Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Himalayan glaciers growing despite global

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#16    OverSword

OverSword

Forum Divinity

• 11,653 posts

• When the power of love overcomes the love of power then humanity can evolve

Posted 17 April 2012 - 07:39 PM

LOL!  I'm warning you, you just agreed with a "conspiracy theorist" :ph34r: LOL!

#17    JayMark

JayMark

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 941 posts

• Our universe was created out of a desire. A desire to experiment, interact and evolve within a multitude of planes of consciousness.

Posted 17 April 2012 - 08:20 PM

View PostOverSword, on 17 April 2012 - 07:39 PM, said:

LOL!  I'm warning you, you just agreed with a "conspiracy theorist" :ph34r: LOL!

You got me pretty well now did you? Hahaha!  :lol:

The thing is as far as "conspiracies" go, I do beleive in one as far as global warming is concerned. It would simply have to do with fossil fuel industries generating misinformation campaigns that go against already proven matter but dismissing it at the same time. Thus, I think calling it a "conspiracy' isn't too far off. But I don't want to discuss the definition of the word.

The problem is that most people now often correlate the word "conspiracy" with aliens, new world order, reduction of population and what not. I am open to these and have my views but as far as this topic goes, I won't venture in the one world government theory even if I am open to it.

That's all. I just didn't want to jump in it here. We have other boards for this.

Peace out you funny dude!  :P

Bartender says: "Sorry, we don't serve faster-than-light neutrinos here."

So you have these two faster-than-light neutrinos walking into a bar...

#18    anotherdave

anotherdave

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 08:59 PM

Come on commenters...I know you are smarter than this...do some research - and follow the money.  The truth will be borne out, I promise.

#19    Shadowman972

Shadowman972

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 14 posts

• Perception is 80% of Reality

Posted 17 April 2012 - 09:27 PM

This is because Global warming is a lie. The Poles are getting warmer but there is snow falling in deserts around the world. There is no "global Warming", there is a polar shift taking place. Just look around..... If it was "global warming" the entire globe would be getting hotter, but that is not the case.

Brad Dotten
Founder / Lead Investigator
Things that go bump in the night Paranormal Investigations
Alberta, Canada
www.thingsthatgobumpinthenight.ca

#20    questionmark

questionmark

Cinicus Magnus

• 34,016 posts

• In a flat world there is an explanation to everything.

Posted 17 April 2012 - 10:22 PM

View PostShadowman972, on 17 April 2012 - 09:27 PM, said:

This is because Global warming is a lie. The Poles are getting warmer but there is snow falling in deserts around the world. There is no "global Warming", there is a polar shift taking place. Just look around..... If it was "global warming" the entire globe would be getting hotter, but that is not the case.

Yeh, the poles are shifting all around the equator...sure thing. And lately the sun goes up in the North.

A skeptic is a well informed believer and a pessimist a well informed optimist
The most dangerous views of the world are from those who have never seen it. ~ Alexander v. Humboldt
If you want to bulls**t me please do it so that it takes me more than a minute to find out

about me

#21    Mr. Smith

Mr. Smith

Dirt Eater

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,170 posts

• Anger is a wind which blows out the lamp of the mind.
    -Robert Green Ingersoll

Posted 18 April 2012 - 02:12 AM

The whole polar shifting thing is a hoax. It probably did it when the continents were much closer together but they're much too far apart right now to affect the poles in this century. Or the next few thousand. Give or take a billion. :geek:

#22    angi chiesa

angi chiesa

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 273 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 05:22 AM

Something is happening to the planets climate. I live in Thailand and you may be aware that in 2011 we had heavy rain well before the rainy season and some time after.Flooding as never before.I also spen several months of the year on my sailing boat in Crete. The summer Meltemi last year was noticable weak.However the winter gales has been dramatic.In the Mediteranean the seasons have gone back about a month since ten years ago.This has been noted by the company that produce the sailing pilot books.Is this global warming  ?

#23    JayMark

JayMark

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 941 posts

• Our universe was created out of a desire. A desire to experiment, interact and evolve within a multitude of planes of consciousness.

