Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Was Colonel Corso Telling The Truth?

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1    1963

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,083 posts

• When the day is through,and the nightsky shades the blue,and the swallows cease to sing as they fly!.......

Posted 15 April 2012 - 12:52 AM

Hi all!

This is probably one of those well-trodden subjects that periodically gets posted on this and probably all of the UFO/ET forums on the net...but I was just wondering if anyone else was as undecided as I am as to the validity of Colonel Philip Corso and the extraordinary claims that he makes in his book 'The Day After Roswell'?
When I first became familiar with the content of the Colonel's book , my first thought was..."There's no way that this is for real!"...For one thing..I couldn't believe that a man in his position would suddenly make such a u-turn from the absolute-secrecy ethos that was required for him to hold the responsible positions that his C V boasts!
The other major 'bell-ringer' to my mind was his assertions that many modern technological developments were the direct result of the 'back engineering of alien technology' which was allegedly gleaned from the Roswell UFO crashes of 1947....A quick google search of the development history of Fiber Optics,Image Intensifiers, Lazers,Integrated Circuits etc, seems to scupper that idea in a matter of minutes.
And then the killer blow for the Colonel's 'fantastic claims' for me ,was when I read the opinions of some of my 'most respected UFO researchers' on the matter...! Stan Friedman,Kevin Randle and Brad Sparks among others. And not to put too fine a point on it.. the general consensus was that 'Philip Corso was a big fat liar'!..and they kindly pointed out all of the loopholes and falsities in the crazy made up story, and that Mr Corso was nothing but a egotistical fantasist!
And so with their assertive condemnation and my own personal reservations I left it there!..satisfied that it was just another sad episode in my ETH quest to be brushed under the carpet!

And then just today , as quick off the mark and cutting edge as I always am...I came across this article in 'The Exopolitics Institute' from 2006. In which a man that I do not normally pay much heed to 'Michael E. Salla, Ph.D' (because of his championing of Bob Dean,Lohn Lear and the likes, whom I consider to be nothing but lying charlatans in ufology.) ,..which I believe convincingly trashes the unfounded misgivings of the aforementioned 'three wise men' Friedman,Randle and Sparks!...

http://www.bibliotec...olitics_ZZO.htm

I am not saying that because of this article that I now believe that Colonel Corso's story is totally legitimate,...after all my initial doubts and gut-feelings are still there!
But I will say that Salla's meticulously crafted article has moved the Colonels incredible story up a notch or two on my possibility scale!

What do you guys think about Philip Corso and his claims?

btw...for anyone interested, that hasn't read the book 'The Day After Roswell', here's a link to a mighty good read,(which ever way you lean on the ETH)....

http://www.bibliotec...ll/dayafter.htm

and here's the abridged version for a quick read....

http://www.ufoeviden...ents/doc395.htm

Cheers.
GORT...KLAATU BARADA NIKTO.

When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth.

#2    meteorlima

meteorlima

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 84 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 05:37 PM

View Post1963, on 15 April 2012 - 12:52 AM, said:

Hi all!

This is probably one of those well-trodden subjects that periodically gets posted on this and probably all of the UFO/ET forums on the net...but I was just wondering if anyone else was as undecided as I am as to the validity of Colonel Philip Corso and the extraordinary claims that he makes in his book 'The Day After Roswell'?
When I first became familiar with the content of the Colonel's book , my first thought was..."There's no way that this is for real!"...For one thing..I couldn't believe that a man in his position would suddenly make such a u-turn from the absolute-secrecy ethos that was required for him to hold the responsible positions that his C V boasts!
The other major 'bell-ringer' to my mind was his assertions that many modern technological developments were the direct result of the 'back engineering of alien technology' which was allegedly gleaned from the Roswell UFO crashes of 1947....A quick google search of the development history of Fiber Optics,Image Intensifiers, Lazers,Integrated Circuits etc, seems to scupper that idea in a matter of minutes.
And then the killer blow for the Colonel's 'fantastic claims' for me ,was when I read the opinions of some of my 'most respected UFO researchers' on the matter...! Stan Friedman,Kevin Randle and Brad Sparks among others. And not to put too fine a point on it.. the general consensus was that 'Philip Corso was a big fat liar'!..and they kindly pointed out all of the loopholes and falsities in the crazy made up story, and that Mr Corso was nothing but a egotistical fantasist!
And so with their assertive condemnation and my own personal reservations I left it there!..satisfied that it was just another sad episode in my ETH quest to be brushed under the carpet!

