Jump to content




Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.


- - - - -

A ghost pretended to be my father, Twice!


  • Please log in to reply
76 replies to this topic

#1    bekindtoyurbuds

bekindtoyurbuds

    Alien Embryo

  • Member
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Joined:13 Apr 2012

Posted 14 April 2012 - 04:24 AM

One Night me and my mother (I was about 17) followed my dad down stairs....

We started on the 2nd story of our house, from the main living room, where the couch and TV are. Down the hallway (20ft), down the first flight of stairs (8ft), down the second flight of stairs (8ft), down the first level hallway (10ft), down another hallway (5ft) to the house/garage door entrance and into the laundry room

Me and my mother followed my father all the way from the upstairs to the down stairs a total, of at least 41ft, if not more. Keep in mind that we were two steps behind him the whole time, all the way from the upstairs room to the laundry room (down stairs), prob about 3 ft away from him the whole time. (if I would have taken a "double step" I could have touched him in the back)

Each time my dad turned a corner, 1 sec later, me and my mother turned the corner, with my dad in sight for 98% of the journey (from upstairs to downstairs)

when we turned the corner down the last stretch of (downstairs) hallway, ending in the Laundry room, we froze.......my dad was nowhere to be found.

I paused......said "what the hell" turned to look at my mom, (she gave me a weird look) and we both started calling for my dad. Who happened to be sitting upstairs where we started the journey.

My question is, WHO THE HELL DID WE FOLLOW INTO THE LAUNDRY ROOM IF IT WASN'T MY DAD???????? WE HAD OUR EYES ON WHATEVER IT WAS THE WHOLE TIME, AS WE FOLLOWED IT DOWNSTAIRS!!!!!!!!




If that isn't weird enough it happened again.


I was visiting my parents for the holiday, staying in my old room I have always had, since my parents have never changed it since I left.

I was sleeping in bed and woke up around 4 in the morning and was super thirsty, I decided to go back to sleep because if I got up to get some water I would probably never get back to sleep.

I woke up a few hours later because I had gotten a phone call (it was about 7:45am according to my cell phone), I answered, but nobody replied so I hung up , by this time I REALLY needed some water, so I had to get up. I had a cup next to my bed so I grabbed it and headed toward the bathroom to fill it up (which is just across the hall from my room, about 8 ft away)

As I opened my door, I noticed my dad standing in his robe messing with the TV (which is normal, as he normally will wake up and turn the TV on so he can watch it while getting ready for work) I said "good morning" and proceeded to walk to the bathroom to fill my cup with water and head back to bed.

As I was walking to the bathroom my father followed me, and proceeded to talk to me as I was filling my cup with water.......

I was half asleep at this point, and really couldn't comprehend anything that he had said to me, it was just all "gibberish" at the time.

He kept talking to me as I was heading back to my room, when I finally got to the door of my room,

I said "DAD! I don't know what the hell your talking about , I'm going back to sleep!" Then proceeded to walk into my room.

When I woke up a few hours later I remembered that my dad was talking to me when I went to get some water, a few hours before. All I could remember was that my dad was telling me that the house was a mess and to clean it up before he came home, I also remembered that I yelled at him.

Feeling super bad for yelling at my dad, as soon as I woke up I straightened everything in the house, cleaned the dishes, vacuumed the floors, basically I did everything to make the house look "spik and span",before he came home, it was perfect!

I waited around the house till about 6pm, still feeling bad for talking that way to my dad. As soon as my dad walked in the door, I was there to meet him, I told him that I was sorry for talking that way to him early this morning.

He looked puzzled......and said what?..........what are you talking about?

So I went over what had happened early in the morning and once again told him that I was sorry.

He then said "I didn't see you this morning" I said yeah, it was at.....(looking at my phone, to check the time when the person who had called me had woken me up).....7:45am..........

My dad then proceeded to tell me that he had to leave early for work that morning because the alarm at work had gone off.

He said that he left the house sometime around 3am in the morning and was no where near the house at or around 7:45am in the morning.............





