Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

A ghost pretended to be my father, Twice!

• Please log in to reply
76 replies to this topic

#16    little_dreamer

little_dreamer

Government Agent

• 3,268 posts

• We did not understand it all, but somehow we survived.

Posted 18 April 2012 - 12:23 AM

Sounds like a doppelganger.

I am another anonymous face in the crowd. I am just another tiny wheel in the machinery of the world I live in.

#17    VonMagnum

VonMagnum

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 101 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 05:39 PM

What it sounds like is that you were having a lucid dream in BOTH cases (the 2nd one is a dead giveaway; the groggy details; heading back to bed, etc.)  The first story starts out with you oddly following your dad around the house.  Again, it's a DREAM.  It seemed real because it was lucid.  

Clear giveaways with even lucid dreams is the 'stutter' effect.  One moment you're doing something 'linear' and then something happens and your vantage point changes or there's missing steps in-between the next action.  For instance, I had a dream this morning that I was in the bathroom at my mother's house cleaning up water around the base of the shower.  Then I noticed it was yellow.  I figured the dog peed while I was taking a shower because it couldn't wait any longer and it was in the bathroom trying to get my attention, but I didn't notice because it didn't bark or anything.  I then grab a phone...but wait. Where did the phone come from?  Suddenly there's this phone in my hand and I'm talking to my mother who went to work already.  The work thing could be consistent if I'm visiting her house and staying overnight since I live a good distance from her and she does have a dog and so these details are believable and so my brain goes along with it.  The problem is, the bathroom isn't the bathroom from her current house (it's the one I grew up in).  There's no phone in the bathroom.  I never looked for a phone or picked one up or dialed it or waited for her to answer.  I was just suddenly talking to her on the phone and it felt normal.  It's like those details weren't important so my brain skipped over them and disregarded them in one motion.  Because I disregarded it, I didn't notice until after I woke up that those details were missing (when I'm thinking rationally and fully awake).  

Suddenly, in the dream, I hear someone walking in the house.  I look down the hallway and see someone just rounding the corner.  But wait, when did I MOVE from the shower to the hallway?  I was just suddenly THERE.  And again, my brain disregarded this DURING the dream as normal.  I then apparently followed this person to see who it was, yet the motion felt weird (e.g. Where's my feet?  I don't FEEL anything walking, but again, my brain doesn't care during the dream).  Suddenly, I round a bend and see a glimpse and it looks like this friend I knew from high school I haven't seen in 18 years.  But where are all these long corridors that I'm rounding?  The distance to the bedroom from the bathroom is all of 8 feet!  It doesn't matter.  It feels normal and real.  I then go into my bedroom (at my OWN house no less) and I wake up for real staring at a door I can't tell if it's open or closed (I'm very near-sighted) and I see my bath robe hanging off the back of the door but with my terrible vision, I think maybe it's someone standing in the hallway (in actuality the door is closed and I'm seeing the bathrobe on the back of the door!).  It takes a minute before I fully wake up out of this foggy/wake state and realize it was all a load of BS.  Now IF I hadn't woken up right away and IF there weren't so many dead giveaways about the inaccuracies of the house, etc., I might easily think this happened at some point if I remembered it a few days later instead of at that moment (i.e. Deja Vu feelings like this are common if you encounter a location from a dream you can't quite recall but start remembering bits and then wonder if it was real or not).

Back to your dream.  Why were you chasing your dad around the house?  Why was your mom with you?  Was the house absolutely accurate?  Was the motion of walking linear?  Did you feel your feet moving underneath you?  Was the lighting correct?  Could you hear real sounds or were they foggy "thought" sounds?  What did you do after your dad 'disappeared' other than looking at your mom funny?  What happened next?  Where did you go next? What did you do next?  The 2nd dream you went back to bed so it's too easy for it to be a wake-up scenario.  But if you can't remember ANYTHING after that part where you stopped in the first example, it was probably a dream too.

#18    bekindtoyurbuds

bekindtoyurbuds

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 10:30 PM

View PostVonMagnum, on 18 April 2012 - 05:39 PM, said:

What it sounds like is that you were having a lucid dream in BOTH cases (the 2nd one is a dead giveaway; the groggy details; heading back to bed, etc.)  The first story starts out with you oddly following your dad around the house.  Again, it's a DREAM.  It seemed real because it was lucid.  

