Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Fascinating X-ray photos of fish

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1    Still Waters

Still Waters

Deeply Mysterious

• 36,932 posts

• Que Sera, Sera - Whatever will be, will be..

Posted 14 April 2012 - 01:36 PM

www.dailymail.co.uk said:

It’s a whole new way to look at fish.

In a stunning collection by the Smithsonian, cold-blooded creatures are photographed from the inside out, showing every bone, rib, and feature to them.

The collection represents more than 70 per cent of the world’s fish, including well-recognized species like swordfish, flounder, and seahorses.

Posted Image Read more...

Posted Image

#2    Left-Field

Left-Field

Government Agent

• Banned
  • 3,489 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 06:45 PM

Those were pretty cool. :)

#3    Simbi Laveau

Simbi Laveau

Overlord A. Snuffleupagus

• 8,245 posts

• ~So what's all this then ?!

Posted 15 April 2012 - 12:51 AM

Very cool

Miss me?

#4    and then

and then

Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

• 12,671 posts

• Because what came before never seems enough...

Posted 15 April 2012 - 04:24 AM

Radiography as an art form has been around for awhile and it IS very cool.  My favorites were images of seashells.  Just as different qualities of light can be reflected to enhance aspects of an image, differing amounts of energy passing through the object to the film or detector can give amazing contrasts and scales of gray.  It's a cool hobby.

Imagination is the power in the turn of a phrase.

#5    Child of Bast

Child of Bast

Queen of the UM Asylum

• 4,754 posts

• The Mad Hatter: "Have I gone mad?"
    Alice: "I'm afraid so. You're entirely bonkers.But I'll tell you a secret: all the best people are."

Posted 16 April 2012 - 04:58 PM

Okay the pic of the one that looked like there was food stuff inside it.... part of the mishmash of stuff resembled a squirrel and another part resembled a camera. To me anyway.... :unsure2:

'A phantom,' said my Uncle Mycroft, who had just materialised, 'is essentially a heteromorphic wave pattern that gains solidity when the apparition converts thermal energy from the surroundings to visible light. It's a fascinating process and I'm amazed no one has thought of harnessing it - a holographic TV that could operate from the heat given off by an average-size guinea pig.' ~ First Among Sequels, Jasper Fforde

#6    and then

and then

Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

• 12,671 posts

• Because what came before never seems enough...

Posted 18 April 2012 - 09:18 AM

View PostOffeiriad, on 16 April 2012 - 04:58 PM, said:

Okay the pic of the one that looked like there was food stuff inside it.... part of the mishmash of stuff resembled a squirrel and another part resembled a camera. To me anyway.... :unsure2:
Offeiriad at underground Atlanta I once bought a small hand drawn picture of a couple of radiologists looking at a radiograph of a guy's stomach.  It had pens,pencils paper clips and a watch inside!  One says to the other "dibbs on the Rolex" :w00t:   I've actually seen foreign bodies like that (minus the Rolex) in people's stomachs and other,ahem, areas.

Imagination is the power in the turn of a phrase.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users