ONCE AGAIN!!!!!!!! WHO THE HELL DID I TALK TOO EARLY THAT MORNING!!!!!!!


#2    coldethyl

coldethyl

    ~☆~Public Animal #9~☆~

  • Member
  • 16,331 posts
  • Joined:22 Mar 2005
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:~*★*~Under Your Eyelid~*★*~

  • ~*★*~I'm not in this world to live up to your expectations and you're not in this world to live up to mine.
    Bruce Lee~*★*~

Posted 14 April 2012 - 04:40 AM

I say always stay in front of him and put a jingle bell bracelet on him.

You'll always know it's him and he can't vanish if he's behind you.

See, simple really.

Welcome to UM.

Posted Image


#3    and then

and then

    Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

  • Member
  • 13,970 posts
  • Joined:15 Dec 2011
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Land's End

  • Because what came before never seems enough...

Posted 14 April 2012 - 05:49 AM

Welcome to UM, bekind.  This entity seems meanspirited no pun intended.  I mean, it's got all eternity and decides to punk you....twice?  What's that about?
Creepy story, man.

  We've cast the world, we've set the stage,
  for what could be, the darkest age...

#4    Furein

Furein

    Alien Embryo

  • Member
  • Pip
  • 24 posts
  • Joined:14 Apr 2012
  • Gender:Not Selected

  • Generally speaking, the Way of the warrior is resolute acceptance of death
    ~miyamoto musashi

Posted 14 April 2012 - 07:25 AM

im not an expert, but i have some experience, rarely (it does happen) do spirits of humans take on the identity of other humans simply put, you wouldn't act like someone else unless necessary(on the run, or identity thief, etc.) now the most common misconception is that ghosts/spirits/souls are of some other something, realistically they are the disembodied souls of dearly departed HUMANS. Now there are other ethereal beings that exist demons/angels/lost souls/and some other less savory characters, now from what you pointed out, my guess is either a slightly mischievous poltergeist, which is really nothing to be super on guard with. or a demon, which is usually signified by the ability to fully manifest and the speaking in gibberish, but since no harm was actually done, i dont think you have much to worry about, if you do happen to cross paths with it, my favorite way of determining what they are is blatantly asking its name, they are usually reluctant to appear to you after that since names carry weight this side the veil or the other.


#5    Acenaspheru

Acenaspheru

    Extraterrestrial Entity

  • Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 496 posts
  • Joined:28 Sep 2005
  • Gender:Not Selected
  • Location:somewhere out of my mind

  • Even the very old die young when they have truly learned to love.

Posted 14 April 2012 - 01:18 PM

something similar happened to my mom last week. she was home alone and she had just laid down when she heard the front door unlock and open and then close then she saw my dad come in and get something out of his drawer. then she said like his usual routine he went in the kitchen and opened things and made a sandwich...and she got up because he hadn't said hello or come back in the room after everything had settled in the kitchen.

the door was still locked nothing had been touched in the kitchen, and my dad was no where to be seen. so when she called him, she found out he was still on the other side of town and hadn't made it home for lunch yet...

http://www.roliana.com < my play time http://www.cosplay.com < my hobby http://www.deviantart.com < my think tank. roliana: Ciel Phantomhive Cosplay: Maya Rose and deviant art: The-last-fall

#6    vitruvian12

vitruvian12

    Psychic Spy

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,855 posts
  • Joined:26 Dec 2010
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:British Columbia

Posted 14 April 2012 - 02:00 PM

Why were you and your mom silently following your dad through the house anyways?  That seems odd in itself.


#7    ColoradoParanormal

ColoradoParanormal

    Psychic Spy

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,314 posts
  • Joined:03 Aug 2010
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Colorado

  • 'Discovery consists of seeing what everybody has seen and thinking what nobody has thought.'

Posted 14 April 2012 - 04:15 PM

View Postvitruvian12, on 14 April 2012 - 02:00 PM, said:

Why were you and your mom silently following your dad through the house anyways?  That seems odd in itself.