Clear giveaways with even lucid dreams is the 'stutter' effect.  One moment you're doing something 'linear' and then something happens and your vantage point changes or there's missing steps in-between the next action.  For instance, I had a dream this morning that I was in the bathroom at my mother's house cleaning up water around the base of the shower.  Then I noticed it was yellow.  I figured the dog peed while I was taking a shower because it couldn't wait any longer and it was in the bathroom trying to get my attention, but I didn't notice because it didn't bark or anything.  I then grab a phone...but wait. Where did the phone come from?  Suddenly there's this phone in my hand and I'm talking to my mother who went to work already.  The work thing could be consistent if I'm visiting her house and staying overnight since I live a good distance from her and she does have a dog and so these details are believable and so my brain goes along with it.  The problem is, the bathroom isn't the bathroom from her current house (it's the one I grew up in).  There's no phone in the bathroom.  I never looked for a phone or picked one up or dialed it or waited for her to answer.  I was just suddenly talking to her on the phone and it felt normal.  It's like those details weren't important so my brain skipped over them and disregarded them in one motion.  Because I disregarded it, I didn't notice until after I woke up that those details were missing (when I'm thinking rationally and fully awake).  

Suddenly, in the dream, I hear someone walking in the house.  I look down the hallway and see someone just rounding the corner.  But wait, when did I MOVE from the shower to the hallway?  I was just suddenly THERE.  And again, my brain disregarded this DURING the dream as normal.  I then apparently followed this person to see who it was, yet the motion felt weird (e.g. Where's my feet?  I don't FEEL anything walking, but again, my brain doesn't care during the dream).  Suddenly, I round a bend and see a glimpse and it looks like this friend I knew from high school I haven't seen in 18 years.  But where are all these long corridors that I'm rounding?  The distance to the bedroom from the bathroom is all of 8 feet!  It doesn't matter.  It feels normal and real.  I then go into my bedroom (at my OWN house no less) and I wake up for real staring at a door I can't tell if it's open or closed (I'm very near-sighted) and I see my bath robe hanging off the back of the door but with my terrible vision, I think maybe it's someone standing in the hallway (in actuality the door is closed and I'm seeing the bathrobe on the back of the door!).  It takes a minute before I fully wake up out of this foggy/wake state and realize it was all a load of BS.  Now IF I hadn't woken up right away and IF there weren't so many dead giveaways about the inaccuracies of the house, etc., I might easily think this happened at some point if I remembered it a few days later instead of at that moment (i.e. Deja Vu feelings like this are common if you encounter a location from a dream you can't quite recall but start remembering bits and then wonder if it was real or not).

Back to your dream.  Why were you chasing your dad around the house?  Why was your mom with you?  Was the house absolutely accurate?  Was the motion of walking linear?  Did you feel your feet moving underneath you?  Was the lighting correct?  Could you hear real sounds or were they foggy "thought" sounds?  What did you do after your dad 'disappeared' other than looking at your mom funny?  What happened next?  Where did you go next? What did you do next?  The 2nd dream you went back to bed so it's too easy for it to be a wake-up scenario.  But if you can't remember ANYTHING after that part where you stopped in the first example, it was probably a dream too.

You my friend, have some how managed to miss half the conversation.

#19    J-hernandez

J-hernandez

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 02:03 AM

View Postvitruvian12, on 14 April 2012 - 02:00 PM, said:

Why were you and your mom silently following your dad through the house anyways?  That seems odd in itself.
Yeah...your right

#20    J-hernandez

J-hernandez

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 02:07 AM

Pretty creepy but some of the story sounds iffy.. j.s

#21    VonMagnum

VonMagnum

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 101 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 09:23 PM

View Postbekindtoyurbuds, on 18 April 2012 - 10:30 PM, said:

You my friend, have some how managed to miss half the conversation.

Yeah, I somehow missed his post about emptying the garbage, but even so, I've had dreams that were probably well over an hour long in terms of events happening (don't know about in the real world) and a back story alone doesn't make me dismiss a dream possibility.  An easy way to check, of course, is for him to ask his mother if she remembers the same event as described.  I mean for all the talk about following his father, there's no mention of what his father had to say when they related the story of following him.  Unlike certain people on these forums, I don't dismiss paranormal possibilities, having experienced several myself, but I can't say I've EVER heard of a ghost impersonating someone like that.  Maybe situations where people followed "someone" and mistook the identity or something and then the apparition disappeared, but at two feet, I'd think one could recognize their own dad from behind.  