Posted 18 April 2012 - 01:36 PM

View Postanotherdave, on 17 April 2012 - 08:59 PM, said:

Come on commenters...I know you are smarter than this...do some research - and follow the money.  The truth will be borne out, I promise.

Go on. What is this truth?

The question of global warming belongs to the scientific domain to begin with. And it's not an opinion or a theory.

A smart person would go on and look at the physics behind it to get the picture, not just "think" that it might be fake for economical/political reasons.

Peace.

Edited by JayMark, 18 April 2012 - 02:26 PM.

#24    JayMark

JayMark

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 941 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 02:08 PM

Global climate is driven by a multitude of heat distribution mechanisms. If I follow your logic, the temperature should be the same everywhere in the world. Considering they aren't, how do you think we can determine the global temperature? Yes, by making an average of all the temperatures recorded everywhere (in simple terms).

Here is an example. If you consider this sequence of numbers; 5, 15, 10, 5, 15 and make an average, you get 10. If I then take the same sequence but change only two of them; 15, 15, 10, 5, 10 and make a new average, I now get 11. So did I need to change every number to raise the average? No. Same with global temperature. Note that I even lowered one of them just like it is happening in some areas. The new average is still higher that initial average. Hope you get the picture.

Peace.

#25    DexGHenry

DexGHenry

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 05:19 PM

alot of interesting points of view here

#26    Ashotep

Ashotep

Telekinetic

• 7,148 posts

• Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway-John Wayne

Posted 05 May 2012 - 12:33 AM

If they do pass a carbon tax big oil won't be the one paying it, we will.

I think they just need to keep researching ways to really reduce our dependence on oil.  Then don't allow some big oil company to buy the patent and put it on the shelf somewhere.

#27    JayMark

JayMark

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 941 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 01:40 PM

View PostHilander, on 05 May 2012 - 12:33 AM, said:

If they do pass a carbon tax big oil won't be the one paying it, we will.

I think they just need to keep researching ways to really reduce our dependence on oil.  Then don't allow some big oil company to buy the patent and put it on the shelf somewhere.

We could already reduce by a lot our dependence on oil. We have plenty of ways. Literally. Same for gas and other fossiel fuel.

The problem comes from the fossil industries themselves. They pull all the strings. They are the most influent people on the earth. Governments could fight them. But they don't, of course. They eat in their hands. Here in Canada, Power Corporation (Desmarais) is the ghost manipulating politicians. And they own 70% of the newspaper.

If you dig enough, you'll find those industries everywhere. Big missinformations campains that deny global warming of deny our impact are virtually all funded by the industry. Take the Heartland Institute for an example. What a farce. They have a very funny report called "7 Theories of Climate Change". First theory is antropogenic greenhouse gas emissions. They ruled it out. The six others are a big pile of "playing with facts" and a big salad of missinformation/missleading. One of these days... one of these days...

#28    ealdwita

ealdwita

Hwt oredmcg

• 4,657 posts

• Hige sceal e heardra, heorte e cenre, mod sceal e mare, e ure mgen lytla.

Posted 08 May 2012 - 05:21 PM

I spend a good part of the year living and working in Pokhara, Nepal which is at the foot of the Annapurna Range. We don't have any glaciers in our area, but I've spoken to Sherpas from the Eastern regions who seem to vary in their opinions on glacial growth. I have my suspicions that their stories of glacial growth or shrinkage depends on who was financing the expeditions they were portering for! Apparently, scientists are worried about the many glacial lakes we have here, such as Tsho Rolpa bursting their banks and threatening villages below them. This happened a while ago at Dig Tsho and devastated a 42Km area.

"G a wyrd swa hio scel, ac gecnwan n gef!": "Fate goes ever as she shall, but know thine enemy!".

"I was born with a priceless gift - the ability to laugh at other peoples' troubles" - Dame Edna Everage

#29    ThickasaBrick

ThickasaBrick

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 387 posts

• "Your wise men don't know how it feels to be thick as a brick." "I'll judge you all and make damn sure that no-one judges me."
    -Jethro Tull

Posted 04 June 2012 - 12:29 PM

I prefer the term climate change. There is no doubt that the CO2 in the atmosphere has an effect on the climate, just what sort of effect is a mystery. Regardless, the Earth has gone through it before and will cope.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users