That was my first question.

To Bekind - What reason were you following your dad to the Garage/Laundry? Welcome to UM btw! Before we say it's "paranormal" lets get some facts here. We, the observer of your claim, don't have the first hand account nor knowledge of who you are. So we are only able to take you for face value. Not being rude but, just reality. Is there a history of mental illness in your house hold? How old are you? Have you ever had other things happen in your home you cannot explain?

Your first story is strange but, to jump to Paranormal is a leap. Now, your second story sounds more like a dream. You mentioned, and I quote "I was half asleep at this point, and really couldn't comprehend anything  that he had said to me, it was just all "gibberish" at the time." This shows this was more than likely you still in a dream state. You received a call that abruptly woke you out of REM state, where you proceeded to get water and witnessed this event. I wouldn't worry too much about this. It happens a lot when you are woken up multiple times through-out the night.

I do want to thank you though for the detailed information in your post! It's nice to see! :yes:


#8    bekindtoyurbuds

bekindtoyurbuds

    Alien Embryo

  • Member
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Joined:13 Apr 2012

Posted 14 April 2012 - 11:13 PM

View PostColoradoParanormal, on 14 April 2012 - 04:15 PM, said:

That was my first question.

To Bekind - What reason were you following your dad to the Garage/Laundry? Welcome to UM btw! Before we say it's "paranormal" lets get some facts here. We, the observer of your claim, don't have the first hand account nor knowledge of who you are. So we are only able to take you for face value. Not being rude but, just reality. Is there a history of mental illness in your house hold? How old are you? Have you ever had other things happen in your home you cannot explain?

Your first story is strange but, to jump to Paranormal is a leap. Now, your second story sounds more like a dream. You mentioned, and I quote "I was half asleep at this point, and really couldn't comprehend anything  that he had said to me, it was just all "gibberish" at the time." This shows this was more than likely you still in a dream state. You received a call that abruptly woke you out of REM state, where you proceeded to get water and witnessed this event. I wouldn't worry too much about this. It happens a lot when you are woken up multiple times through-out the night.

I do want to thank you though for the detailed information in your post! It's nice to see! :yes:



Well... to answer the first question "Why were you and your mom silently following your dad through the house anyways?"

I will have to go back little further in the story,

With the first incident:

We rented two movies from the video store to watch that night, We had just finished watching the first movie, (in our upstairs living room, where the tv is). I went to the VCR to remove the movie we had just watched, and began to put in the second. My dad then said, lets take out the garbage and put the cans on the curb before we start the second movie. So we all got up to collect the garbage. After removing the garbage from the trash cans (in our rooms and bathrooms upstairs) I asked my dad where the new garbage bags were, he said they were in the laundry room, I said I couldn't find them, and then he started to head down stairs,(I assumed, to show me where he had put them) so I quickly followed as did my mother (my father has a knack for not putting things in the correct place, so we both (my mother and I) followed quickly behind him to see were he had put the garbage bags this time).

We weren't sneaking behind him quietly, we were just following him like normal. I don't remember saying anything to my mother or father, during the 20 secs it took to walk down stairs and through the house. (we were just getting garbage bags, not much to talk about)

There is no mental illness that runs in my family.

And the fact that both me and my mother saw "my father" walking in front of us, leads me to believe that this was not a figment of my imagination.


(you should have seen the look on my mothers face when we turned the corner, fully expecting to see my father standing in the laundry room, there is only one way to get in and out of the room)



As far as my first story being a "leap" to jump to a paranormal conclusion, I respectfully disagree. (I can't see how this can be explained any other way, it just not possible physically )

The "person" we followed downstairs looked just as real as any other person (flesh and blood), and gave no clue as to being anything out of the normal, until we turned the corner to find him gone.

It was shocking, to say the least, it was like hitting a brick wall, when he was nowhere to be found.



keep in mind that we were right behind him the whole way.