What about the house?  Hold old is it?  Are you the first family to live there?  Was that area known to be used for something else in the past (Poltergeist being set in a former graveyard comes to mind; I know my old house where a lot of activity seemed to be present was once Native American land so who knows what locations might have been burial grounds hundreds of years ago.  

My current house has had one previous owner and they're still alive and thus far there's been very little activity (two waking dreams/voices in 6 years compared to hundreds of sleep paralysis events, odd orb lights and televisions changing channels and turning themselves on/off at the previous house.  And it all started the night I moved in there and stopped after I left so I don't think it was just me.  Even so, I think something/someone was trying to communicate.  I don't think anything was trying to harm me.  I eventually heard "prophetic" messages and then the activity stopped a few months before I actually moved out so I felt like whatever it was managed to find a way to communicate whatever it was they had to say (discussed in other threads).  Yeah, it could just be sleep paralysis or waking dream effects, but that didn't explain the other occurrences that happened when I was awake there (red glowing orbs flying through my bedroom at night that had no windows and a BLUE nightlight and right before I went to bed, just after laying down and of course the aforementioned tv turning on/off and surfing channels on its own.  And that channel changing was through the cable box, so it wasn't just the TV or a single remote frequency and it was IR and underground so no one could stand outside a window and do it.  A family member still has that set and it has never done that since moving it to their house.

All I know is there are stranger things in this Universe than we can fully understand or explain.  Astronomy alone has turned up some incredibly odd things happening near the edge of the known Universe that don't fit well into our cosmic model (some have had explanations, but they're still inconclusive in my mind since black holes, even on-axis supposedly exist much closer than the edge of the Universe, yet all the massive gamma ray bursts are ONLY coming from the edge of known space.  We think we know a lot, but our understanding of science, etc. is still so young.

One final thought comes to mind and that is the 'haunting' phenomena whereby it's theorized that a playback loop in space/time somehow is etched into that space and under certain conditions it will play back something that DID happen at one point, but isn't currently happening.  In other words, you could have been seeing a time loop of your father going to the laundry room, but it happened at a different time.  It is not known what causes these sorts of things to record, but a hypothesis is usually along the lines of strong emotion, but obviously people have strong emotions all the time.  That doesn't make them etch time/space so who knows.  Did you notice if the clothes he had on were exactly the same as that night?  Did he go to the laundry room earlier that night?

Edited by VonMagnum, 19 April 2012 - 09:26 PM.

#22    nyuk

nyuk

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 731 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 02:15 AM

View PostVonMagnum, on 19 April 2012 - 09:23 PM, said:

Yeah, I somehow missed his post about emptying the garbage, but even so, I've had dreams that were probably well over an hour long in terms of events happening (don't know about in the real world) and a back story alone doesn't make me dismiss a dream possibility.  An easy way to check, of course, is for him to ask his mother if she remembers the same event as described.  I mean for all the talk about following his father, there's no mention of what his father had to say when they related the story of following him.  Unlike certain people on these forums, I don't dismiss paranormal possibilities, having experienced several myself, but I can't say I've EVER heard of a ghost impersonating someone like that.  Maybe situations where people followed "someone" and mistook the identity or something and then the apparition disappeared, but at two feet, I'd think one could recognize their own dad from behind.  

What about the house?  Hold old is it?  Are you the first family to live there?  Was that area known to be used for something else in the past (Poltergeist being set in a former graveyard comes to mind; I know my old house where a lot of activity seemed to be present was once Native American land so who knows what locations might have been burial grounds hundreds of years ago.  

My current house has had one previous owner and they're still alive and thus far there's been very little activity (two waking dreams/voices in 6 years compared to hundreds of sleep paralysis events, odd orb lights and televisions changing channels and turning themselves on/off at the previous house.  And it all started the night I moved in there and stopped after I left so I don't think it was just me.  Even so, I think something/someone was trying to communicate.  I don't think anything was trying to harm me.  I eventually heard "prophetic" messages and then the activity stopped a few months before I actually moved out so I felt like whatever it was managed to find a way to communicate whatever it was they had to say (discussed in other threads).  Yeah, it could just be sleep paralysis or waking dream effects, but that didn't explain the other occurrences that happened when I was awake there (red glowing orbs flying through my bedroom at night that had no windows and a BLUE nightlight and right before I went to bed, just after laying down and of course the aforementioned tv turning on/off and surfing channels on its own.  And that channel changing was through the cable box, so it wasn't just the TV or a single remote frequency and it was IR and underground so no one could stand outside a window and do it.  A family member still has that set and it has never done that since moving it to their house.

