Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Chinese circus flaunts government ban

Still Waters

Zoos across China are still putting on cruel exotic animal performances, three months after they were banned by the government.

In one show in Guangxi Zhuang yesterday, crowds cheered as a tiger teetered on the back of a horse, while monkeys, with chains around their necks, rode bicycles around in circles.

The grim spectacle is slowly being outlawed across the country - 300 state-owned zoos were notified in January they had to close their circuses - but many others claim they were never told about the ban and have no intention of stopping.

arrow3.gifRead more...

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Keel M.

• Still Waters

• and-then

• Simbi Laveau

Top Posters In This Topic

I went to the Beijing zoo in 2000 and it was the most depressing zoo I've ever seen. The animals were filthy and unkempt and some of the other visitors even taunted the elephants with food but did not feed them. Even the pandas seemed malnourished to me. BTW... after watching this one guy torment the elephant with puffed rice I walked up next to him and dumped my whole bag of puffed rice in the cage with the elephant. :innocent:

I went to the Beijing zoo in 2000 and it was the most depressing zoo I've ever seen. The animals were filthy and unkempt and some of the other visitors even taunted the elephants with food but did not feed them. Even the pandas seemed malnourished to me. BTW... after watching this one guy torment the elephant with puffed rice I walked up next to him and dumped my whole bag of puffed rice in the cage with the elephant. :innocent:

I hate people.I hated the circus as a child.My parents were dumbfounded.

I never had a specific reason why ,but id cry If they tried to make me go,so they gave up.

Edited by Simbi Laveau

Shut. Them. Down. Immediately. Then string up the owners/workers of all the zoos and make them perform like circus animals.