The sec we noticed that he wasn't in the room, we began calling for my dad, who answered right away from upstairs, where we ran up to see him.

It was probably about 5 secs, From the time he "disappeared" to the time we found him sitting upstairs.



To make it physically possible, my Father would have had to done one of two things:

1. walk past us in the opposite direction heading back up stairs (which we would have definitely seen)

or

2. run through the garage (15ft) (at lightning speed), out the back garage door, through the backyard gate (15ft), around the front of the house (60ft), through the front door, down the entrance hall (15ft) and back up two flights of stairs (16ft total), down the upstairs hallway (20ft), leading back to the TV room.    (This just isn't possible within 5 secs, even for the fastest runner in my family, of which my father is not)




I am really a skeptic at heart when it comes to things like these, and I have racked my brain throughout the years trying to find a rational explanation for this occurrence. But I have yet to find one.


I am 30 years old now, at the time of the first incident I was around 17 (so it happened around 1998)





As far as my second encounter goes, which happened when I was about 26 (around 2008)

You are right. there is a possibility that it could have been a dream. Because I was half asleep.



Though I have never had a dream as vivid as this, before or after this incident.



During the second incident I saw him separate times, let me explain:

I saw my father right as I exited my room, standing in the family room watching TV in his robe. This is when he started to speak to me about the house being a mess.

I looked away towards the bathroom,

As I walked into the bathroom he followed me and stood next to the door (which was open)while I filled my cup, I was looking at him while filling it.

I looked away again, shut off the water and then proceeded to head back to my room.

At that point I got back to the door of my room which was closed, turned back around to address my father who was still talking to me, and then I yelled at him.


I would think that if it were a dream, my father would not have still been standing there, considering I looked away and back at him 3 times during the encounter.



The second story is really nothing without the first. While there is a possibility that the 2nd encounter was a dream, the 1st was not.  

(if it was in fact a dream, it would have to be the strangest, most vivid dream I have ever had in my life)


#9    ColoradoParanormal

ColoradoParanormal

    Psychic Spy

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,314 posts
  • Joined:03 Aug 2010
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Colorado

  • 'Discovery consists of seeing what everybody has seen and thinking what nobody has thought.'

Posted 15 April 2012 - 03:13 AM

View Postbekindtoyurbuds, on 14 April 2012 - 11:13 PM, said:

Well... to answer the first question "Why were you and your mom silently following your dad through the house anyways?"

I will have to go back little further in the story,

With the first incident:

We rented two movies from the video store to watch that night, We had just finished watching the first movie, (in our upstairs living room, where the tv is). I went to the VCR to remove the movie we had just watched, and began to put in the second. My dad then said, lets take out the garbage and put the cans on the curb before we start the second movie. So we all got up to collect the garbage. After removing the garbage from the trash cans (in our rooms and bathrooms upstairs) I asked my dad where the new garbage bags were, he said they were in the laundry room, I said I couldn't find them, and then he started to head down stairs,(I assumed, to show me where he had put them) so I quickly followed as did my mother (my father has a knack for not putting things in the correct place, so we both (my mother and I) followed quickly behind him to see were he had put the garbage bags this time).

We weren't sneaking behind him quietly, we were just following him like normal. I don't remember saying anything to my mother or father, during the 20 secs it took to walk down stairs and through the house. (we were just getting garbage bags, not much to talk about)

There is no mental illness that runs in my family.

And the fact that both me and my mother saw "my father" walking in front of us, leads me to believe that this was not a figment of my imagination.


(you should have seen the look on my mothers face when we turned the corner, fully expecting to see my father standing in the laundry room, there is only one way to get in and out of the room)



As far as my first story being a "leap" to jump to a paranormal conclusion, I respectfully disagree. (I can't see how this can be explained any other way, it just not possible physically )

The "person" we followed downstairs looked just as real as any other person (flesh and blood), and gave no clue as to being anything out of the normal, until we turned the corner to find him gone.

