the same thing!Mysterious Goo Found on Cars, Driveways

post-94765-0-92837000-1334319867_thumb.j

post-94765-0-62191700-1334319875_thumb.j

Edited by tailormaneinafog

Have to tell you, and sorry if it sounds mean, but this made me laugh picturing it......I can just see the WTF !!!!! expression........

I am sure it is not Paranormal, so start off by what does fly at night......

Were you near light sources?...I live on the Oregon Coast, and work on a Bay, I see Sea Gulls flying around all night.......My sister and brother in law had one crap on their car while driving, they had to pull over right away to wash off windshield........Maybe a few Sea Gulls, they can really un-load.

Edit : forgot, that bird may have vomited on them, not pooped....

Edited by Sakari

Something very similar happen to me and my mother many years ago. It was when we were out running errands. We got to wherever it was were going and parked under this small tree. We ran into the store and came out in less than five minutes, when we got back to the care it was covered in bird poop. I mean every single inch of it... YUCK!!!!

How long did the 'downpour' last was it over just a few seconds or was in instant? How big was the impact area i.e Was it just the car or all around. Please give more details.

If I were to speculate, I would say that you parked under a tree that had some kind of bird flock roosting in it for the night and that your car was already pretty well covered in poo and you just didn't notice it until you heard several hit at one time.

When I turned around to face my car, I saw it was covered from headlight to taillight with over 500 spots of what looked like bird poop.

A flock of pigeons took a dump?

Maybe a prankster bird has discovered the "Brown Note". *pictures a young, Cartman-like bird finally hitting the perfect tone and pitch while tweeting* :P

Like others have said, it most likely IS bird poo. We've all heard of strange weather phenomenon where frogs, snails, stones, fish etc., fall from the sky in large as well as relatively small areas. Meteorologist explain these weird events by pointing out what sometimes happens with hail - it may start out very small, but during certain weather conditions, it just kind of swirls around up there like a mini cyclone, clumping together until it gets too heavy and gravity takes over.

I'm thinking along those same lines, but bird ka-ka instead. Maybe all the poo off-loaded by a flock in flight was caught up in one of these mini cyclones?? It's possible and I would prefer this explaination to a rogue, "Cartman Bird" out to cover the world in poo!! Gives a whole new meaning to the phrase "Flying Deus", eh?!!?

Let's all celebrate the fact that elephants don't fly.... :unsure2:

• 2 weeks later...

How long did the 'downpour' last was it over just a few seconds or was in instant? How big was the impact area i.e Was it just the car or all around. Please give more details.

I read the replies and all are thoughts i've considered and none fit the event.

It happened in an instant, less than a second. It covered almost every square inch of my car with well over 500 milky white spots, each with a dark spot, almost like a yoke. There were 2 or 3 spots that hit the ground within a foot or so of my car. other than that they all hit my car. It would have taken an extreme amount of skill to place them the way they were. I'd really like some peace of mind if anyone has an answer.

I think maybe a plane dumped its toilet load on you lol.

I read the replies and all are thoughts i've considered and none fit the event.

It happened in an instant, less than a second. It covered almost every square inch of my car with well over 500 milky white spots, each with a dark spot, almost like a yoke. There were 2 or 3 spots that hit the ground within a foot or so of my car. other than that they all hit my car. It would have taken an extreme amount of skill to place them the way they were. I'd really like some peace of mind if anyone has an answer.

So, the car had around 500 perfectly placed pieces of **** on it.....3 on the ground.

And it happened in a matter of seconds......

That is pretty damn efficient......What are the odds?

I am wondering if the car is not the only thing full of **** here..... :blush:

Edited by Sakari
  • Like 1

some birds like miners will congregate in a tree for the night, it's not uncommon for something to spook them and they'll all fly off haphazardly, looking for another roost. most animals also will evacuate their bowels in a situation like that (fight or flight, which for humor purposes i've reworked into crap or attack)

/shrugs

• Like 1

to Sakari: Why would I lie? I'm not looking for publicity, just an explanation. Lying about the incident would be about as pointless as responding to a post just to say it's a lie...

I wouldn't post something that I could explain either. I have a witness who was next to me when it happened, thank god, otherwise it would definitely be a tough one to convince anyone that it actually happened that way. I've had a lot of strange things happen with astronomical odds of happening, no lies, but this one truly takes the cake.

one example of many is I met a friend a few months ago who was born on 6/23, a.k.a. St. Hans Eve. He moved here from Anchorage which was where a girl that i dated in highschool moved to and currently lives. It turns out that not only did they date, he lost his virginity to her. My name is Hans and I was born 9/23!!!

