Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Woman sobs during TSA pat down

• Please log in to reply
81 replies to this topic

#1    Simbi Laveau

Simbi Laveau

Overlord A. Snuffleupagus

• 8,266 posts

• ~So what's all this then ?!

Posted 16 April 2012 - 09:57 PM

http://www.huffingto....html?ir=Travel

I applied for a job with the TSA,part time,while trying to get my acupuncture practice going.
I would have ended up at Kennedy Airport.
I took the tests,and had my interview. One incident at the office,made me change my mind,despite needing the money very badly.
They are truly ,a bunch of buffoons.
Especially at Kennedy

Miss me?

#2    Bavarian Raven

Bavarian Raven

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,571 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 10:31 PM

i agree the TSA does go wayyy too far
but that being said, if all u have to do is cry to "skip" being searched, i could smuggle anything onto a plane... eitherway, its a stick situation  :huh:

#3    Ashotep

Ashotep

Telekinetic

• 7,465 posts

• Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway-John Wayne

Posted 16 April 2012 - 11:53 PM

I think they go too far.  I bet people avoid flying to the US because of their tactics.   But 9/11 gave us the Patriot Act.

#4    Sakari

Sakari

tohi

• 12,567 posts
  • Location:Safford, Arizona...My heart and soul are still on the Oregon Coast.

• Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Posted 17 April 2012 - 12:43 AM

TSA Confiscates 4 Guns a Day

The Transportation Security Administration said  it picked up 1,306 guns at airport checkpoints last year.

That’s four guns a day. And that doesn’t include the spear guns and bombs.

Last week alone the TSA confiscated a live mortar  bomb, heavy duty  firecrackers, three stun guns, signal flares and a jar of dead snakes.   Two weeks ago, TSA agents found, yes, a spear gun  and 24 loaded  firearms in passenger luggage....................................

http://abcnews.go.co...s-4-guns-a-day/

TSA Confiscates More Than 1,000 Guns From Airplane Passengers in 2011

Transportation Security Administration officers have confiscated more  than 1,000 guns that were discovered by security personnel as  passengers traveled through airport security screenings so far this  year, the head of the TSA said.

“More than 10 years after the Sept. 11 attacks, people are still  trying to bring deadly weapons into the cabin of an airplane,” TSA  administrator John Pistole said at George Washington University’s  Homeland Security Policy Institute.

“On Tuesday, just two days ago, we detected nine guns passengers had  in their carry-on bags at various checkpoints around the country.”  Pistole said.

Pistole showed several slides of drugs and weapons that passengers were attempting to bring or smuggle on board aircraft.............................

http://abcnews.go.co...engers-in-2011/

TSA often seizes weapons at BWI

Cattle prod, pistols, meat cleaver and switchblades among the haul from security checkpoints
  • Posted Image
(Amy Davis, Baltimore Sun)April 15, 2012|By Candus Thomson, The Baltimore SunAmong  the knives, real and toy pistols, and other dangerous weapons seized at  BWI Marshall Airport, this one stood out: A curving 7-inch arc of  jagged teeth with a brass knuckle-style grip.

A blogger for the  Transportation Security Administration coined the nickname "debrainer"  as he enshrined the nasty-looking utensil in the TSA's informal hall of  fame...............................

http://articles.balt...ity-checkpoints

Posted Image

Posted Image

Our Wolf's Memorial Page

http://petsupports.com/a04/sakari.htm

#5    sam12six

sam12six

Psychic Spy

• 1,371 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 12:46 AM

Did they confiscate these guns and bombs by squeezing peoples' junk?

#6    Legaia

Legaia

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 567 posts

• "I have grown quite fond of pigs. Dogs look up to us. Cats look down on us. Pigs treat us as equals."

-Sir Winston Churchill

Posted 17 April 2012 - 12:52 AM

View PostColoradoParanormal, on 17 April 2012 - 12:03 AM, said:

- post removed -

That's one of the most ridiculous things I've ever read on here. I know cops, am good friends with some, and I can't say I've ever seen the slightest bit of anything that you've mentioned in them. Most cops are good, and deserve respect. Don't generalize people because it makes you sound ignorant, to put it nicely (like an idiot, to be honest).