It was shocking, to say the least, it was like hitting a brick wall, when he was nowhere to be found.



keep in mind that we were right behind him the whole way.

The sec we noticed that he wasn't in the room, we began calling for my dad, who answered right away from upstairs, where we ran up to see him.

It was probably about 5 secs, From the time he "disappeared" to the time we found him sitting upstairs.



To make it physically possible, my Father would have had to done one of two things:

1. walk past us in the opposite direction heading back up stairs (which we would have definitely seen)

or

2. run through the garage (15ft) (at lightning speed), out the back garage door, through the backyard gate (15ft), around the front of the house (60ft), through the front door, down the entrance hall (15ft) and back up two flights of stairs (16ft total), down the upstairs hallway (20ft), leading back to the TV room.    (This just isn't possible within 5 secs, even for the fastest runner in my family, of which my father is not)




I am really a skeptic at heart when it comes to things like these, and I have racked my brain throughout the years trying to find a rational explanation for this occurrence. But I have yet to find one.


I am 30 years old now, at the time of the first incident I was around 17 (so it happened around 1998)





As far as my second encounter goes, which happened when I was about 26 (around 2008)

You are right. there is a possibility that it could have been a dream. Because I was half asleep.



Though I have never had a dream as vivid as this, before or after this incident.



During the second incident I saw him separate times, let me explain:

I saw my father right as I exited my room, standing in the family room watching TV in his robe. This is when he started to speak to me about the house being a mess.

I looked away towards the bathroom,

As I walked into the bathroom he followed me and stood next to the door (which was open)while I filled my cup, I was looking at him while filling it.

I looked away again, shut off the water and then proceeded to head back to my room.

At that point I got back to the door of my room which was closed, turned back around to address my father who was still talking to me, and then I yelled at him.


I would think that if it were a dream, my father would not have still been standing there, considering I looked away and back at him 3 times during the encounter.



The second story is really nothing without the first. While there is a possibility that the 2nd encounter was a dream, the 1st was not.  

(if it was in fact a dream, it would have to be the strangest, most vivid dream I have ever had in my life)

Thank you for the detail! It's much appreciated and shows some credibility on your part! I wont comment on the second story as it can be too easily ruled out as a dream. Now, the first story has me baffled. By your description, it does seem something very odd happened here. Provided you aren't pulling our legs (Sorry, happens a lot here).

Did you ask your father during the first episode, after it happened, if he'd seen anything strange? What did your mother feel happened? Have you both spoken about it in detail? What's her take? Had there been any other strange happenings in your home?

It does seem like you had a pretty awesome personal experience here. Pretty cool and should consider yourself lucky to have experienced that. It's not something that could be reproduced nor scientifically quantified however, and as such isn't evidence of the paranormal or the like. I've had a few of these myself actually which has stemmed my research and schooling. Although, as I've said and attest to, I will not allow them to skew my research nor be used as evidence. It's simply a personal experience of which I can appreciate!

It's cool to have them. What it should create in those who've had these is the willingness and desire to further educate themselves in scientific method as well in natural occurrences for most things that are "paranormal." Thus, furthering our understanding of what is really going on. Then, when you re-test your personal experience, and it still withstands the new knowledge and method, you are able to realize the validity of your personal experience. It will never be evidence however.

Does that make sense? You see, when most people have these experiences, they throw all reason out, and flood their brains with Ghost stories, TV shows like Ghost Hunters, Ghost Adventures etc, and completely ignore rational thought and reason. Creating a "Blind Faith" persona for themselves. They are the ones who whenever a claim is posted they automatically start screaming "Oh it's an Elemental Djinn from babanoo's hells gate who is coming to make your life terrible." When in reality, to those who've educated themselves and seriously worked hard to create a scientific and tactical mind set towards this, can say "Well actually, it was simply a case of your neighbor having a party lol"

Anyway, thank you for your story! I hope you'll stay here and educate yourself!! We need more rational minded people here! Cheers! :tu:


#10    nyuk

nyuk

    Astral Projection

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 731 posts
  • Joined:12 Jun 2011
  • Gender:Male

Posted 15 April 2012 - 04:39 AM

Thanks for sharing these odd experiences bekindtoyourbud and  Acenaspheru.
Ive never read anything like these accounts before, but im interested to see how this pans out.