I have a lot of those "what are the odds" kind of things happen. Makes me wonder if coincidence is truly random. I'm really doubting my atheist ways these days

some birds like miners will congregate in a tree for the night, it's not uncommon for something to spook them and they'll all fly off haphazardly, looking for another roost. most animals also will evacuate their bowels in a situation like that (fight or flight, which for humor purposes i've reworked into crap or attack)

/shrugs

I think this explanation is the most likely one. Dude a lot of birds crapped on your car at the same time. Nothing more nothing less. Nothing spooky or paranormal, just lots of birds pooping at once.

one example of many is I met a friend a few months ago who was born on 6/23, a.k.a. St. Hans Eve. He moved here from Anchorage which was where a girl that i dated in highschool moved to and currently lives. It turns out that not only did they date, he lost his virginity to her. My name is Hans and I was born 9/23!!!

I have a lot of those "what are the odds" kind of things happen. Makes me wonder if coincidence is truly random. I'm really doubting my atheist ways these days

It's just a coincidence, they happen all the time, some more unlikely than others.

These coincidences are a lot more crazy than your one:

In 1975, while riding a moped in Bermuda, a man was accidentally struck and killed by a taxi. One year later, this man’s bother was killed in the very same way. In fact, he was riding the very same moped. And to stretch the odds even further, he was struck by the very same taxi driven by the same driver – and even carrying the very same passenger!

http://listverse.com/2007/11/12/top-15-amazing-coincidences/

to Sakari: Why would I lie? I'm not looking for publicity, just an explanation. Lying about the incident would be about as pointless as responding to a post just to say it's a lie...

I wouldn't post something that I could explain either. I have a witness who was next to me when it happened, thank god, otherwise it would definitely be a tough one to convince anyone that it actually happened that way. I've had a lot of strange things happen with astronomical odds of happening, no lies, but this one truly takes the cake.

Not sure why anyone lies.....Have you asked fish and wildlife about this?....Or just a Paranormal forum?....Call them, get back to us on their answer.

Coincidence.....My first wife "

Her B-day: May 12

Her Moms B-day : May 12

My B-day : May 12

When I was born, it was Mothers Day.

Not sure why anyone lies.....Have you asked fish and wildlife about this?....Or just a Paranormal forum?....Call them, get back to us on their answer.

Coincidence.....My first wife "

Her B-day: May 12

Her Moms B-day : May 12

My B-day : May 12

When I was born, it was Mothers Day.

Okay, are you sitting down for this?

Take the first part of that coincidental date (May), put "an 20" after it, then add the second part (12).

David%20Blaine%20Mitch.jpg

"There is no such thing as coincidence."

:lol:

• Like 1

Okay, are you sitting down for this?

Take the first part of that coincidental date (May), put "an 20" after it, then add the second part (12).

David%20Blaine%20Mitch.jpg

"There is no such thing as coincidence."

:lol:

Damn ! :w00t:

Parrallel universes are real. I know, I live it every day. Im not asking you to believe me about that but the membranes or whatever they are between these little pockets are not fool proof, things come throygh some times, I even have a tee shirt that was just hanging on my cloths line one morning, I have photos of overlaping transparrent images of trees and even what looks like a fence fallen down and decayed in a place where there is nothing. It could well be bird crap or it could be droppings from something bird like that doesnt exist here. Or any number of things, some of these parrallel worlds are almost exact, some not so much.

Parrallel universes are real. I know, I live it every day. Im not asking you to believe me about that but the membranes or whatever they are between these little pockets are not fool proof, things come throygh some times, I even have a tee shirt that was just hanging on my cloths line one morning, I have photos of overlaping transparrent images of trees and even what looks like a fence fallen down and decayed in a place where there is nothing. It could well be bird crap or it could be droppings from something bird like that doesnt exist here. Or any number of things, some of these parrallel worlds are almost exact, some not so much.

So you are proposing that some interdimensional bird-creature popped in for a second, took a massive dookay on the OP's car and then disappeared into a parallel universe? Just want to make sure I understand.

• 3 months later...

ding-ding-ding! I think we've found the answer. probably just a group of flying frogs from dimension 23 that **** themselves upon seeing a Volkswagen Jetta for the first time!

aahhh, thank god for wakkadoos. what a boring life it would be without