All I know is there are stranger things in this Universe than we can fully understand or explain.  Astronomy alone has turned up some incredibly odd things happening near the edge of the known Universe that don't fit well into our cosmic model (some have had explanations, but they're still inconclusive in my mind since black holes, even on-axis supposedly exist much closer than the edge of the Universe, yet all the massive gamma ray bursts are ONLY coming from the edge of known space.  We think we know a lot, but our understanding of science, etc. is still so young.

One final thought comes to mind and that is the 'haunting' phenomena whereby it's theorized that a playback loop in space/time somehow is etched into that space and under certain conditions it will play back something that DID happen at one point, but isn't currently happening.  In other words, you could have been seeing a time loop of your father going to the laundry room, but it happened at a different time.  It is not known what causes these sorts of things to record, but a hypothesis is usually along the lines of strong emotion, but obviously people have strong emotions all the time.  That doesn't make them etch time/space so who knows.  Did you notice if the clothes he had on were exactly the same as that night?  Did he go to the laundry room earlier that night?

Wow, i gotta say that in my opinion,  this member has come up with a lot of things which could account for what happened.

Also the post bout dreams was very good and made a lot of sense.
It may be a possible explanation for the experience the op posted.

However, im not writting off the ops experience as a dream.
The op is not the only person to have experienced that type of thing.

Just find this topic interesting is all

#23    coldethyl

coldethyl

~☆~Public Animal #9~☆~

• 16,331 posts

• ~*★*~I'm not in this world to live up to your expectations and you're not in this world to live up to mine.
    Bruce Lee~*★*~

Posted 20 April 2012 - 07:53 PM

Well, it's an interesting STORY and that's what they all are unfortunately.   :unsure:

#24    VonMagnum

VonMagnum

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 101 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 08:41 PM

View Postcoldethyl, on 20 April 2012 - 07:53 PM, said:

Well, it's an interesting STORY and that's what they all are unfortunately.   :unsure:

Are you implying people just come on here and make things up or what?  Or do you have some insight into the Universe and what is and is not possible that the rest of us don't have?  Yeah, there's a lot of BS out there, but some things that happen are harder to explain.  Frankly, I never understood why some people come to the paranormal forum areas if they don't believe any of it's possible.  To 'enlighten' people how delusional or mentally ill they are (one person in this thread comes to mind) or is it to just poke fun at the crazies?

I like the avatar, BTW.  I always thought Linda Carter was hot.

Edited by VonMagnum, 20 April 2012 - 08:42 PM.

#25    WhyDontYouBeliEveMe

WhyDontYouBeliEveMe

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 489 posts

• When i'm right,no one remembers!
    When i'm wrong no one forgets !

Posted 20 April 2012 - 09:00 PM

if you are a girl maybe that ghost is a pervert ..   he wants to play daddy with you :P   if you are a guy that ghost must be gay lolll

j.k   intresting story .    but i think you did good to listen to the ghost.. cleaning up everything .. and all .. you made the ghost happy :D
or it could be really your dad...      i heard  stories about ppl .. that could be actually at 2 places at the same time .. without them knowing it    
and in your case ,, maybe just maybe your dad was thinking around 7.45 .. about telling you to clean the house. and about how he ,well . .walked around..
and somehow his thinking turned into reality without him knowing..  so he sended a piece of his energy back to house.. and talked to you ..
and you received it ... ..  because the band between you your father and mother is really strong.. ..  
that you could send eachother messages .. in your mind that can turns into reality .. yeah something like that..

so it doesnt have to be a ghost that is trying to trick you ..

#26    Ashotep

Ashotep

Telekinetic

• 7,232 posts

• Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway-John Wayne

Posted 20 April 2012 - 11:55 PM

Wow, that is so creepy.  Has anything else happened in that house besides this 'whatever' impersonating your dad?  Did something tragic occur there? or close by.

