Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Obama Cannot Seem To

• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

#16    Babe Ruth

Babe Ruth

Non-Corporeal Being

• 8,373 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 09:15 PM

Quite right on that point DieChecker--large parts of the entire world are immoral.  While our immorality and hypocrisy may be more egregious, given our holding ourselves up as saviors of the world, but the entire species is pretty much the same.

#17    ninjadude

ninjadude

Seeker of truths

• 10,989 posts

• "dirt collects at the interfaces"

Posted 17 April 2012 - 05:15 PM

View PostDieChecker, on 16 April 2012 - 08:01 PM, said:

I'd expect representatives of the US government to uphold to the higher morals, regardless of what laws are in effect whereever they are.

why?

"Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it. Begin it now!""
- Friedrich Nietzsche

#18    BiffSplitkins

BiffSplitkins

Vertically Challenged

• 7,092 posts

• We all have a song inside us, it tells us who we are.

'John Doeber' fellow musician

Posted 17 April 2012 - 06:57 PM

One thing is for certain... this will probably be the only TRUE thing that Obama can actually blame on 'Bush' :P

"The problem with internet quotes is that you cant always depend on their accuracy" -Abraham Lincoln, 1864

Posted Image

#19    THE MATRIX

THE MATRIX

Poltergeist

• Closed
  • 2,304 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 07:01 PM

And what do Republicans/Conservatives/Tea Partiers actually know about Ethics or Morality? Nothing!

#20    BiffSplitkins

BiffSplitkins

Vertically Challenged

• 7,092 posts

• We all have a song inside us, it tells us who we are.

'John Doeber' fellow musician

Posted 17 April 2012 - 07:09 PM

View PostTHE MATRIX, on 17 April 2012 - 07:01 PM, said:

And what do Republicans/Conservatives/Tea Partiers actually know about Ethics or Morality? Nothing!
Glad you can speak for the whole lumped together group. :D It's beliefs like that that are sending this entire human race to hell in a hand basket.

"The problem with internet quotes is that you cant always depend on their accuracy" -Abraham Lincoln, 1864

Posted Image

#21    DieChecker

DieChecker

I'm a Rogue Scholar

• 17,821 posts

• Hey, I'm not wrong. I'm just not completely right.

Posted 17 April 2012 - 07:52 PM

View Postninjadude, on 17 April 2012 - 05:15 PM, said:

why?
Because these are people who are supposed to be professionals, with decades of experience. They are hired by the government based on their professionalism. Just as I would expect a high level of morals from a military officer. Just as I would expect of an FBI agent.

Politicians you have to expect to be corrupt. Playing people and spending money to get votes is how every single one gets elected.

Edited by DieChecker, 17 April 2012 - 07:52 PM.

Here at Intel we make processors on 12 inch wafers. And, the individual processors on the wafers are called die. And, I am employed to check these die. That is why I am the DieChecker.

At times one remains faithful to a cause only because its opponents do not cease to be insipid. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Qualifications? This is cryptozoology, dammit! All that is required is the spirit of adventure. - Night Walker

#22    DieChecker

DieChecker

I'm a Rogue Scholar

• 17,821 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 07:56 PM

View PostTHE MATRIX, on 17 April 2012 - 07:01 PM, said:

You're talking politics. And democrat politicians are just as corrupt. Bill Clinton and Monica? Whitewater? John Edwards? The Kennedys? Chicago and Illinois? Gov Blagojevich? For every GOP corruption story, there is just as many Democrat instances of corruption.

Here at Intel we make processors on 12 inch wafers. And, the individual processors on the wafers are called die. And, I am employed to check these die. That is why I am the DieChecker.

At times one remains faithful to a cause only because its opponents do not cease to be insipid. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Qualifications? This is cryptozoology, dammit! All that is required is the spirit of adventure. - Night Walker

#23    DieChecker

DieChecker

I'm a Rogue Scholar

• 17,821 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 08:02 PM

View PostBabe Ruth, on 16 April 2012 - 09:15 PM, said:

Quite right on that point DieChecker--large parts of the entire world are immoral.  While our immorality and hypocrisy may be more egregious, given our holding ourselves up as saviors of the world, but the entire species is pretty much the same.
What egregious immoralities lead the list of US offenses?

Are they worse then Darfor? Or, the Sudan? Or the Terrorism between India and Pakistan? Or the ethnic cleansing in the Balkans? Or how many of the nations of South America turn a blind eye to the Drug Industry there and treat the heads of the drug Cartels as princes? How the child sex trade is tollerated in SE Asia?

#24    eqgumby

eqgumby

Telekinetic

• 7,576 posts

• If you have genuine psi-powers, you can change the world overnight. So do it, or stop playing Dragon-Ball Z with my brain!

Posted 17 April 2012 - 08:50 PM

View PostDieChecker, on 17 April 2012 - 07:52 PM, said:

Because these are people who are supposed to be professionals, with decades of experience. They are hired by the government based on their professionalism. Just as I would expect a high level of morals from a military officer. Just as I would expect of an FBI agent.