And then just today , as quick off the mark and cutting edge as I always am...I came across this article in 'The Exopolitics Institute' from 2006. In which a man that I do not normally pay much heed to 'Michael E. Salla, Ph.D' (because of his championing of Bob Dean,Lohn Lear and the likes, whom I consider to be nothing but lying charlatans in ufology.) ,..which I believe convincingly trashes the unfounded misgivings of the aforementioned 'three wise men' Friedman,Randle and Sparks!...

http://www.bibliotec...olitics_ZZO.htm

I am not saying that because of this article that I now believe that Colonel Corso's story is totally legitimate,...after all my initial doubts and gut-feelings are still there!
But I will say that Salla's meticulously crafted article has moved the Colonels incredible story up a notch or two on my possibility scale!

btw...for anyone interested, that hasn't read the book 'The Day After Roswell', here's a link to a mighty good read,(which ever way you lean on the ETH)....

http://www.bibliotec...ll/dayafter.htm

and here's the abridged version for a quick read....

http://www.ufoeviden...ents/doc395.htm

Cheers.
GORT...KLAATU BARADA NIKTO.
   1963,YES! Philip Corso was telling the truth according to Chuck Wade who was courier for Colonel Corso at the time.Chuck was born in Corona New Mexico in 1939,his Dad Jesse Wade owned the bar where Mac Brazel stopped on his way to report the incident on his ranch. Chuck has been investigating the crash of a ufo on the Plains of San Augustine along with Art Campbell,Gerald Anderson and others have been to the crash site numerous times and have recovered many artifacts. More Information ...My link

#3    meteorlima

meteorlima

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 84 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 07:07 PM

View Postmeteorlima, on 15 April 2012 - 05:37 PM, said:

1963,Yes Philip Corso was telling the truth according to Chuck Wade who was courier for Colonel Corso for some time but it was ghost written by Bill Birnes and he did not confirm facts before publishing the book.Chuck was born in Corona New Mexico in 1939,his Dad Jesse Wade owned the bar where Mac Brazel stopped on his way to report the incident on his ranch. Chuck has been investigating the crash of a ufo on the Plains of San Augustine along with Art Campbell,Gerald Anderson and others have been to the crash site numerous times and have recovered many artifacts. More Information ...My link

Edited by meteorlima, 15 April 2012 - 07:25 PM.

#4    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 30,405 posts

• If you stop to think, Remember to start again

Posted 16 April 2012 - 05:47 AM

http://video.google....555161317081364

Isn't this one of the men supposed to be *Ahem* "fighting for the truth"? He does not seem so confident in the claims made like most people who have had a look at the case.

92 corrections!

Corso is one place that skeptics and believers generally come to an understanding. How many falsifications are required before lies become recognised for what they are?

Edited by psyche101, 16 April 2012 - 05:50 AM.

Things are what they are. - Me Reality can't be debunked. That's the beauty of it. - Capeo 'If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants.' - Sir Isaac Newton. "Let me repeat the lesson learned from the Sturrock scientific review panel: Pack up your old data and forget it. Ufology needs new data, new cases, new rigorous and scientific methodologies if it hopes ever to get out of its pit." Ed Stewart. Youtube is the last refuge of the ignorant and is more often used for disinformation than genuine research.  There is a REASON for PEER REVIEW... - Chrlzs. Nothing is inexplicable, just unexplained. - Sir Wearer of Hats.

#5    meteorlima

meteorlima

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 84 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 10:49 AM

View Postpsyche101, on 16 April 2012 - 05:47 AM, said:

http://video.google....555161317081364

Isn't this one of the men supposed to be *Ahem* "fighting for the truth"? He does not seem so confident in the claims made like most people who have had a look at the case.

92 corrections!

Corso is one place that skeptics and believers generally come to an understanding. How many falsifications are required before lies become recognised for what they are?
Stan says "technically wrong all over the place,well you can blame that on the co-author maybe" *Ahem* the co-author is Bill(ufo hunter)Birnes. Bottom line...three spacecraft crashed the night of July 4,1947 in New Mexico.

#6    Hazzard

Hazzard

Stellar Black Hole

• 11,757 posts

• Being skeptical of the paranormal is a good thing.