#7    sam12six

sam12six

Psychic Spy

• 1,371 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 01:01 AM

View PostLegaia, on 17 April 2012 - 12:52 AM, said:

That's one of the most ridiculous things I've ever read on here. I know cops, am good friends with some, and I can't say I've ever seen the slightest bit of anything that you've mentioned in them. Most cops are good, and deserve respect. Don't generalize people because it makes you sound ignorant, to put it nicely (like an idiot, to be honest).

We can all only speak from our own experiences, but all the cops I have ever known well enough to talk about it became cops by default. They didn't know what to do with their lives, so they hit the military after they finished high school. After the military, still not knowing what to do with their lives, they applied for the job that paid the most for their qualifications - police officer.

In my life, I've met exactly ONE person whose actual life's goal was to be in law enforcement (and that person wanted to be a Fed). Colorado's post might have been a little harshly worded, but it's probably not completely off the mark...

#8    Legaia

Legaia

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 567 posts

• "I have grown quite fond of pigs. Dogs look up to us. Cats look down on us. Pigs treat us as equals."

-Sir Winston Churchill

Posted 17 April 2012 - 01:25 AM

View Postsam12six, on 17 April 2012 - 01:01 AM, said:

We can all only speak from our own experiences, but all the cops I have ever known well enough to talk about it became cops by default. They didn't know what to do with their lives, so they hit the military after they finished high school. After the military, still not knowing what to do with their lives, they applied for the job that paid the most for their qualifications - police officer.

In my life, I've met exactly ONE person whose actual life's goal was to be in law enforcement (and that person wanted to be a Fed). Colorado's post might have been a little harshly worded, but it's probably not completely off the mark...

Whatever the reasoning is for becoming a cop is irrelevant, they still protect people, no matter how corny that sounds. Most people don't amount to what they dream of being. Law enforcement is just another field of work.

#9    Sakari

Sakari

tohi

• 12,567 posts

• Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Posted 17 April 2012 - 01:28 AM

View Postsam12six, on 17 April 2012 - 12:46 AM, said:

Did they confiscate these guns and bombs by squeezing peoples' junk?

They never squeezed anyone's " junk ".......

I really should not get into this again........

Reads own signature.

Our Wolf's Memorial Page

#10    Aus Der Box Skeptisch

Aus Der Box Skeptisch

Unknown title error

• 2,950 posts
  • Location:arizona (originally the wisconsin/minnesota area eh!)

• Holding on to anger is like grasping a hot coal with the intent of throwing it at someone else; you are the one who gets burned.”

Posted 17 April 2012 - 01:33 AM

View PostSakari, on 17 April 2012 - 12:43 AM, said:

The Transportation Security Administration said  it picked up 1,306 guns at airport checkpoints last year.

Last week alone the TSA confiscated a live mortar  bomb, heavy duty  firecrackers, three stun guns, signal flares and a jar of dead snakes.   Two weeks ago, TSA agents found, yes, a spear gun  and 24 loaded  firearms in passenger luggage....................................

Transportation Security Administration officers have confiscated more  than 1,000 guns that were discovered by security personnel as  passengers traveled through airport security screenings so far this  year, the head of the TSA said.

“More than 10 years after the Sept. 11 attacks, people are still  trying to bring deadly weapons into the cabin of an airplane,” TSA  administrator John Pistole said at George Washington University’s  Homeland Security Policy Institute.

“On Tuesday, just two days ago, we detected nine guns passengers had  in their carry-on bags at various checkpoints around the country.”  Pistole said.

Pistole showed several slides of drugs and weapons that passengers were attempting to bring or smuggle on board aircraft.............................

Cattle prod, pistols, meat cleaver and switchblades among the haul from security checkpoints
  • Posted Image
(Amy Davis, Baltimore Sun)April 15, 2012|By Candus Thomson, The Baltimore SunAmong  the knives, real and toy pistols, and other dangerous weapons seized at  BWI Marshall Airport, this one stood out: A curving 7-inch arc of  jagged teeth with a brass knuckle-style grip.

A blogger for the  Transportation Security Administration coined the nickname "debrainer"  as he enshrined the nasty-looking utensil in the TSA's informal hall of  fame...............................

Posted Image

Posted Image
A bit overglorified... I take it you support the actions of the tsa...

"Though I stand in opposition to you, I am not opposed to you. Night and Day stand in opposition to each other, but they are not opposed to each other -they are merely two halves of the same coin."