#27    coldethyl

coldethyl

~☆~Public Animal #9~☆~

• 16,331 posts

• ~*★*~I'm not in this world to live up to your expectations and you're not in this world to live up to mine.
    Bruce Lee~*★*~

Posted 21 April 2012 - 12:00 AM

View PostVonMagnum, on 20 April 2012 - 08:41 PM, said:

Are you implying people just come on here and make things up or what?  Or do you have some insight into the Universe and what is and is not possible that the rest of us don't have?  Yeah, there's a lot of BS out there, but some things that happen are harder to explain.  Frankly, I never understood why some people come to the paranormal forum areas if they don't believe any of it's possible.  To 'enlighten' people how delusional or mentally ill they are (one person in this thread comes to mind) or is it to just poke fun at the crazies?

I like the avatar, BTW.  I always thought Linda Carter was hot.

She is hot.

Yes, a lot of people come on here and make stuff up.  I've been here long enough to have seen hundreds of threads where people will come on here with an incredible claim and then when logical explanations are given, they become defensive, abusive and then never return.  

I come to this Forum because I believed when I started coming here.  Then I learned about SP, pareidolia, etc and logic prevailed and I became skeptical.  That is why I said unfortunately.  I never said ghosts were impossible, but I don't think they are probable.  

And no, the big insight to the Universe is reserved for the 'psychics' on here who have yet to give me an accurate reading.  And as far as mental illness goes, I have bi-polar type 1, OCD, anxiety disorder, and slight ptsd so I don't go around calling the kettle black and I don't like it when ppl use mental illness out of context because of the stigma I suffer because of it and that surrounds it.

I am also allowed to have my own opinions and I never said that the OP didn't fully believe her own story or was making it up.  But unless you have proof, as I said, it is just that:  a story.

#28    nyuk

nyuk

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 731 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 01:47 AM

[quote name='VonMagnum' timestamp='1334954497' post='4271850 To 'enlighten' people how delusional or mentally ill they are (one person in this thread comes to mind) or is it to just poke fun at the crazies?
[/quote]

Am i that one person :'(     :(

#29    coldethyl

coldethyl

~☆~Public Animal #9~☆~

• 16,331 posts

Bruce Lee~*★*~

Posted 21 April 2012 - 03:44 AM

View Postnyuk, on 21 April 2012 - 01:47 AM, said:

Better not be calling people crazies.   <_<

But I don't see anything wrong with asking someone if they are getting treatment for a mental illness.  There should be no stigma attached to it.  It's no different than someone having diabetes.  Saru has closed a couple of threads recently because it was obvious that the person posting needed mental help and no one here is qualified to give psychiatric advice.

I don't see suggesting someone talk to a psychiatrist as offensive at all.

#30    VonMagnum

VonMagnum

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 101 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 03:44 AM

View Postcoldethyl, on 21 April 2012 - 12:00 AM, said:

She is hot.Yes, a lot of people come on here and make stuff up.  I've been here long enough to have seen hundreds of threads where people will come on here with an incredible claim and then when logical explanations are given, they become defensive, abusive and then never return.

Well, you have to admit, that it if you did experience something you consider paranormal in nature and you have the self-proclaimed psychology brigade on here that immediately welcomes people and then tells them either how glad they sound rational (implying unlike the crazy loons on here) or scolds them with the usual "you should immediately see a doctor" routine (implying they're mentally ill), it can be a pretty negative experience.  I know I came to these forums hoping to discuss some of the strange things that happened to me over a ten year period of living in a certain house and you got the two extremes here.  You're either DEFINITELY in touch with the great beyond and you should train to become a shaman OR you're mentally ill and should go get a PT scan to make sure you don't have a tumor.  I find BOTH extremes off-putting.  Not everything is a ghost and not everything is mental illness.   Yeah, maybe I had no idea what to expect.  I was simply trying to find if anyone else ever experienced similar things other than just the sleep paralysis.  

And yes, it's hard to "prove" something that only you experience.  When I first started having some of these stranger experiences in that house, my brother and mother still lived there too (I had just started college) and they never experienced anything strange, although my mother did witness the tv turn on and change channels from the other side of the house (we were both on that side of the house.  I had it happen while I was sitting in the room with the TV on another occasion and let me tell you, it was spine chilling time.  That was with an older 'basic' cable box (no computer remote control) and two different devices (the tv and the cable box) in an underground room where no neighbor's frequency is likely to interfere with anything, let alone two different devices on different frequencies.  Besides, whatever was changing the channel seemed picky.  It would change to a station and then 'surf' a little and then go back to one of the previous stations.  I was half afraid to change the channel for awhile after that and finally did anyway and it didn't change again.  Prove it?  I was never looking to prove it since I don't have a clue what was causing it.  

