Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Coming Soon: ‘Taxmageddon’

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1    questionmark

questionmark

Cinicus Magnus

• 39,791 posts

• In a flat world there is an explanation to everything.

Posted 13 April 2012 - 08:42 PM

www.nytimes.com said:

ON Jan. 1 of next year, the federal tax bill for a typical middle-class household — making in the neighborhood of $50,000 — is scheduled to rise by about $1,750. This increase, which would come from the expiration of both the Bush tax cuts and the Obama stimulus, would come after a decade of little to no income growth for many people.As a result, inflation-adjusted, after-tax income for the median household could fall next year to its 1998 level, in spite of the continuing economic recovery.

The middle-class tax increase is just the beginning of budget changes set to take effect at the start of 2013.

Posted Image Read more...

A skeptic is a well informed believer and a pessimist a well informed optimist
The most dangerous views of the world are from those who have never seen it. ~ Alexander v. Humboldt
If you want to bulls**t me please do it so that it takes me more than a minute to find out

about me

#2    Sakari

Sakari

Rob Lester

• 14,459 posts
  • Location:Safford, Arizona...My heart and soul are still on the Oregon Coast.

• Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Posted 13 April 2012 - 09:21 PM

I am hoping enough people will be together by than, and enough martars, to have the revolution we need so bad......

It is beyond out of control.........

Discussing it will not help, voting will not help....

Past time for some serious action to be taken.

Our Wolf's Memorial Page

http://petsupports.com/a04/sakari.htm

#3    and then

and then

Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

• 17,784 posts

• I count him braver who overcomes his desires than him who conquers his enemies for the hardest victory is over SELF.
    Aristotle

Posted 14 April 2012 - 01:01 AM

The one upside to all this is that we will no longer have an incentive for career politicians.  They won't have money to bribe their constituencies with and so will begin the age of citizen servants in congress instead of million dollar thieves.

We've cast the world, we've set the stage,
  for what could be, the darkest age...
“This is like playing poker with a guy who cheated you twice before. You know who does that, a moron.

#4    questionmark

questionmark

Cinicus Magnus

• 39,791 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 11:27 AM

View Postand then, on 14 April 2012 - 01:01 AM, said:

The one upside to all this is that we will no longer have an incentive for career politicians.  They won't have money to bribe their constituencies with and so will begin the age of citizen servants in congress instead of million dollar thieves.

What you can't bribe your constituency with can be provided by your pals who want to have some laws passed. Notice how these pals will be mostly unaffected by the mess they caused.

The most dangerous views of the world are from those who have never seen it. ~ Alexander v. Humboldt
If you want to bulls**t me please do it so that it takes me more than a minute to find out

about me

#5    Rafterman

Rafterman

Telekinetic

• 7,409 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 12:56 PM

So, wait, the Bush tax cuts did benefit the middle class after all?

"For me, it is better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring."
                                                                                                                                           - Carl Sagan, The Demon-Haunted World:  Science as a Candle in the Dark

#6    questionmark

questionmark

Cinicus Magnus

• 39,791 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 06:05 PM

View PostRafterman, on 14 April 2012 - 12:56 PM, said:

So, wait, the Bush tax cuts did benefit the middle class after all?

No, but the Obama stimulus, that will also be cut. To remain informed you have to read the whole thing, not only the partial sentence you are interested in.

about me

#7    lightly

lightly

metaphysical therapist

• 7,002 posts

• "The future ain't what it used to be"
    Yogi Berra

Posted 14 April 2012 - 09:46 PM

.. i'm wondering , and worrying, about what happens if the dollar plunges.  How would we ever raise enough taxes/revenues to pay off  all of our Debt  with dollars  worth 35¢ ?

Important:  The above may contain errors, inaccuracies, omissions, and other limitations.

#8    questionmark

questionmark

Cinicus Magnus

• 39,791 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 09:50 PM

View Postlightly, on 14 April 2012 - 09:46 PM, said:

.. i'm wondering , and worrying, about what happens if the dollar plunges.  How would we ever raise enough taxes/revenues to pay off  all of our Debt  with dollars  worth 35¢ ?

As long as the dollar does not loose value in the country itself not much happens, if it looses due to inflation wages get higher, prices get higher and therefore tax revenues are higher. So same circus, different figures.

about me

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users