#11    Sakari

Sakari

tohi

• 12,567 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 01:36 AM

View PostColoradoParanormal, on 17 April 2012 - 12:03 AM, said:

- post removed -

Colorado, I gotta say I am surprised that you said this......Out of 9 Law Enforcement people I know, 7 are ex-Military.....All 7 in live combat in the first Iraq War.....

They all have in one way or another saved someones life......My Ex's Uncle ( great guy ) flew a Apache, and now flies for the San Diego Police Department, getting druggies off the streets, and other thugs.....

ouch man.......... :blush:

Can't all ways agree, that would be no fun :)

Still like ya bro ;)

Our Wolf's Memorial Page

#12    sam12six

sam12six

Psychic Spy

• 1,371 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 01:41 AM

View PostLegaia, on 17 April 2012 - 01:25 AM, said:

Whatever the reasoning is for becoming a cop is irrelevant, they still protect people, no matter how corny that sounds. Most people don't amount to what they dream of being. Law enforcement is just another field of work.

I disagree somewhat with that view (unless you count the deterrent effect of their sheer presence). I believe the job was once to maintain peace and has evolved into collecting revenue for the government.

View PostSakari, on 17 April 2012 - 01:28 AM, said:

They never squeezed anyone's " junk ".......

I really should not get into this again........

Reads own signature.

Well, you posted examples of TSA seizing dangerous things. I'm making an assumption, but it seems that you did so to support the idea that TSA methods are working. If they confiscated these dangerous things by squeezing peoples' junk, making them take their shoes off, or pouring out liquids, you've definitely got a point.

If, on the other hand, they confiscated these dangerous things using the same methods that would have found them pre-9/11 (metal detectors on people and xrays of bags), to me that would argue that their added intrusive activities are pointless.

#13    Aus Der Box Skeptisch

Aus Der Box Skeptisch

Unknown title error

• 2,950 posts
  • Location:arizona (originally the wisconsin/minnesota area eh!)

• Holding on to anger is like grasping a hot coal with the intent of throwing it at someone else; you are the one who gets burned.”

Posted 17 April 2012 - 01:44 AM

View Postsam12six, on 17 April 2012 - 01:41 AM, said:

I disagree somewhat with that view (unless you count the deterrent effect of their sheer presence). I believe the job was once to maintain peace and has evolved into collecting revenue for the government.

Well, you posted examples of TSA seizing dangerous things. I'm making an assumption, but it seems that you did so to support the idea that TSA methods are working. If they confiscated these dangerous things by squeezing peoples' junk, making them take their shoes off, or pouring out liquids, you've definitely got a point.

If, on the other hand, they confiscated these dangerous things using the same methods that would have found them pre-9/11 (metal detectors on people and xrays of bags), to me that would argue that their added intrusive activities are pointless.
:tu: +1

"Though I stand in opposition to you, I am not opposed to you. Night and Day stand in opposition to each other, but they are not opposed to each other -they are merely two halves of the same coin."

#14    Sakari

Sakari

tohi

• 12,567 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 01:45 AM

View PostAus Der Box Skeptisch, on 17 April 2012 - 01:33 AM, said:

A bit overglorified... I take it you support the actions of the tsa...

Yes I do, is there something wrong with me having my own opinion?

Anyone can have their's also, and I can respect that......

I  just wanted to point out that yes, they have and do find " stuff " as many people try to say they do not....

I also just hate the over dramatised 1000 times things like " squeezed someones junk "......But hey, I guess that is also someones opinion, problem is, they do not squeeze someones junk.... :no:

It is really simple, and not being rude.....If you do not like it, do not fly....It is a choice that anyone get's to make.

If you do not mind it, fly all you want, that is a choice anyone get's to make.

Edited by Sakari, 17 April 2012 - 01:48 AM.

Our Wolf's Memorial Page

#15    Simbi Laveau

Simbi Laveau

Overlord A. Snuffleupagus

• 8,266 posts

• ~So what's all this then ?!

Posted 17 April 2012 - 01:51 AM

View PostSakari, on 17 April 2012 - 12:43 AM, said:

• Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image
Probably all found on xray.The pat downs are ridiculous.And they are stealing us blind.
They are grossly unprofessional in my opinion.

http://newyork.cbslo...-jfk-passenger/
And this is just the tip of the iceberg .

http://abclocal.go.c...tors&id=7447038

Miss me?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users