Now if it were the ONLY thing that happened in that house, I'd dismiss it as an electronic glitch, solar flares, whatever, but it was far from the only thing I experienced in that house.  You don't see red glowing balls of light fly up to your face every day of the week (I don't anyway).  But it happened two days in a row in that house.  What was it?  I have no idea?  Was I having a brain glitch?  Hell, maybe.  I had enough sleep paralysis episodes to know some weird stuff happens between sleep and awake, but I hadn't gone to bed yet.  Thus, the idea that ALL sleep paralysis 'hallucinations' are just dream overlays leaves me a bit wanting.  Maybe they ALL are.  Maybe there's more to it.  But how do you prove something non-material?  I doubt a camcorder is picking it up.  It's not a radio wave.  Those that believe in spirits and souls chakras and the like would figure it's one spiritual senses that are picking them up and the last time I checked, they hadn't proven a soul even exists yet.  But hell, what do I know about it?  I could be living in the equivalent of The Matrix for all I know and I'm the only real person here.  Hell, maybe I'm not really real either.  Maybe I'm playing a virtual life video game like in the British TV Show "Red Dwarf" episodes Back To Reality.  I can't prove I'm not in one.

I come to this Forum because I believed when I started coming here.  Then I learned about SP, pareidolia, etc and logic prevailed and I became skeptical.  That is why I said unfortunately.  I never said ghosts were impossible, but I don't think they are probable.  And no, the big insight to the Universe is reserved for the 'psychics' on here who have yet to give me an accurate reading.  And as far as

I don't buy any 'psychic' that is trying to make money off their "gift".  I think it's possible some people are more attuned to something beyond the normal, but I don't think they can control it anymore than I could control when I would have a sleep paralysis episode.  If you believe any of the NDE experiences from people that really died on the operating table and then were revived and could tell details of the room from different views during the procedure, etc., you have to think maybe our consciousness is more than just this body.  Are we the body or are we inhabiting the body?  Normally, I'd think there's no way to tell, except that too many of these cases are too similar for me to entirely dismiss them.  I've got memories that I can't explain that appear to be from the Middle Ages.  Was it a dream?  I don't remember dreaming it.  I just remember details.  Does that prove reincarnation exists?  Nope.  Do I entirely dismiss it because some preacher (according to his own beliefs) told me it doesn't happen?  No, I don't.

mental illness goes, I have bi-polar type 1, OCD, anxiety disorder, and slight ptsd so I don't go around calling the kettle black and I don't like it when ppl use mental illness out of context because of the stigma I suffer because of it and that surrounds it.I am also

I've had depression most of my life.  I went to a psyche ward once to deal with religious dogma that bothered me sine I was a kid that I held repressed (that whole hell and eternal damnation thing can mess with your head) and so I take it very seriously.  OTOH, thinking you saw a ghost doesn't mean you're mentally ill.

allowed to have my own opinions and I never said that the OP didn't fully believe her own story or was making it up.  But unless you have proof, as I said, it is just that:  a story.

Well, I took American History class and some of the things they told me are hard to prove as far as I'm concerned.  They're in a book.  So are a lot of different stories about God from different religions (some that want to kill each other).  A book proves nothing.  History is written by the victor in war, for instance.  I look more for evidence and honesty rather than try to draw perfect scientific conclusions because scientific method doesn't work on things that are no neatly repeatable and measurable.   You've got NDE stories with data they couldn't have obtained any other way and it's still dismissed by people studying it.  That goes too far, IMO.  How can people just dismiss evidence simply because it sounds fantastic and can't be repeated over and over?  I've seen cases where kids could describe past lives almost as soon as they can talk.  Once case from down south comes to mind where the kid remembered flying a plane in WWII and could name the people in his squadron.  Some were still living at the time and they were freaked out by this kid.  Did his parents coach him?  How?  Why?  It's easier for scientists to believe in deceit rather than the possibility he's telling the truth.  That bugs me.  It bugs me a lot.  Bias is at work.  If you don't believe something is possible, you will look for anything to disprove it from swamp gas to drug-induced hallucinations.  After all, they can't possibly be telling the truth.

View Postnyuk, on 21 April 2012 - 01:47 AM, said:

No.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users