Posted 16 April 2012 - 10:56 AM

Only three,... I heard as much as five alien crashes. They (supposedly) were involved in a dogfight over NM?  :unsure2:

Edited by Hazzard, 16 April 2012 - 10:57 AM.

I still await the compelling Exhibit A.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. -Edmund Burke

#7    booNyzarC

booNyzarC

Forum Divinity

• Closed
  • 13,536 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 01:53 PM

View Post1963, on 15 April 2012 - 12:52 AM, said:

Simply due to the fact that every technology he references has a clear history of development outside of this Roswell mythology, we know that the bulk of his story is completely false.

I'm willing to accept the possibility that he may have genuinely believed some of the stuff he claimed, but let's face it, for a career military man he didn't really rise very far.  He may very well have been given a filing cabinet with stuff in it.  But if he was given anything, I'd bet that it was a prank.

#8    DBunker

DBunker

Government Agent

• 3,485 posts

• I prefer to know, not just to believe.

Posted 16 April 2012 - 05:36 PM

When I first heard the story Philip Corso had to tell I thought, maby this time..... Now, later, no such luck.  :angry: *SNIP*

Edited by Lilly, 17 April 2012 - 10:18 AM.
removed ad hom

Now that communications technology has made it possible to give global reach to the bizarre and archive it forever, it is essential for men and women of reason resolutely to counter the delusions of the fringe element. James S. Robbins

#9    1963

Psychic Spy

• 1,083 posts

• When the day is through,and the nightsky shades the blue,and the swallows cease to sing as they fly!.......

Posted 17 April 2012 - 12:13 AM

View PostbooNyzarC, on 16 April 2012 - 01:53 PM, said:

Simply due to the fact that every technology he references has a clear history of development outside of this Roswell mythology, we know that the bulk of his story is completely false.I'm willing to accept the possibility that he may have genuinely believed some of the stuff he claimed, but let's face it, for a career military man he didn't really rise very far.  He may very well have been given a filing cabinet with stuff in it.  But if he was given anything, I'd bet that it was a prank.

Hi Boony and thanks for the reply buddy!  :tu:

The historical references that you mentioned for the technology that the Colonel claims to have covertly seeded upon various industries, is the main bugbear that I have with this fantastic claim!..The only way around that is if the 'covert-actions' of the 'foreign technology department' could have planted false historical development records in the appropriate scientific journals and  reference books...and that pill is a little too hard for me to swallow without any proof!
As to your other concerns about the Colonels credibility..what bulk of his story do we know is false?..If you read the first link that I posted, I think that you'll see that it scuppers that statement my friend...and will explain the stationary Rank one too.

View PostDBunker, on 16 April 2012 - 05:36 PM, said:

When I first heard the story Philip Corso had to tell I thought, maby this time..... Now, later, no such luck.  :angry: Lying SOB.

Hi Debunker, and thanks for sharing your position , but why exactly do you opine that the Colonel is such a liar?
ps..I went from excitement to suspicious then directly to disbelief ...but after Salla's paper, i've risen back to suspicious!  ;)

Cheers buddy.

When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth.

#10    1963

Psychic Spy

• 1,083 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 12:22 AM

View Postmeteorlima, on 16 April 2012 - 10:49 AM, said:

Stan says "technically wrong all over the place,well you can blame that on the co-author maybe" *Ahem* the co-author is Bill(ufo hunter)Birnes. Bottom line...three spacecraft crashed the night of July 4,1947 in New Mexico.

Hi meteorlima!

Stan Friedman has always commanded my respect and I have always thought (and still do) that he was one of the good-guys of ufology.
A honourable man that would not knowingly spread falsities to advance any of his ideas!...But I also know that he is human..ergo.    not infallible and prone to make the odd mistake!

Cheers .

#11    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 30,405 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 12:46 AM

View Postmeteorlima, on 16 April 2012 - 10:49 AM, said:

You are ragging on Bill Birnes, but supporting Chuck Wade???? And Steve Colbern??????????????? Hello Pot, this is Kettle......