#11    THE INTERPETER

THE INTERPETER

    Alien Embryo

  • Member
  • Pip
  • 19 posts
  • Joined:15 Apr 2012

Posted 15 April 2012 - 05:11 AM

This story is just plain scary! It's too late at night for me to be in the ghost forums. Be back in daylight.


#12    DKO

DKO

    Ω is Futile.

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,837 posts
  • Joined:28 Aug 2011
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Western Australia

  • When you hear hoofbeats behind you, don't expect to see a zebra - Unless you're in Africa...

Posted 15 April 2012 - 05:11 AM

One part I dont get, you said you were all getting the bins emptied and about to take it out to the curb. Then you followed your 'dad' to the laundry. He then disappeared and when you shouted out his name you found him sitting upstairs.

Did he give up on the rubbish? How come he wasnt still getting the rubbish together?

Dont mean to be too nit-picky :)

The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe it. - Neil DeGrasse Tyson


Confucius Says:

Man who runs behind car gets exhausted.

Man who wants pretty nurse must be patient.


#13    bekindtoyurbuds

bekindtoyurbuds

    Alien Embryo

  • Member
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Joined:13 Apr 2012

Posted 15 April 2012 - 08:33 AM

View PostDKO, on 15 April 2012 - 05:11 AM, said:

One part I dont get, you said you were all getting the bins emptied and about to take it out to the curb. Then you followed your 'dad' to the laundry. He then disappeared and when you shouted out his name you found him sitting upstairs.

Did he give up on the rubbish? How come he wasnt still getting the rubbish together?

Dont mean to be too nit-picky :)


Usually, when my father would say "LETS take out the garbage", what he was really saying was "YOU should take out the garbage".

He would normally help with the upstairs, but it was usually my job to take care of the downstairs and put the cans on the curb.


#14    Acenaspheru

Acenaspheru

    Extraterrestrial Entity

  • Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 496 posts
  • Joined:28 Sep 2005
  • Gender:Not Selected
  • Location:somewhere out of my mind

  • Even the very old die young when they have truly learned to love.

Posted 15 April 2012 - 04:02 PM

View Postnyuk, on 15 April 2012 - 04:39 AM, said:

Thanks for sharing these odd experiences bekindtoyourbud and  Acenaspheru.
Ive never read anything like these accounts before, but im interested to see how this pans out.

i've heard stories like it before but never encountered it myself. except one day when i was still living at home. mom and i were talking about dinner and we wanted my dads opinion. so we were trying to find him and were yelling. after about 2 minutes we heard him from the office "in here." so i open the door to ask him and no ones in there. so i'm like "he's not there"

turns out, he was across the street...

now mom says she's hearing footsteps. it's weird.

http://www.roliana.com < my play time http://www.cosplay.com < my hobby http://www.deviantart.com < my think tank. roliana: Ciel Phantomhive Cosplay: Maya Rose and deviant art: The-last-fall

#15    Ninhursag

Ninhursag

    Remote Viewer

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 554 posts
  • Joined:16 Feb 2012
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Kish, Sumer

  • Et In Arcadia Ego

Posted 17 April 2012 - 02:25 PM

Woah,Your Story Is So Awesome .. I Agree That The 2nd Story Might Have Been A Dream, Although It's Pretty Cool Too .. Wish I Could Dream As Vividly .. But The First Story Sounds Very Believable To Me .. I Can't Decide Whether It Is Spooky Or Not Lol .. In Any Case, You Should Consider Yourself Lucky .. I Think I'd Be Scared To Death If It Happened To Me :D

~ Nothing In Nature Is By Chance... Something Appears To Be Chance Only Because Of Our Lack Of Knowledge. - Brauch De Spinoza ~




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users