Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

Couple sue landlord over haunted house

• Please log in to reply
59 replies to this topic

#1    Saru

Saru

Site Webmaster

• 19,803 posts

• "The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious." - Albert Einstein

Posted 14 April 2012 - 11:21 AM

The pair claim they had to flee their newly rented home after only one week due to paranormal activity.

USA Today said:

A New Jersey couple is suing the landlord of their three-bedroom ranch house in Toms River, claiming it's haunted, the Asbury Park Press reports. Josue Chinchilla, 37, and Michele Callan, 36, fled the house in March after staying only one week and want their $2,250 security deposit back.

Posted Image Read more...

#2    Karlis

Karlis

• 8,614 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 11:39 AM

Toms River Haunted House (4/12/12): Investigation video of the  haunting of a Toms River home.

VIDEO COURTESY OF SHORE PARANORMAL RESEARCH SOCIETY
Source

#3    Spky777

Spky777

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 52 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 03:39 PM

Just think of all the ppl that took mortgages and found something wrong with the house, and it took them time to sell it.

#4    ColoradoParanormal

ColoradoParanormal

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,298 posts

• 'Discovery consists of seeing what everybody has seen and thinking what nobody has thought.'

Posted 14 April 2012 - 04:44 PM

Why should this couple get special treatment? There's been hundreds of cases of people buying homes and thinking their "haunted" only having to deal with it. It's life. I don't believe for a moment this home has anything going on but, even if something was, be an adult and deal with it. Set up a Camera. I promise all the activity will disappear. :tu:

#5    George Ford__AKA Bulveye__

George Ford__AKA Bulveye__

Poltergeist

• 2,571 posts

• "Quickly, I require your fingers."

Posted 14 April 2012 - 06:25 PM

So they assume its ghosts and not vermin like mice in the walls or bird in the roof. If it was happening all the time im sure they have plenty of video evidence.

#6    blueandi

blueandi

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 60 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 08:31 PM

Groan!  :rolleyes: Not that old chestnut...
I mean, how many times has this excuse been used to try and get out of a tenancy?

Edited by blueandi, 14 April 2012 - 08:32 PM.

#7    CRIPTIC CHAMELEON

CRIPTIC CHAMELEON

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 764 posts

• Without going out of my door
    I can know all things of earth
    Without looking out of my window
    I could know the ways of heaven

Posted 14 April 2012 - 09:31 PM

I recon they should stay for a few months then leave suddenly & write a story of the horrific events that happened to them in the house & maybe make a film & a few dollars.Its not as if this has been done a million times before.LOL

#8    Simbi Laveau

Simbi Laveau

Overlord A. Snuffleupagus

• 8,245 posts

• ~So what's all this then ?!

Posted 15 April 2012 - 12:16 AM

Let occupy wall street live there ! They need a place. :rolleyes:

Miss me?

#9    antigravity

antigravity

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 444 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 01:14 AM

View PostKarlis, on 14 April 2012 - 11:39 AM, said:

Toms River Haunted House (4/12/12): Investigation video of the  haunting of a Toms River home.

VIDEO COURTESY OF SHORE PARANORMAL RESEARCH SOCIETY
Source

Hey I saw something on that video. I'm sure there were a few others I missed but at 3:15 check out the top left quadrant. You can see two small lights appear from behind the column. Almost looks like two eyes peering out around the column then ducking back behind it. What other things did you guys spot on the video? I didn't see any text indicating where and when all the anomolies could be found.

#10    ColoradoParanormal

ColoradoParanormal

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,298 posts

• 'Discovery consists of seeing what everybody has seen and thinking what nobody has thought.'

Posted 15 April 2012 - 03:23 AM

View Postantigravity, on 15 April 2012 - 01:14 AM, said:

Hey I saw something on that video. I'm sure there were a few others I missed but at 3:15 check out the top left quadrant. You can see two small lights appear from behind the column. Almost looks like two eyes peering out around the column then ducking back behind it. What other things did you guys spot on the video? I didn't see any text indicating where and when all the anomolies could be found.

Hey, I looked at the video in the spot where you said, and saw what you were talking about. I then used MAGIX Video Pro 4 to zoom and isolate this and it's a bug flying I'm afraid. It gives a strange effect because the video we're seeing on that link is actually sped up. If you slow it down and just view it full screen you will see the bug flying in a zig zag path then back behind the beam.

View PostSimbi Laveau, on 15 April 2012 - 12:16 AM, said:

Let occupy wall street live there ! They need a place. :rolleyes:

lol

#11    Ja9dreame

Ja9dreame

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 60 posts

• "when life gives you a lemon, grab the tequila and call me over ;) "

Posted 15 April 2012 - 03:51 AM

View PostColoradoParanormal, on 14 April 2012 - 04:44 PM, said:

Why should this couple get special treatment? There's been hundreds of cases of people buying homes and thinking their "haunted" only having to deal with it. It's life. I don't believe for a moment this home has anything going on but, even if something was, be an adult and deal with it. Set up a Camera. I promise all the activity will disappear. :tu:

I haven't looked into this state or which it's applicable, but some places it is required that the real estate agent (whether renting or selling) is required to disclose if the location is haunted if it is known. This may not apply to this situation since the original owner of the home states he is unaware of any haunting or paranormal activity in the home. I just thought I'd throw that piece in since you were making a statement about other situations where people just "had to deal with hauntings". I only mention this cause I'm studying for my realtors license. This of course is a grey issue and there are lots of stipulations that are neither here nor there regarding this thread :) not to get off topic. Just my 2 cents for what it's worth!

#12    nyuk

nyuk

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 731 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 05:48 AM

Hmmm,  I wonder if the couple were hacked off cos the alleged ghost isnt tipping in for its share of rent plus bills  :unsure2:
Or could it be classed as sub letting ???

#13    csspwns

csspwns

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 642 posts

• "Give a man a fish, and you'll feed him for a day; give him a religion, and he'll starve to death while praying for a fish."

Posted 15 April 2012 - 06:27 AM

they just want attention

#14    Ja9dreame

Ja9dreame

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 60 posts

• "when life gives you a lemon, grab the tequila and call me over ;) "

Posted 15 April 2012 - 06:39 AM

View Postnyuk, on 15 April 2012 - 05:48 AM, said:

Hmmm,  I wonder if the couple were hacked off cos the alleged ghost isnt tipping in for its share of rent plus bills  :unsure2:
Or could it be classed as sub letting ???

Oh geez lol  :rofl:

#15    Chooky88

Chooky88

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 311 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 10:34 AM

Good luck! If I was the landlord I'd keep the deposit too. I'd refund what's left when a new tennant moves in minus advertising. Gits.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users