No he does not, if you listen the the clip I provided, he engaged a professional with a known military history and he did not provide technicalities all over the place, the engaged professional specifically pointed out exactly 92 inconsistencies. You are trying to just brush that off, but this was after many similar protests outlining these falsifications. To believe Corso has anything of value to tell is pure self delusion. Friedman clearly outlines several specific instances, how do explain those blatant lies? This is not the first attempt to shore up his claims, and I doubt it will be the last. Keeps the Roswell nonsense alive doesn't it.

Funny how Frank Kimbler has just dropped of the radar all of a sudden after his postal stunt.

And no, bottom line is not three spacecraft crashing. I am somewhat stunned someone could convince themselves of such blatant nonsense. Three spacecraft crossing space to fail here is a ludicrous scenario to begin with. It did not happen, you are just Chuck Wades unofficial spokesperson and will say anything to paint him in a favourable light. Fact of the matter is Chuck has been making wild claims for years and Steve Colbern is clearly off his rocker and neither one has been able to substantiate a single claim in decades. If you wish to chase this rainbow, do not attempt to drag me down with you please.

Things are what they are. - Me Reality can't be debunked. That's the beauty of it. - Capeo 'If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants.' - Sir Isaac Newton. "Let me repeat the lesson learned from the Sturrock scientific review panel: Pack up your old data and forget it. Ufology needs new data, new cases, new rigorous and scientific methodologies if it hopes ever to get out of its pit." Ed Stewart. Youtube is the last refuge of the ignorant and is more often used for disinformation than genuine research.  There is a REASON for PEER REVIEW... - Chrlzs. Nothing is inexplicable, just unexplained. - Sir Wearer of Hats.

#12    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 30,405 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 12:49 AM

View Post1963, on 17 April 2012 - 12:22 AM, said:

Hi meteorlima!

Stan Friedman has always commanded my respect and I have always thought (and still do) that he was one of the good-guys of ufology.
A honourable man that would not knowingly spread falsities to advance any of his ideas!...But I also know that he is human..ergo.    not infallible and prone to make the odd mistake!

Cheers .

Yet he provided specific instances. Not generalisations, not guesses, but pointed out lies that have been proven to be lies.

Kinda makes one wonder about your UFO "rant" I have no idea what that was supposed to convey, but it contradicts what you say in this thread. Here you have a person who has been proven to lie, but what maybe something he said was true? That's objective? If so, I expect more "rants" about being led down garden paths.

Why I agree with Mr Friedman in this case is purely that his claim has been substantiated from several sources. But if that collaboration does not have an impression on one, it is easy to see how a light in the sky can suddenly be regarded as an alien spaceship.

Edited by psyche101, 17 April 2012 - 12:51 AM.

#13    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 30,405 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 12:53 AM

View PostDBunker, on 16 April 2012 - 05:36 PM, said:

When I first heard the story Philip Corso had to tell I thought, maby this time..... Now, later, no such luck.  :angry: Lying SOB.

Even Friedman is against him! The Father of the Roswell Aliens! Nobody can substantiate his claims, and can find evidence to the contrary, but we should give him a second listen just in case?

Such credulous belief is certainly something I do not think I will ever entirely wrap my head around.

#14    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 30,405 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 12:56 AM

View PostbooNyzarC, on 16 April 2012 - 01:53 PM, said:

Simply due to the fact that every technology he references has a clear history of development outside of this Roswell mythology, we know that the bulk of his story is completely false.

I'm willing to accept the possibility that he may have genuinely believed some of the stuff he claimed, but let's face it, for a career military man he didn't really rise very far.  He may very well have been given a filing cabinet with stuff in it.  But if he was given anything, I'd bet that it was a prank.

Exactly, the marvellous inventions he claims came from the crash (es?) all have a long winded prosaic historial record attached to them. Nothing amazing about those silly claims at all. Funny how a charlatan like this gets so much limelight when the people who intently hang of his every word are likely to be completely oblivious to names like deGrasse Tyson. It's a crying shame.

#15    Lilly

Lilly

Forum Divinity

• 15,570 posts

• "To thine own self be true" William Shakespeare

Posted 17 April 2012 - 10:27 AM

When discussing a book such as the one by Colonel Corso there are going to be varying opinions on the veracity of the author. Not everyone is going to believe the sort of things Colonel Corso is claiming without very strong supporting evidence. Please refrain from name calling and let's not make the discussion personal.

"Ignorance is ignorance. It is a state of mind, not an opinion." ~MID~

"All that live must die, passing through nature into eternity" ~Shakespeare~ Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users