Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Who will you vote for?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
73 replies to this topic

#31    Michelle

Michelle

Forum Divinity

• 15,261 posts

• Eleanor Roosevelt: Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.

Posted 05 October 2004 - 09:52 PM

laugh.gif  cynumyngirl, I agree, I'd like to see a woman President...just so long as it's not Hillary.

#32    Nxt2Hvn

Nxt2Hvn

Alien Abducter

• 5,083 posts

• 'For we walk by faith, not by sight.' II Corinthians 5:7

Posted 05 October 2004 - 10:19 PM

Yes... Hillary is the DEVIL!  devil.gif

I would rather live my life as if there is a God, and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't, and die to find out there is.

Don't be afraid that your life will end, be afraid that it will never begin. ~anonymous~

#33    Novo

Novo

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,047 posts

• Illicit Citizen Of Utopia

Posted 05 October 2004 - 11:03 PM

Iraq IS about oil.

The stupider people think you are, the more suprised they are when you kill them.
- Unknown

History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people.
-Martin Luthur king Jr, activist

Never forget that everything Hitler did in Germany was legal.
- Martin luthur King Jr., activist

#34    Celumnaz

Celumnaz

Telekinetic

• 7,039 posts

• I don't know what I don't know.

Posted 05 October 2004 - 11:34 PM

QUOTE(cynamyngirl @ Oct 5 2004, 05:13 PM)
WHAT ABOUT OSAMA?
Why do we have MORE G.I's in Iraq than in Afghanistan?
What about 9-11?
What about us?
What about our money?

Everyone on here who is against me doesnt have the answers to those?

Well, I'm opposite that opinion and I'll give my opinionated answers...

Osama's been keeping a low profile, we'll get him if we haven't already.  While hunting him are we to do nothing else?  It took the whole world 54 years to find Julius Viel, and 2 years after that to even sentence him.  I'm thinking as well known as Osama is, and as many people looking for him as there are, he'll be found sooner rather than later.  It's my opinion, others disagree.

About the number of troops, I'm getting conflicting reports. I'm looking for a .gov site that will tell me, anybody point me to one?  That's a thing for fact checking.  Now, opinion wise, I don't care who has more troops, as long as it has the number of troops it takes to do the job.  If I can find good numbers on the numbers I'll give my opinion on that too. original.gif

What about 9/11 do you want to talk about?  The aspect where Clinton reduced and abused our intelligence capability, or how a boastful belligerent Saddam funded al-Queda through the UN's Oil for Food program giving them the money to carry out the attack, or if we had enforced laws already on the books they wouldn't have been able to do what they did, or it was an evil act just like the other evil acts that never got America's attention while they buried their heads in the sand and took freedom for granted, or... well, it's my opinion after all.

What about us? Ummm... well... I'm ok.

Our money, now that's a biggie to me too hehe.  Tax cuts were the best thing for the nation.  Class warfare is being perpetuated by Kerry and his ilk, 10% of 100 is not the same as 10% of 1000, when 200 is guessed might grow to be 300 but turns out 250 that is not a cut it still grew by 50 but that's what Kerry and his ilk call cuts it's still sapping that money out of our pockets and it's not even the 200 it was it's 250... and there's more reasons.

Kerry is the worst man for the country.  Bush is unfortunately much better.  I am voting for neither.  Not even sure about that Badnarik fellow anymore either.

Oh!!  I'll do a write in for Alan Keys!  Yes!  It'll be my first write in ever.  First Black President, Alan Keys.

QUOTE(Fluffybunny @ Oct 5 2004, 05:32 PM)
Did you know that a recent gallup poll put nearly 30% of the Kerry supporters into that category?

Gallup Poll!
Reasons why people are voting for Bush or Kerry

http://www.gallup.com/poll/content/default.aspx?ci=13096

Sorry, saw gallup and I've been going to them lately.  That's the most current presented data from them.

#35    peacelover

peacelover

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 198 posts

• "You'll never get another chance like this again tomorrow".

Posted 06 October 2004 - 01:15 AM

Student and Alive:

I am wondering if everyone is remembering that you do not have to answer the question as to whom you are voting?  Voting is a personal choice that is protected under the law as a private issue.  If you choose to share your personal choice, so be it.  Please be careful as to how and to whom you share your information.  

Peacelover

#36    Fluffybunny

Fluffybunny

Forum Divinity

• 14,136 posts

• "Of all the tyrannies that affect mankind, tyranny in religion is the worst."
    Thomas Paine

Posted 06 October 2004 - 01:20 AM

Fluffybunny,Oct 5 2004, 05:32 PM]Did you know that a recent gallup poll put nearly 30% of the Kerry supporters into that category?

Sorry, saw gallup and I've been going to them lately.  That's the most current presented data from them.

Here is a sentance from the link you posted from the Gallup website:
More than one in four registered voters who support Kerry say they are voting for Kerry because they want Bush out of office (18%) or more simply they dislike Bush (9%)

27% is nearly 30%, hence my comment.

Too many people on both sides of the spectrum have fallen into this mentality that a full one half of the country are the enemy for having different beliefs...in a country based on freedom of expression. It is this infighting that allows the focus to be taken away from "we the people" being able to watch, and have control over government corruption and ineptitude that is running rampant in our leadership.

People should be working towards fixing problems, not creating them.

#37    Independent1

Independent1

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 704 posts

Posted 06 October 2004 - 01:28 AM

QUOTE(Student&Alive @ Oct 5 2004, 07:03 PM)
Iraq IS about oil.