Politicians you have to expect to be corrupt. Playing people and spending money to get votes is how every single one gets elected.
Professionals need to score too.
Who cares? If they didn't violate any laws where they were or rules that they are supposed to adhere to, I almost could care less. And what's all this moral crap that the US looks bad? They were Colombian hookers, from Colombia, in Colombia, adhering to Colombian law. It's they guys business as long as they didn't break a law or any rules they agreed to adhere to.

Credentials/Background<--This is a link!

It's not about tolerance and it's certainly not about searching for truth. It's about the chic of the intelligentsia. ---  Harmon-E Cherry
http://chzgifs.files...chucknorris.gif

#25    hpamdmonster

hpamdmonster

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 12:28 AM

View Postninjadude, on 16 April 2012 - 05:40 PM, said:

What do morals have to do with it? Is there a moral turpitude clause in their employment? I think not. The issue is illegality not morals.

Yes there is a morals clause in their contract!!

#26    Babe Ruth

Babe Ruth

Non-Corporeal Being

• 8,373 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 01:53 AM

View PostDieChecker, on 17 April 2012 - 08:02 PM, said:

What egregious immoralities lead the list of US offenses?

Are they worse then Darfor? Or, the Sudan? Or the Terrorism between India and Pakistan? Or the ethnic cleansing in the Balkans? Or how many of the nations of South America turn a blind eye to the Drug Industry there and treat the heads of the drug Cartels as princes? How the child sex trade is tollerated in SE Asia?

No, they are not worse than other examples of man's inhumanity to man.  Perhaps more hypocritical because of our bluff & bluster as we "spread democracy" by means of High Explosive.

Our egregious immorality is mostly related to the Dogs Of War that were unleashed in response to the events of 11 September.  Mostly war crimes, such as institutionalized torture and rendition.  Of course we give the goat herders of Central Asia their daily dose of murder and mayhem delivered by Predator Drones.

When 54% of american christians condone torture, it's safe to say that we've lost our moral bearings, eh?

#27    and then

and then

Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

• 13,645 posts

• Because what came before never seems enough...

Posted 18 April 2012 - 02:18 AM

View PostBiffSplitkins, on 17 April 2012 - 06:57 PM, said:

One thing is for certain... this will probably be the only TRUE thing that Obama can actually blame on 'Bush' :P
     :w00t:    :blink:     :w00t:

We've cast the world, we've set the stage,
  for what could be, the darkest age...

#28    and then

and then

Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

• 13,645 posts

• Because what came before never seems enough...

Posted 18 April 2012 - 02:23 AM

View PostBabe Ruth, on 18 April 2012 - 01:53 AM, said:

No, they are not worse than other examples of man's inhumanity to man.  Perhaps more hypocritical because of our bluff & bluster as we "spread democracy" by means of High Explosive.

Our egregious immorality is mostly related to the Dogs Of War that were unleashed in response to the events of 11 September.  Mostly war crimes, such as institutionalized torture and rendition.  Of course we give the goat herders of Central Asia their daily dose of murder and mayhem delivered by Predator Drones.

When 54% of american christians condone torture, it's safe to say that we've lost our moral bearings, eh?
Had 911 not occurred we Americans would be quite happy to have left the "goat herders" alone.  I get sick of people spitting on my country while they live here...blaming the world's woes on anything but their own actions.  Here's a clue for ya Babe - don't attack the US and we'll leave your country alone, deal?

We've cast the world, we've set the stage,
  for what could be, the darkest age...

#29    eqgumby

eqgumby

Telekinetic

• 7,576 posts

• If you have genuine psi-powers, you can change the world overnight. So do it, or stop playing Dragon-Ball Z with my brain!

Posted 18 April 2012 - 04:23 PM

View Posthpamdmonster, on 18 April 2012 - 12:28 AM, said:

Yes there is a morals clause in their contract!!
Is there? Any sources, or links to what a Secret Service agents contract looks like? I'm curious to see what they actually have for terms of employment.

Credentials/Background<--This is a link!

It's not about tolerance and it's certainly not about searching for truth. It's about the chic of the intelligentsia. ---  Harmon-E Cherry
http://chzgifs.files...chucknorris.gif

#30    ninjadude

ninjadude

Seeker of truths

• 10,989 posts

• "dirt collects at the interfaces"

Posted 18 April 2012 - 04:31 PM

View PostDieChecker, on 17 April 2012 - 07:52 PM, said:

Because these are people who are supposed to be professionals, with decades of experience. They are hired by the government based on their professionalism.

So professionals can't be immoral? Professionals have higher morals than others? Professionals hare supposed to have higher morals?

These are mistaken impressions. There is nothing whatsoever to do with morals.

Definition of PROFESSIONALISM
1   : the conduct, aims, or qualities that characterize or mark a profession or a professional person(see 1professional) 2   : the following of a profession (as athletics) for gain or livelihood

Profession

a   : a calling requiring specialized knowledge and often long and intensive academic preparation    b   : a principal calling, vocation, or employment

"Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it. Begin it now!""
- Friedrich Nietzsche

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users