View Post

Yes, If you are French or German (Saddam bought them out with bargain basement oil contracts that would take effect if they could get the sanctions renewed).

As far as the US, we have given total custody of the Oil to the Iraqi people.

If Iraq had no oil, we still would have went their and kicked Saddam's A**.

#38    Novo

Novo

Psychic Spy

• 2,047 posts

Posted 06 October 2004 - 01:36 AM

QUOTE(Independent1 @ Oct 6 2004, 02:28 AM)
Iraq IS about oil.

View Post

Yes, If you are French or German (Saddam bought them out with bargain basement oil contracts that would take effect if they could get the sanctions renewed).

View Post

all the supporters of the iraq war, hammered on about WMDS. Now the entire thing is about "liberating" some people.
Liberate me on your own time.

The stupider people think you are, the more suprised they are when you kill them.
- Unknown

History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people.

#39    Independent1

Independent1

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 704 posts

Posted 06 October 2004 - 01:42 AM

QUOTE(Student&Alive @ Oct 5 2004, 09:36 PM)
QUOTE(Independent1 @ Oct 6 2004, 02:28 AM)
Iraq IS about oil.

View Post

View Post

all the supporters of the iraq war, hammered on about WMDS. Now the entire thing is about "liberating" some people.
Liberate me on your own time.

View Post

There was no mention of liberating people in either of the posts you sited, just a discussion about the role of oil in France's decision to veto the 18th resolution against Iraq.

Granted, I do think it was great that we are liberating them.  If you want to have that discussion, lets have it.  As a byproduct of our removing Saddam from power (which has been the official US policy since 1998 under Clinton), we are liberating them from an oppressive tyrant who tortured his subjects on a routine basis.  Great.  How is that a bad thing?

Oh wait, it was a republican that did it.  Yeah, ther must have been something evil afoot.

Edited by Independent1, 06 October 2004 - 01:42 AM.

#40    Fluffybunny

Fluffybunny

Forum Divinity

• 14,136 posts

• "Of all the tyrannies that affect mankind, tyranny in religion is the worst."
    Thomas Paine

Posted 06 October 2004 - 01:50 AM

Yes, that is true. Having that iraqi oil on the market helps the US right?

If Iraq had no oil, Saddam would have never made it to the position he had, it isn't like Iraq has many other natural resources to make billions of dollars from...

Also, I don't know if your statement is correct. There are several "Saddams" running countries right now thta we don't seem to be kicking the @ss of...I think that the oil in the region is a reason for us to be Iraq(not the only reason, but a reason nonetheless). Our country needs it, and we let a lot of other countries get away with more that don't have it...

Too many people on both sides of the spectrum have fallen into this mentality that a full one half of the country are the enemy for having different beliefs...in a country based on freedom of expression. It is this infighting that allows the focus to be taken away from "we the people" being able to watch, and have control over government corruption and ineptitude that is running rampant in our leadership.

People should be working towards fixing problems, not creating them.

#41    peacelover

peacelover

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 198 posts

• "You'll never get another chance like this again tomorrow".

Posted 06 October 2004 - 01:52 AM

Very good Independant 1, very good.

Peacelover

#42    Novo

Novo

Psychic Spy

• 2,047 posts

Posted 06 October 2004 - 01:55 AM

I had to take a shower indpendent 1 hence, my short post.
You are, of course aware of the millions of dollars we gave saddam?
for weapons?
we also helped put him in power.
If your not just tell me, and I'll go into greater detail.

- Unknown

#43    Independent1

Independent1

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 704 posts

Posted 06 October 2004 - 02:19 AM

QUOTE(Student&Alive @ Oct 5 2004, 09:55 PM)
I had to take a shower indpendent 1 hence, my short post.
You are, of course aware of the millions of dollars we gave saddam?
for weapons?
we also helped put him in power.
If your not just tell me, and I'll go into greater detail.

View Post

That was back in the 1980s, and we were wrong to do it.  At that time we were still preoccupied with the cold war, and Iraq was an ally against Russia.

It does not mean that we are forever bound to Saddam Hussien in holy matrimony.  If anything, it means we have a duty to go in there and clean up the problem we created.

Quite honestly, I am sick of hearing about how we helped Iraq in the 1980s.  It was a mistake.  Its done.  Its time to move on.

Edited by Independent1, 06 October 2004 - 02:56 AM.

#44    Independent1

Independent1

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 704 posts

Posted 06 October 2004 - 02:23 AM

QUOTE(Fluffybunny @ Oct 5 2004, 09:50 PM)

Yes, that is true. Having that iraqi oil on the market helps the US right?

To a minimal level, it helps the entire world oil market.

QUOTE(Fluffybunny @ Oct 5 2004, 09:50 PM)

There are several "Saddams" running countries right now thta we don't seem to be kicking the @ss of...

View Post

They'll get their turns.  First, diplomacy, which we did for 12 years (yes, there was an issue in Iraq prior to Bush), the if necessary force.

#45    Celumnaz

Celumnaz

Telekinetic

• 7,039 posts

• I don't know what I don't know.

Posted 06 October 2004 - 02:54 AM

QUOTE(Fluffybunny @ Oct 5 2004, 09:20 PM)

Here is a sentance from the link you posted from the Gallup website:
More than one in four registered voters who support Kerry say they are voting for Kerry because they want Bush out of office (18%) or more simply they dislike Bush (9%)

27% is nearly 30%, hence my comment.

View Post

If you go down a little further and look at the male voters you'll find the exact 30% number.  30% is dead on.  I saw that 27% too.  Really, I thought it would have been a higher number, it was a pleasant supprise.  original.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users